PDA

View Full Version : No Excuses Hibs Board - WE NEED INVESTMENT IN TEAM NOW/Spend

Sumner
21-01-2012, 05:00 PM
... Just over a week to SPEND !!!

.. SPEND

Col2
21-01-2012, 05:02 PM
10 days to go and we have signed a striker with a good record in Ireland and a 20 year old defender (untried) on loan from Norwich.

Other clubs are buying players and those clubs are not in a serious relegation battle.

Sick absolutely sick of the penny pinching approach when we are DESPERATE for players and as a minimum a new defence that just can't defend.

We ARE going down unless they do something and not just last minute no hopers. No wonder PF can't believe what's happening. Are the board going to do anything to support the manager with some experience and some quality?

Desperate desperate times.

IWasThere2016
21-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Simple :agree:

We don't have the cash .. But we better find it or its ER with 5,000 Hibbies next season.

Littlest Hobo
21-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Reasons we haven't signed anyone is because we don't pay decent wages. Rod, you and the Hibs board have lost my money and all of the guys I used to go to the game with money. Most of the Hibs fans I know, either don't go anymore or pick and choose what games they go to. Some of those blokes were what you call solid Hibs fans.......their lost to Easter Road on a saturday now simply because most feel let down by the standard of player we have on the park...end of rant!

Coco Bryce
21-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Reasons we haven't signed anyone is because we don't pay decent wages. Rod, you and the Hibs board have lost my money and all of the guys I used to go to the game with money. Most of the Hibs fans I know, either don't go anymore or pick and choose what games they go to. Some of those blokes were what you call solid Hibs fans.......their lost to Easter Road on a saturday now simply because most feel let down by the standard of player we have on the park...end of rant!

Sad but very mate.

Sumner
21-01-2012, 05:10 PM
spend now !!!
Petrie you're a disgrace !!!!

lucky
21-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Over reaction, yes we need players but only 1 club had bought a player so far. I'm sure Fenlon will get it right

Coco Bryce
21-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Over reaction, yes we need players but only 1 club had bought a player so far. I'm sure Fenlon will get it right

Maybe so, but no other club has as crap a defence as ours :rolleyes:

lucky
21-01-2012, 05:12 PM
We would have more money if more went to ER

Mikey
21-01-2012, 05:16 PM

I hope you've got a securely fastened tin hat :greengrin

andy1875
21-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Maybe so, but no other club has as crap a defence as ours :rolleyes:

Exactly. What other teams do is of no interest to me whatsoever. We're a laughing stock these days.

Cropley10
21-01-2012, 05:18 PM

When good players become available we will sign them :aok:

N.Wales Hibby
I watched the game today and for the first time I felt like crying. I always try to be optimistic but I am deeply concerned for our club. We now sit 7 points behind ICT and 1 point above Dunfermline. .

stokesmessiah
spend now !!!
Petrie you're a disgrace !!!!

What do you want him to spend???

Mikey
21-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I said this a few weeks ago. I really think that the board need to get an interest free loan from STF and do something about giving funds to PF so that he can shore up that team.

It may take £1m+, and it may take a few years for STF to see it all back, but the current policy aint working and hasn't been for some time.

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2012, 05:24 PM

We don't have the cash .. But we better find it or its ER with 5,000 Hibbies next season.

i dont think we will have to wait till next season for that, unless TWO half-decent quality defenders(and someone to replace sproule/galbraith) are purchased, i've saw a few posters on this forum stating that us hibs fans get the team we deserve....well, we dont f****n deserve this p@sh

Beefster
21-01-2012, 05:24 PM

I'd have a mansion if I won the lottery.

easty
21-01-2012, 05:27 PM
I said this a few weeks ago. I really think that the board need to get an interest free loan from STF and do something about giving funds to PF so that he can shore up that team.

It may take £1m+, and it may take a few years for STF to see it all back, but the current policy aint working and hasn't been for some time.

buy who though? who wants to sell us a good experienced commanding centre half, when they've got the rest of the season still to come?

i know we need players, but i really cant thiink of anyone we could actually get.

hibbymac
21-01-2012, 05:29 PM
10 days to go and we have signed a striker with a good record in Ireland and a 20 year old defender (untried) on loan from Norwich.

Other clubs are buying players and those clubs are not in a serious relegation battle.

Sick absolutely sick of the penny pinching approach when we are DESPERATE for players and as a minimum a new defence that just can't defend.

We ARE going down unless they do something and not just last minute no hopers. No wonder PF can't believe what's happening. Are the board going to do anything to support the manager with some experience and some quality?

So was it the board who signed these players and keeps one on the bench and plays the other one "out of position", or was it the manager. :confused:

Hibercelona
21-01-2012, 05:29 PM

No, but 1 man does.

And it would only take a little loose change out his back pocket to turn things around.

Hibercelona
21-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Why would the club take a loan from the owner?

He should be investing anyway. £1,000,000 is nothing at all to STF.

easty
21-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Why would the club take a loan from the owner?

He should be investing anyway. £1,000,000 is nothing at all to STF.

i beg to differ.

Littlest Hobo
21-01-2012, 05:35 PM
When good players become available we will sign them :aok:

That's when fans will come back, it's really simple. I don't think we can be classed as glory hunters but come on to ****, we want to see a little entertainment after a hard weeks graft.
Some of those players are a disgrace, some of the stories I've heard for example about Garry O'Conner beggers belief. I just hope hope for his sake that most of it is just mere gossip but when you hear radio commentators suggest he was sitting the stands afew weeks back saying this and saying that, you really have to wonder if the players hearts in it.

Hibercelona
21-01-2012, 05:37 PM
i beg to differ.

I don't.

The guy is a multi billionaire.

If you had £10 on you and you stuck 1p into a charity box, would you miss it?

This is STF Business, he owns Hibernian FC and he should be investing. I don't care what anybody else says on the matter.

HFC 0-7

I absolutely agree with this. We need to get a solid spine of a team together that we can build around. Spending a million now will be small compared to our losses should we get relegated. If the club think getting players in now is hard because of our league position then it they will get a shock at how hard it will be if we get relegated.

SneakersO'Toole
buy who though? who wants to sell us a good experienced commanding centre half, when they've got the rest of the season still to come?

i know we need players, but i really cant thiink of anyone we could actually get.

Get real man. There are literally tens of thousands of pro footballers out there, and I guarentee that a large percentage who contribute more that the present incumbents.

The trick is knowing where to find them and having the capital to do so.

Fife-Hibee
No, but 1 man does.

And it would only take a little loose change out his back pocket to turn things around.

My feelings also :agree:

Beefster
21-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Anyone calling for investment in the squad, over and above the usual budget-meeting investment, is living in cloud-cuckoo-land IMHO.

If we sign any more players, their costs will be met by the reduction in wages from players leaving.

HFC 0-7
21-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I don't.

This is STF Business, he owns Hibernian FC and he should be investing. I don't care what anybody else says on the matter.

Are you sure?

Beefster
21-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't.

He's wealthy but he's not even near being a billionaire, never mind a multi-billionaire.

easty
21-01-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't.

1p is 1p...I wouldnt miss it because it gets you nowt these days. STF didnt get to where he is today by calling £1m "loose change".

Hibercelona
21-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Are you sure?

He's wealthy but he's not even near being a billionaire, never mind a multi-billionaire.

Ok, perhaps not a "multi" billionaire.

But he did sell Kwik-Fit for well over a Billion £ if I recall correctly...

Hibercelona
21-01-2012, 05:50 PM
1p is 1p...I wouldnt miss it because it gets you nowt these days. STF didnt get to where he is today by calling £1m "loose change".

No. But this is "his" company.

If he doesn't take action now, he's going to end up losing a lot more. How some people can't see this is beyond me i'm afraid.

easty
21-01-2012, 05:54 PM
No. But this is "his" company.

If he doesn't take action now, he's going to end up losing a lot more. How some people can't see this is beyond me i'm afraid.

and he's treating it like a 'company'. he's no going to throw a million quid at us with no danger of getting it back.

HFC 0-7
21-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Ok, perhaps not a "multi" billionaire.

But he did sell Kwik-Fit for well over a Billion £ if I recall correctly...

he sold kwik fit in 1999 for just over a billion but that doesnt go into his pocket. I think he is worth around 130 million and even still it wont be money that he has lying around it will be tied up with various things. I do think that he needs to help Hibs though but I dont expect him to shovel money into hibs without any chance of getting it back. I think an interest free loan with no set repayment date would be the best option.

IWasThere2016
21-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Mikey has called it right IMHO.

Elephant Stone
21-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't.

If you think that he's a multi billionaire then maybe you should care what other people say on the matter as you're pretty wrong.

Mikey
21-01-2012, 06:02 PM
he sold kwik fit in 1999 for just over a billion but that doesnt go into his pocket. I think he is worth around 130 million and even still it wont be money that he has lying around it will be tied up with various things. I do think that he needs to help Hibs though but I dont expect him to shovel money into hibs without any chance of getting it back. I think an interest free loan with no set repayment date would be the best option.

You're wasting your time. He's got absolutely no concept of money.

N.Wales Hibby
21-01-2012, 06:02 PM
and he's treating it like a 'company'. he's no going to throw a million quid at us with no danger of getting it back.

But it is ok for the supporters to throw there money at the club and not get anything back

easty
21-01-2012, 06:05 PM
But it is ok for the supporters to throw there money at the club and not get anything back

we're supporters. thats the nature of the beast.

N.Wales Hibby
21-01-2012, 06:09 PM
we're supporters. thats the nature of the beast.
I know,I agree with you but we cannot let things go on as they are. We are going to have to spend.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I know,I agree with you but we cannot let things go on as they are. We are going to have to spend.

This.

It may well be time to go cap in hand to STF and ask for either an interest free loan or one at a favourable rate of interest.

Whether he would be willing to entertain such a request is another matter I suppose.

King Paddy
21-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Why is it that everyone wants Petrie to spend you would think he owns the club.
there is only one man who can spend the money and he is Sir Tom Farmer.
And knowing him like i do he not the benevelent kind, in other words he relegated
through lack of finance before and wake up and smell the coffee he will relegate
us again and he won't lose any sleep over it.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2012, 06:13 PM
We may not have a defence and we are looking likely to be relegated but hey, dry those eyes, coz whilst diddy teams like st johnstone, motherwell and st mirren train in their own stadiums and public parks, we have a 5 million pound luxury hibs class training facility of which we can be proud.

GG

easty
21-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Why is it that everyone wants Petrie to spend you would think he owns the club.
there is only one man who can spend the money and he is Sir Tom Farmer.
And knowing him like i do he not the benevelent kind, in other words he relegated
through lack of finance before and wake up and smell the coffee he will relegate
us again and he won't lose any sleep over it.

Farmer relegated us did he? Brilliant. With that type of ***** comedy writting you could probably get some work with the BBC, writing for Miranda or We Are Klang.

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Why is it that everyone wants Petrie to spend you would think he owns the club. there is only one man who can spend the money and he is Sir Tom Farmer. And knowing him like i do he not the benevelent kind, in other words he relegated through lack of finance before and wake up and smell the coffee he will relegate us again and he won't lose any sleep over it.i'm pretty sure STF IS a very benevolent guy :confused: but you should already know this seeing as you know him quite well ? :agree:

Andy74
21-01-2012, 06:21 PM
We just need to spend our budget better.

Did all the teams above us get there by outspending us??

Same predictable answer to everything from Hibs fans. We believe what others have told us about how the club is run. We already spend all we get in and the some.

If CC had signed a couple of defenders we might not be having this discussion again.

We look okay going forward and we will get there once some defenders arrive. Judging by BBs interview after the game that is what they are working on.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2012, 06:22 PM
We may not have a defence and we are looking likely to be relegated but hey, dry those eyes, coz whilst diddy teams like st johnstone, motherwell and st mirren train in their own stadiums and public parks, we have a 5 million pound luxury hibs class training facility of which we can be proud.

GG

The training centre isn't to blame, we still have a football budget whig should see us, domestically, be a hell of a lot more competitive than we are.

The fact I'm now suggesting a loan from STF just to get us out this mess is down to horrendous mismanagement of the football team by the football manager. The board of.course have to take a share of the blame because they got the 3 appointments previous to this one spectacularly wrong.

Scorrie
21-01-2012, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;3081790]We just need to spend our budget better.

Same predictable answer to everything from Hibs fans. We believe what others have told us about how the club is run. We already spend all we get in and the some.

If CC had signed a couple of defenders we might not be having this discussion again.

We look okay going forward and we will get there once some defenders arrive. Judging by BBs interview after the game that is what they are working on.

Agree 100%. I got the impression we had spent a fair amount, at least as much if not more than other outwith OF and yams. Our problem was we bought a lot of p!sh in most cases. It isnt always about the amount of money, it's what you do with it and our record over the last few years is poor, very poor (eg dross from English lower leagues)

Big Frank
21-01-2012, 06:27 PM

£160,000,000

(Times rich list).

Its been there or thereabouts for last few years......

Minted.

Mikey, STF needs to invest more than a million here. Hibernian are in big big trouble...

Pedantic_Hibee
21-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Whether or not he is the solution to all our problems, the Hibs board have to do f***ing somersaults and get Jim Goodwin on board within the next couple of days.

Show us, show Fenlon, show the dissidents within the squad that they WILL back the manager and get him whatever he needs to pull us out of this sh**e.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2012, 06:35 PM
The training centre isn't to blame, we still have a football budget whig should see us, domestically, be a hell of a lot more competitive than we are.

The fact I'm now suggesting a loan from STF just to get us out this mess is down to horrendous mismanagement of the football team by the football manager. The board of.course have to take a share of the blame because they got the 3 appointments previous to this one spectacularly wrong.

Agree re: the board and previous managers. However, given how much the training centre cost to build, and costs to run each year, what has it
done to benefit the team on the park in return? I can't think of anything- in fact, as far as I can see, we have only got worse.

Looking at other teams outplaying us week in week out, with them working on lower budgets and nothing like the facilities we have, you have to wonder what the point of it is.

GG

down the slope
21-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Just had a look at the fixture list and sometimes you can take a crumb of comfort when a few names crop up but not anymore, i just do not see us beating anyone with the crop of players that we have at the moment, relegation staring us in the face unless we spend megabucks in the next week.

ancient hibee
21-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Why should Farmer put any more in?There has been no shortage of funds for the last two managers to bring in players.The football people at the club have fouled up big time by signing a lot of dross-some who don't even last half a season-Farmer must think they're a bunch of balloons-and he's right.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2012, 06:44 PM

That all makes sense, but my concern is that the damage has already been done. Looking at the table, relegation is a possibility and becoming more of one with each passing week. Looking at our next 6 games compared to Dunfermline's 6 games does nothing to reassure that fear.

GG

londonhibby
21-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Thought this may be of interest to some.

According to http://www.football-finances.org.uk/hibs/2010/index.htm and http://www.football-finances.org.uk/hibs/2010/payroll2.htm we seem to remunerate the directors more than most other SPL clubs. Although the figures are dated and I personally have no way of checking their accuracy, if they are on the button, I see no reason why it will have changed for 2011, especially given the trend in the directors' pay graph.

This is self-defeating and the directors should be prepared to take less so more money can be spent at the business end of the club – the team. The directors would get it back in the end if the team were more successful.

As to hiring p**h, we seem to have had a talent for that since Mowbray. But the board, Petrie and the managers all have to shoulder some responsibility for that. The managers are gone, but the board and Petrie still persist, and if they don't want us relegated again, they need to somehow sort that side of the business out.

I also don't buy some people's argument that there are no players of the quality we need at the cost point we can afford out there.

Sumner

.. money

HFC 0-7
£160,000,000

(Times rich list).

Its been there or thereabouts for last few years......

Minted.

Mikey, STF needs to invest more than a million here. Hibernian are in big big trouble...

1 million equates to about 6500 per week for 3 years. that means that 2k per week could be added to the current wage cap for 3 players of decent quality. The players that we have failed to bring in this window could be tempted if we were to add 2K per week to the existing offer.

HFC 0-7
21-01-2012, 06:53 PM

I think the problem now is, is that the budget only works when adding one or 2 players per window to the team, ie, we have a core / spine of a team to build around. we dont have that at present and the budget doesnt really allow for virtually a whole team to be replaced. most other teams have a core of players who are good and they keep the core replacing the odd 1 every now and again.

You seem to take quite a high and mighty stance against fellow supporters when they dont agree with your views, yes we spend more than others but we are replacing more than others. We are trying to replace a whole team almost with a budget which is not vastly more than the other teams. They are working with a smaller budget but only having to replace 1 or 2 players each season. Thats the difference. The current budget will work when we have a team to work with, to get to that point money needs to be spend. this is all just my opinion mind.

Alfred E Newman
21-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Why should Farmer put any more in?There has been no shortage of funds for the last two managers to bring in players.The football people at the club have fouled up big time by signing a lot of dross-some who don't even last half a season-Farmer must think they're a bunch of balloons-and he's right.

Money has been spent, or should we say wasted, by a string of managers in recent years. Just look at the team that played us off the park today, that team was not put together by spending large sums of money but built by a manager who seem to know what he was doing. I agree that money has to be spent quickly or we are a goner though it is starting to look as if it may be too late. Finding the right players to lift this team out of trouble at this late stage might be beyond Pat Fenlon.

LeithBoozy
21-01-2012, 07:07 PM
It is a pity the board and managers were not on performance-related pay, we would have saved the club a fortune. This farce of a defence needs delt with it has been going on for years now, its time to get our erse off the pillow.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lucky
21-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Great how some on here will not spend £22 to watch us but want STF to spend a £1m plus of his cash.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-01-2012, 07:12 PM
When was the last time Hibs had a really solid defence, one in which you were confident could keep a clean sheet? :confused:

This has been Hibs downfall for more years than I care to remember. This area of the team HAS to be strengthened otherwise it's trips to Firhill, Cappilow and Central Park next season. :fuming:

Sumner
21-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Great how some on here will not spend £22 to watch us but want STF to spend a £1m plus of his cash.

:yawn: The "Were you at the match caller?" Clause trotted out,

Doesn't make a difference, Hibs have sold the talent and under-invested regardless of attandances, did it when crowds were good too.

If £22 is the issue, how many will spend £20 to see Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath & Partick ?

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2012, 07:20 PM
When was the last time Hibs had a really solid defence, one in which you were confident could keep a clean sheet? :confused:This has been Hibs downfall for more years than I care to remember. This area of the team HAS to be strengthened otherwise it's trips to Firhill, Cappilow and Central Park next season. :fuming:1972brownlie,schaedler,stanton,black,black ley :agree:

although the two gordons (rae and hunter) werent too bad either :wink:

Ray_
21-01-2012, 07:44 PM

They did go to ER & were rewarded with the garbage of the last four years.

Sumner
21-01-2012, 07:51 PM
They did go to ER & were rewarded with the garbage of the last four years.

Exactly. Watching talent sold and replaced by bargain-basement garbage.

smurf
21-01-2012, 07:53 PM
It's not the ownership and leadership that are at fault. We've been told that repeatedly.

Ray_
21-01-2012, 07:58 PM

The biggest dross of the lot has been the managers & they were signed by the man Farmer rates so highly, you just couldn't make it up. Hibs fans have spent plenty over the years, often for mind blowing rubbish in return, Farmer's man is ultimately responsible for the state we are in, there's your reason.

col02
21-01-2012, 08:00 PM
How many of last seasons January signings are still at the club now? I do not ever recall Hibs signing anyone of note in this window and sadly I do not see anything changing this one irrespective of our current plight. The players who have gotten Hibs into this mess have to dig deep and try get another four or five victories between now and the end of the season. I worry that the Pars who have a very low budget have signed two players in Turner and Kerr who will make enough of a difference to get them points. I have no interest in seeing Hibs sign young players on loan I want to see two nasty bruisers who will kick the ass out of their team mates if they make basic mistakes like they did today. Supposing you take whatever money there is available and use it to sign players till May on good money then so be it. Get it done and save us from relegation!

BEEJ
21-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I worry that the Pars who have a very low budget have signed two players in Turner and Kerr who will make enough of a difference to get them points.

I have no interest in seeing Hibs sign young players on loan I want to see two nasty bruisers who will kick the ass out of their team mates if they make basic mistakes like they did today.
:agree: Turner has shored up their leaky goal-keeping problem and Kerr today was reported as making a 'night and day' difference to their midfield. He brought much needed leadership, apparently.

Just shows you that it can be done and that there are players out there. Even players willing to join an SPL club currently at the foot of the table. And we're not even in the last couple of days of the window yet!

So why are Hibs finding it so hard?

Thecat23
21-01-2012, 08:56 PM

I'm a season ticket holder and i can safely say i'll not be back this season. Hibs have my money and if i'm honest here, Why should us fans pay the money they are asking for such poor product? Those who don't think the board is the problem have their head firmly lodged in there @rse. Its no secret just about everyone in the game know's Petrie is tight. He's also a difficult man to deal with. Oh and before the Petrie bodygaurds jump on me my source is 3 former players. I've not mentioned this before but i'm sick of the people defending him. He is ruining our club and we need a change now. Yes he's built a nice shinny stand and training etc.. But ffs i'm wanting to watch a football team not stare at 3 empty stands. Hibs are a football club, now dig into those pockets or pay the price when we drop because that is a real threat.

Northfield Hibby
21-01-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and i can safely say i'll not be back this season. Hibs have my money and if i'm honest here, Why should us fans pay the money they are asking for such poor product? Those who don't think the board is the problem have their head firmly lodged in there @rse. Its no secret just about everyone in the game know's Petrie is tight. He's also a difficult man to deal with. Oh and before the Petrie bodygaurds jump on me my source is 3 former players. I've not mentioned this before but i'm sick of the people defending him. He is ruining our club and we need a change now. Yes he's built a nice shinny stand and training etc.. But ffs i'm wanting to watch a football team not stare at 3 empty stands. Hibs are a football club, now dig into those pockets or pay the price when we drop because that is a real threat.

Agree 100%. He had the chance to bring in a new manager from the start of the season, but he backed CC, gave him funds and now look at us.

We have brought in 2 players, a forward and a right back. BUT the right back starts in midfield!!!!

I wish we could pick up the St Johnstone back four and replace them with ours, what a difference that would make. Nothing fancy, but doing there jobs as defenders, something we haven't done for years.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2012, 09:33 PM
The Board are imposters IMO....If we do get relegated they should all resign on masse......

The Club is being stifled by these jokers...........

Hibs7
21-01-2012, 09:48 PM
The fans have rallied when required, time the board and STF stood up and were counted, Otherwise it is relegation and even.less crowds and money, ffs it is common sense and a blind man on a galloping horse can see we need investment in the defence.

basehibby
22-01-2012, 03:37 AM
The fans have rallied when required, time the board and STF stood up and were counted, Otherwise it is relegation and even.less crowds and money, ffs it is common sense and a blind man on a galloping horse can see we need investment in the defence.

:agree: It's well known that we're run as a tight ship as a club and this is no bad thing generally speaking - but right now we are on a downward spiral and the board should be prepared to push the boat out to turn things round.

Goodwin sounds like a good signing for instance - so spend the money and get him here - WE NEED HIM NOW FFS!

This self same approach needs to be employed in bringing a good experienced centre half to the side - pronto!

There will be plenty more to be done besides, but achieving the above is absolutely imperative and not doing so would be a huge failure of duty IMO.

IWasThere2016
22-01-2012, 06:44 AM

It wouldnae necessarily help though. Noddy P would probably reduce the debt for the white elephant stand, but only after re-instating the Board's wages to previous levels, then of course we'd need another accountant!

northgreen24
22-01-2012, 07:05 AM
This is petrie's bodyguard speaking :)

while I agree we need to get a few players is every manager says that this window is not a good time as most clubs hold on to there good players for obvious reasons. Now the problem is we DO need to get a couple in but if we end up paying over the odds for an average player is that a good thing seeing as nobody is here from the cc reign and we had to pay them / him off? I have faith that we do offer on par the same as most other clubs outwith the old firm and hearts so it might be that the players PF wants to better our squad will not be here till the last day.as frustrating as this is it is down to the transfer system not what we are prepaired to offer.:dunno:

and yes dunfermline have got a couple in (world beaters according to some on here) but so have we, althouth they did win well yestarday people forget that we did win last week with our loan extended player scoring 2 goals.

this is a long process but PF will get this right (for some reason I am more optamistic than 2 weeks ago)

GGTTH:flag:

Steve20
22-01-2012, 08:08 AM
If we don't have money then fair enough, we can't spend any.

However, that means we will be relegated. This group of players are not capable of staying up imo.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't.

Utter rubbish.

He has already put in about £12m of his own money.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 10:05 AM
1972brownlie,schaedler,stanton,black,blackley :agree:

although the two gordons (rae and hunter) werent too bad either :wink:

Is that the team that lost SIX goals twice in cup finals :wink::wink:

BEEJ
22-01-2012, 10:15 AM
while I agree we need to get a few players is every manager says that this window is not a good time as most clubs hold on to there good players for obvious reasons.

Now the problem is we DO need to get a couple in but if we end up paying over the odds for an average player is that a good thing seeing as nobody is here from the cc reign and we had to pay them / him off? I have faith that we do offer on par the same as most other clubs outwith the old firm and hearts so it might be that the players PF wants to better our squad will not be here till the last day.as frustrating as this is it is down to the transfer system not what we are prepaired to offer.:dunno:
Well by allowing things to drag on, in our now traditional way, I would argue that our targets just got even more expensive. Having witnessed yesterday's performance on BBC Alba, I reckon Jim Goodwin et al's prices will have risen significantly.

Matters less who we sign this week. Expectations for gaining points at Ibrox next week are practically zero anyway. It was the last two weeks that were key.

This 'dinnae panic' mantra gets trotted out every friggin transfer window. It might well have had some merit in the past, but not this year. We need SPL points NOW!

and yes dunfermline have got a couple in (world beaters according to some on here) but so have we, althouth they did win well yestarday people forget that we did win last week with our loan extended player scoring 2 goals.
Not world beaters - not a bit of it. Wouldn't even have advocated that Hibs should have signed them (sorry to disappoint you).

However, the Pars have gone out and addressed two glaring weaknesses in their side. They have managed to do so in such a way that their diligence has been rewarded with three SPL points yesterday. Almost invaluable for them that result.

3pm
22-01-2012, 10:17 AM
It wouldnae necessarily help though. Noddy P would probably reduce the debt for the white elephant stand, but only after re-instating the Board's wages to previous levels, then of course we'd need another accountant!

Noddy P! Ha Ha!

smurf
22-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Utter rubbish.

Cleverly worded. Just for clarification let's state that unlike our money we as supporters put in, his is to be repaid with interest.

Minder
22-01-2012, 10:45 AM

We do not need his cash. We have the assets, all we need to do is extend overdraft/mortgage. Easily done despite what some may think ( even in this day and age). The problem is RP/STF do not want to go down that route which I understand. But fiscal policy must be balanced - we have needed for a while now a slighly more relaxed policy. We also need a football man on the board.

Beefster
22-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Utter rubbish.

In the same way that a bank 'put in' money to my mortgage?

Edit: Smurf's made the same point.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Cleverly worded. Just for clarification let's state that unlike our money we as supporters put in, his is to be repaid with interest.

Is it?

The £5m thats now in the form of shares that doesn't attract interest? Or the £3.5m in shares that were part payment for the stadium (in a club he already owned plenty off)? Does that gain interest? What about the £1.25m last season?

Please point out how STF has benefitted financially from his involvement with Hibs?

Aldo
22-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Right we have got rid of

Agogo, Sodje, Pallsson, Thornhill and a couple if youngsters.

Wot would the 4 of them be in between them a week? Between 4 and 6 grand total??

I am sure this is happening but surely we can tempt a couple of players with that??

We need something and quick. Francomb looks a good prospect and may stay or become a permanent signing. The other young guy on trial may be an opportunity we cannot miss and if so then he gets signed up.

I am more than certain that PF is trying his best to get folk in and I really do hope the board back him cos if not we will go down and lose even more money.

The next ten days will make it break our season TBH, and for me that's just who we sign!

Kaiser1962
22-01-2012, 11:17 AM
In the same way that a bank 'put in' money to my mortgage?

Edit: Smurf's made the same point.

And you seriously think he has a hope in hell of getting that back?

How much do Hibs pay STF each year?

Sammy7nil
22-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Right we have got rid of

Agogo, Sodje, Pallsson, Thornhill and a couple if youngsters.

Wot would the 4 of them be in between them a week? Between 4 and 6 grand total??

I am sure this is happening but surely we can tempt a couple of players with that??

We need something and quick. Francomb looks a good prospect and may stay or become a permanent signing. The other young guy on trial may be an opportunity we cannot miss and if so then he gets signed up.

I am more than certain that PF is trying his best to get folk in and I really do hope the board back him cos if not we will go down and lose even more money.

The next ten days will make it break our season TBH, and for me that's just who we sign!

All of the players that left by Mutual consent will have recieved between 3 - 6 months salary.

Aldo
22-01-2012, 11:21 AM
All of the players that left by Mutual consent will have recieved between 3 - 6 months salary.

And therefore scuppering most of PF budget.

Gatecrasher
22-01-2012, 11:22 AM
i have the cash for 2 ST's (my dad and i) its up to the board to invest in players for Fenlon, if they dont spend i wont. Simple as that

smurf
22-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Is it?

The £5m thats now in the form of shares that doesn't attract interest? Or the £3.5m in shares that were part payment for the stadium (in a club he already owned plenty off)? Does that gain interest? What about the £1.25m last season?

Please point out how STF has benefitted financially from his involvement with Hibs?

So non of the money Sir Tom has put into the club is shown as a debt in the accounts?

Are you suggesting Sir Tom wants no return on his investment on his shares?

Ray_
22-01-2012, 12:46 PM
And you seriously think he has a hope in hell of getting that back?

How much do Hibs pay STF each year?

So are you saying the value of the club is not an asset to STF? As well as his own money, millions of our money has been spent on the new stands, the training centre & board cock ups. The price of the tickets, merchandising & hospitality doesn't go down when the debt is reduced, the value of the club does go up though.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2012, 03:38 PM
So non of the money Sir Tom has put into the club is shown as a debt in the accounts?

Are you suggesting Sir Tom wants no return on his investment on his shares?

The only debt showing is a loan from the parent company of £250k which attracts interest of about 5k a year.

I am not saying he wants no return on his "investment" but I am saying he has not got a cat's chance in hell of getting it and he knows it.

So where has he scored in all this?

So are you saying the value of the club is not an asset to STF? As well as his own money, millions of our money has been spent on the new stands, the training centre & board cock ups. The price of the tickets, merchandising & hospitality doesn't go down when the debt is reduced, the value of the club does go up though.

What is the value of the club Ray? Already STF is out of pocket about £12m and we have debts of around £6m so your starting point, for STF to break even, is £18m. The only way we will get anybody to pay that is if we knock it down for housing.

Sudds_1
22-01-2012, 03:49 PM
The only debt showing is a loan from the parent company of £250k which attracts interest of about 5k a year.

I am not saying he wants no return on his "investment" but I am saying he has not got a cat's chance in hell of getting it and he knows it.

What is the value of the club Ray? Already STF is out of pocket about £12m and we have debts of around £6m so your starting point, for STF to break even, is £18m. The only way we will get anybody to pay that is if we knock it down for housing.

.........cue discussions on ground sharing and the hidden agenda being pursued by Farmer and Petrie.....:devil::rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
22-01-2012, 05:05 PM
This thread has taken on the usual does STF have the money to invest, why should he invest, why shouldnt he invest etc etc.

What confuses me is why we arnt looking more at the total failure of the board to find the sort of investment which will actually make a difference to the playing side of the club and why has a man with proven business accumen and I have no doubt superb business contacts, been unable to offload a business he has publicly stated he doesnt want.

More than it has ever been in the 20 years since he saved it Hibs are an attractive proposition, superb stadium, second to none training facility and the potential of 14 - 16,000 crowds with the right results.

Oh and anybody who wants to trot out the old one about being in a recession and so the money aint out there, dont bother. History has proved that if there is one thing that survives a recession unscathed its the super rich, in fact the clever ones get even richer in a recession and can still afford their expensive toys.

Forget the billions you have to spend to win the EPL or La Luiga or whatever. For the cost of two Man City players and their weekly wage you could win the SPL ........ Dont tell me that any club who could break the OF duopoly wouldnt make headlines all over Europe.

Thats glory on the cheap for any billionairre.

Ray_
22-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Where has the 12M that he is put of pocket come from?

Bostonhibby
22-01-2012, 06:59 PM
And therefore scuppering most of PF budget.

:agree: Sounds like another one of those unworkable legacies we were hearing about, this time from the consequences of another abortive managerial appointment.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2012, 07:05 PM
i have the cash for 2 ST's (my dad and i) its up to the board to invest in players for Fenlon, if they dont spend i wont. Simple as that

Way I am thinking sadly, the one my Sister in Law and I have will need seriously looked at, you really do not want to do it because of the effect but this is how low its got for us just now nothing else seems to matter, the statement in the programme yesterday got me thinking as well. Will wait and see.

weonlywon6-2
22-01-2012, 07:14 PM

last time we were in the first division you couldnt get a seat in the ground,crowds exceeding 15,000 at times.

wait a minute,is this rod`s plan :rolleyes:

King Paddy
22-01-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't.

Regarding Tom Farmer and investment in Hibernian F.C..
I know Douglas Crombe ex chairman of the 90s era,
when we were first interested in Darren jackson Dougie
asked Farmer for money to purchase Dazza he was told
in know uncertain terms to fund the deal yourselfs.
This is not heresay but from the horses mouth.
This might give us an insight into why we find ourselves
fighting relegation.

Albion Hibs
22-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I would be pretty happy with a couple of players this window, a decent midfielder and a CH, on that note has McPake been confimed yet?

We need someone in midfield who can move beyond the opposition midfield and actually find a pass. Based on yesterday with that I think we will have a decent enough team to move up the league / beat the teams that are currently having a laugh at our expense.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2012, 08:56 PM

What do you mean Ray?

Kaiser1962
22-01-2012, 08:57 PM
fighting relegation.

Did Dougie tell you about who funded the signing of Keith Wright?

stokesmessiah
22-01-2012, 08:58 PM
fighting relegation.

I think this is without a doubt the most ridiculous thing i have read on here. Well Done :top marks

Pedantic_Hibee
22-01-2012, 09:00 PM
fighting relegation.

Number 1) That doesnae rhyme.
Number 2) It's about as helpful as a fart on a first date
Number 3) You talk mair p1sh than Terry Wogan.

Saorsa
22-01-2012, 09:02 PM
... Just over a week to SPEND !!!

.. SPEND

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/bigtache-1.gif

Kaiser1962
22-01-2012, 09:09 PM
last time we were in the first division you couldnt get a seat in the ground,crowds exceeding 15,000 at times.

Where do you dig up this nonsense? Do you actually check stuff out before you post?

The Falcon
24-01-2012, 07:08 PM

Selling tyres? :dunno:

The Falcon
24-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Did we ever get over 15k in the first? I think this has been discussed before and the crowds weren't as great as people seem to remember.

The_Todd
24-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Number 1) That doesnae rhyme.

Funnily enough I was about to ask if it was meant to be a poem myself.

Kaiser1962
24-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Did we ever get over 15k in the first? I think this has been discussed before and the crowds weren't as great as people seem to remember.

No we didnt, although we did get close on the final game of the season at home against Falkirk with a crowd of 14,801.

During that season, including cup games, we played 20 times at ER. In those 20 home games the attendance was over 10k on six occasions.

Fergus52
24-01-2012, 09:08 PM

We pay the 4th highest in the spl.

Spike Mandela
24-01-2012, 10:14 PM
We pay the 4th highest in the spl.

No we don't. We have the 5th highest wage budget this year. This doesn't mean we pay the 4th or 5th highest wages.

Put simply for example if one team has a wage budget of £1m spread over 5 players and another has a wage budget of £0.5m spread over two players which team pays the highest wages?

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 10:20 PM
No we didnt, although we did get close on the final game of the season at home against Falkirk with a crowd of 14,801.

During that season, including cup games, we played 20 times at ER. In those 20 home games the attendance was over 10k on six occasions.

Pretty sure Ayr on boxing day and Raith at new year exceeded 15k plus.

Aldo
24-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Pretty sure Ayr on boxing day and Raith at new year exceeded 15k plus.

14,100 v Ayr and 14700 v RR.

I mind being at both games v early and massive queues,

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 10:33 PM

:aok:

Was at both games too...3-0 v Ayr on a very very windy boxing day...And 5-1 against Raith with Archie scoring before a minute was on the board.

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 10:34 PM

BTW Can i just ask where you got your stats?

smurf
24-01-2012, 11:16 PM
This nonsense of great - and indeed increased - crowds in the first division that is perpetuated time and time again does my head in....

The fact is the average gate at ER fell in the first division following the embarrassment of relegation. What is true is that the home support within the average held up quite well. However, although small it still fell... The main reason for the drop on the average was the reduced away support.

You get complete prats on radio etc "...Hibs proved a few years ago in the first division that winning football increases attendances...".

Errm NOT TRUE!

Infuriating...

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 11:26 PM
This nonsense of great - and indeed increased - crowds in the first division that is perpetuated time and time again does my head in....

The fact is the average gate at ER fell in the first division following the embarrassment of relegation. What is true is that the home support within the average held up quite well. However, although small it still fell... The main reason for the drop on the average was the reduced away support.

You get complete prats on radio etc "...Hibs proved a few years ago in the first division that winning football increases attendances...".

Errm NOT TRUE!

Infuriating...

Seriously Smurf?

Id be intreagued to know our crowds the season we got relegated compared to life in Div 1.

smurf
24-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Seriously Smurf?

Id be intreagued to know our crowds the season we got relegated compared to life in Div 1.

Mainly from memory. Convinced I'm right though.... Will do some digging of stats...

I would guess that we averaged around 10,000 in the first division and just under 12,000 the season we got relegated.

Feel completely sure the average fell in the first. And that was due to a fall in away numbers and indeed the Hibs support.

Kaiser1962
25-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Mainly from memory. Convinced I'm right though.... Will do some digging of stats...

I would guess that we averaged around 10,000 in the first division and just under 12,000 the season we got relegated.

Feel completely sure the average fell in the first. And that was due to a fall in away numbers and indeed the Hibs support.

There was a fall on average gates of about 1600 when we got relegated. Average gate for the great adventure was 10,433. Overall, for the eighteen home league games, 187,786 turned up at ER compared to 215,501 the previous season.

For clarity the three home games mentioned Ayr 3-0 (14106) on Boxing Day, Raith 5-1 (14703) on January 2nd, and the final (party) game against Falkirk 2-1 (14801) are the only three games of that season where gates topped 14k.

As a club we have averaged more than 14k over a season only once since season 73-74, and only three times in 50 years.

The_Todd
25-01-2012, 06:39 PM
There was a fall on average gates of about 1600 when we got relegated. Average gate for the great adventure was 10,433. Overall, for the eighteen home league games, 187,786 turned up at ER compared to 215,501 the previous season.

For clarity the three home games mentioned Ayr 3-0 (14106) on Boxing Day, Raith 5-1 (14703) on January 2nd, and the final (party) game against Falkirk 2-1 (14801) are the only three games of that season where gates topped 14k.

As a club we have averaged more than 14k over a season only once since season 73-74, and only three times in 50 years.

I'm sure the loss of 2 home derbies and 4 home OF games would have had an impact on this? What are the averages for each season taking these games away?

Seveno
25-01-2012, 07:10 PM
fighting relegation.

Is that the same Dougie Crombe that stood by Miller ?

Kaiser1962
25-01-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm sure the loss of 2 home derbies and 4 home OF games would have had an impact on this? What are the averages for each season taking these games away?

If you remove those games from season 97-98 the overall attendance drops to 127081 with an average attendance of 10590 (12025). In 98-99 (Div 1) you need to remove 6 of the 7 largest attendances to achieve a type of parity, and the overall attendance figure drops to 111380, or an average of 9282 (10433) at ER home games. The next season, when we finished 6th in the SPL, if you remove the games you mentioned then the overall attendance figure is 128392 with an average per game of 10699 (12070).