PDA

View Full Version : Bye Hibs

Hibs90
21-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Had enough.

FranckSuzy
21-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Had enough.

You're only 21 FFS! You've no right to have a get-out clause this early in your 'career'. You have to have supported them for at least 20 years before parole, I'm afraid :wink:

surreyhibbie
21-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Had enough.

Bye then.

Carheenlea
21-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Had enough.

See you when we start winning again.

sundo1875
Had enough.

Cya later

Hibs90
And if it continues like this ill be bald by the time I'm 22! Better things to spend my money on.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Had enough.

It's not that easy I'm afraid.

I said I was past caring and wouldn't be back after the Ross County debacle.

I think I.lasted about 2 weeks. Much as Hibs frustrate me you can't just walk away, they'll always pull you back.

Sorry!

monktonharp
21-01-2012, 06:49 PM
so your in it for HM Pleasure, and you aint gettin' oot. not until we've won the scottish cup

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Bye Meeko..

We've had enough :na na:

Hibs90
21-01-2012, 06:55 PM
so your in it for HM Pleasure, and you aint gettin' oot. not until we've won the scottish cup

Im ****ed then :greengrin:

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Im ****ed then :greengrin:

We all are mate, we all are....

As my great, great, great grandfather once said, "that's it, as soon as we win the cup again I'll stop going"

--------
21-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Had enough.

That's the way I'm feeling, mate.

Not another penny do Farmer and Petrie get from me until Petrie's gone and Farmer's got off his sainted backside and begun to sort out this mess.

:bitchy:

Emerald
21-01-2012, 07:05 PM
The worying thing though is a lot of people are saying bye to Hibs. If we dont improve, and fast, it will be near impossible to get these fans back. I cant blame anyone for taking this attitude. Its soul destroying watching that week in week out. Funny enough I thought that was one of our better performances today (defence and GO'C excluded).

Hibs Kids day too and only 8,700 at the game. we are in a very serious position. And it may take years to remedy. We have been needing defender in for months and months now. Why were we not getting things in place before the window opened, so we could act quickly. I hope PF has his contacts but I'm starting to worry.

glenberviehibee
21-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Had enough.

Ive been watching and supporting them for the past 40 odd years and although peed off i will never have enough.

Sergy Pie
21-01-2012, 07:13 PM

I think I.lasted about 2 weeks. Much as Hibs frustrate me you can't just walk away, they'll always pull you back.

Sorry!

Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in

scoopyboy
21-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Ive been watching and supporting them for the past 40 odd years and although peed off i will never have enough.

me tae.

Seen them relegated twice and still kept going, can't see that changing.

justlikebrazil
21-01-2012, 07:18 PM
aye in the 1st division!!!

Sammy7nil
21-01-2012, 07:18 PM
The usual respones to a guy we has 100's of posts.
ie bye, wont be missed etc. How disappointing.

We have gone from nearly 10,000 ST holders to around 5,000 next year it may be under 4,000.

I think this a sad post and Hibs really really need to engage with the missing fans and get them back we could end up playing in font 4,000 or less very soon.

We will be on a par with St Mirren and Motherwell and trust me it is a VERY Very long way back from there.

ALF TUPPER
21-01-2012, 07:21 PM
50 years+ of watching brilliance and more than my fair share of p^sh at Easter Road I've learned one thing ........the Hibees will be back.

There is more stress, heartbreak and woeful performances to come. Trust me ......but even better times ahead. Its the Hibs way.

I'll never give up on the Hibees .

I dont believe you do want to give up either. If youre serious then ...... Bye bye. If youre just talking after another frustrating disappointment ..... See you at Easter Road soon :)

givescotlandfreedom
21-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Had enough.

Look at me! Look at me! :spammy:

bighairyfaeleith
21-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Had enough.

hardly been all season to be honest as we're *****, however you can never have enough of hibs, just take a break and come back refreshed. I actually enjoyed the game against the inverness the other week just because I hadn't been for so long.

We're *****, we need to just accept that for the time being until fenlon sorts it out. It won't happen overnight though.

Malthibby
21-01-2012, 08:02 PM
You can never ever ever have enough. Not seen us win a league game in a year now
but it'll happen eventually.
Keep the faith, nurture the pain, & feel the satisfaction when we come out the other end.
Bit like slowly passing a really spiky jobby.
GG

Badge
21-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Had enough.

Stop being a drama queen and sort yourself out. FFS.

Ants
21-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Okay then, so which one of the above posts taking the phhiiiissssshhhh out of some fellow Hibby not going back is from Mr Petrie?
It could be them all... but people expressing their opinions/intentions should not be slated, especially under the current circumstances.

What has to happen to make this board realise that relegation is staring Hibs in the face?
What has to happen to make this board realise that season ticket sales have plummetted?
What has to happen to make this board realise that walk up attendances are declining?
What has to happen ???
What has to happen ???
What has to happen ???

Hopefully not relegation.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Had enough.

Thought it was a bye to the SPL thread, would be more appropriate

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Okay then, so which one of the above posts taking the phhiiiissssshhhh out of some fellow Hibby not going back is from Mr Petrie?
It could be them all... but people expressing their opinions/intentions should not be slated, especially under the current circumstances.

What has to happen to make this board realise that relegation is staring Hibs in the face?
What has to happen to make this board realise that season ticket sales have plummetted?
What has to happen to make this board realise that walk up attendances are declining?
What has to happen ???
What has to happen ???
What has to happen ???

They board are inept and not the right men to take us forward......

Hibs90
21-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Stop being a drama queen and sort yourself out. FFS.

So you're happy to accept watching that pish every weekend?

Ants
21-01-2012, 08:42 PM

They took all the glory in the good days, Donald P (young team conveyer belt), Tony M (great entertaining football) & Johnny C (cup win).
Sold all the silverware, replaced it with East Fortune Market fakes......
Thats where we are today.
100% agree with your comment and its not the first time in the last few years this has been stated.

frazeHFC
21-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Normally i'd say FO then! But your brother seems sound so i am reducing that to a piss off then instead.

zlatan
21-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Sorry!

I also said I was past caring after the Ross County replay and I've been to Easter Road twice since, Maribor and Ayr United. I regretted going to both.

hibsbollah
21-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Im baffled that today would push anyone over the edge. We werent great i admit, but ive seen half a dozen worse performances than that just this season.

I have faith Pat will get us out of this.

Ants
21-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Im baffled that today would push anyone over the edge. We werent great i admit, but ive seen half a dozen worse performances than that just this season.

I have faith Pat will get us out of this.

The clock is ticking... and the team league position is not rising!

Games that Hibs usually would have won are not happening just now.

Dunfermline result today shows that they have the fight, potential coupon buster!

If we dont stop leaking goals, it will be game over.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Had enough.

Everyone has their own limits of what they are prepared to suffer, and right now, your post is understandable. Tbh, I don't really blame you for feeling like that. When you really care about your team, it hurts to see them let you down so often. Times have been rotten for Hibs fans recently. Just take a wee step back and maybe have a break for a week or two, and come back when you feel a bit better about it.

GG

Feed McGraw
21-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Had enough.

Pretty sure you were one of those guys that called people a yam this or a yam that if they had the temerity to criticise Hibs in any way. So now you are WALKING OUT on the Hibs, that doesnae make sense.

Jamesie
21-01-2012, 09:59 PM
While I won't go as far as saying bye to Hibs, I think I'll be saying bye to a season ticket next year - for the first time since 2003 when I went away travelling for nine months.

The club membership scheme seems a much better idea and gives the safety blanket of more or less a guaranteed ticket if we were to ever reach a cup final. To be honest I've been losing money through the season ticket over the last couple of years as I've not made it to every game so it's a no brainer.

hibbill2002
21-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Pretty sure you were one of those guys that called people a yam this or a yam that if they had the temerity to criticise Hibs in any way. So now you are WALKING OUT on the Hibs, that doesnae make sense.

Aye thats him:rolleyes:

marco1875
21-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Thats harsh, the games are far too expensive and why would he want to pay to see a guarenteed loss most weeks. Why should he pay £22 to see a team playing the worst football ever and to see them get pumped from the likes of St Johnstone, Dunfermline etc?

Hibs90
21-01-2012, 11:45 PM

Things can change over a period of time, and aye that could work the other way and Hibs could start winning games but I don't see it anytime soon. Hibs are ****ed, sick of spending my Saturday night raging at yet another poor performance.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Things can change over a period of time, and aye that could work the other way and Hibs could start winning games but I don't see it anytime soon. Hibs are ****ed, sick of spending my Saturday night raging at yet another poor performance.

You can be as sick as you like, Meeko. You'll be back for more.

Call it the "joys" of being a football fan, especially a Hibs fan. You just.......I don't know, you just do it. Whether it's out of duty, love, routine, whatever.....you just do it.

It makes the special moments even sweeter. Although when one of them will next pop up is anyone's guess :greengrin

Steve-O
21-01-2012, 11:50 PM
hardly been all season to be honest as we're *****, however you can never have enough of hibs, just take a break and come back refreshed. I actually enjoyed the game against the inverness the other week just because I hadn't been for so long.

We're *****, we need to just accept that for the time being until fenlon sorts it out. It won't happen overnight though.

Think you need help if you enjoyed that ICT game. Was my first in a year and it was absolutely dire.

Craig_in_Prague
21-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Hibernian. Been ruining weekends since 1875.

Cant attend games often, obviously....but used to try and make at least 3 or 4 a season and watch all home games live on HI. Not paying to watch this team ever and in no hurry to travel back. So fed up, angry and depressed. Want to cut Hibs out my life but what can you do..your teams your team and it IS only a game afterall. Theres worse things in the world than your footy team being knickers.

Can see us with crowds like St J soon.

smurf
21-01-2012, 11:52 PM

Proof is in the pudding.

7 Hills
21-01-2012, 11:59 PM
**** off then, Meeko. When I was your age, Wallace Mercer was trying to destroy Hibs to create a SUPER EDINBURGH TEAM!!! We ****in' stopped him though! But we didn't stop him for saps like you. **** off!

SteveHFC
22-01-2012, 12:00 AM
**** off then, Meeko. When I was your age, Wallace Mercer was trying to destroy Hibs to create a SUPER EDINBURGH TEAM!!! We ****in' stopped him though! But we didn't stop him for saps like you. **** off!

Get a grip FFS!

Pedantic_Hibee
22-01-2012, 12:02 AM

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/1892862.jpg

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 12:04 AM

When you were his age eh, well now you've grown up try and act like an adult!

King Paddy
22-01-2012, 12:05 AM

What has to happen ???
What has to happen ???
What has to happen ???

Do Farmer and Petrie really care about the situation we find ourselves in?
maybe they are allready facing up to the facts that we will be relegated?
A fish stinks from the top down. IMO the board including Farmer should hold their
heads in shame as our famous club is a laughing stock.

The Green Goblin
22-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Think you need help if you enjoyed that ICT game. Was my first in a year and it was absolutely dire.

Was my first in a year too, coz I live abroad, and I was shocked at how bad both the game, and we as a team were. I normally enjoy going back to ER as I miss home etc. But I am with you; it was a shockingly poor experience.

fatbloke
22-01-2012, 12:14 AM
You can be as sick as you like, Meeko. You'll be back for more.

Call it the "joys" of being a football fan, especially a Hibs fan. You just.......I don't know, you just do it. Whether it's out of duty, love, routine, whatever.....you just do it.

It makes the special moments even sweeter. Although when one of them will next pop up is anyone's guess :greengrin

Agree totally wi this post, however, the real worry is that as the weeks months and years go on less and less and less supporters are prepared to just do it. Concerning times ahead methinks, hope not but...

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Out with the moaners i say. No loss.

The Green Goblin
22-01-2012, 12:17 AM
A fish stinks from the top down. IMO the board including Farmer should hold their

It's probably just me, but your posts read a bit funny at times too. I'll leave it at that.

fatbloke
22-01-2012, 12:18 AM

I still think we need the moaners. There are far too many of them to accept or advocate losing them, best just ignore them or hope they change.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 12:19 AM

:faf: Yeah what a great strategy, let's piss the supporters off so they stop coming to games, if the ones that stop coming are the ones that moan then it's no great loss really :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 12:22 AM
:faf: Yeah what a great strategy, let's piss the supporters off so they stop coming to games, if the ones that stop coming are the ones that moan then it's no great loss really :rolleyes:

I'd rather sit amongst 8,000 getting behind the team than 10,000 where 2,000 of them are booing and shouting abuse.

The Green Goblin
22-01-2012, 12:23 AM

You'll have the stadium to yourself then. Enjoy...

People are moaning for a good reason.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2012, 12:25 AM

it's maybe reverse psychology, RP will notice the 2/3/4/ thousand moaners are missing....then invest in the team to get said moaners back...it could maybe work :greengrin

Spike Mandela
22-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I think a lot of people are going to have a difficult decision to make when the season ticket renewal forms land on the doorstep this year.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I'd rather sit amongst 8,000 getting behind the team than 10,000 where 2,000 of them are booing and shouting abuse.

Another paid up member of the crowd police!

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 12:28 AM
You'll have the stadium to yourself then. Enjoy...

People are moaning for a good reason.

Care to expand? I just don't see how moaning, shouting abuse or booing etc is a good thing?

7 Hills
22-01-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't understand why people are having a problem with what I've said? Meeko made it clear in his first post he's "Had enough"! Fair do's! I just pointed out I'd been through a lot more, emotionally with Mercer's take over bid, but I'm still here! Hello!

The Green Goblin
22-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Care to expand? I just don't see how moaning, shouting abuse or booing etc is a good thing?

Okay, but hold on- those are three very different things you mentioned and not what we were discussing; just the moaning about another poor performance. That, the fans are perfectly entitled to do, or do you think they should just suffer in silence? Or ignore it?

Shouting abuse and booing are entirely different issues and we weren't discussing them until you added them retrospectively in your reply.

frazeHFC
22-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Okay, but hold on- those are three very different things you mentioned and not what we were discussing; just the moaning about another poor performance. That, the fans are perfectly entitled to do, or do you think they should just suffer in silence? Or ignore it?

Shouting abuse and booing are entirely different issues and we weren't discussing them until you added them retrospectively in your reply.

Ok apologies. Yeah ok people can have a moan, it is more the 'giving up' that annoys me.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Ok apologies. Yeah ok people can have a moan, it is more the 'giving up' that annoys me.

:aok:

Hibs90
22-01-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't understand why people are having a problem with what I've said? Meeko made it clear in his first post he's "Had enough"! Fair do's! I just pointed out I'd been through a lot more, emotionally with Mercer's take over bid, but I'm still here! Hello!

Sorry I'm not a great supporter like you.

Sodje_18
22-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Because the way you pointed it out was pathetic and childish.

The Green Goblin
22-01-2012, 12:44 AM

No worries. Agree that abuse doesn't help anyone.

Saorsa
22-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Had enough.Ah well, cheerio then, 21 been watching Hibs for probably nae mair than 15 years, you have nae idea. I've been watching for over 30, if I'd been there only there when Hibs were any good, I'd have been there for about five. People of my vintage who lived through the time we nearly lost our club altogether will know what it's all about, those who are younger may not. We're in a fight now but it's no the toughest one we've ever had. :aok:

silverhibee
22-01-2012, 01:02 AM

STF probaly doesn't even no the Hibs score from todays game.

hibee_nation
22-01-2012, 01:12 AM
It's probably just me, but your posts read a bit funny at times too. I'll leave it at that.

They read ok to me if a yam fud wrote them. :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
22-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Sorry I'm not a great supporter like you.

Why are you still here? I thought you'd given up.

McHibby
22-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Ah well, cheerio then, 21 been watching Hibs for probably nae mair than 15 years, you have nae idea. I've been watching for over 30, if I'd been there only there when Hibs were any good, I'd have been there for about five. People of my vintage who lived through the time we nearly lost our club altogether will know what it's all about, those who are younger may not. We're in a fight now but it's no the toughest one we've ever had. :aok:

Hands Off Hibs folk ken whit's goin' oan :greengrin

Saorsa
22-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Hands Off Hibs folk ken whit's goin' oan :greengrinIndeed they do my friend, indeed they do :agree:

brydekirk
22-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Had enough.

Pussy.

gramskiwood
22-01-2012, 02:39 AM
50 years+ of watching brilliance and more than my fair share of p^sh at Easter Road I've learned one thing ........the Hibees will be back.

There is more stress, heartbreak and woeful performances to come. Trust me ......but even better times ahead. Its the Hibs way.

I'll never give up on the Hibees .

I dont believe you do want to give up either. If youre serious then ...... Bye bye. If youre just talking after another frustrating disappointment ..... See you at Easter Road soon :)

:aok:

LaMotta
22-01-2012, 03:43 AM
Had enough.

You are either a yam on the wind up or a total idiot.

Beefster
22-01-2012, 07:02 AM

You're already sitting amongst 8,000. It will soon be less.

I think a lot of people are going to have a difficult decision to make when the season ticket renewal forms land on the doorstep this year.

I'm not sure it's that difficult a decision any more. It's definitely getting easier.

Lucius Apuleius
22-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Ah well, cheerio then, 21 been watching Hibs for probably nae mair than 15 years, you have nae idea. I've been watching for over 30, if I'd been there only there when Hibs were any good, I'd have been there for about five. People of my vintage who lived through the time we nearly lost our club altogether will know what it's all about, those who are younger may not. We're in a fight now but it's no the toughest one we've ever had. :aok:

Booger me Dan, a positive thread mate:greengrin

You are absolutely correct though. If they think this is bad then they have really not seen much.

Not saying for one minute we should accept the mediocrity we currently we have but I do still think we did things in the right manner infrastructure wise. The good times will come. I actually still believe that we will not be relegated as I reckon we will pick up more points on the road. Not a clue the next time we will see a win at the Holy Ground though. Negativity spreads. FFS we went up and scored a couple of goals yesterday then schoolboy stuff let us down. I saw a huge difference when I was home in the commitment shown between the start of the season and now. I am not going to go into every single game, but the fates are conspiring against us at the minute. people not being sent off, penalties not given etc etc. Before anyone castigates me for this just look at yesterday. If the boy had been sent off we would have been playing against 10 men for most of the match. He would never have scored and we would have had a much better chance of going on and winning the match. Aberdeen the same.

Glory glory

Dalkeith
22-01-2012, 08:48 AM

He may be 21 but hes been going since he was under 1 year old :wink:, i had been going for over 40 years home and away until i decided halfway through last season that i had enough, this season 3 home games one was yesterday.

The bigger picture is that young ones will just walk away as they have much more to do in this day and age, us older ones may be in the habbit of going but i now know once you miss a couple of games it doesnt bother you that much missing games.

down the slope
22-01-2012, 08:58 AM
It's all very well slagging someone off for not going back but i looked around ER yesterday where my brothers , cousins , and friends used to sit and not one has renewed their ST and some for the first time in 25 years and all folk can do on here is slag them for it !. Better to address your cynicism to the accountants who are ruining our club than to supporters who's loyalty has been strained to the limit by their sheer incompetence. What was made crystal clear yesterday was that we played to our best for the most part but it was not good enough, i would say that all over the park ST J had players that were slightly better than we had which is a shocking indictment of the board of Hibernian, this was further shown to be true when they brought on a sub who we could not afford to take on loan in the summer and all this from a team who's home crowd are around 3k on a good day !. As for me i think that's it until RP and the rest of the suits go, he has taken me for a mug for to long so not one penny more from me until he and the rest of the fiefdom are gone for good. Our club has been hijacked by people who have lined their pockets and built up their holding in the club without it costing them a dime so f... them until they go.

carnoustiehibee
22-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Ah the old " when I was in the war " speech from guys who've seen hibs for more than 30 years. There's more other alternatives for kids now not to keep watching that pish every sat.. I went to the zoo yesterday with the wife n kid for £27 all day and had a ball. I'm sick of paying 20 odd quid to get high blood pressure for 2hrs every sat. The board have to realise quick that hibs could miss a whole generation of folk who will find other things to do.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2012, 09:08 AM

i struggle with posts like this TBH, cos if you have had enough, but you still turn up, how do you protest? Now I would say that we have all had enough of this. When we hit the bottom of the league, we will be there on merit.

mon the cabbage
22-01-2012, 09:38 AM
You know yourself that it wont last.

Look at your post last week after we won you were fine then.

I'll need a pint after that one:rolleyes: Credit to the players and pat. Great result:thumbsup:

See you when we start winning!

Kaiser1962
22-01-2012, 09:47 AM

Seen some poor teams over my many years but every time we are low it always feels like it's the worst ever. It's not. We've been relegated before and, as far as I am aware, no one died as a result.

Badge
22-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Naw I'm no happy watching thae drivel we're watching right now but like many others on here I've seen a lot of poor Hibs team seen them relegated but never once thought that's enough I'm not going back. I'm a Hibs supporter like many others who supports them through good and bad times, hopefully you'll do the same.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Those saying bye you wont be missed etc are :ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

We have gone from 10,000 to probably under 4000 ST holders next season it appears the Majority are voting with their feet. Hibs need to Urgently address this issue and get fans back.

If we continue to say bye see ya etc we could end up like Dundee and Falkirk.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Those saying bye you wont be missed etc are :ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

We have gone from 10,000 to probably under 4000 ST holders next season it appears the Majority are voting with their feet. Hibs need to Urgently address this issue and get fans back.

If we continue to say bye see ya etc we could end up like Dundee and Falkirk.

Do you sit near the front of the West upper, on the 18 yard line?

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 10:30 AM

West lower ya radge :wink::wink::wink:

Where is it you sit again :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2012, 10:32 AM

Which end of the West?

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Which end of the West?

Down the old slope end, near the FF stand.

carnoustiehibee
22-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Naw I'm no happy watching thae drivel we're watching right now but like many others on here I've seen a lot of poor Hibs team seen them relegated but never once thought that's enough I'm not going back. I'm a Hibs supporter like many others who supports them through good and bad times, hopefully you'll do the same.

People need to feel they want to go rather than Have to go, that's the key

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 10:47 AM
People need to feel they want to go rather than Have to go, that's the key

100% correct.

Under Mowbray I could not wait for the next game and took in all the papers and media coverage, I could not get enough of Hibs.

Now I have very little interest in going to ER I will be there for all the 6 pointers and vital run in games but that is more out of sympath thanany real motivation to go.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2012, 11:02 AM
West lower ya radge :wink::wink::wink:

Where is it you sit again :greengrin

You've got a double in the West Upper then!

I was shouting your name at him all through half time. No wonder he ignored me! :greengrin

I was in the West Lower yesterday, round about the 18 yard line, near the front.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 11:06 AM
You've got a double in the West Upper then!

I was shouting your name at him all through half time. No wonder he ignored me! :greengrin

I was in the West Lower yesterday, round about the 18 yard line, near the front.

Robin and Mike would have been sitting at the back of where you were, I have been at ER 4 times this season and away twice it is just so frustrating and depressing just now I can't drag myself along. I will be there for the "vital" games in April. :greengrin

Rossco1875
22-01-2012, 02:03 PM

yes because i love hibernian fc:thumbsup:

is hard sometimes but the glory days will return and its all that bit sweeter if you been their during the bad days:wink:

Craig_in_Prague
22-01-2012, 02:32 PM
decided i've had enough. Hibs have ruined too many weekends now for too long. Time to have a break, enjoy time with my wife and other interests. No more watching or listening to Hibs for me, for a good month or two anyway.

James70
22-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Wasn't at the game but listened to the updates on the radio. After getting excited both times we equalised only to lose another goal immediately I couldn't even bring myself to watch the game on Alba.

Hibby70
22-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I went yesterday and have a season ticket. Came away yesterday very very cold and very very hacked off. Spent most of today out with my daughter and my dog having a really good time.

I just cant justify to myself that its worth renewing for next year. I actually think there is more chance of me going if we do get relegated than suffering defeat after defeat in this league with players that are either incapable of doing something special or have lost all confidence.

Something will have to change very rapidly, I cant just watch that every week (and "that" was at least entertaining for a couple of 5 minute spells) through blind loyalty.

Yes we can all play our part Mr Petrie but it has to start at your end I'm afraid - and you've made a complete mess of things over the last few years. Fans will come back when there is something decent to watch, not before.

Bishop Hibee
22-01-2012, 04:28 PM
As long as I can afford it I'll always get a ST. It's like having an incurable disease. More about meeting mates and family and 'occasional' pre/post match drink these days.

Heard a rumour in the pub pre-match that an ST for the East will be £430 next season. Can't see many takers if we go down.

surreyhibbie
22-01-2012, 04:32 PM
They read ok to me if a yam fud wrote them. :wink:

:agree: glad it's no just me....:wink:

Hibs90
25-01-2012, 12:33 PM
So I'm heading to Ibrox on Saturday... :greengrin

matty_f
25-01-2012, 12:40 PM

:faf: Well done mate!:thumbsup:

FitbaFolkKen
25-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Didn't take you long to get a new team............

:wink:

hibs4life
25-01-2012, 01:06 PM

Aye, this Hibs thing is an addiction that isn't easy to shake. It's also about having to be optimistic. Maybe Saturday will be the start to some real improvements for us......

frazeHFC
25-01-2012, 01:20 PM

If we lose on Saturday try not to get too upset and create a thread that has been a complete waste of time...

Sunny Leith
25-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Had enough.

I gave up my season ticket 3 years ago mainly due to financial reasons and each time I go back it reminds me what great business it was.

I would say I have been to 10 games in those 3 years and we haven't won once, barely mustering 3 passes together in the process. I even went to Motherwell this season and the game was then called off when we were winning...times are tough.

Even my Grandad has chucked it this season after 50 years of going - never seen a Hibs team as bad in his life time apparently........

I will be back but only when the product is worth paying 400 quid a season for!

stanton_4
25-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I am 49 years old and have been going to Hibs games since I was 10. Until my son was born 2 years ago I was regular attendee at ER. I simply can't afford it these days so I have cut my cloth accordingly. In my time as a Hibs supporter though I have watched some pash and seen us relegated (more than once). I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that at no time during these dark days did I ever consider not going to the games. It's your prerogative young man but Ias far as I am concerned it simply shows you lack character.

Speedway
25-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I am 49 years old and have been going to Hibs games since I was 10. Until my son was born 2 years ago I was regular attendee at ER. I simply can't afford it these days so I have cut my cloth accordingly. In my time as a Hibs supporter though I have watched some pash and seen us relegated (more than once). I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that at no time during these dark days did I ever consider not going to the games. It's your prerogative young man but Ias far as I am concerned it simply shows you lack character.

Youth of today eh?

To be fair, I chucked it in the final year of Lexo when I truly had, had enough. I returned for Duffy though and have had enough most weeks since.

Hope springs infernal.

Ultrabee1-0
25-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Had enough.

well piss of then.
clearly a part timer

Hibs90
25-01-2012, 02:57 PM
well piss of then.
clearly a part timer

Clearly. That's why I'm going to the Rangers game, :greengrin

Hibs90
25-01-2012, 03:00 PM
If we lose on Saturday try not to get too upset and create a thread that has been a complete waste of time...

I'll stay well clear :flag:

stanton_4
25-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Youth of today eh?

To be fair, I chucked it in the final year of Lexo when I truly had, had enough. I returned for Duffy though and have had enough most weeks since.

Hope springs infernal.

Ach I suspect the young whipper snapper is just bumping his gums. I lost count of the times me and my mates left after another terrible game swearing never to return, only to change our minds a few days later. If we had this new fandangoed tinterweb back then I might have even been on here saying as much. :greengrin

GGTTH :flag:

ahibby
26-01-2012, 09:33 AM
I can't blame lapsed season ticket holders for lapsing or not going, well I could but I won't. The way Hibs have slipped from being a good SP team to relegation candidates has been to say the least alarming. Added to that the people who run the club haven't admitted that they have messed up big time over the past few seasons. When fans continue to go they are not only supporting Hibs but also the people who run the club and have brought the club to this, which in my view is a questionable thing to do. I have been a descenter of the highest order for a while now and emotions have sometimes got the better of me when moaning about the situation. However, I won't say goodbye to Hibs even though I don't agree with the people running the club, they way they run the club. Prudent they may be, but considering the money that has come to the club from player sales, car park sales etc and considering the higher number of season ticket sales we had a few years ago especially compared with smaller clubs who are apparently safe above us in the league, we should be performing much better in football than we are. I therefore find it difficult to support those running the club. However, I can't say goodbye, I have to keep going as often as my sanity (what's left of it) will allow but I won't throw money away on rubbish, neither will I say goodbye.

hibbiedon
26-01-2012, 10:14 AM
my first game was on the 4th april 1962 against st mirren, I love Hibs they are a major part of my life, I have took my children and my grandchildren, I have seen some shocking Hibs sides, lived through the Wallace mercer times, I have been built uo so many times only to come crashing down, I still get goosebumps when i watch the cis cup final / sunshine on leith, I have been devastated when we have been relegated. There is no way I will go in the huff and stop going. The late great Eddie Turnbull went to watch his beloved Hibs right up till the end, I will never understand why anyone would come on here to boast about giving up,

:flag:

Jones28
26-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Definately understand where meeko is coming from. Having been a season ticket holder for 8 years running it's been tough watching Hibs' decline from a young, exciting team that could tear rangers and celtic apart. Where we would regularly score 3-4 goals a game and we could go to the matches with a wee bit of confidence.

Compared to now it's painful. Moving to the borders in a weeks time and a bit unsure about how going to games will work out. Will we have the motivation to get up at 9 for a 1230 kick off against Rangers when we could watch it on the box?

A lot of people are saying out with the moaners etc, but look around next time you're at ER, sitting amongst 12000 empty seats. Hibs need bums on seats at the minute. And who's to say meeko was one of the moaners anyway? If it's anything like my situation it's purely disslussionment and dissapointment.

scoopyboy
26-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Definately understand where meeko is coming from. Having been a season ticket holder for 8 years running it's been tough watching Hibs' decline from a young, exciting team that could tear rangers and celtic apart. Where we would regularly score 3-4 goals a game and we could go to the matches with a wee bit of confidence.

Compared to now it's painful. Moving to the borders in a weeks time and a bit unsure about how going to games will work out. Will we have the motivation to get up at 9 for a 1230 kick off against Rangers when we could watch it on the box?

A lot of people are saying out with the moaners etc, but look around next time you're at ER, sitting amongst 12000 empty seats. Hibs need bums on seats at the minute. And who's to say meeko was one of the moaners anyway? If it's anything like my situation it's purely disslussionment and dissapointment.

What time do you normally get up at?

Youth of today, no wonder the country is in recessiom.

:greengrin

Mikeystewart
26-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Would a performance based season ticket pricing work? It goes up and down every year depending on league finish and cup performances?

rather than this perpetual increase every 2 years

Jones28
26-01-2012, 01:23 PM
What time do you normally get up at?

Youth of today, no wonder the country is in recessiom.

:greengrin

No wonder when our seniors can't spell RECESSION correctly :greengrin

Hibercelona
26-01-2012, 01:59 PM

Good luck waiting that one out.

I used to attend all the home games, now it takes all my effort just to tune into the occational game on the radio.

Sad times.

Hibercelona
26-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh and by the way, before I start getting told that "part timer" ****, i'm not losing interest based simply on us playing poorly from time to time.

It's so much worse than that.