PDA

View Full Version : NEW Hibernian TV

green glory
19-01-2012, 10:41 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120119/new-hibernian-tv_2262950_2581726

Glad they've got round to improving this as the picture quality was poor and the aspect ratio was all wrong. Will be interesting to see it this afternoon. Would like to see a lot more historical games on it. Now they just have to sort the iPhone app.

:flag:

Andy74
19-01-2012, 10:50 AM

Glad they've round to improving this as the picture quality was poor and the aspect ratio was all wrong. Will be interesting to see it this afternoon. Would like to see a lot more historical games on it. Now they just have to sort the iPhone app.

I'm sure almost nobody will agree with me and its just a stupid thing and I'm sure he is the best man for the job and all that but it doesn't feel right all those interviews for Hibs TV being done with an English accent.

SteveHFC
19-01-2012, 10:52 AM

Glad they've round to improving this as the picture quality was poor and the aspect ratio was all wrong. Will be interesting to see it this afternoon. Would like to see a lot more historical games on it. Now they just have to sort the iPhone app.

find this bit strange
"we are pleased to announce that Hibernian TV International will replace Hibernian TV LIVE from this weekend going forward.
The quality of the video stream enabling you to watch the action from afar will be vastly superior to the previous video stream used on TV LIVE. Full price details will be available when the relaunch happens this afternoon. Please note a sizeable amount of Hibernian matches will be broadcast via Hibernian International (both home and away), but not every home game as before with TV LIVE"

PeeJay
19-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm sure almost nobody will agree with me and its just a stupid thing and I'm sure he is the best man for the job and all that but it doesn't feel right all those interviews for Hibs TV being done with an English accent.

My best friend lives down South in England - he has "an English accent" - he's been there since he was 12, he is however a huge Hibs fan and is up whenever he can make it - surely the accent per se is not a problem?

greenlex
19-01-2012, 11:01 AM
find this bit strange
"we are pleased to announce that Hibernian TV International will replace Hibernian TV LIVE from this weekend going forward.
The quality of the video stream enabling you to watch the action from afar will be vastly superior to the previous video stream used on TV LIVE. Full price details will be available when the relaunch happens this afternoon. Please note a sizeable amount of Hibernian matches will be broadcast via Hibernian International (both home and away), but not every home game as before with TV LIVE"

It might be a hook up with a company that already does the old firm for example. Maybe the old firm would kybosh those games because they already transmit them internationally through their own outlets? :dunno:

IberianHibernian
find this bit strange

Part you`ve highlighted is worrying . Wonder which home matches will not be shown . This may explain why season ticket has yet to be offered this season when originally they said it`d be available from October I think .

Andy74
My best friend lives down South in England - he has "an English accent" - he's been there since he was 12, he is however a huge Hibs fan and is up whenever he can make it - surely the accent per se is not a problem?

No, agreed, it's just stupid, but it still bothers me. :greengrin

PeeJay
19-01-2012, 11:02 AM
find this bit strange

Yeah - that amazed as well - as an overseas fan I love watching all the home games - be interesting to see how many home games are not going go be shown... can't quite see why this has to be the case and how this is an improvement?:confused:

greenlex
19-01-2012, 11:03 AM

No its not his accent that grinds my gears its his delivery and his mundane voice. He actually makes it sound like he would rather be anywhere else than doing an interview. No passion for it.

SteveHFC
19-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah - that amazed as well - as an overseas fan I love watching all the home games - be interesting to see how many home games are not going go be shown... can't quite see why this has to be the case and how this is an improvement?:confused:

I'm guessing that what they are about to do is exactly what they did at Hearts.

There will be no 'local' involvement in 'international live' - it will be taken from a feed in London and fed to the internet from there. That is why they can't guarantee every game any more - because not every game will send a live feed to the London studio.

The club will get little or nothing from this

only at hibs can they go backwards going forward

NYHibby
19-01-2012, 11:05 AM

It could be worse. He could have my accent.

Aubenas
19-01-2012, 11:06 AM
But still not Mac friendly?????:confused::brickwall

just_joe
19-01-2012, 11:06 AM
I agree about the interviewer. It doesn't feel right to me with an English accent also. Although the main problem I have with him is that when hes commentating/interviewing he doesn't seem to know his arse from his elbow when it comes to Hibs.

SteveHFC
19-01-2012, 11:08 AM

will be in flash format, watched the last hibs v aberdeen match from ER on red tv and it was flash

PeeJay
19-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm guessing that what they are about to do is exactly what they did at Hearts.

There will be no 'local' involvement in 'international live' - it will be taken from a feed in London and fed to the internet from there. That is why they can't guarantee every game any more - because not every game will send a live feed to the London studio.

The club will get little or nothing from this

only at hibs can they go backwards going forward

Been a member for some years now - seems to me the further it gets away from the local feel the less good it does the club as a whole ... and the less connected I feel to it as a fan...

jonty
19-01-2012, 11:16 AM
will be in flash format, watched the last hibs v aberdeen match from ER on red tv and it was flash
not ipad friendly then :greengrin

greenlex
19-01-2012, 11:24 AM
not ipad friendly then :greengrin
its ****ing so stupid. I wish Apple and Adobe would grow up. There is surely something in it for both parties to make up. With Apples founder no more you would think this would be possible.:grr:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2012, 11:42 AM
No its not his accent that grinds my gears its his delivery and his mundane voice. He actually makes it sound like he would rather be anywhere else than doing an interview. No passion for it.

Thats how i feel too. Its nothing to do with his accent, he just sounds bored. If it was all about accents, nobody would like Boozy doing it?

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I always felt that the interviews were being held in a toilet as the sound was terrible, Hibs really have to up the sticks about this for me to have any idea of paying for it, it's been terrible in the past but I do hope this is the turning point.

greenlex
19-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Thats how i feel too. Its nothing to do with his accent, he just sounds bored. If it was all about accents, nobody would like Boozy doing it?
Should maybe get Macar to do it:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Should maybe get Macar to do it:greengrin

:faf: His 2 minute stint on Jim traynors show every week is more than enough thank you very much. :greengrin

Andy74
19-01-2012, 11:51 AM

Maybe that's it. He just reminds me of all these boring idiots I meet in London that are supposedly big football fans, probably support Aresenal and when you talk to them about anything its obvious they don't know the first thing about their club or football in general.

Craig_in_Prague
19-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Have not watched live home game since Aberdeen early in the season.

Quality is just so average/poor, you can usually find better streams online for free.

Besides the commentary isn't what it used to be either, but perhaps being a crap team for 2 years has been the biggest reason I don't part with my money or waste my time watching......... It's good to hear the picture might be better, but not all games sounds strange and like Saturday, the game is on 2 or 3 Sat channels, meaning some pubs may have it and there will be a free stream online.

I used to absolutely love the HI TV live, but as I said many factors has put me off.

Beefster
19-01-2012, 12:04 PM
its ****ing so stupid. I wish Apple and Adobe would grow up. There is surely something in it for both parties to make up. With Apples founder no more you would think this would be possible.:grr:

Adobe have stopped the development of mobile Flash anyway.

SteveHFC
19-01-2012, 12:07 PM
notice bbc alba are showing game on sat which backs up my earlier post that games will be streamed from london

RyeSloan
19-01-2012, 12:25 PM

Or maybe they shoudl develop the service without using flash...since they know that this will not be available to a significant amout of users :confused:

Gatecrasher
19-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Glad they've got round to improving this as the picture quality was poor and the aspect ratio was all wrong. Will be interesting to see it this afternoon. Would like to see a lot more historical games on it. Now they just have to sort the iPhone app.

I was going to bring this up at some point, but is anyone else having trouble reading the news stories on the app, it seems to crash when i want to check the news. I dont think they have updated it for iOS5

Hibee_Dave
19-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I actually think the guy who does the interviews (Andrew Sleight) is pretty decent and makes a nice change from some of the monotone idiots in the media in Scotland. I think he does his research reasonably well and shows it in interviews asking questions relating to the club's history, current issues etc etc. He's a professional journalist and used to work for the SRU for quite a while - I think for Hibs to have landed someone like that is actually a good piece of work - he's behind everything media-wise at the club, including the programme (for which he won editor of the year).

I think having a go at him based on his accent is incredibly petty to be honest and almost smacks of a "we don't like 'um cos he's English"....of course, the OP may not mean that but if he does then it's appalling tbh!

Also, if it's the same guy, he wrote Robbie Keane's biography! So he's not just some mug off the street.

But hey, there's just no pleasing some people!

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2012, 12:54 PM
I actually think the guy who does the interviews (Andrew Sleight) is pretty decent and makes a nice change from some of the monotone idiots in the media in Scotland. I think he does his research reasonably well and shows it in interviews asking questions relating to the club's history, current issues etc etc. He's a professional journalist and used to work for the SRU for quite a while - I think for Hibs to have landed someone like that is actually a good piece of work - he's behind everything media-wise at the club, including the programme (for which he won editor of the year).

I think having a go at him based on his accent is incredibly petty to be honest and almost smacks of a "we don't like 'um cos he's English"....of course, the OP may not mean that but if he does then it's appalling tbh!

Also, if it's the same guy, he wrote Robbie Keane's biography! So he's not just some mug off the street.

But hey, there's just no pleasing some people!

Not for me, i just find him boring. His manner in the way he interviews is dull as dish water imo. Maybe he's suited to rugby, because imo he does not give me what i want from a Hibs interviewer or commentator.

Being English has nothing to do with this whatsoever, as i said earlier, Boozy comes over well because he's enthusiastic, and you can tell he just wants us to do so well.

Andrew does none of that, and personally he puts me off listening. Well done for being editor of programme of the year, maybe thats what he's good at, but should leave the commentary and interviews to someone else?

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2012, 01:03 PM
The English make the best commentators/presenters. For some reason a quite plummy middle to lower class English accent delivered by a guy you know is a totally boring barsteward works perfectly with the old industrial working-class game of association football.

PeeJay
19-01-2012, 01:07 PM
As a fan I greatly enjoyed the John Campbell / Willie Dunn / Cliff Pike/ Luke Shanley "era" - think Martin Glancy does an OK job - Andrew's interviews I used to enjoy (when I was able to watch hibs TV interviews), but his commentating lacked enough "out of your head" emotion for me - whereas Boozy's whacky Gallic temperament is sometimes too OTT, although he brings the professional player's insights which are invaluable ...

Mind you I used to think Kenneth Wolstenholme was the quintessential commentator...

Jonnyboy
19-01-2012, 08:10 PM
As a fan I greatly enjoyed the John Campbell / Willie Dunn / Cliff Pike/ Luke Shanley "era" - think Martin CLancy does an OK job - Andrew's interviews I used to enjoy (when I was able to watch hibs TV interviews), but his commentating lacked enough "out of your head" emotion for me - whereas Boozy's whacky Gallic temperament is sometimes too OTT, although he brings the professional player's insights which are invaluable ...

Mind you I used to think Kenneth Wolstenholme was the quintessential commentator...

Thanks PeeJay, I loved doing that stuff :greengrin

PS If you're reading this Andrew I'll happily come out of 'retirement' next season :greengrin

HiBremian
19-01-2012, 09:20 PM
I was going to bring this up at some point, but is anyone else having trouble reading the news stories on the app, it seems to crash when i want to check the news. I dont think they have updated it for iOS5

I've got similar problems. Contacted performgroup, or whoever delivers hibstv these days, and they said they are aware of the iOS5 problem and are "working on it". Feel sorry for anyone who's updated and still paying the sub - luckily I still have iOS4 on an old ipod..

Twiglet
19-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Has anyone been into Hibs TV tonight? I've logged in and tried to watch things, but it just buffers and nothing happens. It was last night as I watched the under 19s v Airdrie highlights. The wee freeview player on the website works ok, but the actual Hibs TV doesn't work. I've tried on chrome and internet explorer but with no luck. I've got the latest version of Adobe flash player and shockwave.
I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem before I start pestering people from Performgroup about it.

thebakerboy
19-01-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm still getting "PLEASE COME BACK LATER TO TAKE A LOOK"

Mikeystewart
19-01-2012, 11:36 PM

I'm afraid Adobe are the ones who should have taken the money offered to them by apple in the first place.

Flash is a dying tool which is well on its way to being discontinued by Adobe. They have already stopped development on their mobile version of Flash, and will be replaced by technologies such as HTML5 which will become a world wide standard within the next 2-3 years and will not suffer from licencing constraints of Flash. :coffee:

Don't worry, we will be done with Flash eventually :pray:.

Septimus
20-01-2012, 09:44 AM
It would be interesting to hear the accents in the dressing room at ER.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2012, 09:47 AM

They have bored the tits off me too.

Dalianwanda
20-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Ive not had a look but take it we won't get live games here..I know it's not a Hibs decision but interest has grown greatly since the appointment of pf..

Andy74
20-01-2012, 09:56 AM

I dont think it would be interesting at all.

Speedway
20-01-2012, 10:59 AM

English accents rarely are.

Billy McKirdy
20-01-2012, 11:27 AM
One of the main reasons I subscribed to Hibs TV was to get access to their classic games features, there are a few games listed there that are not (as yet) available elsewhere online :thumbsup:, unfortunately more than a few of of those games listed are not available on Hibs TV either even though they advertise that they are :confused:. One game in particular, the 1985 Skol Cup semi-final at Ibrox, was one of the games I really wanted to see...

I e-mailed the club about this a couple of months age and this is what they said to me...!

Andrew Sleight kindly replied :wink:

Hi ****

Thanks for your email and continued support of Hibernian TV. I’m pleased to confirm that we’ve got the match you’re looking for and we will air it online next week in the build-up to the Rangers match.

If you would like a DVD of the match burned off then please let me know because we’d be more than happy to facilitate your request

Once again, glad to hear you’re enjoying Hibernian TV

Kind regards

Andrew

In fairness, they replied relatively quickly, unfortunately the promise intimated in the reply was not fulfilled at all :rolleyes:, now this is not really on in my book, the website takes my, and everyone elses money, year after year and for what is promised, very little of any real quality is delivered in return.

I look forward to seeing the new Hibs TV, I just hope the improvements and more than cosmetic,

I wont hold my breath though :wink:

dangermouse
20-01-2012, 11:39 AM

I've reported this but the more people that do will maybe speed up a fix for iOS5

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Does this work on android? I have a galaxy s2 and can get the page up, sign in but it says buffering for a while and i just give up?:confused:

bawheid
20-01-2012, 12:38 PM
One of the main reasons I subscribed to Hibs TV was to get access to their classic games features, there are a few games listed there that are not (as yet) available elsewhere online :thumbsup:, unfortunately more than a few of of those games listed are not available on Hibs TV either even though they advertise that they are :confused:. One game in particular, the 1985 Skol Cup semi-final at Ibrox, was one of the games I really wanted to see...

I e-mailed the club about this a couple of months age and this is what they said to me...!

Andrew Sleight kindly replied :wink:

Hi ****

Thanks for your email and continued support of Hibernian TV. I’m pleased to confirm that we’ve got the match you’re looking for and we will air it online next week in the build-up to the Rangers match.

If you would like a DVD of the match burned off then please let me know because we’d be more than happy to facilitate your request

Once again, glad to hear you’re enjoying Hibernian TV

Kind regards

Andrew

In fairness, they replied relatively quickly, unfortunately the promise intimated in the reply was not fulfilled at all :rolleyes:, now this is not really on in my book, the website takes my, and everyone elses money, year after year and for what is promised, very little of any real quality is delivered in return.

I look forward to seeing the new Hibs TV, I just hope the improvements and more than cosmetic,

I wont hold my breath though :wink:

It was a decent reply from Andrew Sleight. Bit off of him to call you a **** though.

FranckSuzy
20-01-2012, 12:40 PM
It was a decent reply from Andrew Sleight. Bit off of him to call you a **** though.

:tee hee:

PeeJay
20-01-2012, 12:51 PM
... is the new site relaunch up and running in the UK - or anywhere?:confused:

jonty
20-01-2012, 01:04 PM
... is the new site relaunch up and running in the UK - or anywhere?:confused:
apparently it is now.

Billy McKirdy
20-01-2012, 02:41 PM

To be fair to Andrew, he got right back to me this afternoon and was quite rightly put out by my comments here on this thread, it's so easy to anonomously criticise and vilify on these forums, and in retrospect I was over the top in all my criticism of the club, I've already apologised to Andrew by e-mail, as he quite rightly pointed out to me, the clip I was referring to has been uploaded online on the Hibs YouTube channel and not only that, I failed to point out that (even though it was mentioned in his initial correspondence above) that the club also offered a DVD of the footage for me free of charge.

Once again Andrew, my apologies to you and all the Hibs TV team for my unfair comments.

Yours sincerely

Billy McKirdy (Marinehibby)

At The Edge
20-01-2012, 02:52 PM
apparently it is now.

Nope not in my part of the UK yet?
I did try refreshing the page, still no joy.
i'm hoping that when it comes back on its got an interview with out latest and as yet unknown new signing!
:pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Nope not in my part of the UK yet?
I did try refreshing the page, still no joy.
i'm hoping that when it comes back on its got an interview with out latest and as yet unknown new signing!
:pfgwa

Not reached Blackpool yet either? :greengrin

PeeJay
20-01-2012, 03:05 PM
...it's in Berlin!:greengrin

thebakerboy
20-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Still not getting anything , it does say latest version of Flash player required but Google Chrome says it is up to date with all flash player plug ins so some can get it and others can't , well we are talking Hibs here so hope it moves soon or I for one will be wanting my money back ROD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebakerboy
20-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Same with Internet Explorer

PeeJay
20-01-2012, 03:28 PM
I had to press a few links on the Hibs site to get it, but it is up and running -

try this link?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TV/Home/0,,10290,00.html

thebakerboy
20-01-2012, 03:30 PM
I had to press a few links on the Hibs site to get it, but it is up and running -

try this link?

That worked cheers but still cannot connect from Official Site.
Found a lin k from OS just not same as before.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2012, 03:53 PM

try this link?

That works on my mac, although it wont work from the hibs.co.uk bookmark? Its working fine on my windows computer. :thumbsup:

DC_Hibs
20-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Pricing of International seems pretty fair compared to the usual £6 per game.

I think that having Sky/ESPN and Alba games available on various online streams might eat into the amount of £6 payments for a large chunk of the games so having a regular subscriptions makes sense.

Needing a subscription will of course not suit away fans although price is fair for a one off game - not sure how many tune in anyway. (I do for games at Ibrox).

I might change my tune when they publish what games will be available of course!

hibs0666
20-01-2012, 04:57 PM
That works on my mac, although it wont work from the hibs.co.uk bookmark? Its working fine on my windows computer. :thumbsup:

Is it still working for you? All I see is the holding page.

PeeJay
20-01-2012, 05:05 PM

You have to click on the Hibs Tv symbol immediately above the video at the right on the official site home page - seems all the other links take you to the holding page...

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2012, 05:09 PM

It only works on my mac using this link. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TV/Home/0,,10290,00.html

hibs0666
20-01-2012, 05:36 PM
You have to click on the Hibs Tv symbol immediately above the video at the right on the official site home page - seems all the other links take you to the holding page...

Splendid :aok:

Peevemor
20-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm meant to be watching Cowdenbeath v Hibs highlights, but I'm getting Dundee v Kille instead! :confused:

MSK
20-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Wont play vids because I dont have Java script ..:confused:

PaulSmith
20-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Mac compatible now

PeeJay
20-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm meant to be watching Cowdenbeath v Hibs highlights, but I'm getting Dundee v Kille instead! :confused:

Yeah, me too - should be interesting tomorrow - I'm hoping to watch Hibs v St Johnstone live... :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Mac compatible now

:top marks and works on my android. :thumbsup:

thebakerboy
20-01-2012, 08:25 PM
:top marks and works on my android. :thumbsup:

And on mine yaaaaasssss:thumbsup::greengrin

CmoantheHibs
22-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Wont play vids because I dont have Java script ..:confused:

Mine is the same yet when I checked my java is up to date with the latest version.Does anyone know how to rectifythis?