PDA

View Full Version : Managers Response

glenberviehibee
21-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Has Pat Fenlon spoken anywhere after the game? If not maybe he should be and not sending Billy Brown out although i can imagine hes peed off and not wanting to speak, but he should really be speaking

SneakersO'Toole
21-01-2012, 07:13 PM
He is probably back at his house thinking what have I let myself in for.

Sergy Pie
21-01-2012, 07:19 PM
He probably wanted to address the game with the players in the changing room ASAP given our plight. Whether its a bollocking or a different approach is anyone's guess. He's probably still in there with them.

Im sure he will be able to get us out of trouble but whether he gets support in what he needs to do is another matter.

stanton10
21-01-2012, 07:25 PM
He probably wanted to address the game with the players in the changing room ASAP given our plight. Whether its a bollocking or a different approach is anyone's guess. He's probably still in there with them.

Im sure he will be able to get us out of trouble but whether he gets support in what he needs to do is another matter.

I wish i was as confident as you ,he sighns a right back and plays him in the midfield worrying

Sylar
21-01-2012, 07:27 PM
His response shouldn't be what he says to the press. It should be his actions between now and the end of the transfer window and ultimately, season.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Has Pat Fenlon spoken anywhere after the game? If not maybe he should be and not sending Billy Brown out although i can imagine hes peed off and not wanting to speak, but he should really be speaking

Maybe he was utterly hacked off at our amateur performance, and would be unable to keep a lid on his anger, I know I would be seething with all players bar a few if I was PF

Sergy Pie
21-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I wish i was as confident as you ,he sighns a right back and plays him in the midfield worrying

I see your point but we don't see the players everyday and get an idea of whats probably best for the game based on various factors. He's new to the club and will probably make more mistakes in the line up than we're comfortable with but we have to trust him. There's no other alternative at this point.

I get worried when managers keep persisting with the same bizarre decisions each week. let's hope he doesn't go down that road.

edwards
21-01-2012, 07:40 PM
If I had been in Paddy,s shoes I would have let Billy take the after match interview while I would have been on the blower to every agent I could get my hands on to get a couple of central defenders in asap. :wink:

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2012, 08:15 PM

Behave yourself mate. I'm guessing you weren't at Dunfy last week?

The lad came on and looked very strong in an attacking role.

You'd have slaughtered the manager if he played him at right back today and we'd got beaten. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Calderclown signed a midfielder in towel then played him midfield or not at all. Dublin knows we need a right back, signs him then plays him midfield. why sign players for the positions we are weak in, then play them elsewhere?

Northfield Hibby
21-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Behave yourself mate. I'm guessing you weren't at Dunfy last week?

The lad came on and looked very strong in an attacking role.

You'd have slaughtered the manager if he played him at right back today and we'd got beaten. :rolleyes:

Eh! He came on for the last 15 mins did he not? I'd like to think he'd be fit enough to play 15 mins.

He looked off the pace today, which is what we don't need. We need players to be up to the pace of the game now.

This is not a criticism of him, obviously give him time, but we need players that can hit the ground running and will make a difference. Tell you what though, I wont hold my breath!!!

down-the-slope
21-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Anything from PF :confused:

Am I reading too much into BB doing Beeb after match? PF has done them all since his arrival...was he too annoyed? was he worried he would same something he would regret...

Could he conceivably be about to chuck it :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Calderclown signed a midfielder in towel then played him midfield or not at all. Dublin knows we need a right back, signs him then plays him midfield. why sign players for the positions we are weak in, then play them elsewhere?

I dont understand why Francomb played in midfield either, Hart is not the answer at full back, baffling stuff indeed

Broken Gnome
21-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes. Yes you are.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Eh! He came on for the last 15 mins did he not? I'd like to think he'd be fit enough to play 15 mins.

He looked off the pace today, which is what we don't need. We need players to be up to the pace of the game now.

This is not a criticism of him, obviously give him time, but we need players that can hit the ground running and will make a difference. Tell you what though, I wont hold my breath!!!

Yes, he did come on for the last 15 mins or so. What has that got to do with it? My point was when he came on at Dunfy he looked like a bit of a player. Particularly in the last third. Which was refreshing to see.

He looked athletic, strong, skillful, intelligent. Gave us something extra.

Everyone looked off the pace today.

J-C
21-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Listening to BB, he literally said without actually saying it that the whole defense was gash and needs replacing, amazing that CC who was a Scottish international has left us with such a poor bunch of defenders. Hart past it.....Stephens still a rookie......Hanlon never big enough to be a CH ......O'Hanlon, well just crap.......and Booth a decent left midfield at best but never a full back in a million years.

down-the-slope
21-01-2012, 08:34 PM
sorry Mods :aok: didn't see managers response thread...which is on same theme...feel free to move

ScottB
21-01-2012, 08:35 PM

I'd rather he was in the dressing room screaming at useless players than offering pointless statements to the media.

For whatever it's worth, Brown clearly conveyed the attitude the management have for today's showing, so I don't see the problem.

Northfield Hibby
21-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Yes, he did come on for the last 15 mins or so. What has that got to do with it? My point was when he came on at Dunfy he looked like a bit of a player. Particularly in the last third. Which was refreshing to see.

He looked athletic, strong, skillful, intelligent. Gave us something extra.

Everyone looked off the pace today.

Your point was about Francombe, hence the reason I mentioned him. He didn't do anything worth while during the game, his first touch wasn't great and he was subbed early first half. The point I'm making is we need players that can fit into the side right away, not players that are not ready yet.

I know what everyone else can bring to the side, which isn't much, so I was hoping that Francombe would hit the ground running. It's obvious that he needs games, and that's not what we need!!!

The worrying thing also is that Fenlon's other signing Doyle started on the bench. Again we need players to start right away, not on the bench!

ScottB
21-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Listening to BB, he literally said without actually saying it that the whole defense was gash and needs replacing, amazing that CC who was a Scottish international has left us with such a poor bunch of defenders. Hart past it.....Stephens still a rookie......Hanlon never big enough to be a CH ......O'Hanlon, well just crap.......and Booth a decent left midfield at best but never a full back in a million years.

Weirdly, CC, Hughes and to an extent Mowbray all had some pretty shocking defences despite spending their careers as defenders!

dp00
21-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I was told the players were still in changing room 45mins after the game... Maybe pat way laying into the player :/

Feed McGraw
21-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Weirdly, CC, Hughes and to an extent Mowbray all had some pretty shocking defences despite spending their careers as defenders!

It is amazing, we used to have the worst goalies in the country, now it`s the worst back four.

Mikey
21-01-2012, 08:46 PM

You really don't like him, do you :greengrin

At The Edge
21-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Just watched BB on Hibs telly, if he sounded seething on the radio, he looks like he wants to kick the s*** out of someone in the interview.
If Pats in he same mood then the players will be get shot blasted in the dressing room

spike220
21-01-2012, 08:53 PM
PF would be spitting blood, that is why he didnt do the interview.

I think that was the death knell for our back 4 partnerships save booth, and Hanlon a place on the bench.

I'd rather see a completely new back four.

I dont think PF is the type of guy to suffer this defence too much longer, we simply cant score 3 goals to win a match. We should have won this 2-0 or 2-1 worst case. Our defence cost us today. But we will rise up to the fight!!!

Hibs till I die.

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
21-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Maybe he was utterly hacked off at our amateur performance, and would be unable to keep a lid on his anger, I know I would be seething with all players bar a few if I was PF

I don't think he's got the Henry halls to go mental at them mate.

Nelly070
21-01-2012, 10:06 PM

And how would you know that ??

Jonnyboy
21-01-2012, 10:09 PM

Bizarre thing to say when it's pretty common knowledge that he might be wee but you don't mess with him

scuttle
21-01-2012, 10:14 PM
He can lock them in the dressing room, slaughter them , beat them up but they will still be sh*** and there is nobody else to play at the back. Maybe he should hypnotise them into thinking they are Puyol Terry Vidic etc as nothing else is working and it looks like nobody else wants to come to us

Pedantic_Hibee
21-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Just watched BB on HTV and listened to his post-match interview on BBC Sport. He looks like someone's just sh*t in his kettle and I don't blame him. He was effin' raging!!

Today's result, and more pertinently the performance, has as been said above, signalled the end of a few players careers in green and white unless they buck up their ideas pronto.

To win two games and show resilience in those games (minus the quality which is evidently lacking) would have boosted Fenlon and the backroom staff's thoughts on the current squad. To go out today and launch us back to square one with a defensively inept performance will have enraged them more today than it would had we lost the previous two games.

They showed in the past two games that they could dig out a result. Today, through sheer lack of anticipation, concentration and resilience (and of course the obligatory lack of quality) they've gone and undone the work of the past two games.

Awful, just f******g awful, Hibs.

Petrie, Lindsay, Farmer, whoever; barge into wee Paddy's office first thing on Monday morning with a blank piece of paper and a pen and let him write down who he wants. Once he's done that, walk out his office, back into your own and pick up the phone. And do not hang up until you've secured verbal agreements to sign those players. Once you've done that, get in your company car and get their signature on the dotted f*****g line.

I watched the game today and it was powderpuff. There was glimpses of quality and a fair bit of effort but there was no shape, no cohesion, no anticipation, no awareness, no real sign of unity or same-song-sheet-singing. Just 11 players desperately huffing and puffing and hoping someone would bail them out. Not. F******g. Good. Enough.

Get two, yes two, centre-backs in, get a left-back in, play Francomb at right back. There's your defence sorted. Once you've done that, bring in Jim Goodwin to sit in front of the back four with Stevenson which will release Osbourne to do his thing with the shackles off him defensively which hampers his all-round game. Once you've done that, procure one, possibly even two wingers who actually do what wingers f******g do. And that's hugging the touchline, demanding the ball and once they've got it actually doing something with it. Once you've done that, sit Gary O'f*****gConnor down and tell him in no uncertain terms that if he wants to be remembered as a footballer he'd better sort his sh*t out and stop floundering around the park displaying the first touch of a sex offender and actually show everyone week in, week out what he's undoubtedly got in his armoury. If he stares at the ceiling during this dressing down or goes against your ultimatum, punt him and bring in an all-action striker who gets an erection at the mere thought of ragging two hoofing centre-backs around the pitch for 90 minutes to allow Griffiths and Doyle to exploit the gaps.

Once you've done that, tell them to stop using East Mains as a f*****g leisure centre and explain to them clearly what it means to not only be a professional footballer but to what it means to play for Hibs.

This club is on the precipice now. Everything is in place, is it asking too much to have a core squad who would snap their granny's cruciate if it meant picking up points on a regular basis?

Take no prisoners, pull no punches and drag this club upwards.

Over to you, Hibernian employees.

harpo
21-01-2012, 10:35 PM

whos dublin ?

HKhibby
21-01-2012, 10:35 PM

agreed, i wish i could still be confident in him! but things are beginning to look worrying to say the least!

Pedantic_Hibee
21-01-2012, 10:36 PM
agreed, i wish i could still be confident in him! but things are beginning to look worrying to say the least!

Fenlon is not the problem. Not by a long-shot.

smurf
21-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Just watched BB on HTV and listened to his post-match interview on BBC Sport. He looks like someone's just sh*t in his kettle and I don't blame him. He was effin' raging!!

Today's result, and more pertinently the performance, has as been said above, signalled the end of a few players careers in green and white unless they buck up their ideas pronto.

To win two games and show resilience in those games (minus the quality which is evidently lacking) would have boosted Fenlon and the backroom staff's thoughts on the current squad. To go out today and launch us back to square one with a defensively inept performance will have enraged them more today than it would had we lost the previous two games.

They showed in the past two games that they could dig out a result. Today, through sheer lack of anticipation, concentration and resilience (and of course the obligatory lack of quality) they've gone and undone the work of the past two games.

Petrie, Lindsay, Farmer, whoever; barge into wee Paddy's office first thing on Monday morning with a blank piece of paper and a pen and let him write down who he wants. Once he's done that, walk out his office, back into your own and pick up the phone. And do not hang up until you've secured verbal agreements to sign those players. Once you've done that, get in your company car and get their signature on the dotted f*****g line.

I watched the game today and it was powderpuff. There was glimpses of quality and a fair bit of effort but there was no shape, no cohesion, no anticipation, no awareness, no real sign of unity or same-song-sheet-singing. Just 11 players desperately huffing and puffing and hoping someone would bail them out. Not. F******g. Good. Enough.

Get two, yes two, centre-backs in, get a left-back in, play Francomb at right back. There's your defence sorted. Once you've done that, bring in Jim Goodwin to sit in front of the back four with Stevenson which will release Osbourne to do his thing with the shackles off him defensively which hampers his all-round game. Once you've done that, procure one, possibly even two wingers who actually do what wingers f******g do. And that's hugging the touchline, demanding the ball and once they've got it actually doing something with it. Once you've done that, sit Gary O'f*****gConnor down and tell him in no uncertain terms that if he wants to be remembered as a footballer he'd better sort his sh*t out and stop floundering around the park displaying the first touch of a sex offender and actually show everyone week in, week out what he's undoubtedly got in his armoury. If he stares at the ceiling during this dressing down or goes against your ultimatum, punt him and bring in an all-action striker who gets an erection at the mere thought of ragging two hoofing centre-backs around the pitch for 90 minutes to allow Griffiths and Doyle to exploit the gaps.

Once you've done that, tell them to stop using East Mains as a f*****g leisure centre and explain to them clearly what it means to not only be a professional footballer but to what it means to play for Hibs.

This club is on the precipice now. Everything is in place, is it asking too much to have a core squad who would snap their granny's cruciate if it meant picking up points on a regular basis?

Well said.

ScottB
22-01-2012, 01:43 AM

This is a manager who at Bohemians punted a player out the club for talking back to him once during training.

Make no mistake, those huddies will have been slaughtered. Not that it will make a damn bit of difference, they show no signs of giving a crap on the pitch, I can't imagine they'll give much more of a crap in the dressing room, other than it delaying their post match pints of course.

HibeeMG
22-01-2012, 02:06 AM

Nail. Hit. Head. :top marks

In fact, I'd be tempted to email that to the club so they can adopt it as their mission statement for the rest of the season!

spike220
22-01-2012, 06:27 AM

I agree and I think this is what PF is trying to do, but I think he will be struggling to attract good quality players given our league position.

Hibs till I Die.

GGTTH

stokesmessiah
22-01-2012, 06:49 AM

Pedantic, probably one of the best posts I have ever read on :hnet:

:top marks

Beefster
22-01-2012, 07:00 AM
I agree and I think this is what PF is trying to do, but I think he will be struggling to attract good quality players given our league position.

I don't buy that. With the right money and demonstration of ambition (i.e. being able to say that we're also [trying to] signing x, y and z), players would come. There are more fundamental problems with our player recruitment than current league position.

Hibs07p
22-01-2012, 07:13 AM

Don't sit on the fence FFS, say what you mean. :thumbsup:

Matty_Jack04
22-01-2012, 07:38 AM

Our midfield is bad enough without having 2 lightweight wingers who won't track back in it ( galbraith & sproule) its also been said our back 4 was far too young and inexperienced francombe would have added to that problem.
Folk on here where saying how good he looked going forward last week asking if he was RB or RM other folk have been suggesting booth be moved to left mid....francombe certainly looked more of a midfielder than booth does.

Sometimes people can't win no matter what they try, you can only piss with the c**k you've got

N.Wales Hibby
22-01-2012, 07:41 AM

Brilliant post. Summed it up.:top marks

marinello59
22-01-2012, 08:04 AM
A brilliant post by Pedantic_Hibee. Passionate, well thought out and right on so many points.

cad
22-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Hits the spot Pedantic ,all the bases covered great post ,come a week on Tuesday it will all be laid out in front of us what Hibs are all about , finance , ambition , survival , the boards handling of our situation .
I hope Pat has a bit of luck in the transfer market and we give ourselves at least a chance to sort this debacle out , but if money is tight I think we could be in all sorts .

hibbiedon
22-01-2012, 08:31 AM
I was told the players were still in changing room 45mins after the game... Maybe pat way laying into the player :/

Pat was not there, he left the groung after the match

HFC 0-7
22-01-2012, 08:36 AM
This is a manager who at Bohemians punted a player out the club for talking back to him once during training.

Make no mistake, those huddies will have been slaughtered. Not that it will make a damn bit of difference, they show no signs of giving a crap on the pitch, I can't imagine they'll give much more of a crap in the dressing room, other than it delaying their post match pints of course.

Problem that Fenlon has is it may not be his choice on punting a player, its probably the boards. Secondly, the alarming lack of players coming in with fenlon admitting its difficult to get players may mean he simply cant punt players. He may have the balls but he might not be able to do anything about it at the moment.

HFC 0-7
22-01-2012, 08:37 AM

What? he left the ground straight after the match? doubt it.

Spike Mandela
22-01-2012, 08:41 AM

Yeah, nine days left to sort out the years of mismanagement and playing squad neglect. That's really gonna happen. We're a busted flush.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2012, 08:52 AM
If we don't stop shipping goals we will go down. Simple as. To stop shipping goals we need two central defenders and a DM to sit in front ans sweep and protect. I would have said that was non negociable and that is what the manager HAS to demand. I don't want to hear about budgets that are comparable to other clubs, and money being there or whatever. Down to specifics and nitty gritty. If these players don't come in, because the management team have elected to work with what we have, and then strengthen other parts of the team, I think that would put them under a lot of pressure.

whereswallace?
22-01-2012, 08:59 AM

Easily the single best post iv ever read on here, summed up exactly the way i feel right now. Wanted to write something last night but was just too angry and pissed off to even contemplate putting something together. Get this emailed to the club. :top marks

hibbiedon
22-01-2012, 09:08 AM
What? he left the ground straight after the match? doubt it.

FACT! not second hand gossip, i dont know the reason

Eyrie
22-01-2012, 09:22 AM
If we don't stop shipping goals we will go down. Simple as. To stop shipping goals we need two central defenders and a DM to sit in front ans sweep and protect. I would have said that was non negociable and that is what the manager HAS to demand. I don't want to hear about budgets that are comparable to other clubs, and money being there or whatever. Down to specifics and nitty gritty. If these players don't come in, because the management team have elected to work with what we have, and then strengthen other parts of the team, I think that would put them under a lot of pressure.
I think it's more that every position in the team needs strengthened, and it's just that Doyle and Francomb were the first two in. We know that we were chasing McPake (maybe still are) so the defence is not being neglected. It's simply that we haven't agreed terms with anyone.

Let's hope we get good news on that front during the next few days.

Pete70
22-01-2012, 10:57 AM
1. Originally Posted by dp00

Fenlon left the ground in a hurry with Scott Thomson at about 5pm yesterday. Players stared leaving about 15 minutes later. Griffiths was first out as he went to do the sponsors thing. Witness by myself who was in the West stand reception at the time.

The_Todd
22-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Fenlon left the ground in a hurry with Scott Thomson at about 5pm yesterday. Players stared leaving about 15 minutes later. Griffiths was first out as he went to do the sponsors thing. Witness by myself who was in the West stand reception at the time.

Good. Hopefully off to get back to work on signings, no point wasting his breath on those wasters.

down the slope
22-01-2012, 11:58 AM
He is probably away hame to see if there is a get out clause in his contract !.

WeAreHibs
22-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Nail. Hit. Head. :top marks

In fact, I'd be tempted to email that to the club so they can adopt it as their mission statement for the rest of the season!

Just what I was thinking!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using TapAtalk

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2012, 12:45 PM
whos dublin ?

Mobile predictive text :greengrin, should have said Fenlon. It also should have said Towell is a midfielder but was played as a full back to begin with. Why cant we just sign a right back and then play him right back, but make sure he's better than what we already have.

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Mobile predictive text :greengrin, should have said Fenlon. It also should have said Towell is a midfielder but was played as a full back to begin with. Why cant we just sign a right back and then play him right back, but make sure he's better than what we already have.You mean re-sign David Van Zanten? :wink:

BoltonHibee
22-01-2012, 01:06 PM
You mean re-sign David Van Zanten? :wink:

Unfortunately he would walk into our side and be 1st pick!

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2012, 01:09 PM
You mean re-sign David Van Zanten? :wink:

:greengrin No i did say better than what we already have, **** he is :boo hoo:

andy1875
22-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Take a bow Pedantic Hibee, a superb post.

There has been a lot of low points with Hibs recently (more than normal) but last night was as angry and deflated as I've ever been as a Hibs fan. Realisation IMO at just how bad we are has sunk in.

All of your points helped with my frustrations to know others feel exactly how I feel. I suggest every Hibby reads your post.

Cheers

Peed off Andy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2012, 01:25 PM
come a week on Tuesday it will all be laid out in front of us what Hibs are all about , finance , ambition , survival , the boards handling of our situation .

I hate to say it, I don't think the club as a whole has got it within them to get out of the mire.
Something stinks within the club, don't know what though!