PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gladbach batter Bayern

nonshinyfinish
21-01-2012, 12:28 AM
The Bundesliga restarted after the Christmas break tonight, with Borussia Monchengladbach turning over a Bayern team that had looked unstoppable last year. The win took the Foals above Dortmund into second place, one point behind the Bavarian bell-ends.

This from a team who only avoided relegation in a play-off last season (admittedly with the help of a back-heel volley) - it gives me hope, a timely reminder of how fast fortunes change in football.

N.B. You'll be seeing more of Marco 'Rolls' Reus, either in the EPL or in an international football tournament near you.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-01-2012, 12:32 AM
You mustve missed the ESPN thread!

nonshinyfinish
21-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Indeed I did.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2012, 02:35 AM
The Bundesliga restarted after the Christmas break tonight, with Borussia Monchengladbach turning over a Bayern team that had looked unstoppable last year. The win took the Foals above Dortmund into second place, one point behind the Bavarian bell-ends.

This from a team who only avoided relegation in a play-off last season (admittedly with the help of a back-heel volley) - it gives me hope, a timely reminder of how fast fortunes change in football.

N.B. You'll be seeing more of Marco 'Rolls' Reus, either in the EPL or in an international football tournament near you.Joining Dortmund at the end of the season.

down-the-slope
21-01-2012, 11:56 AM
best ever away support I have seen was in Munich centre when BMG came to play...was about 30 years ago....the volume of football trains was un-beleivable...just a sea of humanity and noise colour pouring out of central station that went on furtehr than you could see...

NRW_Hibbie
21-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Was at the game last night - absolutely awesome counter-attacking performance from Gladbach. Marco Reus will be sorely missed next season and almost certainly impossible to replace although Patrick Herrmann looks a real class act.

Wir sind Borussia!

PeeJay
21-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Was at the game last night - absolutely awesome counter-attacking performance from Gladbach. Marco Reus will be sorely missed next season and almost certainly impossible to replace although Patrick Hermann looks a real class act.

Wir sind Borussia!

Great game of football from BG - perfectly organised defence and they contained the 'mighty' Bayern with hardly any fouls - a joy to watch when counterattacking - The pass from Reus for the third goal was genius - wonder if we'll see anything like that today?
:flag:

Godsahibby
21-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Was at the game last night - absolutely awesome counter-attacking performance from Gladbach. Marco Reus will be sorely missed next season and almost certainly impossible to replace although Patrick Herrmann looks a real class act.

Wir sind Borussia!

I like the look of thre goalie as well, is it Stegen? Young and a vry class act, always looks so comfortable and compose, seen him a few times now and if Munich were happy to pay 25m for Neuer it is scary to think how much Stegen could be worth.

NRW_Hibbie
21-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I like the look of thre goalie as well, is it Stegen? Young and a vry class act, always looks so comfortable and compose, seen him a few times now and if Munich were happy to pay 25m for Neuer it is scary to think how much Stegen could be worth.

He shows incredible composure at just 19 years old. His distribution from the hand is excellent, but his kicking is sometimes a bit wayward. His shot stopping is as good as any I've seen and he is able to organise his defence extremely well. Some prospect!