PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's results and the Board

The Sea-gull
23-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Has Saturday’s result really changed much or told us anything we didn’t already know?

I understand that the result coupled with Dunfermline winning has increased worries but irrespective of what happened on Saturday we would still have been in a relegation dog fight with a really bad defence. In fact if the results had been a wee bit different they may have papered over cracks and signings may not have been forth coming.

The board has two options really. 1. Leave things as they are and hope for the best. 2. Sign some players in the positions we require them. Eg a whole back 4 and two midfielders. Surely the latter is has to be done as they can’t gamble with our SPL status.

What annoys me is the arrogance that sometimes comes out of the boardroom at ER in that they have been failing to deliver for a number of years now but just seem to carry on doing it their way. I am talking about our last four or five managers (they can’t all be bitter, twisted, incompetent liars) who have left and stated that they have had player A, B or C lined up but had to sign players X, Y and Z instead.

I am assuming there have been many occasions when proven SPL quality has been willing and available to come to Hibs but because the board has not offer enough £ they have gone elsewhere. I do understand that we cannot always compete with teams down south etc but I do get the impression that the boat has never been pushed out enough times by Hibs and that, coupled with some bad decisions made by managers appointed by this board, is why we find ourselves in our current state.

JohnScott
23-01-2012, 11:55 AM
You make some good points that I'm sure many on here agree with. I think we all know the board will have no excuses should we go down. How many times can they get away blaming their own appointments? I think Rod knows he'll have to step aside if we're relegated!? I just can't believe he expects us to fight the drop with loan signings and youth players. That's why I expect him to help Pat Fenlon sign a central defender and midfielder before the end of the month. If not were screwed! Defeatist perhaps but realistic given the result at Kilmarnock.