PDA

View Full Version : St Johnstone fans in West Upper yesterday.

silverhibee
22-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Why were they allowed to celabrate there 3 goals in the main stand yesterday, no away fans should be allowed in there, after the first goal the stewards should have moved in and told them that they were in the Hibs main stand and if you's behave like that again you will be removed from the ground, they really were giving it big licks and high fiving each other and rubbing it in to the Hibs fans around them, did have a we argument with two of them when they scored there second but i was told to sit down by an old guy behind me, he said i was wasting my time the stewards are doing nothing about it so dont get involved.

Hibs FC. One big soft touch.

Newhaven
22-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Why were they allowed to celabrate there 3 goals in the main stand yesterday, no away fans should be allowed in there, after the first goal the stewards should have moved in and told them that they were in the Hibs main stand and if you's behave like that again you will be removed from the ground, they really were giving it big licks and high fiving each other and rubbing it in to the Hibs fans around them, did have a we argument with two of them when they scored there second but i was told to sit down by an old guy behind me, he said i was wasting my time the stewards are doing nothing about it so dont get involved.

From top to bottom :agree:

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2012, 02:30 PM

Cant agree SH, we had a lot of fans in the dunfermline main stand last week, and when the 3rd goal went most went ballistic.

StevieC
22-01-2012, 02:34 PM
These fans paid over the odds for hospitality and put some extra cash into PF's transfer pot.

IMO they're more welcome than the supporters that spend 90 minutes moaning at the team and telling everyone how they're never coming back to another game.

Twa Cairpets
22-01-2012, 02:38 PM

Och away and behave yersel.

I've been in hospitality at St J and celebrated goals (not for a while right enough come to think of it), even worn my tartan scarf and as long as youre not being an erse then its fine.

Imagine. High fives! Jings they must have been really bad guys.

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 02:38 PM
If they wana pay extra to go in the Hibs hospitality seating then fine by me, but they should be told no celebrating incase it turns nasty.

Brebners Bookie
22-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Chill out.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2012, 03:21 PM
C'mon now if that was rangers Celtic or hearts fans I'm sure you would be going mental if they were celebrating goals and giving it high fives

silverhibee
22-01-2012, 03:33 PM
If they wana pay extra to go in the Hibs hospitality seating then fine by me, but they should be told no celebrating incase it turns nasty.

The Hibs fans have gave up Fraze, i remember the currant buns having fans up in the main stand maybe last season and it did turn nasty, Hibs fans were handing out abuse to them for celabrating a goal and the stewards had to move in to tell the soap dodgers to calm down as they were causing bother, but now St J fans are now rubbing our nose's in it and we just sit by and let it happen, there was even a thread on here about the buns fans that day and i cant remember many on here thanking them for putting money in to the club because they had paid for hospitality, the biggest majority of folk were raging with the club for allowing them to be in the West stand upper and that nothing was done about it, but now its okay for St J fans to celabrate in our home stand, what next, clapping opposition teams of the park because they have played well against us, oh wait we have already done that over the last couple of seasons, do you think they St J fans would have behaved like that at one of the old firm grounds or even the PBS, no chance the home fans would have got tore in to them and they wouldn't be celabrating another goal thats for sure, but we just seem to sit back and take it like the softies we are turning in to.

StevieC
22-01-2012, 03:34 PM
C'mon now if that was rangers Celtic or hearts fans I'm sure you would be going mental if they were celebrating goals and giving it high fives

But they weren't :dunno:

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 03:38 PM
The Hibs fans have gave up Fraze, i remember the currant buns having fans up in the main stand maybe last season and it did turn nasty, Hibs fans were handing out abuse to them for celabrating a goal and the stewards had to move in to tell the soap dodgers to calm down as they were causing bother, but now St J fans are now rubbing our nose's in it and we just sit by and let it happen, there was even a thread on here about the buns fans that day and i cant remember many on here thanking them for putting money in to the club because they had paid for hospitality, the biggest majority of folk were raging with the club for allowing them to be in the West stand upper and that nothing was done about it, but now its okay for St J fans to celabrate in our home stand, what next, clapping opposition teams of the park because they have played well against us, oh wait we have already done that over the last couple of seasons, do you think they St J fans would have behaved like that at one of the old firm grounds or even the PBS, no chance the home fans would have got tore in to them and they wouldn't be celabrating another goal thats for sure, but we just seem to sit back and take it like the softies we are turning in to.

I dunno if you were agreeing or disagreeing with my point, but i am 100% on your side. Having opposition fans celebrating (never mind just being there) in our end is ridiculous imo.

In the heat of the moment i would probably start shouting something cos it would do my head in.

S.sct
22-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Nah....we've done the same thing all over the country. If it's just banter and supporting their team I have no problem with it.
I do understand that it would be different with yams or the ugly sisters but that says more about them than anything else.

Sudds_1
22-01-2012, 03:46 PM

.....and breathe

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Surely you must be used to visiting supporters celebrating by now. What difference does another 2 or 3 make?

Famous Fiver
22-01-2012, 04:04 PM
New Years Day 1973 we were celebrating all round the ground. Right in among a crowd of Jambos that day and it was the sweetest of my life.

Don't grudge a few country cousins having a wee celebration.

Hibrandenburg
22-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Quite sad when some fans celebrating their team's goal is considered to be a provocation. Maybe if we still had some casuals they could have stepped in to save our honour.

Twa Cairpets
22-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Yep maybe it would have been double standards if it had been any of the ugly threesome, but then there's no hisory with Saints, or Killie or the like. They're football fans.

Its frankly pathetic that we cant be big enough to accept that a cuple of boys in the comfy seats jump when their teams scores. As is this call of "we're a soft touch". I mean really? Is that the level people have sunk to when it comes to finding new and petty ways of slagging of the team they claim to support?

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Why don't we start celebrating with opposing fans? Could be quite fun..

FWIW I have no problem with their fans high-fiving. Good luck to them I say.

Decent club and a decent team

Elephant Stone
22-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Quite sad when some fans celebrating their team's goal is considered to be a provocation. Maybe if we still had some casuals they could have stepped in to save our honour.

:agree:

Looks like we're at the point where anything Hibs related is moan worthy.

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2012, 05:19 PM
:agree:

Looks like we're at the point where anything Hibs related is moan worthy.

I also can't believe our players are tying their laces in a double loop!! :fuming:

Sack the board!!

Jones28
22-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Ridiculous notion that fans paying a good wad of money to Hibs for Hospitality seats get abuse for celebrating their team scoring.

Double standards seeing as we had at least 50 in the Dunfermline end last weekend going mad when Griffiths scored the third.

If was any of the Old Firm/Hearts then it would be understandable but St Johnstone FFS

shagpile
22-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I dunno if you were agreeing or disagreeing with my point, but i am 100% on your side. Having opposition fans celebrating (never mind just being there) in our end is ridiculous imo.

In the heat of the moment i would probably start shouting something cos it would do my head in.

Football used to be a social sport/occasion . Now it has become anti social. I attended football matches when supporters mixed & had a bit of fun/banter. In fact if you go to lower division games they still do mix without much bother.
If someone celebrating their team scoring a goal makes you start shouting [probably abuse] at them, then you need to have a word with yourself.

Bad Martini
22-01-2012, 05:31 PM
So the ****ing rules on the ticket that states opposition fans shouldn't be in the home team stands doesn't apply to hospitality just because they pay more?

Pish.

I was in the west yesterday and thought I'd heard some ********s celebrating when we lost goals but thought I must've been mistaken.

Obviously not.

I don't care who the opposition is and whether their harmless or not, hearing opposing fans celebrating when we're so utterly ***** and when we as fans can do **** all to change the result other than hope like **** our hard earned is invested wisely,is even worse.

No opposition fans in the home end is how it should be. Wonder how accepting folk would be if it was yams laughing, celebrating and generally enjoying our misfortune???

I'm only surprised that I still have the capability to get ****ed off at this and our ****tyness. Means I still must have some n interest and hope for the cabbage though **** knows why as right now, we gonna have the best facilities I'm the first division next season unless we see some serious changes in fortunes and attitudes from many players,

ENDOF

jonny
22-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I had hospitality at Dunfermline last week (a snip at £50) and was seated in the main stand. I was sat with a couple of Pars fans and have to say that the banter before/during/after the match was great. I had no issues and was not subjected to any sort of abuse when I celebrated Hibs first 2 goals and then went mental at the 3rd.
As well as Hibs I occasionally go to watch Edinburgh Rugby where there is no segregation. I realise that the numbers at a Hibs game are vastly different from that at an Edinburgh game but if rugby fans can sit together, enjoy the match and simply accept the fact that when the opposition scores then their fans will celebrate then why cant some football fans?
It wasnt that many years ago that there was no segregation at football matches and if Im honest I'd rather there didnt have to be. I'd like to be able to go to Easter Road and sit with my mates that are Hearts, Rangers, St Johnstone and Celtic fans.

I have no issues with any away fan that pays for hospitality and sits in the West then celebrates when their team scores - and for me that would include Hearts, Celtic and Rangers fans. For those that disagree, I ask you what happens when your watching the game in your local? Do they have segregation in their or tell the fans of the other team that they cant cheer when they score. Grow up.

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2012, 05:39 PM
So the ****ing rules on the ticket that states opposition fans shouldn't be in the home team stands doesn't apply to hospitality just because they pay more?

Pish.

I was in the west yesterday and thought I'd heard some ********s celebrating when we lost goals but thought I must've been mistaken.

Obviously not.

I don't care who the opposition is and whether their harmless or not, hearing opposing fans celebrating when we're so utterly ***** and when we as fans can do **** all to change the result other than hope like **** our hard earned is invested wisely,is even worse.

No opposition fans in the home end is how it should be. Wonder how accepting folk would be if it was yams laughing, celebrating and generally enjoying our misfortune???

I'm only surprised that I still have the capability to get ****ed off at this and our ****tyness. Means I still must have some n interest and hope for the cabbage though **** knows why as right now, we gonna have the best facilities I'm the first division next season unless we see some serious changes in fortunes and attitudes from many players,

ENDOF

Oh dear......:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, what does ENDOF mean?

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Are some of our fans and players converts from another mystical sport were none of the traditions of football are allowed? FFS it's getting tiresome listening to the crying and moaning on here.

Stay at home wrapped in cotton wool, earplugs in and lay in a dark padded room and you'll see no evil, hear no evil and come to no harm.

DH1875
22-01-2012, 06:09 PM

Pish.

Like it or not, them are the rules. There's nothing to stop you from paying the extra for hospitality at any of the other grounds.

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Are some of our fans and players converts from another mystical sport were none of the traditions of football are allowed? FFS it's getting tiresome listening to the crying and moaning on here.

Stay at home wrapped in cotton wool, earplugs in and lay in a dark padded room and you'll see no evil, hear no evil and come to no harm.

What he says :agree:

Hibbyradge
22-01-2012, 06:16 PM
This thread is utter nonsense, imo.

The logical conclusion is that only Hibs fans are allowed to pay hospitality in case their team scores a goal. Not really the best business idea I've ever heard.

Incredible that folk are so immature and mentally frail that they can't cope with an opposition supporter celebrating a goal against us.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Oh, and by the way, these opposition fans know that they'll have to put up with the home fans celebrating and high fiving and coming in their pants if Hibs score.

I wonder how they cope.

Folk need to grow up and stop wearing girls' blouses.

ENDOF.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I had hospitality at Dunfermline last week (a snip at £50) and was seated in the main stand. I was sat with a couple of Pars fans and have to say that the banter before/during/after the match was great. I had no issues and was not subjected to any sort of abuse when I celebrated Hibs first 2 goals and then went mental at the 3rd.
As well as Hibs I occasionally go to watch Edinburgh Rugby where there is no segregation. I realise that the numbers at a Hibs game are vastly different from that at an Edinburgh game but if rugby fans can sit together, enjoy the match and simply accept the fact that when the opposition scores then their fans will celebrate then why cant some football fans?
It wasnt that many years ago that there was no segregation at football matches and if Im honest I'd rather there didnt have to be. I'd like to be able to go to Easter Road and sit with my mates that are Hearts, Rangers, St Johnstone and Celtic fans.

I have no issues with any away fan that pays for hospitality and sits in the West then celebrates when their team scores - and for me that would include Hearts, Celtic and Rangers fans. For those that disagree, I ask you what happens when your watching the game in your local? Do they have segregation in their or tell the fans of the other team that they cant cheer when they score. Grow up.

Great post.

silverhibee
22-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Football used to be a social sport/occasion . Now it has become anti social. I attended football matches when supporters mixed & had a bit of fun/banter. In fact if you go to lower division games they still do mix without much bother.
If someone celebrating their team scoring a goal makes you start shouting [probably abuse] at them, then you need to have a word with yourself.

Aye a need to have a word with my self, there was about 25 of them and the reason i gave a couple them abuse was they were giving it the GIRUY to the Hibs fans around them, this wasn't a quiet clap to cheer there team they were bouncing about giving it large and doing there best to noise up our fans, the stewards should have had a wee word with them and if they couldn't behave in a proper manner in the main home stand then they will be out the door, so am a Hibs supporter and i am sitting up in the main stand watching my team go down a goal and i have got to put up with a bunch of drunk St J fans celabrating there goal like they have won the league or something like that, sorry but after having to watch some of the ***** i have over the last couple of years its now come down to St J fans taking the piss out of us on and of the park, if i want to hand out abuse to away fans in suits in front of me then i will.

I dont boo our own players when watching them play, but i will give the opposition players tight, Sandaza got abuse from me probaly because he was taking the c*** out of our defence, the ref gets it tight, the away fans get abuse as well but they are normally sitting in another stand, not a couple of rows in front of me, so why should i not give it back to them when they are rubbing our nose's in it in the home stand, **** them, **** any away team that plays Hibs, if they want to hand it out i will give it back, when Sparky scored the penalty i made sure the fannies in front of me made sure we had scored by supporting my team and letting the fandans in front that there team were s**t, or words to that affect.

Bad Martini says it all, or maybe not, :greengrin, away supporters are not allowed in to the home ground stands, if you are in hospitality and you sit in the upper main stand then you behave yourself just in case things kick off, i am sure they are made aware of that.

DaveF
22-01-2012, 06:29 PM
If they were giving a GIRUY to the Hibs fans get on the blower to the compliance officer.

Certain 1 game ban coming their way :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Aye a need to have a word with my self, there was about 25 of them and the reason i gave a couple them abuse was they were giving it the GIRUY to the Hibs fans around them, this wasn't a quiet clap to cheer there team they were bouncing about giving it large and doing there best to noise up our fans, the stewards should have had a wee word with them and if they couldn't behave in a proper manner in the main home stand then they will be out the door, so am a Hibs supporter and i am sitting up in the main stand watching my team go down a goal and i have got to put up with a bunch of drunk St J fans celabrating there goal like they have won the league or something like that, sorry but after having to watch some of the ***** i have over the last couple of years its now come down to St J fans taking the piss out of us on and of the park, if i want to hand out abuse to away fans in suits in front of me then i will.

I dont boo our own players when watching them play, but i will give the opposition players tight, Sandaza got abuse from me probaly because he was taking the c*** out of our defence, the ref gets it tight, the away fans get abuse as well but they are normally sitting in another stand, not a couple of rows in front of me, so why should i not give it back to them when they are rubbing our nose's in it in the home stand, **** them, **** any away team that plays Hibs, if they want to hand it out i will give it back, when Sparky scored the penalty i made sure the fannies in front of me made sure we had scored by supporting my team and letting the fandans in front that there team were s**t, or words to that affect.

Bad Martini says it all, or maybe not, :greengrin, away supporters are not allowed in to the home ground stands, if you are in hospitality and you sit in the upper main stand then you behave yourself just in case things kick off, i am sure they are made aware of that.

Oh dear....:rolleyes:

Pretty sad confession if you ask me...

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 06:31 PM

They celebrate and you in your own words abuse them. You can get thrown out for that alone!

BroxburnHibee
22-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Its a good post and in a perfect world thats what would happen however we don't.

I bought ST's in the FF when it first opened and on many occasions that first season there was trouble with opposition fans in the hospitality seats.

If they were just celebrating there team scoring then whilst unpleasant I think most Hibs fans would tolerate it however there was a few incidents were opposition fans not only celebrated but also taunted the Hibs fans to the point were fans started throwing stuff at them - not right but hardly surprising.

Also has anyone sampled Hibs hospitality - its not too difficult to be fairly p****d :greengrin before kick-off so hardly a shock that that may have an effect on some of the weaker minded supporters.

Bottom line if fans misbehave - no matter where they are in the ground or what they have paid - they should be treated exactly the same.

S.sct
22-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Pish.

Obviously not.

ENDOF
Read the first paragraph and dozed off.....dry yer eyes man

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Its a good post and in a perfect world thats what would happen however we don't.

I bought ST's in the FF when it first opened and on many occasions that first season there was trouble with opposition fans in the hospitality seats.

If they were just celebrating there team scoring then whilst unpleasant I think most Hibs fans would tolerate it however there was a few incidents were opposition fans not only celebrated but also taunted the Hibs fans to the point were things started throwing stuff at them - not right but hardly surprising.

Also has anyone sampled Hibs hospitality - its not too difficult to be fairly p****d :greengrin before kick-off so hardly a shock that that may have an effect on some of the weaker minded supporters.

Bottom line if fans misbehave - no matter where they are in the ground or what they have paid - they should be treated exactly the same.

Funnily enough, as a Broxburn boy born & bread, (emigrated to Livingston) I find it imposible to sample hospitality without getting bladdered! :greengrin

The Buchan Arms used to be my home back in the good old days! :agree:

marinello59
22-01-2012, 06:38 PM

Oh no. The big bad St J fans in hospitality behaved the same as Hibs fans in hospitality at away games do. Boo hoo . We have bigger things to worry about than that.

dp00
22-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Anytime I've been in hospitality there has been reminders on the tables that you will be sitting in a hibs fans area of the ground a d to be respectful or words to that effect.

No issues with them being there if they are paying money , am I correct in thinking that hospitality is one of the few areas of the club running at a profit ?

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Anytime I've been in hospitality there has been reminders on the tables that you will be sitting in a hibs fans area of the ground a d to be respectful or words to that effect.

No issues with them being there if they are paying money , am I correct in thinking that hospitality is one of the few areas of the club running at a profit ?

Been in many a hospitality suite and never seen anything like that at all!

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Pish.

Obviously not.

ENDOF

Its not the Saints fans fault we are crap. I left the West Stand yesterday in among the Saints fans. What was I meant to do? Give one a good slap because our central defenders can`t defend?

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Its not the Saints fans fault we are crap. I left the West Stand yesterday in among the Saints fans. What was I meant to do? Give one a good slap because our central defenders can`t defend?

You could have given them a limp wrist wave whilst wiping away your tears and complained to the nearest steward that you were deeply offended by their actions and indeed may be scarred for life. That's the new Hibs way come on keep up :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2012, 07:29 PM
[/B]

You could have given them a limp wrist wave whilst wiping away your tears and complained to the nearest steward that you were deeply offended by their actions and indeed may be scarred for life. That's the new Hibs way come on keep up :greengrin

I`ll remember that at our next home defeat which I assume won`t be long in coming :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
22-01-2012, 08:46 PM

Pish.

Obviously not.

ENDOF

Dear oh dear and here's me thinking we had the moral high ground over the old firm.

Get a grip oh yourself.

bigwheel
22-01-2012, 09:06 PM

Would you really have cared if we had won 3-2 ??? ......bet they had a great day out....that's what fitba is all about..,,,

Hibrandenburg
22-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Would you really have cared if we had won 3-2 ??? ......bet they had a great day out....that's what fitba is all about..,,,

Good point.

IberianHibernian
22-01-2012, 09:23 PM
With so many seats in our stadium would it not be an opportunity to set up a mixed family area where home and away fans can mix without bother ? We`ve got so much space that it`d be easy to allocate 2000 seats to fans ( neutrals too ) who don`t mind or even enjoy company of rival fans . There`s now a generation of fans who think segregation is normal and necessary ( sounds like some of the St J fans yesterday think that only way to celebrate a goal is goading opposition fans as a result of segregation mentality ) but non-football fans just don`t understand it at all and it`s interesting that fans think it`s normal for club games but not for internationals . People who started going to games in last 20 years will start saying I`m being politically correct but a spectacle that needs segregation will never last and empty seats in many stadiums show that . About 30 years ago I went to a league game in what was then Yugoslavia - there were about 5000 fans in a stadium like old ER - crowd was made up of about 4000 home fans and 500 away fans with a huge space between fans and loads of soldiers and police with dogs to control crowd . Massive security was probably due to political tensions at the time but I often remember that stadium when I see a few hundred away fans in the South separated from rest of crowd .

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Can't believe some of the responses on here. I thought everyone would be against opposition fans celebrating in our ends. Don't take notice of them Silver.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Can't believe some of the responses on here. I thought everyone would be against opposition fans celebrating in our ends. Don't take notice of them Silver.

We are, we ALL wish they had nothing to celebrate! :greengrin

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 09:33 PM
We are, we ALL wish they had nothing to celebrate! :greengrin

True :tee hee:

LancashireHibby
22-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I was in West Upper but can't say I noticed any Saints fans cheering in there. I'd much prefer HFC take steps to prevent the opposition scoring in the first half, never mind their fans celebrating!

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I was in West Upper but can't say I noticed any Saints fans cheering in there. I'd much prefer HFC take steps to prevent the opposition scoring in the first half, never mind their fans celebrating!

Same here :agree: I tend to worry about what's happening on the pitch rather than off it!

LancashireHibby
22-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Same here :agree: I tend to worry about what's happening on the pitch rather than off it!

What I will say is that I'll be back in the East next time....went for a Bovril just before the half-time whistle and didn't get served until nearly 10 minutes in to the second half! Sort it out Petrie!

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 10:16 PM
What I will say is that I'll be back in the East next time....went for a Bovril just before the half-time whistle and didn't get served until nearly 10 minutes in to the second half! Sort it out Petrie!

Aye it always takes a while in the West, they have trouble keeping a steady supply of cups & saucers for the bovril, the dishwasher can't wash them quick enough!

LancashireHibby
22-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Aye it always takes a while in the West, they have trouble keeping a steady supply of cups & saucers for the bovril, the dishwasher can't wash them quick enough!

Thought the complimentary blankets were a nice touch though.

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2012, 10:43 PM
As someone who has acted the obnoxious, provocative 'national front' at the hozzies at Ibrox, Parkhead, Fir Park, Falkirk Stadium, Dunfermline, and, most of all, the PBS, I can hardly get steamed up at the drunken high spirits of away fans in our hozzy.

The club should be taking a different view however, as the segregation legislation applies to all areas of the ground, including the hospitality, and any incidents, if investigated by the police could see Hibs in bother for the breach of that legislation.

S.sct
23-01-2012, 07:28 PM
With so many seats in our stadium would it not be an opportunity to set up a mixed family area where home and away fans can mix without bother ? We`ve got so much space that it`d be easy to allocate 2000 seats to fans ( neutrals too ) who don`t mind or even enjoy company of rival fans . There`s now a generation of fans who think segregation is normal and necessary ( sounds like some of the St J fans yesterday think that only way to celebrate a goal is goading opposition fans as a result of segregation mentality ) but non-football fans just don`t understand it at all and it`s interesting that fans think it`s normal for club games but not for internationals . People who started going to games in last 20 years will start saying I`m being politically correct but a spectacle that needs segregation will never last and empty seats in many stadiums show that . About 30 years ago I went to a league game in what was then Yugoslavia - there were about 5000 fans in a stadium like old ER - crowd was made up of about 4000 home fans and 500 away fans with a huge space between fans and loads of soldiers and police with dogs to control crowd . Massive security was probably due to political tensions at the time but I often remember that stadium when I see a few hundred away fans in the South separated from rest of crowd .

Now there's an idea......

Septimus
24-01-2012, 06:03 AM
I can vaguely remember when football grounds were filled with adults and a few well bahaved children both off and on the park. Happy days!

Cocohibby
24-01-2012, 09:02 AM
I once had the misfortune of having to attend hospitality at Tynecastle (a work thing which I had to go to), mind you, Dundee Utd won 4-0 (Robson hat-trick) so wasn't all bad. :aok:

Speedway
24-01-2012, 12:00 PM
This can only be good for football. Never mind compliance officers, what we need is rioting, terraces and coin sharpening.

The ST J fans were doing us a favour. They were inciting us to riot. We should have taken advantage but like Hibs as usual, we missed our opportunities.

Joe Baker II
24-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh no. The big bad St J fans in hospitality behaved the same as Hibs fans in hospitality at away games do. Boo hoo . We have bigger things to worry about than that.

Agree but you are probably preaching on deaf ears, some of the posts complaining are pathetic enough but just imagine the reaction had it been OF or Hearts fans celebrating!

MSK
24-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Hibs FC. One big soft touch.Should have lobbed yer prawn sannies at them Silv ...that would have got them telt ..:aok: