PDA

View Full Version : Clowns to the left of me....

Captain Trips
22-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Jokers to the right......well 1 step forward 2 steps back as per usual the last 18mths. Heading for division 1 with the way things are, loans that have FA experience signing new strikers that could sign pre contract in 12mths. PF has been left in a state and the clowns and jokers in that boardroom are to blame.

Not taking that CC money in summer is IMO 100% why we are in the p1sh, left PF with no chance to really sign that many for long term as its hard to do in January, now its more wasted money on loan fees etc etc to save things.

If PF had the pre season I think we might be better off as it is we are stuck with gash players and reduced to more loans, Petrie keeping CC in summer is worst decision he has made probably sine he was in charge, it has proved a total disaster in terms of money and team building, IMO it is sackable surely. His judgement that CC was way forward in summer has proven to be simply dreadful and it wasnt as if CC not doing well after summer was a shock. It is a decision that has cost us precious time and probably money.

This mess is now Petries fault 100%. Time you went.

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 12:55 AM
If Carlsberg did post.......:greengrin

steakbake
22-01-2012, 12:59 AM
I agree. Was saying this today. We lost the first part of the season due to Calderwood's inability to decide on the sweeties he wanted.

Not Petrie's finest hour to have allowed such dithering, disrespect and disruption to the business of the club.

I have little faith in the board after that. Will have even less if, over the next week, it transpires that Fenlon has been trying to shape a team with one hand tied behind his back.

Eyrie
22-01-2012, 10:02 AM
If we do get relegated (and to read some of the posts on here you'd think it had already happened) then I agree that Petrie has to accept responsibility and stand down. It was his decision to cling to Calderwood, and Calderwood's poor management and signings that have put us in this position*.

I don't think he will resign though, as he is Farmer's man on the Hibs board. And I'm still hopeful that we won't go down which would render the point moot.

*Certainly Hughes made a lot of mistakes and is partly to blame, but there were enough players out of contract that Calderwood had the opportunity to fix things - which he blew big time.

AlbertK86
22-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Jokers to the right......well 1 step forward 2 steps back as per usual the last 18mths. Heading for division 1 with the way things are, loans that have FA experience signing new strikers that could sign pre contract in 12mths. PF has been left in a state and the clowns and jokers in that boardroom are to blame.

Not taking that CC money in summer is IMO 100% why we are in the p1sh, left PF with no chance to really sign that many for long term as its hard to do in January, now its more wasted money on loan fees etc etc to save things.

If PF had the pre season I think we might be better off as it is we are stuck with gash players and reduced to more loans, Petrie keeping CC in summer is worst decision he has made probably sine he was in charge, it has proved a total disaster in terms of money and team building, IMO it is sackable surely. His judgement that CC was way forward in summer has proven to be simply dreadful and it wasnt as if CC not doing well after summer was a shock. It is a decision that has cost us precious time and probably money.

This mess is now Petries fault 100%. Time you went.

ROD never believed he was the way forward in the summer he just didn't want to look as if he got it wrong yet again. As soon as he realised the fans were on his back and he was about to get a hard time at the AGM he deflected it by sacking CC. Oh aye year before same story ....

ROD and STF invest or go

Hibbyradge
22-01-2012, 10:13 AM
I agree. Was saying this today. We lost the first part of the season due to Calderwood's inability to decide on the sweeties he wanted.

Not Petrie's finest hour to have allowed such dithering, disrespect and disruption to the business of the club.

I have little faith in the board after that. Will have even less if, over the next week, it transpires that Fenlon has been trying to shape a team with one hand tied behind his back.

There was no dithering.

Petrie refused to lose his manager.

His manager failed.

sahib
22-01-2012, 10:43 AM
There was no dithering.

Petrie refused to lose his manager.

His manager failed.

Inorder to save face.

Captain Trips
22-01-2012, 05:02 PM
ROD never believed he was the way forward in the summer he just didn't want to look as if he got it wrong yet again. As soon as he realised the fans were on his back and he was about to get a hard time at the AGM he deflected it by sacking CC. Oh aye year before same story ....

ROD and STF invest or go

That may be case, but we find ourselves in a position that could and should have been avoided at seasons start. Petrie made the wrong decision in thinking it would work out or was to stubborn to show he was wrong therefore putting himself before club, either way the wrong decision has proved a very very bad one.

It is not a case of invest for me with Rod it is a case of go. We have wasted money this season on CCs signings and PF loans, both IMO could have been avoided in summer if the right course of action was taken.

PF will do bloody well to attract anyone long term while we are 11th and even some loans might think risky to be associated with a relegation if it went that way. Getting CC in first place bad error not letting him go well even worse.