PDA

View Full Version : Fans today

hibsbollah
21-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Usually at this stage, an hour after fulltime, there are posts whining about the negative fans, abuse, folk leaving early.

In my section of the east everyone was getting behind the team for the most part, shouting encouragement when we went behind and at FT there were more folk clapping than booing. The noise when we went to 2-2 was almost like the old days.

Im pleased Fenlon still has the fans patience.

Beefster
21-01-2012, 05:05 PM
There was one trumpet in the FF, who I could see from the East, seemed to be giving dogs abuse to Griffiths at a corner in the second half. Thankfully, despite hearing the guy and looking up at him, Griffiths didn't react to it.

weonlywon6-2
21-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Usually at this stage, an hour after fulltime, there are posts whining about the negative fans, abuse, folk leaving early.

In my section of the east everyone was getting behind the team for the most part, shouting encouragement when we went behind and at FT there were more folk clapping than booing. The noise when we went to 2-2 was almost like the old days.

good,its going to be a bumpy ride to the end of the season

Gatecrasher
21-01-2012, 05:11 PM
i left after their 2nd for no other reason than i was freezing. needed some heat in me so went early. Pat Fenlon has my full support :agree:

skipster7
21-01-2012, 05:13 PM

:agree:agree with that but dont Hibs know how to burst our bubble:grr:even thought we might spur them on to win it.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I thought the support were "fair" today. They were vocal when needed, but there was very little to be cheery about.

lucky
21-01-2012, 05:21 PM
The booting of Hart was embarrassing

hibsbollah
21-01-2012, 05:30 PM
There was one trumpet in the FF, who I could see from the East, seemed to be giving dogs abuse to Griffiths at a corner in the second half. Thankfully, despite hearing the guy and looking up at him, Griffiths didn't react to it.

I must admit i didnt see that. Still, i dont think thats representative of our fans today.

h1bs4life
21-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Was embarrassing the booing of Hart not good enough but not worse hibs player on the park. More embarrassing is our pathetic home record this season 1 home win in 12 , 12 goals scored.

SteveHFC
21-01-2012, 05:32 PM

:agree:

scoopyboy
21-01-2012, 05:34 PM

Who kicked him?

Pretty Boy
21-01-2012, 05:39 PM

Agreed.

I don't really believe the fans are as big a factor in our position as some would have us believe. However single out one player, who was far from the worst today, for booing is classless and uncalled for.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I didn't hear anyone booing Hart (?)

Alfred E Newman
21-01-2012, 06:24 PM
i left after their 2nd for no other reason than i was freezing. needed some heat in me so went early. Pat Fenlon has my full support :agree:

Put more clothes on the next time. The fans certainly can`t be blamed for todays defeat, I thought the crowd tried their best to lift the team especially those who stayed to the end. :wink:

aunty joyce
21-01-2012, 06:37 PM

The guys behind us were shouting telling Michael Hart there's a seat up here for you because you ****ing Sh**e.

I know football is a passionate game but come on guys get a grip

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-01-2012, 07:01 PM

I didn't hear anything in the east at all.

21-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Booing of Hart when he touched the ball after the 3rd goal was out of order IMO. Yes, the guy was at fault and he gave another pathetic performance but what exactly is booing him going to achieve? The boys confidence will be at a major low as it is without his own fans booing him.

I can see why people are getting angry and frustrated though, the rubbish we are having to suffer week in, week out.

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Agreed.

I don't really believe the fans are as big a factor in our position as some would have us believe. However single out one player, who was far from the worst today, for booing is classless and uncalled for.

:top marks

leeds_hibby
21-01-2012, 07:11 PM

Just watched the game on alba, and im sure leigh gave the middle finger to the crowd!!

h1bs4life
21-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Could hear it in the FF upper every time he touched the ball after their 3rd goal. No need not the worst player on the park by a long shot. Certain players a lot worse are untouchable.

frazeHFC
21-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Even the guys infront of me weren't that bad, was more positive than usual. Long may it continue.

Jamesie
21-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Just watched the game on alba, and im sure leigh gave the middle finger to the crowd!!

Please tell me you're joking...

hibsbollah
21-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Maybe he's got tourettes of the hand? How about some sympathy for Leigh FFS :grr:

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 07:54 PM

He seemed to say something to a fan at a corner......

FWIW I think LG is a loose cannon, great player at times, but can't hold his temper in check.....

The atmosphere today was abysmal, but when we continue to concede pathetic goals, what else is to be expected?

Jonnyboy
21-01-2012, 07:55 PM

Haven't seen it myself but am told that on BBC Alba deferred transmission he makes a gesture after 66m 14s

If true he needs his arse kicked from here to Wolverhampton and spoiled what was a good performance on his part

Nuitdelune
21-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Cannot blame him. Despite all the ****** the team is, never any excuse for kicking them when they are down, just for the price of a ticket. No-one in their right mind will want to sign for us just to get abuse.

HFC 0-7
21-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Did Fenlon not say that he would be in big trouble should he do anything like that again, prior to his alleged gesture today? If so, I wonder if Fenlon would drop him when he is probably one of our best players at the moment.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 08:05 PM

Careful, did you not know the compliance officer will now be handing Griffiths another ban after reading this thread? :tsk tsk:

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Cannot blame him. Despite all the ****** the team is, never any excuse for kicking them when they are down, just for the price of a ticket. No-one in their right mind will want to sign for us just to get abuse.

You're having a laugh yes? If he's made this gesture after the trouble for his two previous gestures then I have no sympathy for what ever comes his way. I haven't seen it myself so I hope this information is incorrect.

down-the-slope
21-01-2012, 08:07 PM
The permenant moaners were not behind today ..... it was bliss :greengrin

While I want as many in ER as possible a few less moaners until the ship is steady would be helpful....just like the 30k at Hampden they will come back when things start turning around.

Ther are around 5/6k who will suffer the most inept of Hibs teams and support regardless...I just hope a major lift is soon...a wee cup run would be very handy both financially and morale wies

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 08:13 PM
The permenant moaners were not behind today ..... it was bliss :greengrin

While I want as many in ER as possible a few less moaners until the ship is steady would be helpful....just like the 30k at Hampden they will come back when things start turning around.

Ther are around 5/6k who will suffer the most inept of Hibs teams and support regardless...I just hope a major lift is soon...a wee cup run would be very handy both financially and morale wies

I might also work as a distraction, we need to focus 100% on staying in the SPL

BEEJ
21-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Careful, did you not know the compliance officer will now be handing Griffiths another ban after reading this thread? :tsk tsk:
No, better still, let's just send LG packing. Plenty more where he came from.

If someone studies the full 90 mins on BBC Alba intently, perhaps we could get Ozzy reported for mouthing a swear word as well. Then again, Doyle's body language after their third went in was none too clever either.

Where is that Compliance Officer fella when you need him most? :greengrin

Nuitdelune
21-01-2012, 09:07 PM
You're having a laugh yes? If he's made this gesture after the trouble for his two previous gestures then I have no sympathy for what ever comes his way. I haven't seen it myself so I hope this information is incorrect.

Was neither laughing or having one, it's just if you have a team of daft laddies, with a talent but not yet sorted out and some trying their best, no matter how many times you tell them, and they are desperate, and folks are hurling abuse, this is what they will do, and despite the fact the fans are pained by the rubbish, I feel sorry for him and forgive him. If I was him, I would be asking Mick if I can go somewhere else on loan where people are nicer to me!

Jamesie
21-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Haven't seen it myself but am told that on BBC Alba deferred transmission he makes a gesture after 66m 14s

If true he needs his arse kicked from here to Wolverhampton and spoiled what was a good performance on his part

Not available online unfortunately so I can't check. :rolleyes:

JohnScott
21-01-2012, 09:20 PM

Yep he clearly did as he lifted his arm at the corner.

frazeHFC
21-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I thought i saw a middle finger when taking a corner, but thought it must've been a sort of 'high ball' signal at the time.

down-the-slope
21-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Yep he clearly did as he lifted his arm at the corner.
:agree: yup its the signal for a short corner.......2 fingers is a long one.............................:rolleyes:

RIP
21-01-2012, 10:13 PM
My uncle Jim was in the FF today and he is 100% sure Leigh simply gave an apologetic finger as if to say "first mistake"

At The Edge
21-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I thought he was checking which way the wind was blowing and recalculated his corner kick ball direction and required force against wind resistance, all in the space of a few seconds:agree:

7 Hills
21-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh, FFS! I never saw Leigh make a gesture at the game, FWIW, but I did see him form a Love-Heart on the BBC Alba replay to the West Stand after he scored the penalty!

For Christ's sake - our team is in REAL trouble here! I'm old enough to have seen them go down TWICE and for as far as I can help matters - I WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN A 3RD TIME!!! There is too much bickering here about petty *****!!! Get behind the team and stop picking on individuals - we all make mistakes!

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Oh, FFS! I never saw Leigh make a gesture at the game, FWIW, but I did see him form a Love-Heart on the BBC Alba replay to the West Stand after he scored the penalty!

For Christ's sake - our team is in REAL trouble here! I'm old enough to have seen them go down TWICE and for as far as I can help matters - I WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN A 3RD TIME!!! There is too much bickering here about petty *****!!! Get behind the team and stop picking on individuals - we all make mistakes!

No-one is picking on anyone, it's a thread to discuss today and whether or not Leigh made a gesture which considering his previous exploits would be a pretty silly thing for him to do. Where you get that we are not behind the team because of it is beyond me!

fatbloke
21-01-2012, 11:23 PM

I was in FF Upper and heard it. Thought at first it may have been St J fans booing Griffiths coz of his Dundee connections but was corrected by Hibbys round about us.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 11:28 PM

I've just seen it again and it's definitely the middle finger gesture that he makes.

Stupidity beyond belief.

steakbake
21-01-2012, 11:30 PM
What precious wee flowers we all are. Man up. The guy flicked someone the bird. Move on.

Greentinted
21-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Seen LGs gesture 3 times now and while the supersensitive may deem it the 'bird', its accompanied by no aggressive body language or twisted facial expression and could easily be argued that it was merely a coded tactical signal to his team mates. Nothing at all like his 'previous'.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2012, 11:36 PM
What precious wee flowers we all are. Man up. The guy flicked someone the bird. Move on.

I don't think anyone's saying they're offended by it.

In fact, I can actually understand Griffiths' frustrations as he was pretty much the only player in a Hibs strip who put in an acceptable performance and the fan he reacted to seemed to be directing his anger at him for some reason.

However, what people are annoyed about is that this will be the 3rd time that he's committed pretty much the same offence in less than two months, despite receiving several words of warning from Pat Fenlon on the issue and already being issued with two seperate suspensions.

The last offence was only two weeks ago and he hasn't even served the suspension for that one yet! :bitchy:

With the way he played yesterday, we're going to need Leigh Griffiths available for pretty much every single game between now and the end of the season, if we're going to avoid relegation and he's going to be absolutely no use whatsoever, if he's sitting in the stand.

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Seen LGs gesture 3 times now and while the supersensitive may deem it the 'bird', its accompanied by no aggressive body language or twisted facial expression and could easily be argued that it was merely a coded tactical signal to his team mates. Nothing at all like his 'previous'.

:aok: Good to hear that.

BEEJ
22-01-2012, 09:54 AM
I thought he was checking which way the wind was blowing and recalculated his corner kick ball direction and required force against wind resistance, all in the space of a few seconds:agree:
:agree: Definitely.

:agree: That's how I saw it.

Ah, but are you sure it was a love-heart?!

I'm convinced if we scrutinise the shape of his fingers closely enough, we'll see that in fact it's a deeply insulting hand signal from some international culture or other - Latvia, Samoa, Khazakstan, anywhere! I was certainly deeply offended by it from my viewpoint 85 yards away in the East Stand.

And ..... and he was biting the club crest on his top as he turned away to celebrate the goal. BITING it!!! What's that all about? That's got to be worth a club fine or a suspension or two.

Let's just make sure we're all diligent about stamping this kind of thing out from our team once and for all, for the sake of Scottish football.