PDA

View Full Version : Sparky in more bother ?

H18sry
22-01-2012, 03:55 PM
From Twitter

Jonathan Sutherland @mrjsutherland 20m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Looks like Leigh Griffiths could be in more trouble, for flicking the finger before he takes a corner. Some people don't learn. #hibs

:rolleyes: https://twitter.com/#!/ryanmcnairn/status/160800750648295424/photo/1

R'Albin
22-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh just **** off compliance officer! He would get booked in a game for doing it so why does he get banned for doing it if it isn't seen during the game? It's not like we gained an advantage from it?

Ozyhibby
22-01-2012, 04:06 PM
No point blaming the compliance officer. The lad obviously has the brain of a goldfish.

H18sry
Oh just **** off compliance officer! He would get booked in a game for doing it so why does he get banned for doing it if it isn't seen during the game? It's not like we gained an advantage from it?

He needs to ignore the fans giving him abuse and get on with the game, as he is no use to sitting in the stand :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
He really needs to channel his anger in the correct manner, this after being told by PF that any more nonsense would see him not playing.....We need Sparky in the team, not sitting in the Stand:rolleyes:

Elephant Stone
22-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Good player but obviously not the brightest. He won't be much use to us if he's going to get banned for a game every time he plays. Unbelievable stupidity, PF will quite rightly be fuming.

R'Albin
22-01-2012, 04:07 PM
He needs to ignore the fans giving him abuse and get on with the game, as he is no use to sitting in the stand :agree:

Yep.. so pointless :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
22-01-2012, 04:10 PM

This.

Griffiths is one of the few players good enough to pull us out of this mess.

He's not going to do that sitting in the stand repeatedly for similar offences.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 04:12 PM

He gets a Ban because he is a THICKO who apears incapable of self restraint. Hope that helps.

Personally if he is found guilty I would give him a the biggest fine allowed.
Once is stupid twice is very very stupid 3 times in a matter of weeks is almost unforgiveable.

Before everyone comes on and offers protection many Hibs players have taken far more abuse and not reacted I bet they wanted to but used their commen sense, something it appears Leigh is sadly lacking.

HibbyKeith
22-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Hope they look into the motherwell goal celebration while there at it aswell then, carbon copy of griffiths celebration against cowdenbeath.

hibee_girl
22-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Hope they look into the motherwell goal celebration while there at it aswell then, carbon copy of griffiths celebration against cowdenbeath.

Number of journos pointing this out on twitter also

R'Albin
22-01-2012, 04:20 PM
He gets a Ban because he is a THICKO who apears incapable of self restraint. Hope that helps.

Once is stupid twice is very very stupid 3 times in a matter of weeks is almost unforgiveable.

Before everyone comes on and offers protection many Hibs players have taken far more abuse and not reacted I bet they wanted to but used their commen sense, something it appears Leigh is sadly lacking.

I agree he is really stupid :agree: But still don't get why he gets a worse punishment because he got caught after the game... and for doing it at his own fans ?

Dinkydoo
22-01-2012, 04:23 PM
He, like some of our knob-head fans, obviously doesn't ****ing learn.

For those giving him abuse yesterday, I hope you are really pleased with yourselves. You might just have contributed to us getting relegated. Bunch of twats.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 04:23 PM
I agree he is really stupid :agree: But still don't get why he gets a worse punishment because he got caught after the game... and for doing it at his own fans ?

Iy is a daft rule but it is the rule and he is well aware of the cosequences.

As someone said earlier he has the attention span of a goldfish.

Hibs_SW
22-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Yeah he is pretty thick but does the compliance officer just follow hibs about watching griffiths!? Seems to have something new about him
Every week!!!! Becoming a joke really! Can't be the only person that does something deserving a ban!

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Or to take it even further back if fans didn't abuse him he would have no need to react.

This could result in a third ban and for me the saddest thing is that two of them would have been a reaction to his own fans in games where he scored and done really well.

Saints fans were trying to wind him up and this will happen all the time with opposition fans but it sticks in the throat when we are fighting relegation that "Hibs fans" are baiting one of our best chances of staying up.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Iy is a daft rule but it is the rule and he is well aware of the cosequences.

As someone said earlier he has the attention span of a goldfish.

Do you think its his fault he has the attention span of a goldfish?

Serious question.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 04:29 PM

For those giving him abuse yesterday, I hope you are really pleased with yourselves. You might just have contributed to us getting relegated. Bunch of twats.

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

Leigh is the real problem. If I was Fenlon I would be very very angry that this STUPID DAFT Laddie has totally ignored BOTH my warnings about his future behaviour.

If we were not in such a dire state I would suggest sending him back Wolves.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Serious question.

Yes

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Yes

Well that tells me a lot about you.

I would wager you would slag Stevie Wonder about not watching Match of the Day on a Saturday night.

greenlex
22-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Or to take it even further back if fans didn't abuse him he would have no need to react.

This could result in a third ban and for me the saddest thing is that two of them would have been a reaction to his own fans in games where he scored and done really well.

Saints fans were trying to wind him up and this will happen all the time with opposition fans but it sticks in the throat when we are fighting relegation that "Hibs fans" are baiting one of our best chances of staying up.

I thought he was getting it especially tight from The St Johnstone fans because of his Dundee connection rather than anything else to be honest.

Dinkydoo
22-01-2012, 04:42 PM

Leigh is the real problem. If I was Fenlon I would be very very angry that this STUPID DAFT Laddie has totally ignored BOTH my warnings about his future behaviour.

By the same token these STUPID DAFT "fans" know exactly how short a temper he has. After all that has happened before, if these people cannot refrain from verbally abusing one of our best players for an hour and a half then they needent bother coming back to ER - as they are obviously causing more harm than good.

AgentDaleCooper

I would wager you would slag Stevie Wonder about not watching Match of the Day on a Saturday night.

you're both sort of correct on this IMO:

it's not his 'fault' he's thick, but his actions are his own responsibility, and he can't just be let off cause he's an idiot.

on the other hand...why the hell would fans try to goad someone who's actually on form and scoring goals for us into similar reactions that he's shown in the past? why not show him support for his goals he's been scoring? this is also incredibly stupid. given his form, actually quite baffling, verging on spiteful, or masochistic.

both as stupid as each other.

truehibernian

He was excellent from start to finish yesterday scoopy and if there was a footballer on that pitch that didn't deserve to walk off that park on the losing side it was LG.

I'm old school though....I still think you should be allowed to leave the pitch and celebrate 'Dalglish style' if you score.

The thing is though, you simply cannot condone it after he has had two warnings and two bans for the same offence. It is, sadly, sheer stupidity, regardless of the stupid provocation from his own 'fans'.

Great wee player though.....I just wish we had actually bought him.

Broken Gnome
22-01-2012, 04:44 PM

Does he have some sort of attention deficit disorder?

AgentDaleCooper

intelligence/responsibility can be learned...sight can't...

AFKA5814_Hibs
I really despair. It's not right that fans give out such abuse to their own players, but I've never known anybody to react in such a way and so often. We're in a bloody mess, already handicapped by his loss for the Killie cup game now we could lose him for another match for the same offence. He really needs to grow up.

Barney McGrew
22-01-2012, 04:47 PM
He really needs to grow up.

As do the wingnuts who think it's OK to abuse their own players so much that they react in that way.

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-01-2012, 04:50 PM
As do the wingnuts who think it's OK to abuse their own players so much that they react in that way.

I agree.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 04:51 PM
you're both sort of correct on this IMO:

it's not his 'fault' he's thick, but his actions are his own responsibility, and he can't just be let off cause he's an idiot.

on the other hand...why the hell would fans try to goad someone who's actually on form and scoring goals for us into similar reactions that he's shown in the past? why not show him support for his goals he's been scoring? this is also incredibly stupid. given his form, actually quite baffling, verging on spiteful, or masochistic.

both as stupid as each other.

The point I was trying to get across to simply the best is that people cannot help having ailments.

Sparky is blessed IMO with a marvellous football talent but will never win the Nobel Prize for Literature.

People realise this but still bait him, it doesn't make sense to me.

I can see how you are saying he shouldn't react but sometimes people can't help it. I don't think for a minute he goes out on the park thinking I am going to abuse Hibs fans today.

Northernhibee
22-01-2012, 04:51 PM
If true, get him punted in the summer.

No use to us having a star player in the stands every couple of games because he has a short fuse.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 04:53 PM
intelligence/responsibility can be learned...sight can't...

I agree with sight, the others I'm sure are open to debate.

Barney McGrew
22-01-2012, 04:53 PM
No use to us having a star player in the stands every couple of games because he has a short fuse.

It's no use having fans that abuse a player with a short fuse either. Maybe it's them that should be punted?

H18sry
22-01-2012, 04:54 PM

Being on loan that is likely to happen :wink:

I'm_cabbaged
22-01-2012, 04:55 PM

Get him punted? he's not even ours. Best player playing for us just now though.

truehibernian

Franny Lee, Billy Bremner....Roy Keane, Paul Gascoigne....today Balotelli won the game......football has always had hot heads. Punt a player who loves Hibs and is scoring regularly....cannot agree. He will learn.

scoopyboy
I thought he was getting it especially tight from The St Johnstone fans because of his Dundee connection rather than anything else to be honest.

Yes, but after his recent history they were trying to get a reaction IMO.

Poor chap gets it from both sets of fans.

McD

Both are valid points, but while LG obviously has issues with restraining himself, why the **** do our own fans give him stick when:

a) they KNOW he will most likely react and then get himself in bother - do they prefer playing with 10 men and/or losing him for future matches

b) he's scored a few goals in the last few games, something we've been struggling with all season - now someone has started to do this, some of us decide to hound him??!!!

For Leigh - STOP ****ING REACTING YOU MORON!

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote of the day.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 04:59 PM
It's no use having fans that abuse a player with a short fuse either. Maybe it's them that should be punted?

Been here before :greengrin

Really, lets not put this onto the fans. There has been abuse dished out from the stands \ terraces for as long as I can remember, and whether its right or wrong, deserved or not, isn't the point here.

The point is a professional footballer - one of our best - is clearly not listening to a ****ing thing his manager is telling him, and whose stupidity may cost us his services for a game or two when we can least afford it.

It's crazy and I cannot understand why LG does it.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 05:00 PM

You are making it sound as if LG is being abused by the whole Hibs support. Keep it in context please.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2012, 05:01 PM
So the manager tells him that if he wants to play, he cannot react like this. Not really sure how this is down to anyone else. If we are saying that he is lacking mental toughness then that is a problem.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 05:08 PM
You are making it sound as if LG is being abused by the whole Hibs support. Keep it in context please.

Where the f*** did I say or even infer that it was by the whole Hibs support?

He's had it off enough Hibs fans though that he is facing a second ban!!!

Does that put it in context for you?

Dinkydoo
22-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Didd he definitely flick the middle finger up to the crowd though?

If he did then it must have been more subtle than the GIRUY gesture.

If I was PF is be quite rightly pissed off with Griffths but would be inclined to argue that players have been getting away with worse all season. Skachel gets away with winding us up in ever derby, where is his bloody ban?

Northernhibee
22-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote of the day.

Well, y'know what I mean. Dinnae splash out £60k or whatever it'd take for a player who's another hothead and will find himself in the stands half the time - we've been ridding ourselves of players who haven't got their heads in the right place and if he's so easily wound up, that's a real weakness.

The likes of Doyle impress me - get the job done, 100% effort and keeps his cool. Potential to be as much of a game changer as Sparky I reckon, just less likely to find himself sitting in the stands.

Jones28
22-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Getting abuse, from your own fans or others, is part and parcel of being a football player.

The fact that he has been reprimanded for this TWICE BEFORE means this is no-ones fault but his own.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, y'know what I mean. Dinnae splash out £60k or whatever it'd take for a player who's another hothead and will find himself in the stands half the time - we've been ridding ourselves of players who haven't got their heads in the right place and if he's so easily wound up, that's a real weakness.

The likes of Doyle impress me - get the job done, 100% effort and keeps his cool. Potential to be as much of a game changer as Sparky I reckon, just less likely to find himself sitting in the stands.

I did know TBH.

hibbiedon
22-01-2012, 05:14 PM

Now what would I rather have, a young hot head that can score goals or some knob head of a so called fan that is only there to shout abuse at a player. no contest wish they would piss off to tynecastle where they would be at home

DaveF
22-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Where the f*** did I say or even infer that it was by the whole Hibs support?

He's had it off enough Hibs fans though that he is facing a second ban!!!

Does that put it in context for you?

You said "Poor chap gets it from both sets of fans". How many is a set of fans?

To your question, then no it doesn't put it in context at all.

Tell me - Exactly what level of abuse did LG receive to make that initial gesture to the Hibs fans at Cowdenbeath? He seems to have begun a war with the fans - or at least a section of them - which is doing no-one who has Hibs best interests any good at all.

Barney McGrew
22-01-2012, 05:19 PM

Really, lets not put this onto the fans. There has been abuse dished out from the stands \ terraces for as long as I can remember, and whether its right or wrong, deserved or not, isn't the point here.

The point is a professional footballer - one of our best - is clearly not listening to a ****ing thing his manager is telling him, and whose stupidity may cost us his services for a game or two when we can least afford it.

It kind of is Dave, if these people were not venting their spleens at him, then it wouldn't even be up for discussion as Leigh wouldn't have anything to react to.

While I agree that abuse has/is part of the game, I can't remember it being as viscous and personal as it has been recently. There's a big difference from the odd shout of frustration when someone makes a mistake to the constant volley that is heard at pretty much every home match.

HibbyAndy
22-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Read in the paper yesterday Motherwell's Michael Higdon has been a target for the boo boys so when i saw MH score in injury time yesterday to grab Motherwell a late late eqauliser he gave the GIRUY sign with his fist to the main stand, So will any action be taken against him?...For the record im not excusing LG actions but he seems to get highlighted a helluva lot more than any other player that gives the GIRUY sign.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 05:23 PM
It kind of is Dave, if these people were not venting their spleens at him, then it wouldn't even be up for discussion as Leigh wouldn't have anything to react to.

While I agree that abuse has/is part of the game, I can't remember it being as viscous and personal as it has been recently. There's a big difference from the odd shout of frustration when someone makes a mistake to the constant volley that is heard at pretty much every home match.

Are you not making a pretty big assumption that all the abuse (and clearly neither you are I hear even a fraction of it) is vicious and personal?

I don't know what the fan in the FF said, but after 2 or 3 poor corners, it might have been something like "Try getting this ****ing corner past the first man" which got the finger as a response. It might not have been, of course but given the last 3 weeks Griffiths really has no defence does he?

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 05:24 PM
You said "Poor chap gets it from both sets of fans". How many is a set of fans?

To your question, then no it doesn't put it in context at all.

Tell me - Exactly what level of abuse did LG receive to make that initial gesture to the Hibs fans at Cowdenbeath? He seems to have begun a war with the fans - or at least a section of them - which is doing no-one who has Hibs best interests any good at all.

There are two sets of fans IMO, home fans and away fans. It is irrespective how many fans make up a set as the consequences are basically the same, eg if one Hibs fan invades the pitch then the club will suffer a penalty, the same as if two fans go on. Or more relevant if Sparky reacts to one fan or a group of 100 fans he will still pick up a ban.

I was at Cowdenbeath but have no idea what level of abuse he received, certainly none near me.

He has not started a war with Hibs fans, a section of Hibs fans has started a war with him. He has responded but didn't start it.

Regarding the last bit I agree 100% - it is doing Hibs no good whatsoever.

Barney McGrew
22-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Are you not making a pretty big assumption that all the abuse (and clearly neither you are I hear even a fraction of it) is vicious and personal?

I'm not talking specifically about what may or may not have been said to LG yesterday at that point, but the general abuse that is dished out from Hibs 'fans' week in week out.

We've all heard it, and IMO it's been getting pretty grim.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 05:31 PM
There are two sets of fans IMO, home fans and away fans. It is irrespective how many fans make up a set as the consequences are basically the same, eg if one Hibs fan invades the pitch then the club will suffer a penalty, the same as if two fans go on. Or more relevant if Sparky reacts to one fan or a group of 100 fans he will still pick up a ban.

I was at Cowdenbeath but have no idea what level of abuse he received, certainly none near me.

He has not started a war with Hibs fans, a section of Hibs fans has started a war with him. He has responded but didn't start it.

Regarding the last bit I agree 100% - it is doing Hibs no good whatsoever.

So because he might have heard a shout at Cowdenbeath he didn't like, that was the trigger for the initial GIRUY and its the fans fault?

Think we'll agree to disagree on that one.

Greentinted
22-01-2012, 05:35 PM
No like the media to stir up a stooshie and get the collective mooths slaverin rabidly. Hopefully Sportscene will do their usual and show it from every conceivable angle and we will all be able to make a judicious assessment of the alleged infraction.

I'll repeat here what I said last night after viewing it without prejudice for the third time:

Seen LGs gesture 3 times now and while the supersensitive may deem it the 'bird', its accompanied by no aggressive body language or twisted facial expression and could easily be argued that it was merely a coded tactical signal to his team mates. Nothing at all like his 'previous'.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm not talking specifically about what may or may not have been said to LG yesterday at that point, but the general abuse that is dished out from Hibs 'fans' week in week out.

We've all heard it, and IMO it's been getting pretty grim.

I'll bail out here I think, as we are clearly coming at this from different angles. Every club has dafties in their support, but the idea that our dafties are solely responsible for damaging the club, making the players gesture and taking us towards relegation is ridiculous.

I totally agree that some of the abuse will be out of order, however the twisting of the argument does not sit well with me.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 05:38 PM

Dave, sorry for gatecrashing the conversation between you and another poster but I feel it is relevant.

It is crazy but I'm convinced it is an involuntary reaction, ie not even Leigh understands it.

Earlier in the thread I made a reference to Stevie Wonder and blindness which was maybe was not as relevant a scenario as I was looking for.

Maybe a better comparison would be, would anyone blame anyone suffering from Tourette's for swearing?

Sylar
22-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Shocker - not as if he's been punted from the club for his behavioural problems in the past.

He has talent, but the void between his ears will ensure it remains a career unfulfilled.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 05:40 PM
So because he might have heard a shout at Cowdenbeath he didn't like, that was the trigger for the initial GIRUY and its the fans fault?

So you are saying if he hadn't received abuse from a Hibs fan he still would have given a GIRUY.

Can't agree with that at all.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 05:44 PM
So you are saying if he hadn't received abuse from a Hibs fan he still would have given a GIRUY.

Can't agree with that at all.

Of course not.

My argument all along has been his reaction to whatever he hears. Hundreds of players hear all sorts of crap in their careers, but not too many reply the way he did. And even fewer repeat it so soon afterwards.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Dave, sorry for gatecrashing the conversation between you and another poster but I feel it is relevant.

It is crazy but I'm convinced it is an involuntary reaction, ie not even Leigh understands it.

Earlier in the thread I made a reference to Stevie Wonder and blindness which was maybe was not as relevant a scenario as I was looking for.

Maybe a better comparison would be, would anyone blame anyone suffering from Tourette's for swearing?

If there are underlying reasons for this which me and plenty others are not aware of them they are most certainly relevant. If that was the case then surely the club would be aware?

Barney McGrew
22-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I'll bail out here I think, as we are clearly coming at this from different angles. Every club has dafties in their support, but the idea that our dafties are solely responsible for damaging the club, making the players gesture and taking us towards relegation is ridiculous.

I totally agree that some of the abuse will be out of order, however the twisting of the argument does not sit well with me.

I'm certainly not suggesting that Leigh is blameless, and you're right that he's daft for reacting to it.

The fans that are dishing it out are just as much to blame though - that's not twisting the argument, it's just a statement of fact. If they didn't shout it, he wouldn't have anything to react to and we wouldn't have this situation.

And BTW, it's still not even clear that he actually did anything wrong yesterday yet.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 05:50 PM
If there are underlying reasons for this which me and plenty others are not aware of them they are most certainly relevant. If that was the case then surely the club would be aware?

Dave, I would be lying if I said i knew 100% that this is the case.

Plenty of people at the club know him really well and know a lot of background information about him.

Reaper

:top marks

HFC 0-7

Not defending the actions of the minority of fans that gave him abuse, but poor chap? He is getting paid thousands of pounds per week to play for hibs. i wouldnt care if all the opposition fans gave me it tight and a few of my fans had a go at me if I got to do what he does. If he ever wants to be a star in the EPL and has a fuse like he has he will struggle. The opposition fans will know he reacts and will taunt him all day.

He knows the rules, he has been told not to do it and I am sure his manager will be raging. In certain jobs you have to endure certain pressures, in football, this is one of them.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm certainly not suggesting that Leigh is blameless, and you're right that he's daft for reacting to it.

The fans that are dishing it out are just as much to blame though - that's not twisting the argument, it's just a statement of fact. If they didn't shout it, he wouldn't have anything to react to and we wouldn't have this situation.

And BTW, it's still not even clear that he actually did anything wrong yesterday yet.

I hope nothing comes of it. Griffiths is the one shining light we have right now and for all our sakes he needs to be out there scoring goals and getting us to safety.

Barney McGrew
22-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I hope nothing comes of it. Griffiths is the one shining light we have right now and for all our sakes he needs to be out there scoring goals and getting us to safety.

I think we can both agree on that :wink:

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Not defending the actions of the minority of fans that gave him abuse, but poor chap? He is getting paid thousands of pounds per week to play for hibs. i wouldnt care if all the opposition fans gave me it tight and a few of my fans had a go at me if I got to do what he does. If he ever wants to be a star in the EPL and has a fuse like he has he will struggle. The opposition fans will know he reacts and will taunt him all day.

He knows the rules, he has been told not to do it and I am sure his manager will be raging. In certain jobs you have to endure certain pressures, in football, this is one of them.

I wasn't meaning poor as in financially poor.

And as a BTW he isn't getting paid thousands of pounds per week to play for Hibs, who on earth told you that?

fatbloke
22-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Serious question.

Ask some of his lady:wink: friends:greengrin

HFC 0-7
22-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I wasn't meaning poor as in financially poor.

And as a BTW he isn't getting paid thousands of pounds per week to play for Hibs, who on earth told you that?

he was on thousands of pounds at wolves, or does the money he gets from them not count? I know you didnt mean poor as in financially, I was saying that for the money he gets and the lifestyle he is probably able to lead then a couple of people shouting abuse at him when he does something wrong isnt really that bad is it, especially when thousands cheer for him when he scores.

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2012, 06:05 PM
So let me get this thread right.

If GO'C gives a big, GIRUY to opposing fans it's cool.

If Riordan gives a big GIRFUY to opposing fans it's ok.

When Ian Murray shaves his head marking the 7-0 derby win and gives a big GIRFUY it's superb.

But Lee does it, it's not?

weonlywon6-2
22-01-2012, 06:10 PM
From Twitter

Jonathan Sutherland @mrjsutherland 20m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Looks like Leigh Griffiths could be in more trouble, for flicking the finger before he takes a corner. Some people don't learn. #hibs

:rolleyes: https://twitter.com/#!/ryanmcnairn/status/160800750648295424/photo/1

hmmm, trial by twitter. the sooner this site disappears the better.

maybe fans should get of Griffiths back,he works his socks off for the team.

granted,he shouldnt have done this again but in all fairness its a lot of keek:cb

500miles
22-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Is Scoopy suggesting that Sparky is the Susan Boyle of Scottish football? And i don't just mean fugly.

greenlex
22-01-2012, 06:17 PM
So let me get this thread right.

If GO'C gives a big, GIRUY to opposing fans it's cool.

If Riordan gives a big GIRFUY to opposing fans it's ok.

When Ian Murray shaves his head marking the 7-0 derby win and gives a big GIRFUY it's superb.

But Lee does it, it's not?
Not when he has served two seperate bans for it only a matter of weeks ago. Not when his manager has made it clear he wont be playing if he cant behave himself. Surely you can see how stupid he has been?

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 06:17 PM
he was on thousands of pounds at wolves, or does the money he gets from them not count? I know you didnt mean poor as in financially, I was saying that for the money he gets and the lifestyle he is probably able to lead then a couple of people shouting abuse at him when he does something wrong isnt really that bad is it, especially when thousands cheer for him when he scores.

My understanding is Hibs are picking up a percentage of Leigh's Wolves wages.

Leigh isn't getting what I would class as a genuine Premiership's players salary, more of a reserve or youth player. Wolves paid £150,000 and you don't have to pay a player a king's ransom at that level to get him to sign.

He only gets a fraction of what Steven Fletcher or even Christophe Berra earns.

I agree that thousands more cheer him than abuse him, but it's the few that are causing the issue with him.

I just wish people would stop it, cos if they don't I think it could be a recurring situation.

Nuitdelune
22-01-2012, 06:25 PM

Leigh isn't getting what I would class as a genuine Premiership's players salary, more of a reserve or youth player. Wolves paid £150,000 and you don't have to pay a player a king's ransom at that level to get him to sign.

I agree that thousands more cheer him than abuse him, but it's the few that are causing the issue with him.

I just wish people would stop it, cos if they don't I think it could be a recurring situation.

I don't know how you put the last sentence in bold but that is exactly it--why the hell do our own supporters goad our own players and potentially get them banned--crazy, and don't get on my back about they get well paid, they should control themselves etc etc, that is not reality and easy to say from behind your computers

silverhibee
22-01-2012, 06:43 PM
If your looking in on this thread Sparky, here is a wee idea to the Hibs fans that abuse you, dont be silly and make silly gestures back to them, offer them your strip and boots and and offer them the chance to take your place on the park, that will shut them up pronto, they couldn't lace your boots wee man but think because they have paid there £20 they are the best player in the world and could do better than you.

Screw the nut score goals and shut the bams up is the best way. :aok:

22-01-2012, 07:14 PM

:agree:

H18sry
22-01-2012, 07:14 PM
If your looking in on this thread Sparky, here is a wee idea to the Hibs fans that abuse you, dont be silly and make silly gestures back to them, offer them your strip and boots and and offer them the chance to take your place on the park, that will shut them up pronto, they couldn't lace your boots wee man but think because they have paid there £20 they are the best player in the world and could do better than you.

:top marks

matty_f
22-01-2012, 07:17 PM
When Alan McGregor gets the treatment from the Hibs fans the Rangers support sing a song supporting him. When the Saints fans gave Sparky the treatment some Hibs fans joined them.

Only once he'd scored the penalty did the crowd sing his name. He needs to learn not to react but I reckon I'd be pissed off at that situation as well.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 07:19 PM

Good post Silv and I hope folk take heed.

Thing is four goals in his last three games isn't shutting the bams up.

matty_f
22-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Good post Silv and I hope folk take heed.

Thing is four goals in his last three games isn't shutting the bams up.
It's insane, eh? At first I wasn't convinced by Sparky but I think he's really looking the part now. Been one of our best players the last few weeks and was motm for me yesterday yet he's still got morons on his case.

It's f****** unbelievable.

HFC 0-7
22-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Completely agree with the part in bold, but sadly its just what happens these days. there is nothing that will change that and it does happen at other grounds, perhaps not as much as at ER but the current predicament hibs find themselves in will be a factor. As I said, its just what happens, there are small pockets of idiots everywhere and in various sports, the players just need to suck it up.

HH81
22-01-2012, 07:26 PM
No good sticking up for him, no matter what was said Sparky has been stupid again and if a ban appears should be fine the top amount.

He should have taken the bloody corner and got on with the game. Is he stupid? :confused:

BEEJ
22-01-2012, 07:30 PM
No like the media to stir up a stooshie and get the collective mooths slaverin rabidly. Hopefully Sportscene will do their usual and show it from every conceivable angle and we will all be able to make a judicious assessment of the alleged infraction.

I'll repeat here what I said last night after viewing it without prejudice for the third time:

Seen LGs gesture 3 times now and while the supersensitive may deem it the 'bird', its accompanied by no aggressive body language or twisted facial expression and could easily be argued that it was merely a coded tactical signal to his team mates. Nothing at all like his 'previous'.
:agree: Nae doubt they will. It will earn more air time than any of the other discussion points from the game.

How do you know it was a solitary shout?

It's f****** unbelievable.
:agree: Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this thread.

scoopyboy
22-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Completely agree with the part in bold, but sadly its just what happens these days. there is nothing that will change that and it does happen at other grounds, perhaps not as much as at ER but the current predicament hibs find themselves in will be a factor. As I said, its just what happens, there are small pockets of idiots everywhere and in various sports, the players just need to suck it up.

I agree with your post in full.

I just feel Leigh is a wee bit different from the norm and although no player is exempt from criticism I would rather we as a unit would stop this abuse of our own.

Looking at the bigger picture, we are all agreed that it is hard to get players into the club just now.

It will be a damn sight harder if a potential target picks up a paper and reads about a Hibs fanatic playing for the club picking up a second ban for reacting to abuse from his own fans. I would imagine a player just might say that settles it I'm not going there.

Golden Bear
22-01-2012, 07:35 PM
If it solely involves interaction between hibs players and hibs supporters then the matter should be handed internally and have nowt to do with the compliance officer or anyone else.

The_Todd
22-01-2012, 07:40 PM
He really needs to learn to not react, but where to some so-called fans get off abusing one of our best players? If it wasn't for Leigh that squad would look so much more depressing than it already does. I just don't get it?

Golden Bear
22-01-2012, 07:44 PM
He really needs to learn to not react, but where to some so-called fans get off abusing one of our best players? If it wasn't for Leigh that squad would look so much more depressing than it already does. I just don't get it?

Totally agree. It's some of the so called supporters that need to be disciplined!

Holmesdale Hibs
22-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Both Leigh and the supporter need to have a look at themselves. Stupidity on Leigh's part but supporters like that piss everyone off so I have a small amount of sympathy with him. A better way would be to score and run up and celebrate on front of the guy. The supporter can GTF - guys like that are an embarrassment to the club and to themselves. The guy in question clearly knows **** all about football seeing as Leight has probably been our best player recently.

staunchhibby
22-01-2012, 07:48 PM
The so called fans dishing out the abuse to Sparky obviously dont have the brains to realise what it will cost the team if he gets banned for there stupidity.

HFC 0-7
22-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I agree with your post in full.

I just feel Leigh is a wee bit different from the norm and although no player is exempt from criticism I would rather we as a unit would stop this abuse of our own.

Looking at the bigger picture, we are all agreed that it is hard to get players into the club just now.

It will be a damn sight harder if a potential target picks up a paper and reads about a Hibs fanatic playing for the club picking up a second ban for reacting to abuse from his own fans. I would imagine a player just might say that settles it I'm not going there.

Re the bit in bold, I am not sure if you are thinking the same, but IMO, because he came from an EPL club, people thought that he would score for fun and wouldnt make any mistakes. I must admit I think I was in that boat slightly and did expect more from him when he came in. There are worse players in the team than griffiths by a long way but the group of fans that shout abuse almost accept they are mince and let them away with it and only target players they feel are under performing. Sproule came back with fans having high expectation and that hasnt worked out and he is another that has been getting abuse from the stands.

BEEJ
22-01-2012, 07:56 PM
The so called fans dishing out the abuse to Sparky obviously dont have the brains to realise what it will cost the team if he gets banned for there stupidity.
Far more important to that mentality is the sense of celebrity it gets when it can look at all the fuss about the incident and the subsequent fall-out and know that it started it through its obnoxious behaviour.

And such will be the personal buzz, that it will no doubt do it again.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Re the bit in bold, I am not sure if you are thinking the same, but IMO, because he came from an EPL club, people thought that he would score for fun and wouldnt make any mistakes. I must admit I think I was in that boat slightly and did expect more from him when he came in. There are worse players in the team than griffiths by a long way but the group of fans that shout abuse almost accept they are mince and let them away with it and only target players they feel are under performing. Sproule came back with fans having high expectation and that hasnt worked out and he is another that has been getting abuse from the stands.

He came from Dundee he has never played in the EPL

HFC 0-7
22-01-2012, 08:01 PM
He came from Dundee he has never played in the EPL

read it again, I said he came from an EPL club.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 08:13 PM
read it again, I said he came from an EPL club.

"because he came from an EPL club, people thought that he would score for fun and wouldnt make any mistakes."

Why would anybody think that he would score for fun and never make mistakes? He had never played in the EPL he was an ex-Dundee player. :confused::confused::confused:

DaveF
22-01-2012, 09:12 PM
How do you know it was a solitary shout?

Do you know it wasn't?

Like you I have no idea what he heard to make him do it so its all speculation on our part. The only person with the answers is Griffiths.

And like you, I'm a bit bored with whole subject. I wish all parties concerned would shut up.

PaulSmith
22-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I presume Michael Higden will get a two match ban after using the same gesture as Griffiths at Cowdenbeath

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Good to see BBC highlight the gesture of Leigh :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PaulSmith
22-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Seen seen the Griffiths item, another auto 2 game ban plus another one/two games. Cheers to firstly the absolute erse hole of a 'supporter' that might be the root cause of us losing a player who is scoring vital goals right now and LG, have a word mate and grow up.

Northernhibee
22-01-2012, 10:29 PM
FFS Sparky, learn to be the bigger man.

Got a feeling he'll be banned for a few games this time round, we really can't have our best player suspended so often for the exact same thing.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2012, 10:52 PM

I thought that too, however "Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures" is a red card offence and if the referee had seen him making that gesture then he would have had to send him off.

Whilst I totally agree that the fan was completely misguided in venting his anger at Griffiths yesterday as he played quite well, for him to do pretty much the same thing three times in the space of about eight weeks beggars belief, especially after he was publicly warned by Fenlon after the last time that he must not do it again.

I'm reading here about people saying that the onus should be on the fans not to shout abuse at the players. Personally I think Griffiths has to be bigger than that, particularly now that his card has been marked as far as these gestures is concerned.

If we're going to remain in the SPL this season, we're going to need Leigh Griffiths to be fit and available for pretty much every game between now and May and he's going to be absolutely no use if he's sitting in the stand.

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Abuse to our own players shouldn't happen, however this incident is petulant and unnecessary, coming only a fortnight after the incident at Cowdenbeath, LG really needs to wisen up, not get involved with the crowd, and concentrate on his football....Thought he was brilliant yesterday and don't want to see him further suspended for petulant displays to the crowd....

Rise above it Leigh, and let your boots do the talking.....Ignore any baters, who know nothing about the game

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Griffiths cant keep doing this, he needs to screw the nut. As far as i can see, some Hibs fans at the minute are the worst i can remember, and the abuse is the worst too. Its not going to stop imo, and Griffiths has to ignore them.

If he continues to react like he is, he wont last at our club long. I agree nobody should be abusing him, but ultimately its down to him, and so far he's failing. Which is a shame, as he's playing well and scoring regularly now.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Maybe he has some form of Tourettes :confused::confused::confused:

Sir David Gray
22-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Maybe he has some form of Tourettes :confused::confused::confused:

If that was the case, I'd have thought that this would have been the basis of Hibs' appeal after the first incident against Rangers and he would have been let off on medical grounds. :dunno:

basehibby
22-01-2012, 11:53 PM
By the same token these STUPID DAFT "fans" know exactly how short a temper he has. After all that has happened before, if these people cannot refrain from verbally abusing one of our best players for an hour and a half then they needent bother coming back to ER - as they are obviously causing more harm than good.

:agree: Not to take away from Leighs own foolishness, the idiocy of the elements of our own support winding him up is reprehensible. This whole episode certainly exposes the sham of the argument that booing and barracking your own team has no negative effect.

Pete
23-01-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm trying to put myself in Leigh's shoes.

He's probably a top end championship player in all honesty and better than we can really afford. He's here on loan and gets dogs abuse from "small teams" who have issues with because he has bettered himself. For those reasons alone the last thing I would really expect if I were Leigh would be abuse from my own fans...especially if I'd performed the way I had and scored the goals I had.
Marry all that with the fact that he is obviously a passionate guy who seems to be extremely sensitive...and if this is the personality trait that is causing the problem the there's only one thing that needs to happen.

The fans booing him and upsetting him can GTF!

Steve-O
23-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Griffiths is a nugget.

Forza Fred
23-01-2012, 12:52 AM
In the somewhat harsh and unforgiving world of professional football, it really does beggar belief that a SPL player, having been hauled over the coals for his behaviour TWICE in a few weeks, publicly warnesd about a particular action, by his manager, then goes and does the very same thing, a week or so later.

Serous questions need to be asked about the temperament of such a player and indeed, whether he is really suited to the rigours of the professional game.

Let's focus on the player, and not an anonymous fan, or group of fnas who allegedly shout abuse....this will happen no matter what we say and players just have to accept it as an occupational hazard.

I shouted abuse non stop at opposition players in my younger days, in a an attempt to put them off their game, andI have to say, that when one did take the bait, I thought tmuch less of hiim as a professional.

I had a conversation once with a former Australian Socceroo manager, and in regard to fans abuse he todl me he used to tell his players..."Don't worry about what the supporters in the terracings shout at you..because if you do you'll end up standing beside them, next week discussing it with them""

I think Leigh needs to heed this advice if he wants to continue in the game at a fairly high level - which he is more than capable of doing, if he screws the nut.

Hoewever, I do now doubt that he has the necessary intellectual capacity, to come to terms with this.

Pete
23-01-2012, 01:31 AM
I don't understand why people are automatically assuming Leigh is thick or lacking in intelligence.

The young Eric Cantona and Paulo Di Canio regularly got sent off for "crimes of passion" on the pitch. Can you really tell me that these men have low IQ's and are stupid even though they act spontaneously and with their hearts to this day.

It's obvious to me what Leigh is all about. He's a class act and for all anyone knows a mensa membership might be a possibility....but that's nothing whatsoever to do with how he behaves on the park.

Leigh Griffiths:not worth

Forza Fred
23-01-2012, 01:40 AM
I don't understand why people are automatically assuming Leigh is thick or lacking in intelligence.

Leigh Griffiths:not worth

because of his actions perhaps?

Ultrabee1-0
23-01-2012, 01:42 AM
anyone else know of this? cause a never knew till now?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/01/15/revealed-love-rat-footballer-leigh-griffiths-has-a-secret-daughter-born-11-days-after-his-son-86908-23700616/

poor poor leigh!

anyway if a was a life long hiby and had fans from the stands shouting abuse at me a wouldnt be the happiest after he played his heart out the last 4 games! his actions are not right he is a profesional and should rise above this situation but leave the boy alone and let him bang the goals in for the famous green and white.

:pfgwa:flag:

Pete
23-01-2012, 01:50 AM
because of his actions perhaps?

Do you look at his actions and put it all down to a lack of intelligence?

Dropkick Murphy
23-01-2012, 02:02 AM
I can't understand why Leigh is being defended so much here.

He is not the only Hibs player to receive abuse from his own fans. There are players that play along side him every weak that receive worse abuse; Hart, Sproule etc, and these guys don't find it necessary to give their own fans the finger. Colin Nish, a lifelong Hibee, was booed of the park at Easter Road, and even then he didn't return the abuse.

Griffiths has quality, but the man is an idiot. If he can't accept a fan shouting at him for consistently not managing to beat the first man at a corner then he should find another job, if you are a professional footballer you should be able to deal with it. If he gets another ban it's his own fault.

Forza Fred
23-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Do you look at his actions and put it all down to a lack of intelligence?

After the repeated, and publc warnings he has been given NOT to do such a thing, but does it (again) within days of a supposed serious conversation with his manager about the very subject, then I have to be honest and say, much as I admire him at times on the park, then Yes, it is difficult to put it down to much else.

IE, if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably IS a duck.

Pete
23-01-2012, 02:14 AM
After the repeated, and publc warnings he has been given NOT to do such a thing, but does it (again) within days of a supposed serious conversation with his manager about the very subject, then I have to be honest and say, much as I admire him at times on the park, then Yes, it is difficult to put it down to much else.

IE, if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably IS a duck.

I think you're being extremely harsh not to put some of it down to his passionate nature and sensitivity. To simply brand him as thick is unfair.

You could easily teach an idiot not to react to provocation in a run of the mill job....but it takes something special to do what Leigh does.

...and I feel sorry for your ducks. What chance do they have?:greengrin

Forza Fred
23-01-2012, 02:19 AM
I think you're being extremely harsh not to put some of it down to his passionate nature and sensitivity. To simply brand him as thick is unfair.

You could easily teach an idiot not to react to provocation in a run of the mill job....but it takes something special to do what Leigh does.

...and I feel sorry for your ducks. What chance do they have?:greengrin

The ducks are truly quacked.

However, if leigh is as sensitive as you suggest, then he may wish to consider a career in a less stressul envoronment - last time I was there fitba stadiums and the fans therein , were not, I noticed, renowned for, nor displayed much sensitivity.

He either has to come to terms with that fact, no matter how unpalatable it me be to him, or accept the consequences.

Pete
23-01-2012, 03:32 AM
The ducks are truly quacked.

However, if leigh is as sensitive as you suggest, then he may wish to consider a career in a less stressul envoronment - last time I was there fitba stadiums and the fans therein , were not, I noticed, renowned for, nor displayed much sensitivity.

He either has to come to terms with that fact, no matter how unpalatable it me be to him, or accept the consequences.

He seems to cope well enough with the dogs abuse he gets from the away fans, apart from the one occasion.

The home stands at Easter Road shouldn't an intimidating or stressful area for our own players. It definitely shouldn't be one for someone like Leigh who is the best finisher we have.
People are sometimes late developers and maybe he is quite immature but that's different from being mentally challenged.

I think your socceroo manager was meaning opposition fans. He obviously hasn't been to a Hibs game recently.

Forza Fred
23-01-2012, 05:57 AM
He seems to cope well enough with the dogs abuse he gets from the away fans, apart from the one occasion.

The home stands at Easter Road shouldn't an intimidating or stressful area for our own players. It definitely shouldn't be one for someone like Leigh who is the best finisher we have.
People are sometimes late developers and maybe he is quite immature but that's different from being mentally challenged.

I think your socceroo manager was meaning opposition fans. He obviously hasn't been to a Hibs game recently.

Be nice if all the home fans were always full of love and affection for our players, but I guess my point is that is just not going to happen..amywhere..not just at Easter Road...just ask Steve Kean for example..so while we can say it "shouldnt"'happen, it will, and players need ot accept it and get on with it..

What shouldn;t happen is a professional football player continually, and his track record supports this..putting his side at risk by making gestures to supporters of any club, which has/could result in suspension.

It achieves the total sum of three partsw of SFA!.

Quite simply, as I said he needs to quickly come to terms with the fact that a hazard of his chosen profession is that he will sometimes be subject to a degree of abuse from spectators.

Your support of leigh is admirable, but the reason he continues to react in the way he does is not the issue..the issue surely is that he DOES react, and he needs to stop doing so.

That M'Lud is the straightforward case for the defence.

As for your comments about the former Socceroo manager

(a) he was indeed talking about the home support and

(b) he's deid so yes he hasnt been to many Hbs games recently...but he was a Hibs supporter as a youth and did figure in quite an important HIbs game in the past...

Pete
23-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Be nice if all the home fans were always full of love and affection for our players, but I guess my point is that is just not going to happen..amywhere..not just at Easter Road...just ask Steve Kean for example..so while we can say it "shouldnt"'happen, it will, and players need ot accept it and get on with it..

What shouldn;t happen is a professional football player continually, and his track record supports this..putting his side at risk by making gestures to supporters of any club, which has/could result in suspension.

It achieves the total sum of three partsw of SFA!.

Quite simply, as I said he needs to quickly come to terms with the fact that a hazard of his chosen profession is that he will sometimes be subject to a degree of abuse from spectators.

Your support of leigh is admirable, but the reason he continues to react in the way he does is not the issue..the issue surely is that he DOES react, and he needs to stop doing so.

That M'Lud is the straightforward case for the defence.

As for your comments about the former Socceroo manager

(a) he was indeed talking about the home support and

(b) he's deid so yes he hasnt been to many Hbs games recently...but he was a Hibs supporter as a youth and did figure in quite an important HIbs game in the past...

Ok we'll agree to disagree but who was the manager?

Not arguing, just interested.

Forza Fred
23-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Ok we'll agree to disagree but who was the manager?

Not arguing, just interested.

Eddie Thomson

JimBHibees
23-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Absolutely unbelieveable that he does this again. Complete stupidity. You can be sure of one thing though he will be banned as we are playing Rangers at the weekend and this wont be allowed to be ignored. Wow great forward line we will have Saturday with GOC and Sparky banned.

SMAXXA
23-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Guys an absalute idiot, when will he grow up and learn he cant do this. Its more sickenening thats is coinciding with him playing so well, I think hes probably been our best player the last few games. So frustrating, I suspect he will get another ban, choobe!!!!!

bingo70
23-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Guys an absalute idiot, when will h grow up and learn he cant do this. Its more sickenening thats is coinciding with him playing so well, I think hes probably bene or best player the last few games. So frustrating, I suspect he will get another ban, choobe!!!!!

Totally agree, I've no interest in hearing how it's the fans fault either.

I didn't agree with that argument the first time it happened so for it to now happen 3 times is totally inexcusable IMO, as a professional footballer he just needs to learn to deal with any treatment he gets from the crowd.

I wasn't there on saturday but i don't even think he gets that much stick, if anything when he does make a mistake it's normally someone else that gets the blame as he's been a favorite.

Boy just seems like an erse, if this young boy Murphy thats on trial is any good i'd consider bumping Griffiths back to Wolves as he's clearly no going to learn and he's doing nothing to improve relations between the fans and the club

happiehibbie
23-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Its no secret I sit in the FF and I can tell you i know excactly what happened as it was in the section i sit in that the comment came from,

Quote " Come on Griffiths get a decent corner in FFS get it past the first man" at this point he turned his head and said " F OFF " this is when more fans got upset including me! several shouts went up saying "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc " then only then did he flip the finger. there was no personal abuse lack off support just a general shout about the corner. I was raging at him for reacting.

We are the fans we will be there long after he has gone he cannot give the fans any signs etc I am so dissapointed because the fans are getting the blame here they did not do anything wrong :flag:

Dinkydoo
23-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Its no secret I sit in the FF and I can tell you i know excactly what happened as it was in the section i sit in that the comment came from,

Quote " Come on Griffiths get a decent corner in FFS get it past the first man" at this point he turned his head and said " F OFF " this is when more fans got upset including me! several shouts went up saying "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc " then only then did he flip the finger. there was no personal abuse lack off support just a general shout about the corner. I was raging at him for reacting.

We are the fans we will be there long after he has gone he cannot give the fans any signs etc I am so dissapointed because the fans are getting the blame here they did not do anything wrong :flag:

So even though the people sitting near you (or including you :confused:) could see that he was getting pissed off they decided to come out with "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc "............... don't think it's just LG who has problems with his intellect. :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
23-01-2012, 12:09 PM
So even though the people sitting near you (or including you :confused:) could see that he was getting pissed off they decided to come out with "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc "............... don't think it's just LG who has problems with his intellect. :rolleyes:

Leigh 100% does have problems with his intellect. he is at his work and he is arguing with folk around him FFS just do your job and get on with the game. If I had reacted to everytime I got abuse when working in the Social I would have been sacked you learn to deal with it and difuse situations not escalate them. I can't understand this sympathy for poor Leigh you would think he was the only player ever to get stick from the crowd, I can confirm he is not. I am pretty sure he is the 1st player that may be charged on THREE seperate occasions within weeks of each other foe a simlilar offence the crime being GROSS STUPUDITY.

Andy74
23-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Leigh 100% does have problems with his intellect. he is at his work and he is arguing with folk around him FFS just do your job and get on with the game. If I had reacted to everytime I got abuse when working in the Social I would have been sacked you learn to deal with it and difuse situations not escalate them. I can't understand this sympathy for poor Leigh you would think he was the only player ever to get stick from the crowd, I can confirm he is not. I am pretty sure he is the 1st player that may be charged on THREE seperate occasions within weeks of each other foe a simlilar offence the crime being GROSS STUPUDITY.

What I also don't get is that I've hardly heard anyone giving him stick and he seems very upset.

God help him if he ever does become an actual boo boys target.

He needs to ignore it and get on with playing. To not learn even from the first one is just sheer stupidity.

Dinkydoo
23-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Whilst I realise that LG has been terribly stupid to react yet again to fans giving him abuse what absolutely astounds me is the inability to appreciate that some "supporters" have been incredibly stupid also, and therefore, must shoulder some of the responsibility for this.

you learn to deal with it and difuse situations not escalate them.

This could quite easily be applied to the fans who decided to call him an "Idiot etc" after they noticed he was getting annoyed by thier "Come on, get it past the first man this time." comment. FWIW, I don't think there was anything wrong at all with the initial comment, it's the response from a section of the support after it was noted that LG was getting wound up that really irritates me.

I can't understand this sympathy for poor Leigh.

I've never said that I sympathise with Leigh; it's our club I sympathise with, potentially having to be without him for another game.

Some people obviously think that when they go to 'the football' they can behave how they like, without consequence, as long as they pay thier 20 quid......:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
23-01-2012, 12:22 PM
What I also don't get is that I've hardly heard anyone giving him stick and he seems very upset.

God help him if he ever does become an actual boo boys target.

He needs to ignore it and get on with playing. To not learn even from the first one is just sheer stupidity.

Completely agree though it seems he is trying his best to become such a boo boy target wth his reaction to things.

12AlbionPlace
23-01-2012, 12:29 PM
On a related subject I assume the EPL don't have a compliance officer.

I noticed on MOTD James Morrison gave the crowd a "Leigh" salute when he celebrated his goal against Stoke.

happiehibbie
23-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Whilst I realise that LG has been terribly stupid to react yet again to fans giving him abuse what absolutely astounds me is the inability to appreciate that some "supporters" have been incredibly stupid also, and therefore, must shoulder some of the responsibility for this.

This could quite easily be applied to the fans who decided to call him an "Idiot etc" after they noticed he was getting annoyed by thier "Come on, get it past the first man this time." comment. FWIW, I don't think there was anything wrong at all with the initial comment, it's the response from a section of the support after it was noted that LG was getting wound up that really irritates me.

I've never said that I sympathise with Leigh; it's our club I sympathise with, potentially having to be without him for another game.

Some people obviously think that when they go to 'the football' they can behave how they like, without consequence, as long as they pay thier 20 quid......:rolleyes:

Oh come on you should hear the aubuse the linesman and the other teams players take...... He was soley at fault at this time I have watch Hibs since i was 7 years old and we are a fickle lot Joe T Nish I could go on took more abuse and have never reacted as i said until he told the Fans to F OFF he got no abuse WE can not shoulder the blame.

The_Todd
23-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Ok, so he shouldn't be so stupid to respond. PF should drill that message in right away, but how hypocritical are our fans? Happy to give out the abuse for 90 minutes but whine like **** when a player decides not to let it go over his head.

Why are our own fans so desperate to jump on the backs of our players we do it to one of our better players?

Of all the players at fault for Saturday's farce, Leigh isn't one of them IMO. The fans getting on Leigh's back are myopic or Jambos. FACT. ENDOF.

The_Todd
23-01-2012, 04:07 PM
WE can not shoulder the blame.

And that sums it up. We, as fans, are allowed to boo and heckle our own players (including ones trying their butts off to turn a game around, such as Leigh) but the players can't respond. And when they do respond we suddenly get all high and mighty and condemn the player.

Golden Bear
23-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Eddie Thomson

From what I remember of Eddie, he was a dyed in the wool Jambo and had no time for the Hibees whatsoever.

He was a decent guy nevertheless.

steviehibsleith
23-01-2012, 04:57 PM
66 mins on the clock LG steps up to take a corner and sticks his finger up at his own fans - 3RD time in as many games he as done this - We need him on the park next Saturday and for the rest of the season so come on Hibs get the doctor out and say he has a form of Leith Tourettes and its not his fault and get him off the Hook.

:greengrin

Sammy7nil
23-01-2012, 05:02 PM
And that sums it up. We, as fans, are allowed to boo and heckle our own players (including ones trying their butts off to turn a game around, such as Leigh) but the players can't respond. And when they do respond we suddenly get all high and mighty and condemn the player.

Sorry WRONG !
Most fans could not give """" what Leigh does, he could run naked up and down the stands for all I care so long as he does the businees.

Unfortunately the SPL and the compliance officer do care !

Leigh is WELL AWARE of that yet he is either so thick or has such a Huge Ego he can't just get on with the game despite a Public warning from Pat the last time this happened.

Dinkydoo
23-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Sorry WRONG !
Most fans could not give """" what Leigh does, he could run naked up and down the stands for all I care so long as he did the business

Sorry, WRONG!

If he did that then he'd still get a ban :wink:

ancient hibee
23-01-2012, 05:24 PM
What he should have done of course is take a decent corner.Up until then he had totally wasted every free kick and corner he'd taken.