PDA

View Full Version : Ratings

Hibby Bairn
21-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Give it a bash!

Brown - 8 - kept us in the game at 1-0
Hart - 7 - best game I've seen him play
Booth - 6 - excellent going forward, great goal, poor defensively but then nae help from Sproule
Hanlon - 7 - thought he had a good game overall
Stephens - 5 - did OK but marked down for the 2nd goal...WTF!
Francombe - 4 - off the pace, hopefully will get better!
Osbourne - 5 - not in the game enough esp. 2nd half...looked knackered
Stevenson - 5 see Osbourne
Sproule - 2 - WTF!
O'Connor - 2- WTF!
Griffiths - 8 - irritating little *******..fell out the game a bit 2nd half though

Doyle, Wotherspoon and Galbraith...6...5...6

I can see overall improvements. But defence is very young and inexperienced. That is what is costing us goals..and today points. Having said that just clear your lines man!

Broken Gnome
21-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Brown, Booth for the goal, Osborne, Griffiths = pass marks.

The rest - Stephens, Sproule and O'Connor in particular - all symbolic of what is going wrong at the moment; pthers saying Hart had a good game but I;m too blinded by the moments of his that were pull-your-hair-out maddening. Decent sub contributions as well I guess.

Elephant Stone
21-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Brown- 7

Booth- 6
Hanlon- 5
Stephens- 1
Hart- 6

Sproule- 2
Osbourne- 4
Stevenson- 4
Francomb- 2

O'Connor- 3
Griffiths- 8/9

Albion Hibs
21-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Brown - 8 - Good saving before half time, came off his line and a couple of good one on one saves, kept us in with a chance.

Hart - 6 - Would have been a 7 perhaps more, was excellent defensively in the first half, unfortunatly he seems to have a habbit of crap defensive headers in the last ten mins, todays one led to the third.

Booth - 7 - Was excellent going forward, some really good passing and a great goal. Defensively not good, but can take away from him today.

Hanlon - 5 - From what I saw he left the ball for the second before Stephens did, pinned for the third (or maybe it was stephens), all in all pretty poor.

Stephens - 4 - Did well in the first half but was equally as responsible for the second as Hanlon. Always seems to want to let the ball bounce, which is a product of being poor in the air generally for someone of his size.

Francombe - 5 - His level of fitness was telling but a decent first half for his first start.

Osbourne - 6 - Tried and worked hard but needs to be making passes further up the pitch.

Stevenson - 5 - Again worked very hard, cant help but feel he was over compenstating for the lazy CF's for their first goal by chasing down and the boy Croft seemed only to delighted to come into the middle and charge at the CH unopposed.

Sproule - 4 - Has to do a fair bit of defensive work with booth behind him which I dont think helps, a decent shot in the first.

O'Connor - 4 - There is no doubt he is a great finished but his general play is horrific. They need to find a better system if we want the best out of him.

Griffiths - 8 - Great performance, sad to see him taking stick for poor corners, I am sure he is taking that role as a result of no one else having the ability, you can be sure he would much rather be in the box that taking a corner.

Doyle - 4 - A couple of decent touches a looked lively
Wotherspoon 3 - cant believe this guy has made almost 100 appearance for hibs.
Galbraith 4 - For someone who is supposed to have pace I cant understand why he never wants to take on a defender.

For the neutral it was a good game. For a hibs fan so frustrating that some of our defenders / team as a whole lack concentration, especially when defending, we were poor for a period of the 2nd half and it got them into the game. In the first half I thought we were the better team and unlucky to be down. Both teams created plenty of chances, but Brown was, after 90 mins the busier of the keepers. I thought we were going to steel a point maybe even a win but we dont do anything to help ourselves.

I really hope we sign another decent midfielder, we need one that is willing to take the ball and play with the ball further up the field, beyond our oppositions midfield, not pass wide and around within our own half.

ekhibee
21-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Give it a bash!

Booth - 6 - excellent going forward, great goal, poor defensively but then nae help from Sproule
Sproule - 2 - WTF!
O'Connor - 2- WTF!
Griffiths - 8 - irritating little *******..fell out the game a bit 2nd half though

I can see overall improvements. But defence is very young and inexperienced. That is what is costing us goals..and today points. Having said that just clear your lines man!
You're having a laugh- Hanlon 7? I dunno, I must be getting old and decrepit, but I thought he was awful, just as he has been for most of this season and last season. I suppose at least he's consistent- consistently crap that is.

truehibernian
21-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Brown - 8 - Good saving before half time, came off his line and a couple of good one on one saves, kept us in with a chance.

Hart - 6 - Would have been a 7 perhaps more, was excellent defensively in the first half, unfortunatly he seems to have a habbit of crap defensive headers in the last ten mins, todays one led to the third.

Booth - 7 - Was excellent going forward, some really good passing and a great goal. Defensively not good, but can take away from him today.

Hanlon - 5 - From what I saw he left the ball for the second before Stephens did, pinned for the third (or maybe it was stephens), all in all pretty poor.

Stephens - 4 - Did well in the first half but was equally as responsible for the second as Hanlon. Always seems to want to let the ball bounce, which is a product of being poor in the air generally for someone of his size.

Francombe - 5 - His level of fitness was telling but a decent first half for his first start.

Osbourne - 6 - Tried and worked hard but needs to be making passes further up the pitch.

Stevenson - 5 - Again worked very hard, cant help but feel he was over compenstating for the lazy CF's for their first goal by chasing down and the boy Croft seemed only to delighted to come into the middle and charge at the CH unopposed.

Sproule - 4 - Has to do a fair bit of defensive work with booth behind him which I dont think helps, a decent shot in the first.

O'Connor - 4 - There is no doubt he is a great finished but his general play is horrific. They need to find a better system if we want the best out of him.

Griffiths - 8 - Great performance, sad to see him taking stick for poor corners, I am sure he is taking that role as a result of no one else having the ability, you can be sure he would much rather be in the box that taking a corner.

Doyle - 4 - A couple of decent touches a looked lively
Wotherspoon 3 - cant believe this guy has made almost 100 appearance for hibs.
Galbraith 4 - For someone who is supposed to have pace I cant understand why he never wants to take on a defender.

For the neutral it was a good game. For a hibs fan so frustrating that some of our defenders / team as a whole lack concentration, especially when defending, we were poor for a period of the 2nd half and it got them into the game. In the first half I thought we were the better team and unlucky to be down. Both teams created plenty of chances, but Brown was, after 90 mins the busier of the keepers. I thought we were going to steel a point maybe even a win but we dont do anything to help ourselves.

I really hope we sign another decent midfielder, we need one that is willing to take the ball and play with the ball further up the field, beyond our oppositions midfield, not pass wide and around within our own half.

I would say a spell on the bench, and told to lose half a stone as he, for me, is clearly still overweight. His touch is ponderous, but there were two occasions first half, one where he could have released Griffiths if quicker but instead toe-poked a pass to the Saints defender due to lack of pace, and then, again for me, could have taken an extra touch before his shot was saved by Enkelman. Second half I was near punching the seat every time he failed to hold the ball up and then not track back and and least try and win it back. Put the midfield and defence under tremendous pressure with his failure to keep the ball and wait for support. As I said, he looks at least half a stone or more overweight.

stanton10
21-01-2012, 06:41 PM
You're having a laugh- Hanlon 7? I dunno, I must be getting old and decrepit, but I thought he was awful, just as he has been for most of this season and last season. I suppose at least he's consistent- consistently crap that is.

Got, to agree along with wotherspoon /galbraith/ booth defending/stephens not good enough.

Wotherspiniesta
21-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Brown- 7

Hart- 7
Hanlon- 2
Stephens- 2
Booth- 6

Francomb- 5
Osbourne- 5
Stevenson- 4
Sproule- 2

O'Connor- 2
Griffiths- 7

Galbraith- 6
W'Spoon- 3
Doyle- 5

pedroorange1875
21-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Without score, just comments

Brown - cant organise the defence, cant distribute consistently well and quickly, cant kick consistently, good shot stopper - not enough
Hart - please just leave - we call for experience at the back yet a weak header to the opposition at a crucial time of the game.
Booth - excellent going forward, great goal, poor defensively he is a midfielder
Hanlon - please just leave, its time now to stop defending the guy he has enough caps now to be experienced so stop all the "just young" comments or U-21 captain comments in the senior game he is woeful. needs to be dropped completely. Who cares even if he got a shout today, dangerous ball + CH = get rid of the danger. And why you let an on fire striker turn and shoot when you are centre goal and supposed to be tight on him ill never know - sorry i do - he's just not a good player.
Stephens - An inexperienced guy who i imagine is worried sick about the bombscare beside him causing him to make mistkes sometimes
Francombe - off the pace, but if he is a right back play him there
Osbourne - not in the game enough but our midfield sits too close to him, he has a bit of class and can make things but he needs room and more intelligence beside him
Stevenson - heart and pride but not the quality we will ever need
Sproule - slow, cant go past a man ans i cant remember him having a good game since he came back, needs removed from the match squad, bleeding green blood will not stop us getting relegated
O'Connor - the worst touch in modern football, looks uninterested but can score goals but not today
Griffiths - showed today the potential he has to be a good SPL player, constant threat and good engine
Doyle - looks like on ok signing but very early
Wotherspoon - again like Hanlon has enough caps now to be experienced has not kicked on after good first season, squad player at best
Galbraith - has the skill just not the brain, doesnt know what to do most times, not what is needed

No more strikers or midfielders Pat, the defence needs sorted

hibsbollah
21-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Give it a bash!

Sproule - 2 - WTF!
O'Connor - 2- WTF!

I agree with you that there is some room for optimism. There was some nice posession football at times and a commitment to play the right way, and the optimist in me thinks that Fenlon is making a difference but we were shafted by individual mistakes by players that, on current form, shouldnt be anywhere near the first team.

Brown 8 If he plays like that regularly he should get the jersey from Stack. In total command of the crossed ball and a great save when we were 1-0 down.

Booth 4 Woeful defending, gets his 4 for the goal.
Hanlon 4 Shaky from start to finish. He can ping a decent diagonal ball up to the strikers, but is that really enough for a Hibs centreback?
Stephens 3 I usually like him but....oh dear. He has talent but he urgently needs some proper coaching.
Hart 6

Stevenson 6
Osborne 6
Sproule 5 I actually thought he was better than he has been lately (not saying much I know). a decent effort first half and some good positions taken up in the middle, but let down by his bizarre positioning and his refusal to ever use his one real weapon, his pace down the line.
Francombe 4 Gave the ball away a lot and got subbed.

O'Connor 1 A total embarassment.
Griffiths 8 Corners werent great, but his alround play was excellent.

Doyle-Looked good. In for Garry please.
Galbraith- Meh.
Spoon- Fine.

Beefster
21-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Give it a bash!

Sproule - 2 - WTF!
O'Connor - 2- WTF!

You've given a defence that shipped three goals and could have shipped three more, an average rating of 6. Really?

Hibby Bairn
21-01-2012, 07:21 PM
You've given a defence that shipped three goals and could have shipped three more, an average rating of 6. Really?

Fair do's. I think generally they weren't that bad. Generally it was OK. Individual errors cost us goals at critical times esp 2nd goal straight after penalty.

Anyway...just my thoughts.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Fair do's. I think generally they weren't that bad. Generally it was OK. Individual errors cost us goals at critical times esp 2nd goal straight after penalty.

Anyway...just my thoughts.

The defence was abysmal, teams don't need to work for their goals, we hand them to them on a silver platter

Jonnyboy
21-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Giving Hanlon, Booth and Stephens better marks than Lewis certainly has me puzzled

Shrekko
21-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Giving Hanlon, Booth and Stephens better marks than Lewis certainly has me puzzled
Why anyone can be bothered to be puzzled by people's ratings on 4 dismal sub-standard performances puzzles me. None were anywhere close to average today so who cares?

Booth in particular I have high hopes for still but in midfield please. Stephens and Hanlon are close to make or break time. Stevenson has an army of adoring fans and had a couple of decent performances about a month ago but let's get rid of this notion that he's good enough to be a regular- he's not and I don't give 2 hoots about 100 percent effort, it should be a given.

easty
21-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Stevenson was nae better than any of them, he just hid it better. Didnt get involved in the game at all. Not making many mistakes, because you've avoided taking part in the game, doesn't mean you haven't played badly.

Jonnyboy
21-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Why anyone can be bothered to be puzzled by people's ratings on 4 dismal sub-standard performances puzzles me. None were anywhere close to average today so who cares?

Booth in particular I have high hopes for still but in midfield please. Stephens and Hanlon are close to make or break time. Stevenson has an army of adoring fans and had a couple of decent performances about a month ago but let's get rid of this notion that he's good enough to be a regular- he's not and I don't give 2 hoots about 100 percent effort, it should be a given.

I'll see your army of adoring fans and raise you a sheep pen of detractors who think it's fun to give the laddie a tough time. You're right though, Lewis is not good enough to play for Hibs but neither are the rest of those imposters we have to suffer each week. Thing is you can pretty much rely on Lewis to put in a shift, something most of our other 'stars' could do with copying

Spike Mandela
21-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Brown- 5 couple of decent saves but lost 3 goals

Hart- 4 OK for most of game but lack of concentration leads to us losing a goal,again.
Hanlon- 4 steady enough but catastrophic error
Stephens- 4 also involved in the comedy defending.
Booth- 6 excellent goal

Francomb- 4 offered virtually nothing
Osbourne- 5 tried to play football.
Stevenson- 4 THE most laughable attempt at goal I have seen from a professional football player.
Sproule- 4 never beats a man these days.

O'Connor- 4 good shot first half but Garry is struggling a wee bit.
Griffiths- 7 didn't deserve to be on losing side

Galbraith- 5 was a threat when he came on.
W'Spoon- 4 nothing much to shout about
Doyle- 5 promising signs alongside Griffiths.

easty
21-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Stevenson has an army of adoring fans and had a couple of decent performances about a month ago but let's get rid of this notion that he's good enough to be a regular- he's not and I don't give 2 hoots about 100 percent effort, it should be a given.

He should never have got a new 1 year deal from Calderwood. Granted, he can play a pass and 9 times out of 10 it'll find a Hibs player, but it's always a simple pass that I'd expect anyone to be able to make. He creates nothing and he doesn't stop his opposite number from playing. Passenger.

IberianHibernian
21-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Thought Brown ( with Stack and Brown we`ve got better goalies than we`ve had for about a decade ) and Griffiths played well and Doyle showed he might be a good signing thinking ahead to next season whatever division we`re in . I think Galbraith is a good player to have as a sub ( like Sproule in good team of a few years ago ) and that Ozzy obviously has some quality but it`s hard to find more positives . We could easily have lost by 3 or 4 goals today but were looking for a winner at 2v2 so don`t think today is the best to criticise team .

Diclonius
21-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Brown - 8

Hart - 0
Hanlon - 0
Stephens - 0
Booth - 1 (he scored)

Francomb - 6
Osbourne - 7
Stevenson - 7
Sproule - 3

O'Connor - 1
Griffiths - 7

Galbraith - 6
Wotherpoon - 4
Doyle - 5

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Brown-7 Some excellent saves to keep us in it. Must work on his kicking though.

Booth-4 Got ripped to shreds at times by Croft, particularly in the first half. Took goal well.
Hanlon-3 Poor
Stephens-3 Poor Both CHs get the same marks, because of how they performed as a pairing.
Hart-4 Not bad but back to old self in run up to 3rd goal.

Sproule-4 Anonymous. Sad really because I love Ivan as a person and was really glad when he returned in the summer but he's not doing much at the moment.
Osbourne-5 OK, at least tried to get the ball moving.
Francomb-5 Showed flashes of good play but will take a few weeks before we see him at his best, hopefully!
Stevenson-5 Typical Lewis Stevenson performance. Never hides away but is really not good enough.

O'Connor-4 Anonymous. Has the first touch of an elephant.
Griffiths-7 Good performance. Got stuck in and was a handful to their defence, although to be fair to them, they coped with him fairly well.

GreenPJ
21-01-2012, 11:02 PM
He should never have got a new 1 year deal from Calderwood. Granted, he can play a pass and 9 times out of 10 it'll find a Hibs player, but it's always a simple pass that I'd expect anyone to be able to make. He creates nothing and he doesn't stop his opposite number from playing. Passenger.

Priceless who else in the hibs team just now makes 9 out of ten passes to a hibs player but the one who does you slate. Did Lewis not play the pass for at least one of the goals last week

Shrekko
21-01-2012, 11:06 PM
I'll see your army of adoring fans and raise you a sheep pen of detractors who think it's fun to give the laddie a tough time. You're right though, Lewis is not good enough to play for Hibs but neither are the rest of those imposters we have to suffer each week. Thing is you can pretty much rely on Lewis to put in a shift, something most of our other 'stars' could do with copying

I really don't think you need to class those who dont rate Lewis highly as 'sheep', I've seen players of similar ability receive a lot more flak, including those who also tried hard. I wouldn't say it's fashionable to give him stick as was the case with the likes of John Rankin and David van Zanten who were also good pro's.

Virtually every player in the squad gets in the neck at the moment and i do not envy Pat Fenlon having to work with this squad. I hope our team 12 months from now bears no resemblance to the current one.

HFC 0-7
21-01-2012, 11:07 PM

In any team, even the best ones, there are midfielders that dont create anything, they are there to break things up and chase. Stevenson is one of those players. Bring in players that are there to create and let stevenson do his job. I would say that stevenson does quite a good job of stopping opposition playing but without others helping out its difficult. You ever played that game when you are in the middle of a circle while everyone passes it around and you need to try and cut it out? try doing that for 90 mins, thats what we are expecting from stevenson. People need to give him a break IMO

easty
21-01-2012, 11:16 PM
In any team, even the best ones, there are midfielders that dont create anything, they are there to break things up and chase. Stevenson is one of those players. Bring in players that are there to create and let stevenson do his job. I would say that stevenson does quite a good job of stopping opposition playing but without others helping out its difficult. You ever played that game when you are in the middle of a circle while everyone passes it around and you need to try and cut it out? try doing that for 90 mins, thats what we are expecting from stevenson. People need to give him a break IMO

Of course there are those players, but I dont think we have one, we need one badly. I'd be happy with Goodwin, if he plays for us the way he's played against us.

I'd love to be wrong about him. I want him to be the player we all thought he'd be after the cup final performance. I don't see it in him though, I think he'll leave Hibs and go on to lower league obscurity.

burghhibs
22-01-2012, 12:14 AM
thought Stephens did more ball watching than any thing else....terrible

Can we have a new central defender please!

steakbake
22-01-2012, 12:15 AM
thought Stephens did more ball watching than any thing else....terrible

Can we have a new central defender please!

Ballwatching and backing off.

lucky
22-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Brown 6 some good stops

Hart 5 weak header in the run up to 3rd goal
Hanlon dire 2
Stephens worse than dire 2
Booth 4 apart from his goal embarrassing

Ozzy 5 needs to impose himself on games
Stevenson 6 always tries
Sproule 2 was a headless chicken before now hes just *****
Francomb 3 lord lucan performance
Griffiths 7 played well but needs to pass the ball
Oconnor 1 embarrassing and overweight, looks and has a touch of an elephant

Spoons 4 tried but lacks confidence
Doyle 3 should have started
Galbraith 3 some nice touches

Fenlon 5 why change a winning team? But real issue is dumb and dumber at CH. We need players badly

cad
22-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Brown - 8

Hart - 0
Hanlon - 0
Stephens - 0
Booth - 1 (he scored)

Francomb - 6
Osbourne - 7
Stevenson - 7
Sproule - 3

O'Connor - 1
Griffiths - 7

Galbraith - 6
Wotherpoon - 4
Doyle - 5

Thats about right Ivan`s 3 is maybe a 2 ,looking at the what other people scored our defence , they seem to have played well yesterday .
Brown was the MOTM for me , excellent display ,how people award 5,6,7,for ***** defending baffles me