Hart
Brown
O"Hanlon
Scott
Stephens

All rubbish. undoubted

CallumLaidlaw
22-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Stephens is 20yrs old and has potential to be a good centre half. Put a good experienced centre half alongside him and he'd blossom IMO.

Don't think brown is rubbish either. He made 3 good saves yesterday to keep us in the game.

greenlex
22-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Stephens is 20yrs old and has potential to be a good centre half. Put a good experienced centre half alongside him and he'd blossom IMO.

Don't think brown is rubbish either. He made 3 good saves yesterday to keep us in the game.
They do look rubbish from the Wheatfield though.:agree:

Dinkydoo
22-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Brown made some decent saves yesterday and, for a back up keeper, isn't that bad IMO. We have had a lot worse!

Stephens is still young and like Hanlon probably needs to be playing within a defence with a real leader in it - someone to organise the back four and ensure that they stay focused (especially after we've just scored!).

Scott could be an Ok squad player too, again IMO, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left.

O'Hanlon, as a back up and within a strong defence may be better - but combined with the inexperience of Stephens and Hanlon and the incompetence of Hart, is a total nightmare.

Hart however can GTF. I'd much rather play Wotherspoon or Towell at RB.

SteveHFC
22-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Hart has played well in recent weeks!

Dinkydoo
22-01-2012, 04:44 PM

Played well?

That's a bit of an exaggeration is it not? He's played in two consecutive games without doing anything catastrophic :greengrin:

leither17
22-01-2012, 04:56 PM

im sure he was at fault for the 3rd yesterday missed a simple header im sure maybe wrong without seeing the highlights back yet

PISTOL1875
22-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Stephens has not got it. Far too laid back to play at this level.. No urgency in the slightest..

Get him out the door along with Briwn , Hart , Sproule , Galbriath.......

Reaper
22-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Hart
Brown
O"Hanlon
Scott
Stephens

All rubbish. undoubted

Disagree there mate. I think he's the same as Hanlon and Booth in that he needs a big commanding Experienced centre half to play alongside, shout at him, pull him about. We'd be watching different players in those 3 if they had that IMHO.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Hart
Brown
O"Hanlon
Scott
Stephens

All rubbish. undoubted

:agree: Not referring to the players by the way!

edwards
22-01-2012, 06:37 PM
What a difference a week makes, looks like we are back to slating the team that were heroes the week before.
I have always had my doubts about Hanlon and Stephens but have always felt they were to young at this present moment in time to play on a weekly basis.
Stephens takes to long and needs to move more quickly still feel that he is the better of the two and would keep him.
We can't possibly empty any more players until we have got some more players in, our pool is thread bear.

Duffys13
22-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Played well?

That's a bit of an exaggeration is it not? He's played in two consecutive games without doing anything catastrophic :greengrin:

I do think Hart done better yesterday than I have seen him since he signed. Just watched the second St J goal and wish I could say the same about Hanlon. I really hope we have a signing or two lined up.

Dinkydoo
22-01-2012, 08:22 PM
He wasn't the worst in our side yesterday but I just feel that he is a total liability. I'd be much happier with Towell, Spoony or Framcomb at RB.

California-Hibs
22-01-2012, 09:10 PM

Absolute nonsence, but each to their own.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 09:40 PM
He wasn't the worst in our side yesterday but I just feel that he is a total liability. I'd be much happier with Towell, Spoony or Framcomb at RB.

What do you base that on, have you seen him at RB? Spoony & Towell have been tried at RB and both have failed miserably!

1987green
22-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Stephens is honkin Hanlon is 22 cant keep on sayin hes young and will come good Galbraith is chicken hearted we are in real danger of goin down this time

IberianHibernian
22-01-2012, 09:54 PM
What do you base that on, have you seen him at RB? Spoony & Towell have been tried at RB and both have failed miserably! I seem to remember Wotherspoon being good when he was first in the team , so good that he played most games that season even when folk thought he`d get a rest after a couple of months . And Towell got good reports here when he first arrived despite a couple of mistakes that cost us goals . So neither failed miserably . Hart was a player that was mentioned here constantly as a possible good signing at a time when we had a much better team than now . He`s had injury problems but seems to have played better in recent games . Van Zanten was criticised but was a fairly solid right back too . Whittaker was criticised here for being a bad defender as was De La Cruz . Realistically we are not going to sign a better right back than any of the above , in fact Van Zanten could probably do a good job for us now ( if fit , think I read he had a bad injury ) .

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I seem to remember Wotherspoon being good when he was first in the team , so good that he played most games that season even when folk thought he`d get a rest after a couple of months . And Towell got good reports here when he first arrived despite a couple of mistakes that cost us goals . So neither failed miserably . Hart was a player that was mentioned here constantly as a possible good signing at a time when we had a much better team than now . He`s had injury problems but seems to have played better in recent games . Van Zanten was criticised but was a fairly solid right back too . Whittaker was criticised here for being a bad defender as was De La Cruz . Realistically we are not going to sign a better right back than any of the above , in fact Van Zanten could probably do a good job for us now ( if fit , think I read he had a bad injury ) .

My point was how good is Francomd at RB does anyone know. If Wotherspoon or Towell had not failed at RB we wouldn't be having this conversation they have both been tried and failed at RB hence the search goes on.

Jones28
22-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Basing that on yesterday Brown and Hart were much improved. I have a weird feeling that Hart might be improving :faint:

Stephens are both players who would benefit from having a decent, experienced player in alongside them. But seeing as there is only room for one, I would have Hanlon at LB and push Booth forward into LM, drop Sproule as he has been absolute gash.

GreenPJ
22-01-2012, 10:34 PM
The first player in a taxi should be O'Conner based on the performance of the last few weeks.

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Stephens has been a bit shaky but I'd choke on my hot dog if he was shown the revolving green door at this stage of his career.

dmc1875
22-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Stephens has the POTENTIAL to be a good centre half in a few years time.

Are we in a position to have POTENTIALLY good players at the back for the rest of the season?

...No.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Van Zanten getting positive mentions :confused::confused:
He has to be one of the worst defenders I have seen at ER he may have done well before and after Hibs however when he was at ER he was HOPELESS

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2012, 11:20 PM
wouldn't mind van zanten back, does anyone know if 75million-rated andy driver ever managed to get out of van zantens back pocket ? :agree: