PDA

View Full Version : We are relying on young boys for SPL survival!!!

SneakersO'Toole
21-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Look at the Hibs team that finished on the park at full time whistle today.

Booth, Hanlon, Stephens, Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Galbraith, Griffiths, Doyle. The list goes on...

Are only so-called experienced pros in Sproule and O'Connor are pathetically unfit, show zero leadership and contribute very little. Don't even get me started on Hart.

Our squad has absolutely no leadership and backbone, and the lack of concentration shown as well as basic mistakes continually made by the youngsters in criminal.

What is the answer? Fenlon says he wants experienced players to supplement the squad but here we are 21 days into the window and we are no further forward. Is it becuase we can't attract the right calibre of player or a lack of budget to entice these types of players at this notoriously hard transfer window stage. I find it very hard to believe that if given sufficient budget, experienced pros can't be found. Fenlon, Brown and O'Brien have all been in the game a long time, they should know where to look.

Either way, something has to change DRAMATICALLY in the next 10days or we will continue to see these types of performances.Our current transfer policy is not working, we need radical action immediately. I can't believe that after 2 years of absolute dross, glaring weaknesses being exposed week in, week out and we have still nowhere close to rectifing problem areas. This will ultimately be the cause of our demise.

RIP
22-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Give one good reason why you think a reputable pro would come to a relegation - threatened club.

Craig_in_Prague
22-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Give one good reason why you think a reputable pro would come to a relegation - threatened club.

1. More money than he currently gets
2. 1st team football
3. Nice leisure centre to attend each day

seanshow
22-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Speculate to accumulate, more like Spend to survive this is serious ****, Petrie needs to empty the biscuit tin and get in touch with some loan shark's ....whatever it takes to Bring in two quality defenders.
I agree with the OP, Stephens, Hanlon, Booth should be squad players learning their trade behind the scenes not in the first team.

EasterRoad4Ever
22-01-2012, 09:19 AM

Money.

Eyrie
22-01-2012, 10:09 AM
If he believes that we will stay up, then given the nature of the SPL and several other good signings there is no reason why we should not be at the right end of the table next season.

The biggest problem is convincing the signing target that we will stay up.

Spike Mandela
22-01-2012, 10:22 AM

The situation is so desperate that I really think you need to offer them a clause in their contract releasing them to move to another club should we be relegated.

basehibby
22-01-2012, 12:43 PM

I'll Give you three.....

Money
Relegation Release Clause
To play regular football

....the foremost of these is money - if the wages are right they will come.

down the slope
22-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Did we not get Le god and Latapy when we were in the 1st div ?, players will come for cash regardless of what div we are in , the answer is simple but unfortunately so is RP so there is no chance !.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I'll Give you three.....

Money
Relegation Release Clause
To play regular football

....the foremost of these is money - if the wages are right they will come.

too right they will :agree: