PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Till I Die!

spike220
23-01-2012, 09:11 PM
What is it with some of these folk that say they have had enough, or they are not coming back? The way I was brought up, you dont have a choice, sure you might stay away for a game or so, if you get really upset, but you will always get drawn back in. It is not like you can choose to support another team and off you go. I am afraid it is death till we part. In that time I will try to get to many games as I can. I remeber this lad at school who swap his teams each season, the guy had basssiclly no backbone as was a lost wee soul. I could never be a Man City fan or support the ugly sister it isnt in my DNA.

It reminds me of a wee story, when I was a lad my dad always went to the same chip shop. Over time the portions got smaller and the prices went up, my old man would complian all the time. One day he had enough and went mental at them and said he is never comming back. Anyway for six months we drove round the city trying to find a good chppie, but after six months we end up ging back to the old one, my old man couldnt swallow his pride though and for next ten years he would have to wait outside the chippie or send someone else. Bottom line he really liked their chips and things did improve. We now have a wee joke about it now and then.

So perhpaps those that have left hibs or say they leaving do have a hibs shaped hole in their lives waiting to be filled. Not sure why I wrote this or shared this story, I guess I just felt the need to share!

Hibs till I die

GGTTH.

fat freddy
23-01-2012, 09:49 PM
what chippie was it?

frazeHFC
23-01-2012, 09:52 PM
:thumbsup::flag::pfgwa:hibees:thumbsup:

:singing: WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC! :singing:

LewysHibee
23-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Agree with you 100%! GGTTH

mca
23-01-2012, 10:20 PM
If Hibs were to be classed as a Chippy.... - why would you keep going - week after week ... and would they sell rizlas.. !!!!

HibbyAndy
23-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I never get chips from A Chippy...I use it for Kebabs, Pizzas , Single hamburgers etc...

But point taken..Its the Hibs way or no way.

Allant1981
23-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Have to say i got totally fed up not so long ago and said i wasnt going bk, think it lasted maybe 4 games and i was itching to get back even though we are gash just now

Bad Martini
23-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Aye. I agree 200% with this one.

Whether you like it or not, agree or not or even want to or not, unfortunately its the RIGHT thing to do. And thats it. Following yer team, however ye do it and whether you go to the game or not, will not change. There's nae option to dae so.

The alternatives available, whilst possibly offering more success and "glory" are just no right, dirty and will generally require you to shower more than twice a day and/or repent your sins on an hourly basis.

Better to be Hibs and ***** than anything else and good.

ENDOF

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2012, 11:00 PM
What is it with some of these folk that say they have had enough, or they are not coming back? The way I was brought up, you dont have a choice, sure you might stay away for a game or so, if you get really upset, but you will always get drawn back in. It is not like you can choose to support another team and off you go. I afraid it is death till we part. In that time I will try to get to many games as I can. I remeber this lad at school who swap his teams each season, the guy had basssiclly no backbone as was a lost wee soul. I could never be a Man City fan or support the ugly sister it isnt in my DNA.

It reminds me of a wee story, when I was a lad my dad always went to the same chip shop. Over time the portions got smaller and the prices went up, my old man would complian all the time. One day he had enough and went mental at them and said he is never comming back. Anyway for six months we drove round the city trying to find a good chppie, but after six months we end up ging back to the old one, my old man couldnt swallow his pride though and for next ten years he would have to wait outside the chippie or send someone else. Bottom line he really liked their chips and things did improve. We now have a wee joke about it now and then.

So perhpaps those that have left hibs or say they leaving do have a hibs shaped hole in their lives waiting to be filled. Not sure why I wrote this or shared this story, I guess I just felt the need to share!

Hibs till I die

GGTTH.

Never got all this 'Hibs till I Die' nonsense. Do people expect to turn into Jambos when they reach the spirit world?

No, I'm Hibs beyond the grave, I'll be haunting those stands as an Emerald green ghost.

(And when Wee Airdrie Jambo passes he'll be haunting the toilets in the Wheatfield - no doubt trying to put the willy's up everybody.)

The Harp
23-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Nice original post Spike 220. I'm with you on this one. Even our 110 year wait for the Holy Grail of the Scottish Cup doesn't bother me so much now 'cos I've more or less resigned myself to the fact that I'll never see a Hibs captain holding it aloft in my lifetime. Hopefully, my son and daughter will though, and shed a wee tear for their auld faither when it eventually happens.:rolleyes:
For me right now, as long as we keep our place in the top flight and start entertaining the fans again, I'll be happy(ish). Must admit though to being seriously worried now about our plight this season. There's no way I'll be turning my back on the Club no matter what happens.
God Bless the Hibs!

frazeHFC
23-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Never got all this 'Hibs till I Die' nonsense. Do people expect to turn into Jambos when they reach the spirit world?

No, I'm Hibs beyond the grave, I'll be haunting those stands as an Emerald green ghost.

(And when Wee Airdrie Jambo passes he'll be haunting the toilets in the Wheatfield - no doubt trying to put the willy's up everybody.)

:hilarious :tee hee::thumbsup::greengrin:top marks:not worth

Ultrabee1-0
23-01-2012, 11:40 PM
agree with this!
us hibs fans have been through loads and we keep coming back. we have been through relagtion,waited so long on the scottish cup,not winning derbys not to forget the ''hands of hibs ''.

a guess what am trying to say is once a hiby always a hiby, through thick and thin.
HAIL HAIL

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

RIP
23-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Personally if somebody slags off my team I always want to punch them.

I've only done it once and it hurt my hand but it sure felt good.

silverhibee
24-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Personally if somebody slags off my team I always want to punch them.

I've only done it once and it hurt my hand but it sure felt good.

You should have kicked them with your size 11s, wouldn't have hurt so much. :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-01-2012, 12:23 AM
The internet age is a wonderful time to be an uberhibee, I wish it had been on the go during the Miller era when i could have pulled my pud about being a Superfan!

stu in nottingham
24-01-2012, 12:54 AM
What is it with some of these folk that say they have had enough, or they are not coming back? The way I was brought up, you dont have a choice, sure you might stay away for a game or so, if you get really upset, but you will always get drawn back in. It is not like you can choose to support another team and off you go. I afraid it is death till we part. In that time I will try to get to many games as I can. I remeber this lad at school who swap his teams each season, the guy had basssiclly no backbone as was a lost wee soul. I could never be a Man City fan or support the ugly sister it isnt in my DNA.

Hibs till I die

GGTTH.

Lovely post Spike. I for one am glad you shared.

The ties that bind.

God bless the Hibs, it's a love like no other.

zlatan
24-01-2012, 01:40 AM
What did you get out the chippy?

spike220
24-01-2012, 04:31 AM
What did you get out the chippy?

Sausage and chips, or cod and chips, a pickled onion and sometimes a pickled gherkin. My favourite was a white pudding supper or chicken supper, with a bottle of red cola. Then as we got older maybe a pizza when they started selling them.

The Chip Shop is in Walter Scott Ave shops in 'The Inch', run by a lovely Italian famiily (Hibs fans I think).

GGTTH

Sunny1875
24-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Thats a great Chippy, I used it for years when i stayed up there. But times change I moved away and i found another chippy, maybe or maybe not as good. If i ever pop in when i am in the Inch they still remember me and know my name not bad considering i moved away some 25 years ago.

On the other point thanks for Posting, I have lived on the other side of the Atlantic and lived away from Edinburgh more than once, with teams i could have supported, some of them i even went to watch, But it was always Hibernian in my heart.
Believe me you can divorce a wife or two and not give them a second thought once they are gone, but no matter how cruel a mistress Hibs have been, If you are brought up to support them, then it is a love that will always be with you. yes the results are sore now when they role in at the weekend's. Its not always been that way and wont always be that way in the future, If it hurts so much to watch when the club are in a bad patch there are enough buses that will take you along the M8 to watch sides that finish at the top consistently, Just remember to have a shower on return to the Capital.

spike220
24-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Thats a great Chippy, I used it for years when i stayed up there. But times change I moved away and i found another chippy, maybe or maybe not as good. If i ever pop in when i am in the Inch they still remember me and know my name not bad considering i moved away some 25 years ago.

On the other point thanks for Posting, I have lived on the other side of the Atlantic and lived away from Edinburgh more than once, with teams i could have supported, some of them i even went to watch, But it was always Hibernian in my heart.
Believe me you can divorce a wife or two and not give them a second thought once they are gone, but no matter how cruel a mistress Hibs have been, If you are brought up to support them, then it is a love that will always be with you. yes the results are sore now when they role in at the weekend's. Its not always been that way and wont always be that way in the future, If it hurts so much to watch when the club are in a bad patch there are enough buses that will take you along the M8 to watch sides that finish at the top consistently, Just remember to have a shower on return to the Capital.

Thats funny I left The Inch 26 year ago, where abouts did you live??

GGTTH

greenlex
24-01-2012, 08:12 AM
100% agreement with OP
Just az a wee aside. If Petrie had printed that in the match programme this place would be in meltdown.

spike220
24-01-2012, 08:25 AM

Still supporting Hibs after you die, sounds like purgutory mate!!! :greengrin

Franck is God
24-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I couldn't even imagine supporting another team and its seasons and periods like this that make days like the 18th March 2007, the first time I saw us beat Hearts, Archie at Tynie, 3-0 at Ibrox in the cup, 6-2, Keith Keith Keith Keith, AEK etc all the more special

We have 15 more league games left this season and I will be at as many of them as my wallet/season ticket will allow and give as much encouragement as I can.

Hibby til I die! GGTTH!

Speedway
24-01-2012, 12:49 PM
The internet age is a wonderful time to be an uberhibee, I wish it had been on the go during the Miller era when i could have pulled my pud about being a Superfan!

It probably would have been more fun than watching Miller's Hibs.

RIP
24-01-2012, 01:07 PM

The tongue in your cheek is showing :greengrin

Nothing wonderful at all about the Internet Age.

When I was wee there were only Hibs Supporters. Now there's fan this, uber this and super that. These type of supporters actually do not exist. You never meet them at a match or in the pub before a game.

You are either a Hibs supporter or you are not. It really is that simple.

superfurryhibby
24-01-2012, 01:12 PM
They say love is blind and when it comes to Hibs that's definitely the case. However, I have found myself becoming more and more detached from the game I love in recent years.

I really find myself disillusioned by the antics of players, the lack of respect they seem to have, for each other, the fans and the clubs that pay the wages. The prices, continuaal selling of any asset and shoddy treatment of fans also disheartens me and adds to my negative feelings.

I will always support HIbs, but it's not unconditional when it comes to parting with my hard earned cash.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Still supporting Hibs after you die, sounds like purgutory mate!!! :greengrin

Oh at times like these i'd mostly be haunting the bedrooms of Hollywood starlets, until another McLeish/Mowbrays/2nd part Lexo era came along.

You have to mix it up a little.

Speedway
24-01-2012, 01:37 PM
They say love is blind and when it comes to Hibs that's definitely the case. However, I have found myself becoming more and more detached from the game I love in recent years.

I really find myself disillusioned by the antics of players, the lack of respect they seem to have, for each other, the fans and the clubs that pay the wages. The prices, continuaal selling of any asset and shoddy treatment of fans also disheartens me and adds to my negative feelings.

I will always support HIbs, but it's not unconditional when it comes to parting with my hard earned cash.

Cash corrupts and the life of a footballer is not a tough one so unless you have oodles of self respect and character, lads will be lads.

Hibrandenburg
24-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Gonna be reincarnated as a Leith seagull. Added bonus is that you get to ***** on the away end from a great height. Gorgie is also well within ****ing distance.