PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts.

SouthEnglandHib
21-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Arriving into Edinburgh at 12.15 and then hitting Riley's snooker/pool club was good, got a membership and there should be some about in London too!

I stood in the East, and everything was fairly quiet, until they scored, encourage the team, not boo them, it'll make it worse!
The game wasn't too bad, seeing some glimpses of good attractive football, creating good chances and never really thought we were out of the game at all.
Overall unlucky to lose 3-2 in the end and Dunfermline win 3-0 adds on the pressure.
From what I saw today, I think you'll be fine, may be get Murphy on loan as another striking option.

Very enjoyable day despite result, can't wait to come again.
On train home now, since 5.30, haven't got very far (York).
See all/some of you at Hearts march 18th.

MSK
21-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Arriving into Edinburgh at 12.15 and then hitting Riley's snooker/pool club was good, got a membership and there should be some about in London too!

I stood in the East, and everything was fairly quiet, until they scored, encourage the team, not boo them, it'll make it worse!
The game wasn't too bad, seeing some glimpses of good attractive football, creating good chances and never really thought we were out of the game at all.
Overall unlucky to lose 3-2 in the end and Dunfermline win 3-0 adds on the pressure.
From what I saw today, I think you'll be fine, may be get Murphy on loan as another striking option.

See all/some of you at Hearts march 18th.Your a glutton for punishment aint ye ...:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 08:28 PM

See all/some of you at Hearts march 18th.

I wish I shared your optimism...........

SouthEnglandHib
21-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I wish I shared your optimism...........

You see them every week, I only see TV games or highlights,
Or the few times up in a season and today was my first,

From what I saw today you have enough to stay up

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Sitting at Preston station waiting for my connection. Thought we were poor, could have taken a real beating today. We desperately need a back 4 plus some creativity in midfield. And O'Connor can leave for whoever he likes as far as I'm concerned. We are a mess, and Pat needs a miracle with this crap.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Sitting at Preston station waiting for my connection. Thought we were poor, could have taken a real beating today. We desperately need a back 4 plus some creativity in midfield. And O'Connor can leave for whoever he likes as far as I'm concerned. We are a mess, and Pat needs a miracle with this crap.

Agreed, we are in a right sorry state

LancashireHibby
21-01-2012, 09:24 PM

Take it you got the earlier train down south, Gary?

Really neat build up and finish from Booth but it's no good having a back four that can't concentrate for 90 minutes (not singling Booth out for that btw). The way Sandaza was allowed to turn on the edge of the box was a shambles.

IberianHibernian
21-01-2012, 11:39 PM
It`s good to get an outsider`s opinion of team since many regulars have made their minds up about players before matches start . I`ve watched a few of the recent matches ( Rangers , Aberdeen and Hearts ) on Spanish channel Gol TV with a Spanish and English commentator neither of whom know much about Hibs or Scottish football but who were quick to praise players like Galbraith or Griffiths because they had some creativity . Everyone knows the team isn`t great but we don`t suddenly have 11 players worse than we had 2 , 3 or 10 years ago but lack a leader on park ( has been case since Sauzee left ) and have a lot of players lacking in confidence . Challenge for manager now is to find a couple of players who`ll improve quality of team and give others enough confidence to improve performances enough to keep us in SPL for another year and to get best out of players we have at present .