PDA

View Full Version : Are Hibs doing a Torie?

Jones28
23-01-2012, 11:17 AM
What I mean by that is are Hibs cutting too fast, too quickly?

I'm mainly referring to Sodje here, who scored goals at the right time for Hibs last season and got us out of a similar situation. Would it not be better to hang on to him till the end of the season and then once an adequate replacement is brought in let him go? O'Connor is not cutting it at all at the moment, He's scored twice since the turn of the year and I'm sure it was a couple of months between goals as well.

Doyle looks great IMHO, but is by no means a presence against defenders. Same with Griffiths. O'Connor is slow and just doesn't seem to be interested, bar his performance against Dunfermline last weekend (his goal was class).

Just a thought

GreenPJ
23-01-2012, 11:23 AM
What I mean by that is are Hibs cutting too fast, too quickly?

I'm mainly referring to Sodje here, who scored goals at the right time for Hibs last season and got us out of a similar situation. Would it not be better to hang on to him till the end of the season and then once an adequate replacement is brought in let him go? O'Connor is not cutting it at all at the moment, He's scored twice since the turn of the year and I'm sure it was a couple of months between goals as well.

Doyle looks great IMHO, but is by no means a presence against defenders. Same with Griffiths. O'Connor is slow and just doesn't seem to be interested, bar his performance against Dunfermline last weekend (his goal was class).

Just a thought

Or even a Tory.

Sodje looks miles of fitness since that injury pre-season, I think he is one of these guys who really needs a longtime to get back up to full fitness without a pre-season right behind him and on that basis he is no loss. He was a handful but was also limited in ability. Personally better getting him off the wage bill if he is not going to feature due to either fitness or ability.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2012, 11:30 AM
The thread title should really have read, "Should Hibs keep Sodje".

Nothing to do with the Tories or cutting too fast, too quickly. :greengrin

allezsauzee
23-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Well Hibs also pay money to people who can't be @rsed doing a bit of graft, but i guess that could apply to the Tories and Labour in equal measure

greenlex
23-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Fenlon will know who he wants to keep and who he wants to bin. He has told the ones he wants to go to find new clubs. I would like to think he has also told the ones that are borderline that they are playing for their futures.
in Short Fenlon has built squads with bot money and no money relatively successfully so I am happy to let him get on with it.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Fenlon will know who he wants to keep and who he wants to bin. He has told the ones he wants to go to find new clubs. I would like to think he has also told the ones that are borderline that they are playing for their futures.
in Short Fenlon has built squads with bot money and no money relatively successfully so I am happy to let him get on with it.

Bot money?

Isn't that what rent boys earn?

You're not suggesting our new manager...

greenlex
23-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Bot money?

Isn't that what rent boys earn?

You're not suggesting our new manager...
:greengrin Obviously an "h" missing there.

Springbank
23-01-2012, 04:26 PM
ah Hot Money.

As in.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OkoQv9Onoc

Worth dropping this into the conversation at the next AGM :-)

GoldenMeerkat
23-01-2012, 04:27 PM
The trouble is not scoring goals, its the lack of defensive ability, hopefully McPake will bring a no nonsense approach back to the back four.

Jones28
23-01-2012, 05:27 PM
The thread title should really have read, "Should Hibs keep Sodje".

Nothing to do with the Tories or cutting too fast, too quickly. :greengrin

That's what I get for trying to make a complex comparison...some people are never satisfied...

:wink:

Hibbyradge
23-01-2012, 05:29 PM
That's what I get for trying to make a complex comparison...some people are never satisfied...

:greengrin

Eyrie
23-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Just be relieved the thread didn't get exiled to the Holy Ground :greengrin I'm surprised the Salmond one lasted as long as it did.