PDA

View Full Version : Relegation is a very real possibility...

3pm
21-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Is there anyone out there who is super confident we're staying up?

Northfield Hibby
21-01-2012, 09:24 PM

Nut! Not with that defence!!! Let's forget about bringing in forwards and get the defence sorted, please!!!

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 09:26 PM

NOPE, we are really really poor

Westie1875
21-01-2012, 09:27 PM

The board seem to be, that must be the only explanation for them not taking sufficient action so far in terms of backing the manager with funds to sign the players we desperately need. Unless they wake up from their delusion pronto we are in deep deep trouble.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2012, 09:29 PM

No. Look at our next 6 games and look at Dunfermline's next 6. Those people who are all relaxed about relegation and don't think it is now a very real threat need to wake up sharpish.

The Voice Of Reason
21-01-2012, 09:36 PM

There can't be any of them left now, surely ?!?

If there are, then the following applies :-

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostr ich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Its been pretty obvious for about 2 months, but certain characters on here seemed to think it was impossible, its nearly inevitable now, we are cack!

vanNISHtelroy
21-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Think you will be catching us as we slip down the league. Defence is as bad as yours ;)

Westie1875
21-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Think you will be catching us as we slip down the league. Defence is as bad as yours ;)

You'll be happy to do a swap then yeah? :wink:

Beefster
21-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I've read, on numerous occasions, on here that we won't go down because Dunfermline are so bad and our squad is one of the best in the SPL but are just under-performing. As a result, I'm supremely relaxed.

deek1875
21-01-2012, 09:56 PM

we are the worst of a bad bunch of **** in the spl

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 09:57 PM

I highly doubt that.

vanNISHtelroy
21-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Wait til you see the Pars goals today...

hibsbollah
21-01-2012, 10:06 PM

Me. we'll be fine. Doom and Gloomers GTF :greengrin:

machibby
21-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I honestly can't remember ever having such a poor defence and unless that changes we won't win many games. That apart there's probably enough to put up some points on the board. So in answer to the question, simple unless we get a left back and two decent centre halves we are goosed.

marco1875
21-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Unless we sign at least 3 defenders and 2 midfielders, 1 of which can have a dig from distance and has a bit of technical ability, I think its very realistic that we could go down. Dunfermline have nowt to fear. They are a smaller team than us, and all their fans see as success is staying in the SPL. Anything under 4th place is a disgrace for us IMO.

ekhibee
21-01-2012, 10:16 PM
I don't think as a whole we are a poor team, but we do have, by far, the worst defence in the SPL, in my opinion anyway, and 1 of the worst Hibs defences I've ever seen, and that's saying something too, we've had a lot of really crap defenders over the years. Of course relegation is a distinct possibility, but I'm not blaming our current manager, he has to be given the opportunity to bring defenders in, or somehow persuade good or decent defenders that Hibs is the best place for them to ply their trade, because if he doesn't we are in even deeper doodoo.

SMAXXA
21-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I honestly can't remember ever having such a poor defence and unless that changes we won't win many games. That apart there's probably enough to put up some points on the board. So in answer to the question, simple unless we get a left back and two decent centre halves we are goosed.

Prior to today I would have said we would be ok, after watching that we are toiling IMO. I am also quite astonished that no one even prior to the oars game last week mentions about Dunfy having a game in hand on us aswell. They win that and we are bottom. Also I wouldnt be surprised if we are putting putting potential signings off cause they dont want to come to a team as ***** as us.

I was sitting at the game today and started thinking maybee relegation is what we need to sort the club out (I dont wish or really believe it but it came into my head), go down, clear out, build a new squad, start winning games, bringing more fans to the games cause we are winning, get promoted with a freash outlook, unified and increased attendance etc.

Ach the things you think when utterly disalusioned with your beloved football team.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Wait til you see the Pars goals today...

I'm sure they were bad goals from your defence's point of view, however I don't believe that, in general, Kilmarnock are anywhere near as bad as us when it comes to defending.

You're currently 9 points ahead of us. We'll be lucky if we pick up that many points between now and the end of the season so I don't think there's any danger that we'll be overtaking Kilmarnock any time soon.

down-the-slope
21-01-2012, 10:20 PM
we will be fine...with a SC final place to boot.................:greengrin

Falling on our erchie in the final .......Its the Hibs way :rolleyes:

hibee_girl
21-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Prior to today I would have said we would be ok, after watching that we are toiling IMO. I am also quite astonished that no one even prior to the oars game last week mentions about Dunfy having a game in hand on us aswell. They win that and we are bottom. Also I wouldnt be surprised if we are putting putting potential signings off cause they dont want to come to a team as ***** as us.

I was sitting at the game today and started thinking maybee relegation is what we need to sort the club out (I dont wish or really believe it but it came into my head), go down, clear out, build a new squad, start winning games, bringing more fans to the games cause we are winning, get promoted with a freash outlook, unified and increased attendance etc.

Ach the things you think when utterly disalusioned with your beloved football team.

That's how I feel as well, before today I was thinking we'll be ok but seeing us ship those goals so easily today and the Pars starting to pick up points (3-0 away from home!), that's worrying.

Who is their game in hand against?

SMAXXA
21-01-2012, 10:28 PM
That's how I feel as well, before today I was thinking we'll be ok but seeing us ship those goals so easily today and the Pars starting to pick up points (3-0 away from home!), that's worrying.

Who is their game in hand against?

I think its Motherwell

marco1875
21-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I think its Motherwell

Aye it is.

Spike Mandela
21-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Relegation has been a very real possibility since the dithering with Calderwood in the summer. Even then we knewour defence was weak yet we lost Dickoh and Thicot and our only addition was O'Hanlon. Complete mismanagement.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2012, 10:34 PM
If Dunfermline win their game in hand away to an off the boil Motherwell On tuesday we will be bottom of the league on Tuesday night. Dunfermline then go to Aberdeen next Saturday while we go to ibrox for an ass tanning, we could be 5 points adrift by 16:45 next Saturday afternoon.:worried:

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 10:43 PM
I think its Motherwell

It is.

On Tuesday night.

Motherwell's not won at home in the SPL since September, which is a run of five games without a win. :boo hoo:

SneakersO'Toole
21-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Anyone who doesn't think its real need only look at results for the last 18months for confirmation.

If that isn't relegation form then I don't know what is.

Frazerbob
21-01-2012, 10:45 PM
If Dunfermline win their game in hand away to an off the boil Motherwell On tuesday we will be bottom of the league on Tuesday night. Dunfermline then go to Aberdeen next Saturday while we go to ibrox for an ass tanning, we could be 5 points adrift by 16:45 next Saturday afternoon.:worried:

Only saving grace is that I really can't see Dunfermline winning 3 on the bounce. If they do, prepare for another "great adventure"!!

SMAXXA
21-01-2012, 10:48 PM
It is.

On Tuesday night.

Motherwell's not won at home in the SPL since September, which is a run of five games without a win. :boo hoo:

I didnt realise they hadnt won at home for that long FFS, mind me being the forever optamist they are due to win :greengrin, mind so are we due to win at home :confused:

Hermit Crab
21-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Only saving grace is that I really can't see Dunfermline winning 3 on the bounce. If they do, prepare for another "great adventure"!!

TBO did anybody think they would have gave killy a pumping the day?? I certainly never infact I bet they burst a few coupons today too. Having said that nobody seen us winning 0-3 at ibrox under calderwood but we did.

Craig_in_Prague
21-01-2012, 11:37 PM
BIG week or so IMO.. both with the Pars game in hand and our progress in the transfer window. I honestly felt we needed min 2 defenders, ideally 4, but it looks as if we'll be lucky to see one. The thought of relegation makes me feel sick.

HKhibby
22-01-2012, 12:12 AM

I think your right, and if we were to go down, there's always the chance you wont go straight back up again!...certainly not with that team anyway!, and yes the league position is probably putting some players off going to Hibs...knowing there is a very real chance they could find themselves in Division 1 next season, and ive said it before....and probably say it again on here and elsewhere...you may not like it and i know alot of other people wont like it!....but Fenlon is not the answer to our problems or present league position!

smurf
22-01-2012, 12:17 AM

The board hence the lack of transfer movement?

SMAXXA
22-01-2012, 09:27 AM
I think your right, and if we were to go down, there's always the chance you wont go straight back up again!...certainly not with that team anyway!, and yes the league position is probably putting some players off going to Hibs...knowing there is a very real chance they could find themselves in Division 1 next season, and ive said it before....and probably say it again on here and elsewhere...you may not like it and i know alot of other people wont like it!....but Fenlon is not the answer to our problems or present league position!

Far to early for anyone to say either way IMO, judge him after the transfer window. I like what I have seen from him and believe he is the right man for the job, no his fault we are stuck with a dire squad of hopeless players.

gobragh1875
22-01-2012, 09:56 AM
We are Hibernain Football Club we have no given right to be in the SPL if we are not good enough we will go down lets not beat about the bush this is the weakest Hibs defence iv seen in many a year.Its time for the money men to dig deep or it will be SFL and not SPL next season.

:hibees

The_Todd
22-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't think for all our gnashing of teeth Petrie or STF care which league we're playing in. STF and Petries objective was and is to keep HFC in existence, nothing more and nothing less.

If we're ticking over in SFL1 bringing in more than we pay out, Petrie and STF will be perfectly happy. That's not even a dig at them really, thats just how I see it. Survival of the club is the ambition of the board. Not great, not exciting and not good enough but there we go.

eastmainsmsh
22-01-2012, 06:52 PM
We need a Defence ,thought newcomb looked decent yesterday and Sparky looked sharp ..Osbourne another player there :agree: ....We need experience a leader at the back and someone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck in midfield beside osbourne ......3 Players id go for are if true Steven mcmanus (doubtful tho).....Stephen Hughes,Gavin Rae .....Dunfermline are limited but mcintyre has a decent signing in Mark Kerr hopefully we get players in sooner than later :pfgwa

22-01-2012, 08:24 PM
It is.

On Tuesday night.

Yep and Dunfermline will be on a high after there confidence boosting win at the weekend.

I fear the worst, if that shambles of a so called "defence" is not sorted ASAP then yes, I can definatly see us going down, with no guarentee that we will come immediatly back up!

One Day
22-01-2012, 09:24 PM

Nope, in severe danger of sinking fast

The Sea-gull
23-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Looking at the way the fixtures have panned out, it is going to be tough now but we are in a two horse race and need to avoid being detached. That said I would not say Inverness, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and St Mirren are completely safe as a bad run can drag you into it, though i do think it will ultimately be us or the Pars and TBH we are the worst two teams so whoever picks up the least points out the two of us deserves to go down.

There will be a few strange results before the end of the season. Dunfermline's win on Saturday was not exactly out with the realms of possibility but don't think many expected them to win 3-0.

There was always a chance this would happen this season, the penny has dropped at different points for all of us but surely there can't be anyone super confident of survival now.

The board have made many bad decisions in recent years but the summer fiasco with Calderwood has got to be the worst and potentially most damaging.

ahibby
23-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes relegation is a possibility and perhaps a probability. Our team just isn't good enough or experienced enough. Our main hope has to be that Dunfermline get worse results than we do because there is no sign that we will improve defensively and stop shipping soft goals.

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Well, the proof of the pudding will come after the split.

If our efforts against the 5 other bottom 6 clubs are as woefull as they were last season then we will definately be heading to the SFL.

Apart from that, it has to be said that Dunfermline showed a lot of character to go to Killie and win 3 - 0 after what must have been a huge disappointment to lose at home to us the previous week.

I still think that unless we get sorted at the back we will be in big trouble come the last quarter of the season.

:confused:

Russian Hibs Fan
23-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Still cant believe we can relegate.

--------
24-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Right now we must be favourites to go down. In fact, I'll be very surprised if we aren't relegated with a few games to spare.

Frankly, it's been coming for a while now - no vision, no direction, no motivation from the top, and an owner and directors more concerned about how neat and pretty the balance shhets look than with league placings or team performances. Buncha bloomin amateurs.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Right now we must be favourites to go down. In fact, I'll be very surprised if we aren't relegated with a few games to spare.

Frankly, it's been coming for a while now - no vision, no direction, no motivation from the top, and an owner and directors more concerned about how neat and pretty the balance shhets look than with league placings or team performances. Buncha bloomin amateurs.

No way will we go down now that we have McPake at the back and Soares in the middle! And we'll get Goodwin! And the other boys will come good- you'll see!

(Young Bobby is ten)

The_Todd
24-01-2012, 06:21 PM

The Bookies disagree, quite strongly. Dunfermline are comfortably the favourites.

Steve20
24-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Not sure with a few games to spare, but I would say we are most likely to go down this season. Allowing that clown Calderwood to start the season as manager was absolutely awful.

Lucius Apuleius
25-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Confident, but not super confident (not really sure what super confident means TBH).

RiseAbove
25-01-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm confident that we wont be relegated, i think relegation would suit Dumfermline as they are loosing money every week but i strongly believe that St Mirren will soon be dragged into the relegation zone.

allezsauzee
25-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Me...we're only 9 points off 6th place, i think we can make top 6.

--------
25-01-2012, 02:15 PM
No way will we go down now that we have McPake at the back and Soares in the middle! And we'll get Goodwin! And the other boys will come good- you'll see!

(Young Bobby is ten)

Looking at the whole sequence of fixtures from now till the split, there's really no difference between what we have coming up and what the Pars have. Both clubs have to play the OF, one home, one away; and both clubs have 4 home games and 4 away games in the 8.

So, if McPake and Soares do what they've been signed to do, I'll be a wee bit happier.

If we get Goodwin (or maybe someone else on loan?) by the end of the month, I MIGHT just concede that we can do it.

A lot depends on fitness, though, and on that wee eedjit Griffiths learning to keep his hand-signals to himself.

But as for the wider, long-term picture, Bob, I'm not happy. (As I guess you've worked out for yourself by now... :eyes:)

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Looking at the whole sequence of fixtures from now till the split, there's really no difference between what we have coming up and what the Pars have. Both clubs have to play the OF, one home, one away; and both clubs have 4 home games and 4 away games in the 8.

So, if McPake and Soares do what they've been signed to do, I'll be a wee bit happier.

If we get Goodwin (or maybe someone else on loan?) by the end of the month, I MIGHT just concede that we can do it.

A lot depends on fitness, though, and on that wee eedjit Griffiths learning to keep his hand-signals to himself.

But as for the wider, long-term picture, Bob, I'm not happy. (As I guess you've worked out for yourself by now... :eyes:)

No, it's not a great picture. I think the best we can hope for is to stay up and then face another rebuilding in the summer, followed by (yawn) another transitional season.

Spike Mandela
25-01-2012, 02:27 PM

Even if we scrape survival in 11th place there are lessons to be learnt from History Doddie. The year after we narrowly escaped relegation by beating Airdrie in the play off we failed to reverse the decline and got relegated the next season.

Something has to change fundamentally at our club to improve what is on the pitch or I can see history repeating itself.

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Even if we scrape survival in 11th place there are lessons to be learnt from History Doddie. The year after we narrowly escaped relegation by beating Airdrie in the play off we failed to reverse the decline and got relegated the next season.

Something has to change fundamentally at our club to improve what is on the pitch or I can see history repeating itself.

Fenlon is a savvy character, he's no Duffy, and he'll stabilize us if we stay up.

I think he knows the full extent of the damage down by Calderpuff on balance of playing staff, fitness, morale etc. We require major surgery.

Eyrie
25-01-2012, 08:41 PM
No, it's not a great picture. I think the best we can hope for is to stay up and then face another rebuilding in the summer, followed by (yawn) another transitional season.
Given the quality of the other teams in the SPL I don't think a transitional season is necessarily required. All it takes is a good run at the start of next season and we can spend the rest of the year at the right end of the table.