PDA

View Full Version : Hard to notice there is a game on today

down-the-slope
21-01-2012, 08:39 AM
looking at forum you might not realise that we are playing today at 3pm.......:rolleyes:

no team talk / match info anywhere....

its ady when if you get your finger out before 1pm there is the chance to take others to ER for nothing / reduced price as its a Hibs Kids day..

any team news?

how about

.................brown

francome .....stephens..... hanlon..... booth

..........scott .....lewis ........spoony

.....................osborne

...........O'Conner ........Sparky

HH81
21-01-2012, 08:44 AM
I personally think Doyle has to start up front.

O'Connor on the bench for me.

Franck is God
21-01-2012, 08:49 AM
O'Connor's arrival on the pitch won the game for us last week, he would start for me, I like what I've seen with Doyle but I think it's next season where we'll see him really establish himself.

For me the team today should be.

Brown

Francome---Stephens---Hanlon---Booth

Osbourne--Stevenson
Wotherspoon------------------------Sproule

O'Connor--Griffiths

Subs

Stack
Smith
O'Hanlon
Scott
Galbraith
Doyle
Caldwell

Craig_in_Prague
21-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Fairly tempting odds for Hibs..7/4 ...but i wont bet them and make it double misery if we dont win.

Agree Doyle should start. We need to defend better... Lost 2 goals in the last 2 games against pretty gash opposition whilst we lost 3 against Saintees last time out and also 2 at ER. We cant and wont score 3 each week in order to get a win or just a draw.

Fingers crossed for a good perormance and the Start of making ER not so comfertable for the away sides

mon the cabbage
21-01-2012, 08:50 AM
------------------------------------stack--------------------------------------------------

----Francomb------------Stephens------------------O'hanlon--------------------Hanlon-----

------------------------------------Osbourne-----------------------------------------------

------------------Spoony------------------------------Stevenson--------------------------

------------------------------------Sparky-------------------------------------------------

------------------------Doyle------------------O'connor------------------------------------

MON THE CABBAGE! :pfgwa

mon the cabbage
21-01-2012, 08:52 AM
doubt we will line up with that formation but I think it will be alll the same players.

down-the-slope
21-01-2012, 08:53 AM
O'Connor's arrival on the pitch won the game for us last week, he would start for me, I like what I've seen with Doyle but I think it's next season where we'll see him really establish himself.

For me the team today should be.

Brown

Francome---Stephens---Hanlon---Booth

Osbourne--Stevenson
Wotherspoon------------------------Sproule

O'Connor--Griffiths

Subs

Stack
Smith
O'Hanlon
Scott
Galbraith
Doyle
Caldwell

frank - almost exact same teams except Scott / Sproule..... why do you stick with Sproule when he has been poor / hopless all season ? ( the lad on trial from Arsenal can play wing :aok:)

Allant1981
21-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Brown
francombe
stephens
hanlon
booth
sproule
stevenson
osbourne
griffiths
o'connor
doyle

lucky
21-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Same team as started last week. Never change a winning team. But Pat might bring in Francomb for Spoons. Oconnor not fit enough so starts on the bench. I feel a comfortable 3-0 is on the cards

Franck is God
21-01-2012, 09:09 AM
frank - almost exact same teams except Scott / Sproule..... why do you stick with Sproule when he has been poor / hopless all season ? ( the lad on trial from Arsenal can play wing :aok:)

Murphy is only on trial and will play a bounce game on Monday, he may or may not sign. Scott wasn't even on the bench against Dunfermline so it would be a big jump to start, I think at most he would be on the bench, if he doesn't use Sproule on the left then Galbraith will get the nod or even Booth and Scott Smith could come in at left back.

I quite like Scott and think he is technically a good player but I'm not sure if he has the pace for the SPL, Ivan is not perfect but he does pose a real attacking threat with his pace and simply be him being on the pitch the opposing full back has to think twice before going forward.

erin go bragh
21-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Ill go for

----------------------Stack
---Francome---Stephens---Hanlon---Booth

---Wotherspoon--Osbourne--Stevenson--Murphy

-----------Oconnor------Grifiths

ggtth

Franck is God
21-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Same team as started last week. Never change a winning team. But Pat might bring in Francomb for Spoons. Oconnor not fit enough so starts on the bench. I feel a comfortable 3-0 is on the cards

The team that started last week didn't really win the game the team that finished it did, I can see Francome starting in place of Hart and O'Connor in place of Doyle.

Francome has been brought in the play RB and the fact he can cover in midfield is a bonus, O'Connor made a big difference when he came on last week and with another weeks training he will start I'm sure.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2012, 09:15 AM

But the team that started last week never won :confused:

Sammy7nil
21-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Only one change for me from last week
Spoony needs a rest and Francomb looked good playing in midfield he will also offer more protectection for Hart.

If things are not going well Gary and Spoony are two strong subs.

Cropley10
21-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Murphy is only on trial and will play a bounce game on Monday, he may or may not sign. Scott wasn't even on the bench against Dunfermline so it would be a big jump to start, I think at most he would be on the bench, if he doesn't use Sproule on the left then Galbraith will get the nod or even Booth and Scott Smith could come in at left back.

I quite like Scott and think he is technically a good player but I'm not sure if he has the pace for the SPL, Ivan is not perfect but he does pose a real attacking threat with his pace and simply be him being on the pitch the opposing full back has to think twice before going forward.

Sproule's not beaten a player all season with this pace of his.

Bishop Hibee
21-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm enjoying the optimism on this thread but given that we are a long way from the finished article and our defence leaks like a sieve I'll go for a 2-2 draw. Hope I'm proved wrong but they will have Sandaza and Sheridan upfront which is a worry.

Hibbyradge
21-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Unfortunately, I expect a St Johnstone/ICT double today.

AlbertK86
21-01-2012, 10:06 AM
I think PF will stick with the same starting 11 as he seems to be trying to get some consistency in the team. The fact we won last week re-iterates my thoughts.

However if I was the gaffer I would like to push Booth up to LM as I really think he can do some damage going forward and aint safe at LB.

Ideally would have a new centre half in so that Hanlon can go back out to LB. Think he is better there than at CB.

As we don't have a new CB will stick with last weeks pairing bring Smith in at LB and drop Sproule

Brown

Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Smith

Spoon
Ozzy
Stevenson
Booth

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs

Stack
Francomb
O'Hanlon
Scott
Sproule
Stanton
Caldwell

Franck is God
21-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Sproule's not beaten a player all season with this pace of his.

Sproule is not my favourite player and if we had better then I'd be happy for him to be left out but your comment isn't really true is it?

He beats lots of players with his pace, unfortunately he then stops to get the ball on his right foot and the majority of times loses possession but occasionally he creates a goal scoring opportunity and he does it more often than Galbraith so unless Fenlon signs someone better he will play most weeks.

Hibs90
21-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Brown

Hart ( :rolleyes: )
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Wotherspoon
Osbourne
Stevenson
Galbraith

Doyle
Sparky

Winning team IMO :greengrin

FromTheCapital
21-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Stack

Francomb
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Osbourne
Stevenson
Wotherspoon

Doyle
O'Connor
Griffiths

SUBS :

Brown
Hart
O'Hanlon
Scott
Sproule
Galbraith
Stanton

Bobby's Cinema
21-01-2012, 10:31 AM
I'll be quite happy as long as it remains Hanlon and Stephens at the back

AlbertK86
21-01-2012, 10:35 AM
I'll be quite happy as long as it remains Hanlon and Stephens at the back

Ideally none of them in ma team at CB but that's all we've got these days. SOH not the answer.

Would like 2 new in there

stokesmessiah
21-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Ill go for

----------------------Stack
---Francome---Stephens---Hanlon---Booth

---Wotherspoon--Osbourne--Stevenson--Murphy

-----------Oconnor------Grifiths

ggtth

I think there may be some complaints about us playing someone we don't hold registration papers for or have signed?

Bobby's Cinema
21-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Ideally none of them in ma team at CB but that's all we've got these days. SOH not the answer.

Would like 2 new in there
Agreed. Stephens was a standout last weekend though, especially 2nd half. Need consistency week to week from him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Agreed. Stephens was a standout last weekend though, especially 2nd half. Need consistency week to week from him.

Stephens needs to play as if he has already been booked. Don't mean that he should hold back, but that he should be carefull and precise and concentrate for 90 minutes. After he got his yellow last week he was outstanding.

Sergeant Hibs
21-01-2012, 11:36 AM
4-3-1-2

Stack

Francomb
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Ozzy
Lewie
Spoony

Sparky

Doyle
GOC

spike220
21-01-2012, 11:59 AM
4-3-1-2

Stack

Francomb
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Ozzy
Lewie
Spoony

Sparky

Doyle
GOC

I like this team & formation and would go along with it. Sparky, Doyle & GOC would certianly keep their defence busy all afternoon.

What about the subs...??

GGTTH

spike220
21-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I am not sure if I should watch this game today, since as soon as I stopped watching us we started winning!!!

Whats the right thing to do????

GGTTH

Jones28
21-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Stack
Francomb Stephens Hanlon Booth
Wotherspoon Osbourne Stevenson
Griffiths Galbraith
O'connor

Potential in the team I reckon, a 4-3-3.

HibeeSince85
21-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Heading through now, I'd go with the team that won last weekend, possibly start Gaz.

I think we'll win today, first time I've thought that in awhile.