PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Blackman

bigwheel
22-01-2012, 08:52 AM
@agentscotland on twitter, usually a reliable source, is saying we are now after Andrew Blackman from Celtic on loan.. A bit underwhelming - ex Arsenal junior, released by AFC Wimbledon who got a short contract at Celtic late last year....

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2012, 09:10 AM
@agentscotland on twitter, usually a reliable source, is saying we are now after Andrew Blackman from Celtic on loan.. A bit underwhelming - ex Arsenal junior, released by AFC Wimbledon who got a short contract at Celtic late last year....

where on the pitch does he play??

CallumLaidlaw
22-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Think it's Andre. We were linked with him a couple of weeks ago, but it got ruled out fairly quick I think

bigwheel
22-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Think it's Andre. We were linked with him a couple of weeks ago, but it got ruled out fairly quick I think
Yes, apologies Andre. - think he's a left back...

AlbertK86
22-01-2012, 09:15 AM

Yep was deemed not good enough.

My fear is we can't get who PF wants so as usual we have to go back and take second rate targets......

smurf
22-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Yep was deemed not good enough.

My fear is we can't get who PF wants so as usual we have to go back and take second rate targets......

Just about every window our manager says we have missed out on our targets. Mixu said it. Hughes said it. Calderwood said it. Now Fenlon has said it.

Can we ask why without it provoking hysteria defence of a very well remunerated boardroom?

Because the targets that we are securing are year in and year out leaving us quite pathetic on the park.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Shame we couldn't have landed that big centre half Thompson, who is away to Chesterfield on loan.

AlbertK86
22-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Just about every window our manager says we have missed out on our targets. Mixu said it. Hughes said it. Calderwood said it. Now Fenlon has said it.

Can we ask why without it provoking hysteria defence of a very well remunerated boardroom?

Because the targets that we are securing are year in and year out leaving us quite pathetic on the park.

Add Collins to your list.

People may say they were over ambitious..... For Christ sake we are meant to be the fourth biggest club in Scotland ..... Sadly ROD and STF don't think along these lines

SteveHFC
22-01-2012, 01:50 PM

Loan deal FFS

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2012, 02:14 PM
A left back i think, should fit in well left midfield is recent loan signings are anything to go by.

Largshibby
22-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Don't know the first thing about Blackman so couldn't say for sure that he's not the answer but if we are to get out of this situation I think guys with his track record are a no no. We need to spend hard cash on someone who will hit the ground running and make a real difference immediately. In most walks of life when someone starts a new job/joins a new team they have (rightly) a settling in period of a few weeks and footballers are generally no different. Any CH we sign will not have this luxury and that means they will cost. If we don't raise the cash to do this we've had it because at the moment we are effectively starting games 2 nil down and that equals relegation.

On a separate point I wish people would get off Leigh Griffiths back. If he played for someone else we would identify him as a threat and wish he played for us. WELL HE DOES PLAY FOR US and he has a quality that is sadly lacking in a lot of his teammates - he actually wants to be at ER.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Loan deal FFS

I agree.

We should sign him on a 4 year contract.

Is he any good, btw?

matty_f
22-01-2012, 02:21 PM

Hysteria defence?

Gmack7
22-01-2012, 04:08 PM
why is richie towell stil at hibs?he seems to be 3rd choice at best,imo he's a better option than hart but if the manager doesnt rate him then send him back

R'Albin
22-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Loan deal FFS

I think loans are the best option now, if we want real quality in that can keep us up. In the summer we should be looking more at permanent deals when there is more available.

IWasThere2016
22-01-2012, 04:59 PM
A left back i think, should fit in well left midfield is recent loan signings are anything to go by.

:greengrin

smurf
22-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Hysteria defence?

The defence of the board in the summer was hysterical at times.

Think in the current climate its much harder to defend them....

Eyrie
22-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree.

We should sign him on a 4 year contract.

Is he any good, btw?
Technicalities!!! Apparently we just need to sign someone, anyone.

BEEJ
22-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Technicalities!!! Apparently we just need to sign someone, anyone.
Who says? :confused:

Eyrie
22-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Who says? :confused:
I'm sure I read something along those lines on .net. Must have been hallucinating :whistle:

BEEJ
22-01-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm sure I read something along those lines on .net. Must have been hallucinating :whistle:
Or misinterpreting for effect. :greengrin