PDA

View Full Version : How many loans is that??

grantonhibee
22-01-2012, 08:27 PM
How many more players are we gonna get on loan?? Do we not buy players now??

Good to see mcpake at the club tho

CallumLaidlaw
22-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Probably get better players on loan than ones that are willing to commit to us in the position we're currently in

The_Todd
22-01-2012, 08:30 PM
The situation we're in means we need to sign whatever we can to survive until the summer. In the summer we can then have a proper look at this squad and really rebuild. Starting with keeping Sparky permanently.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Good to see mcpake at the club tho

How many players is a club allowed on loan?

3pm
22-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't give a barbecued beef hula hoop where they come from and how long they are here as long as we are still in the SPL come the end of the season.

grantonhibee
22-01-2012, 08:35 PM
we have been building for the last 5 years?? where does it end?

the board are a joke , am no surprised people aren't going to see them they are pish total pish

a wont renew next year deffo , getting milked dry , a wanna see ambition no another loan deal

smurf
22-01-2012, 08:45 PM
I would imagine Towell is going back to Celtc...

3pm
22-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I would imagine Towell is going back to Celtc...

Nae loss. You must be murder if you can't get into out first XI.

grantonhibee
22-01-2012, 08:53 PM

well said :aok:

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Probably get better players on loan than ones that are willing to commit to us in the position we're currently in

Agreed but the worry is too many loan players towards the end of the season looking for new clubs and not wanting to get injured.

smurf
22-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Exactly. Never understood the pursuit of him. First division player...

Northernhibee
22-01-2012, 08:59 PM
a wont renew next year deffo , getting milked dry , a wanna see ambition no another loan deal

:I'm waiti

If you've not heard, many players don't want to commit to us in case they find themselves playing 1st division fitba next season.

This was probably the only way he'd commit to us - when we stay up we can look at tieing down better players on permanent deals that will add to the team.

Yogi and CC went for quantity over quality - PF is doing the exact opposite and this will see us slowlymove forward.

I'll be getting my first season ticket this year as I've now got a job where I don't work weekends - I'm looking forward to see us moving up the league again.

Gordy M
22-01-2012, 09:04 PM
How many loans do we actually have? Griffiths and Towell. Is that it? If Towell goes back and McPake signs then thats still only two. Not overly concerned with that?

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 09:05 PM
How many loans do we actually have? Griffiths and Towell. Is that it? If Towell goes back and McPake signs then thats still only two. Not overly concerned with that?

Francomb

Westie1875
22-01-2012, 09:06 PM

Francomb is also on loan

Gordy M
22-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Francomb
Ah yeh of course, doh.

givescotlandfreedom
22-01-2012, 09:12 PM

Hearts had loads "on loan" from Kaunus.

BEEJ
22-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Yogi and CC went for quantity over quality - PF is doing the exact opposite and this will see us slowlymove forward.
I see this stated so often on here - not so.

At the start of this season CC had a squad of 23 players with 4 or 5 youngsters out on loan. At the start of season 2010/11 Yogi had a squad of 30 players with 4 youngsters out on loan.

CC did not sign enough players with the required skills / attitude - but he cannot be accused of signing 'quantity'.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 09:34 PM
I wonder if the club will loan me a season ticket for the first half of next season :greengrin

Purple & Green
22-01-2012, 09:51 PM

D5.4 Subject to Rules D5.7 and D5.12, a Club (i) shall not during any part of a Season have more than four Players Registered to it on the basis of temporary transfers and of those Players not more than one shall not be an Under 21 Player and (ii) shall not at any time have more than one Player Registered to it on the basis of a temporary transfer from each other Club
D5.5 Subject to Rule D5.7 and D5.12, the maximum permitted number of temporary transfers to any Club from 1st July in any year to 30th June in the following year is five.

Northernhibee
22-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I see this stated so often on here - not so.

At the start of this season CC had a squad of 23 players with 4 or 5 youngsters out on loan. At the start of season 2010/11 Yogi had a squad of 30 players with 4 youngsters out on loan.

CC did not sign enough players with the required skills / attitude - but he cannot be accused of signing 'quantity'.

CC signed in two transfer windows:

Divis
Palsson
Vaz Te
Sodje
Towell
Scott
Thornhill
O'Hanlon
O'Connor
Sproule
Griffiths
Osbourne
Agogo

May have missed one or two.

Out of thirteen players signed within the last twelve months, six are no longer with the club, Sodje is in Belgium trying to find a new club, Scott is being linked with a loan ove to Ross County.

Quantity - and a real lack of quality.

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2012, 10:51 PM
D5.4 Subject to Rules D5.7 and D5.12, a Club (i) shall not during any part of a Season have more than four Players Registered to it on the basis of temporary transfers and of those Players not more than one shall not be an Under 21 Player and (ii) shall not at any time have more than one Player Registered to it on the basis of a temporary transfer from each other Club
D5.5 Subject to Rule D5.7 and D5.12, the maximum permitted number of temporary transfers to any Club from 1st July in any year to 30th June in the following year is five.

I have read this a few times, but it does not read well.....So we are allowed 5 loanees then......

Purple & Green
22-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I have read this a few times, but it does not read well.....So we are allowed 5 loanees then......

I thought that, but, on further investigation apparently this clause

Rules D5.4 and D5.5 shall not have the effect of imposing any limit on the number of Players a Club shall be permitted to have Registered to that Club at any time or over any period of time on the basis of a temporary transfer where such temporary transfer has required in order to take place the issue of an International Transfer Certificate in accordance with the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players and all such Players for whom such certificate was so required shall not count towards
the limits specified in Rules D5.4 and D5.5 on the numbers of Players who may be so Registered to a Club at any time or over any period of time

might actually mean we can sign as many loan players as we want as long as they are outwith Scotland.

I don't really understand what the intention of the clauses are.

Westie1875
22-01-2012, 11:03 PM

Just posted the following on the other thread, I read this as meaning that the rule on number of loans only applies to loans from other clubs in Scotland?

D5.12 Rules D5.4 and D5.5 shall not have the effect of imposing any limit on the number of Players a Club shall be permitted to have Registered to that Club at any time or over any period of time on the basis of a temporary transfer where such temporary transfer has required in order to take place the issue of an International Transfer Certificate in accordance with the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players and all such Players for whom such certificate was so required shall not count towards
the limits specified in Rules D5.4 and D5.5 on the numbers of Players who may be so Registered to a Club at any time or over any period of time.

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2012, 11:03 PM
I thought that, but, on further investigation apparently this clause

might actually mean we can sign as many loan players as we want as long as they are outwith Scotland.

I don't really understand what the intention of the clauses are.

These clauses are as clear as mud, you need to have a doctorate in Law to understand the damn things :wink:

Saorsa
22-01-2012, 11:20 PM

Good to see mcpake at the club thoI think he might have difficulty attracting any quality here on a permanent basis given our current league predicament. If he can get the quality he needs in on loan just now that can get us out of this hole, that'll do for me.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2012, 11:22 PM
I think he might have difficulty attracting any quality here on a permanent basis given our current league predicament. If he can get the quality he needs in on loan just now that can get us out of this hole, that'll do for me.

Exactly. :agree:

BEEJ
22-01-2012, 11:52 PM
CC signed in two transfer windows:

Divis
Palsson
Vaz Te
Sodje
Towell
Scott
Thornhill
O'Hanlon
O'Connor
Sproule
Griffiths
Osbourne
Agogo

May have missed one or two.

Out of thirteen players signed within the last twelve months, six are no longer with the club, Sodje is in Belgium trying to find a new club, Scott is being linked with a loan ove to Ross County.

Quantity - and a real lack of quality.
Nice try.

But that's not what is inferred by your sentence:

"Yogi and CC went for quantity over quality - PF is doing the exact opposite and this will see us slowly move forward."

If it was, how would you yet be in a position to judge just how many players PF will sign over the next two transfer windows in order to make that comparison?

CC signed many players during his tenure but shipped out far more than he brought in.

Forza Fred
23-01-2012, 07:42 AM
In an ideal world loan plyers would be kept to a minimum and players signed up with the long term view in mind.

However, when a ship is sinking and all hands are using buckets to bail out the water and keep the ship afloat, the last thing needed is to take the time to consider whether the ship needs a new coat of paint or not

Pardon the Eric Canton musing, but as someone said eralier, we need to just do what we have to, to get us through this season.

When our SPL position is secured, then we can concentrate on the future.

At the moment we really are in a crisis management situation.