PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Season (So far)

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2012, 07:28 PM
If the season ended now who would you say has been our best /most consistent performer?

Frogga
23-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Lewis Stevenson. Not that he's been brilliant, just the least bad!

R'Albin
23-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Osbourne or Stack from what I've seen.

Spike Mandela
23-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Yer having a ****ing laugh, surely:greengrin

ALF TUPPER
23-01-2012, 07:33 PM

:wink:

LeithBoozy
23-01-2012, 07:33 PM
The ballboy, FF stand!

Gala Foxes
23-01-2012, 07:36 PM
The ballboy, FF stand!

Can't accept that, our ball boys are like our Centre Halves, the slowest in the SPL

I love the way they watch the ball roll out of play past them and then wait until a player has to trail over to pick it up

Expect , like the 1st team, their ball boy game has gone to pieces since they started training at East Mains

SRHibs
23-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Even though he's a lazy sod, it's probably O'Connor. His goals so far have been invaluable. It's just a shame that both his fitness and form have deteriorated in the past couple of months.

SMAXXA
23-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Not one of them deserve any praise no matter which way we look at it, least bad or not. Without G'Ocs goals it would have been alot worse but he shot his bolt early on and has done little since for a player with the quality he has, all be it hes not showing it.

Cancel player of the year dance, its only January but lets do it :greengrin

LeithBoozy
23-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Can't accept that, our ball boys are like our Centre Halves, the slowest in the SPL

I love the way they watch the ball roll out of play past them and then wait until a player has to trail over to pick it up

Expect , like the 1st team, their ball boy game has gone to pieces since they started training at East Mains
I have shouted at him, move you lazy james hunt. but Leigh come over and gave me the V sign!:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
23-01-2012, 08:01 PM
If the season ended now who would you say has been our best /most consistent performer?

De Graf - never put a foot wrong this season at all. Either that or most improved player?

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Not a great deal to choose from, but Lewis has been the most consistent for me

HibbyAndy
23-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Lewis Stevenson.

Not the most gifted of players ill give you that, But the laddie bloody tries his best!!!.

Gmack7
23-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Mcpake

CraigK
23-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Wee Lewis for me. Not great but consistently half-decent! He at least gives 100% and looks like he wants to play for the team.

Elephant Stone
23-01-2012, 08:17 PM
O'Connor. If it wasn't for his goals the league table would make for very, very worrying viewing.

Wotherspiniesta
23-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Apart from try, what does Stevenson actually do?

Just wondering.

HibbyAndy
23-01-2012, 08:23 PM

Just wondering.

Could ask that of any player at the club.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Although he's been a waste of space in recent weeks, the goals that Garry O'Connor's scored this season have been invaluable and if it wasn't for his run at the start of the season, I shudder to think where we might be right now.

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Just wondering.

He is our most consistent player at the moment for me, so on that basis speaks volumes for the rest of the team

SMAXXA
23-01-2012, 08:29 PM
He is our most consistent player at the moment for me, so on that basis speaks volumes for the rest of the team

Yeah but consistant at what, trying, running about, doing nowt? I think its his work ethic if im honest that gets him so many plaudits from Hibs fan. Dont get me wrong I appreciate his hard work and some players could learn alot from him, but I cant help but think that he offers nothing going forward in an attacking sence and isnt overly great at protecting the back 4 either. I like him as a guy and has a good attitude but still dont think he should be in our first eleven. Squad player yeah.

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Stevenson so far then!

Spike Mandela
23-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Stevenson so far then!

Strange that people's favourite player of the season had an embarrassing comedy gold moment attempting to shoot for goal on Saturday.:rolleyes::greengrin

SMAXXA
23-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Strange that people's favourite player of the season had an embarrassing comedy gold moment attempting to shoot for goal on Saturday.:rolleyes::greengrin

Was thinking along the same line, :faf: he did make a James Hunt of it, wasnt lauging at the time mind, was gona shout from my seat in the west to let him know what I thought about it, but had to look about incase Leigh heared me :greengrin

jazzy7070
23-01-2012, 08:55 PM
wait a ****ing minute!!!!i hope to god there is not a player of the season dooo this year lol

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2012, 09:00 PM
wait a ****ing minute!!!!i hope to god there is not a player of the season dooo this year lol

I hope to god that someones inspires us between now and the end of the season and walks away with the award as a standout :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah but consistant at what, trying, running about, doing nowt? I think its his work ethic if im honest that gets him so many plaudits from Hibs fan. Dont get me wrong I appreciate his hard work and some players could learn alot from him, but I cant help but think that he offers nothing going forward in an attacking sence and isnt overly great at protecting the back 4 either. I like him as a guy and has a good attitude but still dont think he should be in our first eleven. Squad player yeah.

I dont think Lewis does nowt....For me he gets stuck in, stuck into tackles never shirks them, and he keeps things simple, don't see him make a great deal of misplaced passes......

Many others could look at his work ethic and tackles, because a number of our team are afraid to put tackles in and shirk them, Galbraith and Sproule being two of the biggest culprits for me......

matty_f
23-01-2012, 09:44 PM
I dont think Lewis does nowt....For me he gets stuck in, stuck into tackles never shirks them, and he keeps things simple, don't see him make a great deal of misplaced passes......

Many others could look at his work ethic and tackles, because a number of our team are afraid to put tackles in and shirk them, Galbraith and Sproule being two of the biggest culprits for me......
:top marks

As someone who has been of the opinion that Lewis isn't up to it for some time, I have to say that I think Lewis has been first class since Fenlon came in, and he's certainly made me rethink my opinion of him. One of the first names down on the teamsheet, IMHO, and not because the standard is low, but because he's upped his game immeasurably.

That said, I'd plump for Osbourne as player of the year ahead of him, he's been the highlight of the season for me, though if Sparky keeps playing like he has been recently then he's in with a shout an aw.

down-the-slope
23-01-2012, 10:08 PM
AS THE QUESTION WAS ....IF IT FINISHED NOW then Lewis by a mile...

Hope at the end he has had some real competition :rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
23-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Lewis Stevenson:agree:

lucky
23-01-2012, 10:18 PM
For me Lewis by a long way. His work ethic alone make him the stand out.

brydekirk
23-01-2012, 10:22 PM

Agree, but if I have to vote it would be one of the only two plaers we nave,(when they r fit) Oconner ot Ozzy.

Ultrabee1-0
23-01-2012, 10:30 PM
lewis stevenson by a mile:thumbsup:

but if martin scott was to actually get a decent run of games he would be a fabulous player for hibs:greengrin

silverhibee
23-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Tam McCourt.

zero-seven
23-01-2012, 11:11 PM
yer having a giraffe !!! only one contender THE LONG SUFFERING SUPPORTERS OF THIS CLUB..by a country mile

basehibby
24-01-2012, 12:07 AM

Hmm - kind of like being asked to judge in a beauty contest where the final three are Susan Boyle, Ann Widecomb and Heather out of Eastenders.

Noone has set the heather on fire with any consistency but Stevenson, O'Connor, Griffiths, Stack and Osbourne have all shown up at various stages - Osbourne probably shades it for showing a wee bit of quality on the most consistent basis - would like to see better from the whole lot of em!

SteveHFC
24-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Michael Hart

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2012, 01:15 AM
O'Hanlon.

Sunny1875
24-01-2012, 03:55 AM
O'Hanlon.

Is that Ardle O'Hanlon

I often hear fans(and players) saying **** when he is near the ball

Seveno
24-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Lewis Stevenson for me. Improved immensely under Fenlon - works hard, tackles hard, always there for other players to offload the ball to him and has learned to pass the fall forward again. He's the only consistent player we have in midfield and would be my first pick every week.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Zaliukas's own goal in the derby (giving us brief false hope) has to put him in with a shout for our player of the year award?

Shaggy
24-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Lewis Stevenson... tackles,covers, commits, works back into position quicker than the rest.
Not EPL but our most regular performer.

Hope it continues to work out for Leigh, and he finishes the season Player of the year,
Saturday he was by far our most hungry

Shaggy
24-01-2012, 10:28 AM
can someone no convert this to a pole??

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 10:45 AM
can someone no convert this to a pole??

Are you trying to flag this thread up ??

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Go'c

Speedway
24-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Is this for real?

Lewis Stevenson?

Ozzy is the only player of any real quality that we have and I include GO'C Wan in that assessment.

Shrekko
24-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Is this for real?

Lewis Stevenson?

Ozzy is the only player of any real quality that we have and I include GO'C Wan in that assessment.

:agree:

Griffiths starting to get there as well hopefully.

Lewis hasn't even started a lot of games as he was dropped for quite a few early in the season and of those he's started he's played maybe 4/5 where he's had any impact.

silverhibee
24-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Phil Airey.

Mikey_1875
24-01-2012, 12:46 PM

Just wondering.

agreed. He is really poor, offers absolutely nothing going forward or in defence. Osbourne, Griffiths and stack have been better imo. The only reason he must be getting any credit is because he is invisible most of the game and escapes blame for any of the calamities defensively. Not the type of player you need in a relegation fight.

silverhibee
24-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Michael Hart

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/michael_hart_sees_dunfermline_as_hibs_main_relegat ion_rivals_1_2074207

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2012, 02:37 PM
agreed. He is really poor, offers absolutely nothing going forward or in defence. Osbourne, Griffiths and stack have been better imo. The only reason he must be getting any credit is because he is invisible most of the game and escapes blame for any of the calamities defensively. Not the type of player you need in a relegation fight.

Nonsense......

Stonewall
24-01-2012, 02:46 PM

Absolute rubbish.

Mikey_1875
24-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Nonsense......

Tell me what he offers to us then, because I can't see it. Had such high hopes for him after the 2007 season but not sure at all what has happened.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Tell me what he offers to us then, because I can't see it. Had such high hopes for him after the 2007 season but not sure at all what has happened.

If you cant see it fine, we will agree to disagree.........

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2012, 03:17 PM
This is sad, Lewis Stevenson has had one terrific game and a a few where he's done ok, and thats good enough to get my vote too. :boo hoo:

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Go on yersel wee Lewis...................your outstanding contribution to the team this season has been recognised by many! :greengrin

yekimevol
24-01-2012, 06:20 PM
its been rough, but i would say, the lot have been consistently disappointing, but at times stack, ozzy and david stephens have shown some promise maybe calum booth as well in the last few games he has been brought into.

Seveno
24-01-2012, 06:20 PM
The trouble is that too many people judge Lewis by how he played over the last two seasons. They can only see what they expect to see.

Clearly PF rates him as do most fans with an open mind and an eye for a player.

Jonnyboy
24-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Lewis for me

I find it kinda sad that some posters can't or won't see what Lewis brings to our midfield. Tackles well, rarely misplaces a pass, covers for others out of position. Ironically GOC gets some votes and yet his second touch is a tackle and just about every pass he made against the St J went to one of their players. Ozzy is good but he was as bad against St J as he was good against the Pars.

Bostonhibby
24-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Lewis for me

I find it kinda sad that some posters can't or won't see what Lewis brings to our midfield. Tackles well, rarely misplaces a pass, covers for others out of position. Ironically GOC gets some votes and yet his second touch is a tackle and just about every pass he made against the St J went to one of their players. Ozzy is good but he was as bad against St J as he was good against the Pars.

:agree: especially as no one else seems to have agreed with me on De Graf, the jogging dutchman.

The problem for Lewis just now is that he is doing the sort of job that many teams that are playing well need to have done. The better players get the benefit of the contribution. He is doing it in a poor side, might seem pretty obvious to say but its a pity there's not a bit more spine/talent around him now than we currently have - remember how he did in the 2007 cup final.

Aldo
24-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Lewis for me... For his attitude/ trying to g keep his head up and trying not to hide. Ozzy will look and is a better player but Lewis deserves some plaudits and has tried to lead by example.

Hibspirational
24-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Hmm - kind of like being asked to judge in a beauty contest where the final three are Susan Boyle, Ann Widecomb and Heather out of Eastenders.

Noone has set the heather on fire with any consistency but Stevenson, O'Connor, Griffiths, Stack and Osbourne have all shown up at various stages - Osbourne probably shades it for showing a wee bit of quality on the most consistent basis - would like to see better from the whole lot of em!

Couldn't agree more!:cb

dp00
25-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Lewis for me

Can't believe he does not get more plaudits ... Does the simple stuff and rarely mis-places a pass . Just needs some creative players around him

If all the players put just 50% of the effort in that Lewis does and cared as much as he does we would not be in the mess we are in

Judas Iscariot
25-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Lewis for me

Can't believe he does not get more plaudits ... Does the simple stuff and rarely mis-places a pass . Just needs some creative players around him

If all the players put just 50% of the effort in that Lewis does and cared as much as he does we would not be in the mess we are in

I'm pretty sure we would be! The standard of the squad is just not good enough...

Are you trying to suggest that the other 10 players on the park with him arent trying?

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Lewis for me

Perhaps if all the players had wee legs, they too would look like they are giving their all. Since we got rid of Deek, who is the new player now who's not giving 100%?

Monts
25-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Iain Turner

mon the cabbage
25-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Osbourne ashame he got injured. Stevenson has been alright.

neilmartinrocks
25-01-2012, 03:44 PM
so far stevenson. but osbourne fit again is the only one ive seen who puts the same effort in.
but player of the year? this year? seriously?