PDA

View Full Version : Our worst home run ever?

Wheat Hound
21-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Ok, just to brighten up an already dark Saturday evening, can any of the statos out there confirm that we are currently in the midst of our worst home form ever? In the SPL, if I recall rightly, we beat ICT on 28/2/11 and then our only SPL win since then was September 2011 v St J? If there has been a worse Hibs team before, I certainly can't remember it in my Hibee lifetime (since 1986).

Sas_The_Hibby
21-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I've been watching them since 1963 and I certainly can't remember a worse home run - may be mistaken but suspect not. The worst thing about it is that we're not just failing to win at ER, we're losing most of the time in a VERY poor league.

dmc1875
21-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I think it is the worse run by quite a long way 2bh...

What worries me is... go on youtube and watch highlights of Hibs in 97/98 when we got relegated. The Rangers 3-4, Celtic 2-1, Dunfermline 5-0 and even the games when we were absolute b*ll*cks like Dunfermline away (2-2) and the 'relegation game' against Dundee Utd.

We play with so much more spirit, fight and SKILL than the bunch of imposters we have to watch these days.

That team would walk a game against the current mob.

Earl o'Montrose
21-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok, just to brighten up an already dark Saturday evening, can any of the statos out there confirm that we are currently in the midst of our worst home form ever? In the SPL, if I recall rightly, we beat ICT on 28/2/11 and then our only SPL win since then was September 2011 v St J? If there has been a worse Hibs team before, I certainly can't remember it in my Hibee lifetime (since 1986).

Is anyone able to post up a simple P/W/D/L stat for our home SPL games since this run started? I'm almost scared to look but feel compelled to anyway just to confirm that it really IS as bad as I fear.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Is anyone able to post up a simple P/W/D/L stat for our home SPL games since this run started? I'm almost scared to look but feel compelled to anyway just to confirm that it really IS as bad as I fear.

Our home record in the SPL, since beating Inverness CT on February 26th 2011, is;

P-17
W-1
D-6
L-10
F-18
A-31

Earl o'Montrose
21-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Our home record in the SPL, since beating Inverness CT on February 26th 2011, is;

P-17
W-1
D-6
L-10
F-18
A-31

Thanks for that (if that's the right words!) Falkirk.
As for that record....deary deary me :boo hoo:

Hiber-nation
21-01-2012, 09:20 PM

P-17
W-1
D-6
L-10
F-18
A-31

Well if that's not the worst ever I'd be amazed. What amazes me even more is the amount of folk who thought we were basically sorted after the last 2 games. We're miles away from being safe with that defence. SOS call required for David Weir and I don't care who thinks he's past it.

IberianHibernian
21-01-2012, 09:21 PM

P-17
W-1
D-6
L-10
F-18
A-31Shocking figures . Only consolation I can see is that most defeats have been narrow and with a bit of luck could have been draws or wins ( today being a good example ) . I can remember good Hibs teams losing heavily at home while this terrible team haven`t been outclassed or hammered ( yet ) . Maybe an indication of how bad SPL is but also that we are bad but might not need to improve much to climb 8 places in table next season if we don`t go down .

hibees4life89
21-01-2012, 09:28 PM
And to make things worse we really shoudn't have won our only one win since Febuary. Wasent that the o'connor dive that got us the penelty and won us the game.

basehibby
22-01-2012, 08:46 AM
And to make things worse we really shoudn't have won our only one win since Febuary. Wasent that the o'connor dive that got us the penelty and won us the game.

Wasnae a dive ya daftie - as confirmed officially by SPL compliance officer as well as anyone who had a decent view of the incident on the day.

With or without that 3 points though - an utterly shocking run - relegation form and no doubt about it. No bloody wonder the attendances are down - with that sort of form it's a wonder they aren't even worse!

Regarding it being a record - wasn't that set the previous season under Yogi???

hibees4life89
22-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Wasnae a dive ya daftie - as confirmed officially by SPL compliance officer as well as anyone who had a decent view of the incident on the day.

With or without that 3 points though - an utterly shocking run - relegation form and no doubt about it. No bloody wonder the attendances are down - with that sort of form it's a wonder they aren't even worse!

Who you calling a daftie. I Know of a lot of people who thought it was a dive

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 02:22 PM

It was a dive.

big-mo
22-01-2012, 09:55 PM

Before the current run of 7 home league games without a win, we beat St Johnstone 3-2 but before that game we went 9 home league games without a win 3/4/2011 - 24/08/2011.

The last time we went 9 home league games without a win was back in 2001/02 under McLeish and Sauzee.

You could also go back to 1936-37 when we went 13 home league games without a win, 9 draws and 4 loses. (the clubs worst ever home league run without a win).

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2012, 10:42 PM

what dive ? :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2012, 11:16 PM

P-17
W-1
D-6
L-10
F-18
A-31

Pretty damning statistics........

Sir David Gray
22-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Pretty damning statistics........

Relegation form is what it is.

That's almost a full season's worth of home matches there so for us to have picked up just 9 points at home from those games is horrendous.

If Dunfermline pick up too many more results like they got at Rugby Park on Saturday then we're really in the deep stuff, unless we can somehow pick up some results ourselves.

Lucius Apuleius
23-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Relegation form is what it is.

That's almost a full season's worth of home matches there so for us to have picked up just 9 points at home from those games is horrendous.

If Dunfermline pick up too many more results like they got at Rugby Park on Saturday then we're really in the deep stuff, unless we can somehow pick up some results ourselves.

I really have to agree with the bit in bold. :aok:

Craig_in_Prague
23-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Lovely ground though.

Lucius Apuleius
23-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Lovely ground though.

:agree: And once we start the upward spiral again and hopefully the recession goes away so people have more money in their pooches then it will be filled. :greengrin

Beefster
23-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Without that freak run of results in February/March last year, we would have been relegated last season. Our points per game ratio so far this season is worse than in the [entire] season that we were relegated.

We've been in relegation form for most of the last two years.

Purple & Green
23-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Before the current run of 7 home league games without a win, we beat St Johnstone 3-2 but before that game we went 9 home league games without a win 3/4/2011 - 24/08/2011.

The last time we went 9 home league games without a win was back in 2001/02 under McLeish and Sauzee.

You could also go back to 1936-37 when we went 13 home league games without a win, 9 draws and 4 loses. (the clubs worst ever home league run without a win).

You can add to that the six straight losses at home under Hughes from March 2010 to Aug 2010, which shows our honking home form didn't start with Calderwood & Fenlon - this run also included 2 wins in 15 at home in the league only from Hughes through Calderwood.

In 36-37 the run from September onwards was 1 win in 19. You wonder how a manager would survive that kind of run now - but just as well things were different then as it was McCartneys first season in charge.

From May 82 to Jan 83 we had a run of 1 win in 16 in all comps - 1 win 12 draws and 3 losses. This run crossed from Auld (first three draws) into Stanton.

Other notable runs 2 wins in 16 league games from McLeish through Williamson in 2001-2002

Keith_M
23-01-2012, 10:34 AM

P-17
W-1
D-6
L-10
F-18
A-31

Don't worry, I have it on good authority, from a man who knows, that it's only perceived poor form.

Stop perceiving it and everything will be OK. :wink:

Twa Cairpets
23-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Who you calling a daftie. I Know of a lot of people who thought it was a dive

I know a lot of people who think rap music has artistic merit but they're wrong too.

Lucius Apuleius
23-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Don't worry, I have it on good authority, from a man who knows, that it's only perceived poor form.

Stop perceiving it and everything will be OK. :wink:

:agree:
Perception is the truth in the eye of the perceiver.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I know a lot of people who think rap music has artistic merit but they're wrong too.

:faf::faf: Genuine laugh out loud moment. :top marks

Pretty Boy
23-01-2012, 02:31 PM

I think you're wrong about them being wrong but maybe I'm wrong about you being wrong and they are actually wrong.

KWJ
23-01-2012, 02:51 PM
What's our record since the we accommodated the East at the Rangers game?

Sir David Gray
23-01-2012, 03:26 PM
What's our record since the we accommodated the East at the Rangers game?

P-31
W-6
D-10
L-15
F-33
A-50

28 points out of a possible 93.