PDA

View Full Version : its not just the singing section thats allowed to sing!

Hibees ya bas
19-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi,

I have finally decided to post something on here rather than just reading in on others comments, many good I may add!

Just to follow on from a few other threads that have been on here lately I urge that the fans (we are all Hibees who want the same thing), start getting behind the team again, like we all use too!

I am sick of constant moaning at players, some cop it more than others and its like some fans just can't wait for them to make a mistake just to proove they are right how bad they are. We know that the current squad is not good but shouting abuse, telling them to GTF and h ow S*** they are will not help them play any better, lets save all that stuff for slagging the opposition, which I do not have an issue with!!.

Lets all get behind the team and the Manager, its not just the singing section thats allowed to make some noise, if the person next to you starts singing you start singing too (rather than look at him like he has 2 heads) and the place will soon have an atmosphere again.

None of us want to shout/sing when the team is getting beat but lets get behind the team from the moment they come on the pitch GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
19-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi roderick, welcome to .net :greengrin

p.s. YLT ya bas

Hibees ya bas
19-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, lets here the chant are you Petrie in disguise...!!

Hi roderick, welcome to .net :greengrin

p.s. YLT ya bas

Persevere80
19-01-2012, 01:24 PM
I like a good sing song, and 9 times out of 10 i will know the song and join in but i found most of the noise comes from the east when i was sitting in the FF with a friends top up cup ticket. I hope most people take note of the OP's point, get behind the Hibs and dont be afraid to have a sing along to join in the atmosphere around the rest of the stadium.

:flag:

frazeHFC
19-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Quite often when the East sings i will join in which will get others in the FF going but this is mainly big games. Gona try it a lot more so if you are in the FF don't be scared to join in. :thumbsup:

Seanair
19-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi,

I have finally decided to post something on here rather than just reading in on others comments, many good I may add!

Just to follow on from a few other threads that have been on here lately I urge that the fans (we are all Hibees who want the same thing), start getting behind the team again, like we all use too!

I am sick of constant moaning at players, some cop it more than others and its like some fans just can't wait for them to make a mistake just to proove they are right how bad they are. We know that the current squad is not good but shouting abuse, telling them to GTF and h ow S*** they are will not help them play any better, lets save all that stuff for slagging the opposition, which I do not have an issue with!!.

Lets all get behind the team and the Manager, its not just the singing section thats allowed to make some noise, if the person next to you starts singing you start singing too (rather than look at him like he has 2 heads) and the place will soon have an atmosphere again.

None of us want to shout/sing when the team is getting beat but lets get behind the team from the moment they come on the pitch GGTTH

The reason many people don't sing is because our "songs" are crap and outdated--all about hating other teams or stating the alleged sexual tendencies of ex-Hearts players.
A club which has The Proclaimers and Fish as supporters should encourage a new POSITIVE anthem which everybody (especially kids) could sing. And by the way that outdated song over the tannoy about being the best against "the continentals" should also be binned!:grr:

McKenzie
19-01-2012, 02:07 PM
The reason many people don't sing is because our "songs" are crap and outdated--all about hating other teams or stating the alleged sexual tendencies of ex-Hearts players.
A club which has The Proclaimers and Fish as supporters should encourage a new POSITIVE anthem which everybody (especially kids) could sing. And by the way that outdated song over the tannoy about being the best against "the continentals" should also be binned!:grr:

You moan about not singing the anthems, yet you want to bin the Glory Glory to the Hibees song?

bighairyfaeleith
19-01-2012, 02:11 PM

FISH, I think a few on here could do better:greengrin

The OP is right though, sing ya *******s, I cannae cos I can't be arsed going, but if I could!!

frazeHFC
19-01-2012, 02:47 PM

There was a new song with no swearing or anything anti-hibs that we sung a lot going to, at the game, and on the way home on Saturday. If it catches on it really is a brilliant song. So people are willing to make songs, it's just getting the rest of the support to join in.

And if you mean the GGTTH song then no way that should be binned!

RIP
19-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I huvnae heard the Yam, body part or peado sheight for months. It's been mostly guid Hibs songs and player-supporting tunes which are great for confidence.

We do need a song for Lewis tho - any ideas?

villager
19-01-2012, 05:11 PM
And by the way that outdated song over the tannoy about being the best against "the continentals" should also be binned!:grr:

clueless

Eyrie
19-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I learnt that "outdated song" at primary school, and much prefer it to the maudlin "Sunshine On Leith".

GGTTH!

lyonhibs
19-01-2012, 09:24 PM

Wait a minute, what???!!!???

You do know what that song is, right?

I wish the phlanx of Gary Barlow's and Elton John's in our support that persisently come up with multi-verse arias before every big game that they would "love to see ring round the stadium on Saturday" would get real. Any more than about 4 lines before a simple chorus everyone can join in with and your looking at a "new" song that will never see the light of day IMO. Nowt wrong with the old classics - there's a reason they've stood the test of time :agree:

GGTTH

P.S. There's a clue.

Hibees ya bas
19-01-2012, 10:10 PM
up for any new song as long as its simple, catchy and fun, but must say you can't beat the fans singing GGTH, we are Hibernian FC, we hate.. or Hail, Hail, anyone who was at hampden when they played GGTH this after we won cup would surely agree.

Do think it would be good if Hibs aproached the Proclaimers to release a quicker version more up to date verion and mayber miss out the verse about topping the league (unless its the first division they are referring too!) and make up a new verse or two too!, could do it for charity and could play before games at speed the fans could keep up with, they could do the same with Sunshine on Leith to, a Hibs mix version!!

What ever happened to the old chant of Hibees, Hibees, when the teams come ot and when we have corners... thats an easy one for everyone to remember too!

HYB!!

Chuck Rhoades
19-01-2012, 10:50 PM
The song that caught on at Dunfy was:

Country Roads -

Take me home, take me home
To the place, I belong
To Easter Road, to see the Hibees

To the place, I belong

Nanana, Hibees, Nanana, Hibees, Nanana, Nanana

Leith San Siro, Seven Zero, Take Me Home, To Easter Road

--

The good thing about it as I saw people who didnt travel with us eventually start joining in. This, on top of it being sung SLOWLY and not 100mph like Hail Hail made it effective.

frazeHFC
19-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Handed a bunch of the sheets to the lads behind who passed them around their lot, and i saw them thoroughly enjoying it too. It really is brilliant.

Spent ages trying to think of a song that could be sung for Stevenson, but apart from using a song we have for other players, it's really difficult to get one with his name.

RIP
20-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Handed a bunch of the sheets to the lads behind who passed them around their lot, and i saw them thoroughly enjoying it too. It really is brilliant.

Spent ages trying to think of a song that could be sung for Stevenson, but apart from using a song we have for other players, it's really difficult to get one with his name.

Good point Fraze - that's maybe the way to go. Don't reinvent the wheel - eh :thumbsup:

He's one of our own, He's one of our own
Lewis Stevenson
He's one of our own

Doo-doo-doo-doo
Lewis StevensonPigbag/Makalambay tune

Seanair
20-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Wait a minute, what???!!!???

You do know what that song is, right?

I wish the phlanx of Gary Barlow's and Elton John's in our support that persisently come up with multi-verse arias before every big game that they would "love to see ring round the stadium on Saturday" would get real. Any more than about 4 lines before a simple chorus everyone can join in with and your looking at a "new" song that will never see the light of day IMO. Nowt wrong with the old classics - there's a reason they've stood the test of time :agree:

GGTTH

P.S. There's a clue.

I'm not against GGTTH but I don't hear it sung much. It's the "hate" songs and the one that rhymes with "mastered " that I think are totally out of date. The tannoy song is unlikely to inspire any Hibs player to do better--the world has changed. The song is embarrassing.

I agree that we need short sharp songs for during a game to get behind the players, but I would also like a Hibs anthem which the whole crowd could sing.

dangermouse
20-01-2012, 10:52 AM
I've travelled to the last two away games by train and was rather disheartend that the song sung loudest and most often was the Wallace Mercer song. I know he was never flavour of the month down ER way but please can we consign this disgusting dirge to the bin never to be resurrected again.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I've travelled to the last two away games by train and was rather disheartend that the song sung loudest and most often was the Wallace Mercer song. I know he was never flavour of the month down ER way but please can we consign this disgusting dirge to the bin never to be resurrected again.

I still think it has a place in our song list. Maybe its being petty, but i hate that man with so much passion, i cant let it go.

Hibees ya bas
20-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I still think it has a place in our song list. Maybe its being petty, but i hate that man with so much passion, i cant let it go.

I still hate the man too and always will, but don't think it needs to be sang at ER anymore, it should be one for thr Hibs pubs before a derby or cup final (not sure when that will next be!)!

Hibees ya bas
20-01-2012, 11:15 AM
The song that caught on at Dunfy was:

Country Roads -

To the place, I belong

To the place, I belong

Nanana, Hibees, Nanana, Hibees, Nanana, Nanana

Leith San Siro, Seven Zero, Take Me Home, To Easter Road

--

The good thing about it as I saw people who didnt travel with us eventually start joining in. This, on top of it being sung SLOWLY and not 100mph like Hail Hail made it effective.

Brilliant!

frazeHFC
20-01-2012, 11:22 AM
It really is :thumbsup:

For Stevenson:

Ohhhh Lewy Lewy
He's always been a Hibee and he always will

?

bawheid
20-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Good point Fraze - that's maybe the way to go. Don't reinvent the wheel - eh :thumbsup:

He's one of our own, He's one of our own
Lewis Stevenson
He's one of our own

Doo-doo-doo-doo
Lewis StevensonPigbag/Makalambay tune

It really is :thumbsup:

For Stevenson:

Ohhhh Lewy Lewy
He's always been a Hibee and he always will

?

Pretty sure he's a Raith Rovers fan. :confused:

Chuck Rhoades
20-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Another that got going no the train/in the ground:

Boney M - Rivers of Babylon

We're the Hibees from Easter Road
That's where we play
Come see the Hibs
Fenlon's Green & White Army

frazeHFC
20-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Pretty sure he's a Raith Rovers fan. :confused:

Ssshhh :greengrin

frazeHFC
20-01-2012, 11:55 AM
The alee alee song is class too. Can't get a video link atm to post how they do it elsewhere but the words we did are:

Alee alee alay ohhh
Alee alee alay ohhh
Hibernian FC
From the capital

It's great and even our oldest ever member Desperate Dan likes it so everyone will. :thumbsup:

dangermouse
20-01-2012, 12:36 PM

I still hate the man too and always will, but don't think it needs to be sang at ER anymore, it should be one for thr Hibs pubs before a derby or cup final (not sure when that will next be!)!

I dispair. As Hibs fans we really drag ourselves into the gutter by celebrating the death of a human being. He tried to close our great club down, he failed. Lets leave this sort of crap to Hertz and the OF to glorify.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I dispair. As Hibs fans we really drag ourselves into the gutter by celebrating the death of a human being. He tried to close our great club down, he failed. Lets leave this sort of crap to Hertz and the OF to glorify.

The gutter is one step up from them, i'm quite happy with that. If its sung i will always join in, and until my last breath will always be happy to do so.

frazeHFC
20-01-2012, 02:52 PM
The gutter is one step up from them, i'm quite happy with that. If its sung i will always join in, and until my last breath will always be happy to do so.

:tee hee:

Tell all the Hearts you know!....

Sudds_1
20-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I huvnae heard the Yam, body part or peado sheight for months. It's been mostly guid Hibs songs and player-supporting tunes which are great for confidence.

We do need a song for Lewis tho - any ideas?

Hi Ho. Hi Ho, its off to work I go..........:greengrin