PDA

View Full Version : The Scottish Cup does anyone ....................

Sammy7nil
21-01-2012, 07:08 PM
The Scottish Cup

Does anyone else think we are soooooooooo bad we are destined for a freak run in the cup and will finally lift the trophy this year ?

NAH Me neither :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-01-2012, 07:19 PM
I said this in jest last year as well.

It would be just so Hibs that some of the fine teams to have gone before couldn't do it then this sorry shower go all the way.

However I'm a realist and if Hibs win the Scottish Cup this year I will happily do any forfeit that could be suggested.

givescotlandfreedom
21-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Like Dunfermline getting to the final when they got relegated in 2007 despite getting nigh on the toughest cup run they could get.

shamo9
21-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I can already envisage the countless threads fiercely debating ad nusueum whether Michael Hart should be classed as a Hibs legend.

Alfred E Newman
21-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Like Dunfermline getting to the final when they got relegated in 2007 despite getting nigh on the toughest cup run they could get.

But they got us in the semi. :dunno:

Bostonhibby
21-01-2012, 07:31 PM
The Scottish Cup

Does anyone else think we are soooooooooo bad we are destined for a freak run in the cup and will finally lift the trophy this year ?

NAH Me neither :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

What a question:thumbsup:I'm old enought to remember when we were the team the freaks had to beat to win the cup, and they usually did!
Going to a major birthday piss up in 5 minutes - theres 3 free barrels courtesy of our local landlord, and so few of us to tackle them.

I will consider my reply whilst trying to make the best dent in the beer supply I can - I will be thinking about Hibs and our chances of winning the cup or even a game at ER this season and will post whatever I conclude when I fall through the door / wake up.

Bishop Hibee
21-01-2012, 07:34 PM
If an awful Dunfermline can beat Killie then so can we. One step at a time :greengrin

heidtheba
21-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I said this in jest last year as well.

It would be just so Hibs that some of the fine teams to have gone before couldn't do it then this sorry shower go all the way.

However I'm a realist and if Hibs win the Scottish Cup this year I will happily do any forfeit that could be suggested.

I think we all would...are there enough baths (and beans) in Edinburgh for that? We should be told...

givescotlandfreedom
21-01-2012, 07:47 PM
[/B]

But they got us in the semi. :dunno:

We were the League Cup Winners then :smug:

monktonharp
21-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Killie will soon be so demoralised , when after getting pumped by the Pars,they go on to get beat by their hated neighbours in the LC semi. then they come to ER ,we empty them and go all the way this year, having suddenly found a bit of grit and took a point at Ibrox:greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 08:51 PM
There is no way that this current Hibs side will win the Scottish Cup.

I'd be shocked if we manage to get past Kilmarnock.

BEEJ
21-01-2012, 08:53 PM
In response to the OP ...

... not a chance!

A Cup run would probably represent an unwelcome distraction now, anyway.

vanNISHtelroy
21-01-2012, 09:48 PM
If an awful Dunfermline can beat Killie then so can we. One step at a time :greengrin

The way we (and our centre backs) are playing the now anyone could give us a doing! Could see a high scoring game if both out defences stay playing as they are.

Jamesie
21-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Would you accept relegation for a Scottish cup win? I'd bite your hand off.

Paisley Hibby
21-01-2012, 10:12 PM

Me too!

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 10:12 PM

Not for me, no guarantees if we are relegated that we would come straight back up...........

Hermit Crab
21-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Not for me, no guarantees if we are relegated that we would come straight back up...........If we went down we don't have right to come straight back up. We'd have to fight it out with the rest of the league. At the moment I'd definitely take winning the cup if it meant relegation. Winning the cup is all pie in the sky pish anyway, because at the moment this lot couldn't win a raffle never mind a cup. :rolleyes:

IberianHibernian
21-01-2012, 10:37 PM
When we were relegated in 1980 we got to the SC semi ( 0v5 against Celtic with George Best in our team ) . A bad way to end run but certainly helped to distract from league form and must have helped financially too ( 50000 at Hampden for that semi ) . Apart from Motherwell we don`t have any midweek games so cup games shouldn`t affect league form and if Killie are struggling too a win against them might boost our confidence and lower theirs for league too ( clutching at straws here ) . I`d certainly take winning the cup with relegation since we`d probably be back in SPL ( on merits or by league reconstruction ) very soon and never get the champers out when we finish 3rd anyway .

SneakersO'Toole
21-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I'll take SPL survival over the Scottish Cup any day of the week.

We've waited this long anyway...

franco
21-01-2012, 10:49 PM
If we went down we don't have right to come straight back up. We'd have to fight it out with the rest of the league. At the moment I'd definitely take winning the cup if it meant relegation. Winning the cup is all pie in the sky pish anyway, because at the moment this lot couldn't win a raffle never mind a cup. :rolleyes:

First laugh ive had all day cheers mate sad but very true

Hermit Crab
21-01-2012, 10:59 PM
First laugh ive had all day cheers mate sad but very true

Haha and I've not even had a bevy tonight either. Seriously winning the cup with this mob? If that happens I would happily do something embarrassing that I haven't even thought of yet!!!

Sammy7nil
21-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Would accept a 0 - 8 defeat from Hearts on New Years day for a cup win ? that is a better question

scuttle
21-01-2012, 11:23 PM
The only cup we are likely to win will be the Challenge ,alba b&q cup whatever its called

Steve-O
21-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Is it not fair to say that cup celebrations would be dampened somewhat in the knowledge we'd been relegated the previous week?!

Jamesie
21-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Is it not fair to say that cup celebrations would be dampened somewhat in the knowledge we'd been relegated the previous week?!

I think relegation would quickly be forgotten. If that's what it takes for us to win the cup I'm all for it! :greengrin

Sammy7nil
21-01-2012, 11:30 PM

Nope I think it would almost make the win sweeter.

I have seen Hibs relegated twice and finsh bottom another time saved by reconstruction I aint seen a Real cup win something I would like whilst I am still young enough to celebrate.

Steve-O
21-01-2012, 11:37 PM
I think relegation would quickly be forgotten. If that's what it takes for us to win the cup I'm all for it! :greengrin

Forgotten only for 6 weeks, then the cup would be forgotten as made our way to Ayr, Greenock etc!

Would obviously love to win it but would find it difficult to see the players as 'heroes' when they'd been utter pish all season long!

Bostonhibby
22-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Nah

But I would like to see it happen for my kids :wink: but as a few have posted already, if we freaked it I would have a job squaring it away in my heid to make any of this lot "heroes" when I look back on the efforts of the team of 79, for example.

The Green Goblin
22-01-2012, 08:26 AM
SPL survival for me, every time. Are the folks on here saying they would take relegation plus a SC win being serious? Genuine question. I just can't understand that.