PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays Highlights

Geo_1875
22-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Just caught the highlights and got a couple of comments.

How Croft only got booked for his 2 footed lunge is beyond me. He then goes on and scores their opener.

The BBC report mentioned Stephens being to blame for their second but Hanlon ducked under the ball to let it into the box.

A good winner from Sandaza but he could have been off the park if he was booked for going down too easy.

Eyrie
22-01-2012, 07:04 PM
The Croft lunge has been almost ignored on here, so I can only assume that the SPL has different rules to England.

Very surprised he stayed on.

Hibs Class
22-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Agree Hanlon was at least as much to blame for their second as Stephens was. Super goal by Booth for our second equaliser.

machibby
22-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Agree Hanlon was at least as much to blame for their second as Stephens was. Super goal by Booth for our second equaliser.

You can't see it on the clip, but I was right in line with it in the west stand and Stephens for some reason known only to him self gave Hanlon the call to leave it and then made a complete erse of it himself. I think Hanlon should have cleared the ball regardless rather than let it bounce into the box, but to be fair to him he definitely pulled out because of Stephens stupit call.

big-mo
22-01-2012, 10:19 PM
The Croft lunge has been almost ignored on here, so I can only assume that the SPL has different rules to England.

Very surprised he stayed on.

If you watched the game on Alba you would have see Croft shaking he refs hand and having a laugh with him at half-time, I guess he was thanking him for not red-carding him.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Just watched the highlights in the hope that the pish defending I witnessed yesterday could somehow be explained away.......................it couldn't, it was just as awful second time around. Brown kept the score respectable :agree:

Eyrie
22-01-2012, 10:40 PM
If you watched the game on Alba you would have see Croft shaking he refs hand and having a laugh with him at half-time, I guess he was thanking him for not red-carding him.
Despite knowing the score I still watched the game which makes me :crazy:. Noticed that too.

James70
22-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Can't believe how poor Killie were, they never play like that against us. Half their team didn't even look interested.

PeeJay
23-01-2012, 09:20 AM
You can't see it on the clip, but I was right in line with it in the west stand and Stephens for some reason known only to him self gave Hanlon the call to leave it and then made a complete erse of it himself. I think Hanlon should have cleared the ball regardless rather than let it bounce into the box, but to be fair to him he definitely pulled out because of Stephens stupit call.

You sure about that? - From my Berlin standpoint (!) it looked more like Sandoza jumped and dummied it (or misjudged his jump?), this threw Hanlon (who should have been more aware) which in turn threw Stephens who was asleep all game anyway and basically had no idea how to defend the ball anyway
... as to the call (maybe it was the Saints player who scored that called out?):greengrin

machibby
23-01-2012, 09:34 AM
You sure about that? - From my Berlin standpoint (!) it looked more like Sandoza jumped and dummied it (or misjudged his jump?), this threw Hanlon (who should have been more aware) which in turn threw Stephens who was asleep all game anyway and basically had no idea how to defend the ball anyway
... as to the call (maybe it was the Saints player who scored that called out?):greengrin

Stephens definitely gave a call to Hanlon, of course don't know what that call was, could have been 'help me!!' but he definately gave a call. To me Stephens acts like there's not a st.j player near him which is why he's so casual before Craig cuts in and pick his pocket. One thing for sure though neither showed and idea of how to defend.

hibsbollah
23-01-2012, 09:35 AM
I never noticed the lovely touch by Ozzie for the Booth goal.

Also, the move that led to the pen second goal came from a throwin. The first time a throw-in has led to a hibs goal since 1931, IIRC.

Aldo
23-01-2012, 09:41 AM

Also, the move that led to the pen second goal came from a throwin. The first time a throw-in has led to a hibs goal since 1931, IIRC.

Were you there to see that or is that 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation gossip.. ;-)

HibbyAndy
23-01-2012, 09:45 AM
God knows what we work on down at East mains cause it certainly isn't defending.

Absolute shocking.

SMAXXA
23-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Stephens definitely gave a call to Hanlon, of course don't know what that call was, could have been 'help me!!' but he definately gave a call. To me Stephens acts like there's not a st.j player near him which is why he's so casual before Craig cuts in and pick his pocket. One thing for sure though neither showed and idea of how to defend.

Well I was sitting in the West Lower right in line with the 18 yard box and TBH I didnt hear him shout anything. What these 2 daftys were doing aside, its a nightmare from start to finish, hanlon ducks / misjudges it, Stephens gets caught on it, Hart is staning right behind Stephens, I didn hear him screaming "Man on" and Hart for me also should have tucked in behind Stephens when he saw Craig coming in behind him.

Comedy of errors for me every one of those 3 were terirble for that goal.

:confused:

hibsbollah
23-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Were you there to see that or is that 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation gossip.. ;-)

Just an educated guess :greengrin

Stevie Reid
23-01-2012, 10:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEgaO9XB1c

hibsbollah
23-01-2012, 11:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEgaO9XB1c

Thats the one. Benji vs the yams 2-1 win, October 1931 :greengrin

brog
23-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I thought at the time that Stephens had called. I really don't think he had any idea that Craig was there. He waits for the ball to come to him rather than vice versa. He was already having a mare, poor header for 1st goal & no positional sense whatsoever so this finished him off!
Re throw ins, here's a couple for you, not recent but more recent than 1931!!
The first goal in a certain New Years Day game & John O'Neill v Livi in Cup semi at Hampden.