PDA

View Full Version : Was it my imagination

S.sct
22-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Or was Lewis Stevenson booked twice today?

I was in the FF stand so may have got it wrong in the 1st half when I thought he was booked when going for a tackle on the byline and took out the defender. I am sure he was booked in the second half......Maybe too much of the required strong beverage.

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 12:24 AM
He wasn't booked for the first one i don't think.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2012, 12:27 AM
ref just talked to him the 1st incident

greenlex
22-01-2012, 12:31 AM
ref just talked to him the 1st incident
Yup. It was a joke too. Every right to go for the ball. Ok maybe a bit over zealous but I like the payers to be committed.:greengrin

S.sct
22-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Yup. It was a joke too. Every right to go for the ball. Ok maybe a bit over zealous but I like the payers to be committed.:greengrin

Bang on, I was berating the referee at the time bacause I thought he had booked him for it. He obviously just lifted his arm for the foul....I must get my eyes tested.

cocopops1875
22-01-2012, 06:56 AM

Agree that should never be a booking genuine attempt to play the ball not through the back or a frustrated lunge, I still think shielding a ball you are not in control of (and have no intention of touching) should be obstruction , I understand it is not though and there is probably a rule that covers this

Aritch
22-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Bang on, I was barating the referee at the time bacause I thought he had booked him for it. He obviously just lifted his arm for the foul....I must get my eyes tested.

Yeah, ref lifted his arm for the foul. It did look like he had booked him but the awful english commentator on bet365 said he'd just given him a warning.