PDA

View Full Version : Sproule + O'Connor

SneakersO'Toole
21-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Both of you need to take a hard, long look in the mirror. Absolutely woeful performance from both you today, much like most of this season.

Our 2 so-called seasoned pro's are contributing nothing but a lazy, unfit work ethic and a shocking attitude.

I find it embarrassing that our club has to rely on you 2 to be club captain.

CallumLaidlaw
21-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Sproule just isn't good enough. Unfortunately.
O'Connor is embarrassing. Has great ability but is wasting it by being ridiculously lazy & overweight

hibsbollah
Ive supported him throughout... but its time he was dropped now. An absolute and total passenger. Doyle in please.

Biggie
I dont get it...why / how the F can they even consider Sproule as captain ?.....tbh he's done nowt since he came back.....should never have brought him (Sproule) back.

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2012, 04:31 PM
but sproule scored a hatrick at hunbrox :shocked: not one of RP's better "re"-signings :wink:

Sammy7nil
21-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Doyle looks lively makes great runs and creates space if Griffthhs was not such a greed twat at time I am sure Doyle would get the chance to score more often.

O;Connor is a passenger and it looks he is like that by choice.

matty_f
21-01-2012, 04:37 PM
O'Connor's first touch is awful and Sproule... Deary me :bitchy: what is he actually contributing just now?

sahib
21-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Who signed them?

Beefster
21-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I think we should make them captain and vice-captain. That might motivate them.

just_joe
21-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Who signed them?

I dont believe that Calderwood signed them. Most certainly "Petrie signings" . I personally believe it was to help get the fans off his back. Well Mr Petrie its never going to happen untill you get your finger out and splash some cash on players. If not then just GTF PLEASE! We need a football man in charge not a business man.

Greenblood70
21-01-2012, 04:46 PM
The difference between O'Connor and Sandaza was like night and day. Sandaza held the ball up, brought others into play and was a constant threat. The only threat O'Connor posed was to my blood pressure when he consistantly gave away possesion with terrible first touches and careless passes. Shockingly bad today.

Tyler Durden
21-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Why does Fenlon persist with Sproule, particularly on the left? He's played virtually every game this season, with next to no contribution.

Whatever anyone thinks of Galbraith, at least playing him on the left guarantees some balance and he doesn't have to constantly cut inside. Or why not play Booth in midfield and stick young Smith at LB - it can't weaken our defence any further.

Our problem is undoubtedly that we have a squad full of equally piss poor interchangeable players, but dropping these two who are apparently capable of more, might actually generate some reaction from them. Coming off the bench didn't do GOC any harm last week.

Biggie
21-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Not meaning this to be a O'Connor and Sproule bashing thread as they've done their bit for hibs....just a pity it was a while ago in Sproules case, and goodness knows whats going through O'Connors head these days, but......who in their right mind sees these two as the most inpsirational players kicking about ER, the two players others look up to ?.....the two players to captain the team and inspire the others to improve their games ?.
Who seriously thinks that ?....surely Fenlon and Brown can see they are not Roy Keane or Bryan Robson material ?.....the fact they may think they are the best 2 "leaders" we currently have at ER sheds some light on why we are, where we are in the league.

Frazerbob
21-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Did we expect anything different from Sproule? He was no more than a bit part player last time and seems to have lost his one trick. To make him captain says it all about the state of our club. I said it before on here and got slated but he is a coward. When the going gets tough he lashes out as if to try to prove to the fans that he is one of us or goes down injured.

O'Connor is an odd one. I was saying he should be dropped last week for the Pars game but he was superb when he came off the bench so he possibly deserved his start today.

Cropley10
21-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Both of you need to take a hard, long look in the mirror. Absolutely woeful performance from both you today, much like most of this season.

Our 2 so-called seasoned pro's are contributing nothing but a lazy, unfit work ethic and a shocking attitude.

I find it embarrassing that our club has to rely on you 2 to be club captain.

Well said.

SteveHFC
21-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Sproule and O'Connor were both crap

ehf
21-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Not meaning this to be a O'Connor and Sproule bashing thread as they've done their bit for hibs....just a pity it was a while ago in Sproules case, and goodness knows whats going through O'Connors head these days, but......who in their right mind sees these two as the most inpsirational players kicking about ER, the two players others look up to ?.....the two players to captain the team and inspire the others to improve their games ?.
Who seriously thinks that ?....surely Fenlon and Brown can see they are not Roy Keane or Bryan Robson material ?.....the fact they may think they are the best 2 "leaders" we currently have at ER sheds some light on why we are, where we are in the league.

That's my big worry...

Makaveli
21-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Sproule is only ever effective on the outside. His cutting in and shooting from distance are major weaknesses, so we play him on the left why?

Heckys Wheel
21-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Did we expect anything different from Sproule? He was no more than a bit part player last time and seems to have lost his one trick. To make him captain says it all about the state of our club. I said it before on here and got slated but he is a coward. When the going gets tough he lashes out as if to try to prove to the fans that he is one of us or goes down injured.

O'Connor is an odd one. I was saying he should be dropped last week for the Pars game but he was superb when he came off the bench so he possibly deserved his start today.

Thank god for reasoned thinking!

Where was the abuse for Petrie when o'connor was banging them in? He believes his hype. What's new!

Sproule. Always a bit part player.

Andy74
21-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Both awful. Looked much improved when they both went off.

Newhaven
21-01-2012, 05:39 PM
The joker is now just a joke! Thanks for the memories Ivan but it's best if you move on.

archiebald
21-01-2012, 05:41 PM
O'Conner thought we played in yellow today he is awful,never got a ball to a Hibs player - Sproule just a waste of a strip
ps Did O'Conner go straight down tunnel ?:confused:

glenberviehibee
21-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Ive supported him throughout... but its time he was dropped now. An absolute and total passenger. Doyle in please.

I would get rid of occonner he was shocking today his first touch today and has been for weeks was shocking and he kept giving the ball away.Ive seen better players on a sunday in the local park playing for the local pub team.Thought Griffiths looked good today

Sproule also not good enough he just runs into players or crosses it either out of play or directly at an opponnent

Simply both not good enough

dmc1875
21-01-2012, 06:40 PM
I would get rid of occonner he was shocking today his first touch today and has been for weeks was shocking and he kept giving the ball away.Ive seen better players on a sunday in the local park playing for the local pub team.Thought Griffiths looked good today

Sproule also not good enough he just runs into players or crosses it either out of play or directly at an opponnent

Simply both not good enough

I thought O'Connor looked quite sharp when he came on against Dunfermline, first time in a while. His burst for the 'penalty' claim was like the O'connor of old.

I was so dissapointed in him today... took 5 steps back... what a waste of a jersey.

And Sproule is living on reputation. He's lost at least a yard of pace and if we are being honest thats all that ever raised him from an average at best footballer.

sambajustice
21-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Sproule wasnt good enough when we originally signed him to play in a good team! He certainly isnt good enough to be a senior player in a gash team. He is, and always has been complete horse manure!

I think people are a bit blinded by his hat trick at Ibrox.

Woeful player!

ScottB
21-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Am I the only one wondering that the drop off in rumours about Rangers suggest they've actually been watching this numpty over the last few games and decided they don't fancy it?

dmc1875
21-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Am I the only one wondering that the drop off in rumours about Rangers suggest they've actually been watching this numpty over the last few games and decided they don't fancy it?

Who would you go after between O'Connor or Sandaza?

No brainer for me.

truehibernian
21-01-2012, 06:48 PM

If they watched today they will be cursing not getting Sandaza in right now.....he was everything you want in a striker, great hold up play, good technical player, willing to take a man on, great goal, never seems to tire, superb energy levels . If they were watching Garry they would have seen a player overweight, unable to link up play, poor on the deck, and walked off in a huff when subbed. I know which chairman I would have been phoning if I had cheque book to hand........

Wotherspiniesta
21-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm not trying to defend O'Connors performance today, as he was very poor, but has he not been playing with an injury for a while now?

That was just a standard performance from Ivan. Impact sub at best.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Sproule wasnt good enough when we originally signed him to play in a good team! He certainly isnt good enough to be a senior player in a gash team. He is, and always has been complete horse manure!

I think people are a bit blinded by his hat trick at Ibrox.

Woeful player!

agreed, I sent email to Fife with my reservations of resigning Ivan, he basically said he trusted the manager and my concerns meant nothing..... He really is woeful.....

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 07:21 PM

He has under performed for weeks, Captain??? Not on your nelly

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 07:22 PM
If they watched today they will be cursing not getting Sandaza in right now.....he was everything you want in a striker, great hold up play, good technical player, willing to take a man on, great goal, never seems to tire, superb energy levels . If they were watching Garry they would have seen a player overweight, unable to link up play, poor on the deck, and walked off in a huff when subbed. I know which chairman I would have been phoning if I had cheque book to hand........

Agree, Sandaza is even better at diving and conning a ref as well:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
21-01-2012, 07:24 PM
A bigger mystery than the meaning of life is how are the Sproule and Hart we have now the same Sproule and Hart who used to battle it out like Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay a few years ago in Hibs vs Sheep games.

Sergy Pie
21-01-2012, 07:26 PM
It seems there's a player in o'connor but it also seems he's given up the ghost and accepted his best days are behind him. His talent will blossom on the odd occasion but his attitude and approach means it wont be on a regular basis.

muirhousehibby
21-01-2012, 07:39 PM
It seems there's a player in o'connor but it also seems he's given up the ghost and accepted his best days are behind him. His talent will blossom on the odd occasion but his attitude and approach means it wont be on a regular basis.

Couldn't agree more:agree:

you can be the best player in a squad but if you have no desire then all your talent means bog all.

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2012, 07:45 PM
A bigger mystery than the meaning of life is how are the Sproule and Hart we have now the same Sproule and Hart who used to battle it out like Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay a few years ago in Hibs vs Sheep games.

:agree: We were only talking about that a few weeks ago on the way back from a game, hard to believe it's the same Michael Hart.

Sergy Pie
21-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Couldn't agree more:agree:

you can be the best player in a squad but if you have no desire then all your talent means bog all.

I'm sure having made a lot of money in the game doesn't help either.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Trouble with GOC is that he thinks he is better than he actually is....He won't be a big loss next week when he is unavailable

Jonnyboy
21-01-2012, 07:59 PM
He has under performed for weeks, Captain??? Not on your nelly

GOC even missed his pass in handing the armband to Sproule who was also being hooked :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 08:14 PM
GOC even missed his pass in handing the armband to Sproule who was also being hooked :greengrin

He would have been as well keeping the band to himself when he was subbed, we have NO leaders on that pitch