PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thompson??

Pages : [1] 2

WhileTheChief..
18-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Listening to the Dunfermiline game on Sportsound just now and at half time they were talking about transfers. Someone asked about Goodwin to Hibs and Richard Gordon said that there may be something in that but not necessarily in this window.

Went on to say that Hibs are in for KT from Middlesboro!!

Anyone else pick up on this?? I'm pretty sure I heard correctly but there was no mention of it being a loan or whatever.

I'd be delighted to have him back if fit again and hope that he would get a decent welcome. :thumbsup:

Mikeystewart
18-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Text received via sportsound saying reliable source at Hibs saying he's on his way back.

also on football rumours:

http://www.hibsrumours.co.uk/

Would anyone say no to this becoming reality?

Edit: Seen there is another thread, would be best to merge.

BroxburnHibee
18-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I've heard this rumour too - no ****** way :no way:

Springbank
18-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Time heals all wounds.

He made a bit of a fool of himself at times in the dreaded Rangers top, but, hey, we all make mistakes.

He grew up a Hibee, did really well with us, then let himself down for a while listening to k.nobs like Willie MacKay, but it's water under the bridge for me, and I'd welcome him back

Hibs90
18-01-2012, 07:57 PM
He can gtf for starters.

Craig_in_Prague
he got serious pelters on here even long after he left.
the fact is though.. footy fans are fickle.. IF he played again for hibs i am sure his performances would win fans back pretty fast.

Sir David Gray
There's not many ex-players from the Mowbray era that I would refuse to welcome back.

Kevin Thomson is one of them.

Don't want him anywhere near Easter Road, unless he's playing for the opposition.

bingo70
18-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Considering how pish we've for the last few years I'm happy to drop my principles about that little **** if it gets a good winning team back again

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Maybe his old dear has won the lottery!

Eyrie
18-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Loan deal or permanent?

DaveF
18-01-2012, 08:01 PM
I think this rumour is all pish and wind, but if it were to happen then he's more than welcome back. We are not really in a position to turn away good quality midfielders are we!

.Sean.
18-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I've always maintained he's a dirty, greeting-faced, manky Hun Mammy's boy.

But he's an astonishing player on his day and one of the best in the SPL when at Rangers, i'd take him back in an instant. We accepted Murray back, Thomson would be received just as well IMO.

tamig
18-01-2012, 08:03 PM
There's not many ex-players from the Mowbray era that I would refuse to welcome back.

Kevin Thomson is one of them.

Don't want him anywhere near Easter Road, unless he's playing for the opposition.

Not for footballing reasons presumably?

I'd welcome him back.

I still can't believe some of the bile that was spouted on here against KT the last time he picked up a bad injury.

As long as he's fit I'd have him back no probs.

.Sean.
18-01-2012, 08:04 PM
I think this rumour is all pish and wind, but if it were to happen then he's more than welcome back. We are not really in a position to turn away good quality midfielders are we!

Quite right :agree:

soupy
I for one would take him back, he's far far better than anything we've got/end up with.

No gonna happen tho.

blackpoolhibs
Considering how pish we've for the last few years I'm happy to drop my principles about that little **** if it gets a good winning team back again

Yip i agree with that. Maybe he'd have something to prove, i dont know. As i have said before, i'd take anyone who can make us better, i'm fed up with watching pish. So yes, my principles can go on the back burner as well.

hibee_girl
18-01-2012, 08:05 PM
He can gtf for starters.

:agree:

Westie1875
18-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Hasn't Thomson been starting for Boro recently?

Barney McGrew
A fit Kevin Thomson would walk into any midfield in the SPL and be a standout.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

hibee_girl
Regardless of what he did before do we really need another injury prone player on our books?

SMAXXA
18-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Not sure I would rubish this so quickly, my best mate was telling me a few weeks ago that when he was out with KT he was telling him that he wants to move back up here, he will have made his cash so I would imagine Hibs would be a serious option if Celtic and Rangers dont want him.

For me I would take him in a second, the mess we are in we cant discount players with quality because of previous he may have, ffs we were talking about taking Hearts players recently so why a big problem if KT came back? Water under the bridge for me.

CallumLaidlaw
18-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Hasn't Thomson been starting for Boro recently?

He certainly started last week and one of the other regular midfielders is out injured

Edinburgh Green
Seeing him in a Hibs jersey again would turn my stomach :sick:

keep the faith
There would be no better signing for us. I can't see boro letting him go but if true it would be a FANTASTIC signing. He certainly didn't behave well when he left but If he regrets this we should all grow up and welcome a Hibs fan and international midfielder back to our club.

We would have one of the best players in the league if we got him.

Thomson and new contract for garry o complimented by young hungry signings. Carlsberg don't do transfer windows but I'd they did....

Westie1875
18-01-2012, 08:09 PM

Me too, can't see it happening though.

Ozyhibby
18-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Would love to see KT back in a Hibs jersey. Anybody who doesn't is being as childish as KT was when he left.

frazeHFC
18-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Lmao that people think Jim Goodwin is better than Kevin Thomson. :rotflmao:

Mark79
18-01-2012, 08:11 PM
No danger this would happen IMHO.

Craig_in_Prague
18-01-2012, 08:12 PM
this will run as long as Riordan to Killie thread. At least there was substance to that.

Pretty Boy
18-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I'd take him in a second.

Hes a cracking player when fit and focussed.

Football fans are fickle, Ian Murray was the most hated man in Scotland for Hibs fans for a while, a few commuted performances and he was a hero again. Thomson would be exactly the same.

With all due respect to our current player would.you rather have Kevin Thomson or Lewis Stevenson in the centre of a midfield.

andy1875
18-01-2012, 08:13 PM
So Kevin Thomson maybe said to much in the press when he left us, hardly the crime of the century.

He would have been offered the opportunity to treble/quadruple his weekly wage? (guesswork btw) I don't think a single person in these forums would say no to a job offer like that.

The simple fact of the matter is that Kevin Thomson is a far better player than anything we have at the moment, of that there is no argument!

If it can happen and we have a chance to do this deal then i'd be delighted. Anyone that would say no
needs to get their head out the sand.

GGTTH

Green and white
18-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Doubt we could afford his wages. If we do sign him I hope the contract is on a play to pay deal with apearance bonus's etc. He seems to get injured an awfull lot and don't fancy dishing out lots of wages for someone who's going to be on the physio's table for half the season or more.

Edinburgh Green
18-01-2012, 08:14 PM

Who's said that?

Holmesdale Hibs
18-01-2012, 08:14 PM

Don't want him playing for the opposition because, if he can get himself match fit, he'll be better than what we have.

He made a bit of an arse of himself last time but IMO that was the actions of a silly, misguided, badly advised wee boy, nothing more. Let's not forget how good a player he was.

My only concern is his fitness. If we can prove that then I'd welcome him back. Given our current midfield it's a no brainier.

Think the rumour is a load of pish though.

bingo70
18-01-2012, 08:16 PM
There was also a really good interview with him last season when he admitted he didn't handle the move well and why he said some of the things he did, think he also said he would like to move back to hibs again at some point although I'm not sure about that.

Almost had me feeling sorry for him

tamig
Seeing him in a Hibs jersey again would turn my stomach :sick:

Oh deary me :rolleyes:

Cropley10
I very much look forward to seeing him back in a Hibs shirt.

A quality player. Made some daft comments, that's all they were - words. He was 20 or something, very naive - and very badly advised by that shop front Mackay.

Those who don't want him back have obviously never made a mistake in their puff, never regretted anything, and never wished they hadn't said or done something...

Andy74
18-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Can't see one person, never mind 'people' saying that.

3pm
Ha Ha!

After some of the abuse we hand out to our own, we're hardly in the position to be taking the moral high ground.

He left for more cash, 99% of us would have done the same.

Mistakes were made on both sides.

He'd be a welcome addition - fitness permitting.

frazeHFC
Who's said that?

Noticed a fair amount of people have said they would take Goodwin cos he would be a good signing, but say KT is rubbish.

loanheadhibby
18-01-2012, 08:19 PM
He can gtf for starters.

Osbourne and Thomson in the middle of the park! I'm having some of that.

frazeHFC
18-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Can't see one person, never mind 'people' saying that.

People saying they would take Goodwin cos he would be a good signing, but say KT is rubbish.

Andy74
18-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Noticed a fair amount of people have said they would take Goodwin cos he would be a good signing, but say KT is rubbish.

Who has said KT is rubbish? I haven't seen any so to say there's a fair amount who have said this as well as saying Goodwin would be a good signing is just making stuff up.

sleeping giant
Yes please:agree:

Niffy
You just know he's come back and say all the right and wonderful things about how it was ALWAYS Hibs... like a guy trying to get his end away with an ex one more time.

No thanks.

Scònaldò
18-01-2012, 08:21 PM

A quality player. Made some daft comments, that's all they were - words. He was 20 or something, very naive - and very badly advised by that shop front Mackay.

Those who don't want him back have obviously never made a mistake in their puff, never regretted anything, and never wished they hadn't said or done something...

What he said ^

SMAXXA
18-01-2012, 08:21 PM
People saying they would take Goodwin cos he would be a good signing, but say KT is rubbish.

Dont think people are saying he is rubbish just some appear still bitter over his departure / comments and some have questioned his fitness which is relevant

Wotherspiniesta
18-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Would be a cracking signing.

Thomson and Ozzy in the middle of the park is a very nice thought.

silverhibee
18-01-2012, 08:23 PM

--------
Assuming this is a serious possibility the only thing I would want to know would be, is he fit and will he stay fit?

Because if we're looking for a holding midfielder to play in front of the back four I don't think we could do better than sign him.

And we're in no position right now to harbour grudges - if Katie's prepared to sign for us and play for us, I'd be delighted to see him in the team. Let bygones be bygones, surely?

Lofarl
Take him back in a Heart beat. I know he burned some bridges when he left, more agent talk than anything. I can mind reading a interview he did a year or two ago where he spoke very fondly about Hibs. The way some people on here are getting into a tizz you'd think we'd signed Craig Thomson.

carnoustiehibee
18-01-2012, 08:24 PM
is there even any truth in this story?

or is everyone on here just doing a birdseye and waffling

johnbc70
18-01-2012, 08:26 PM
So he left us for a pay rise, no doubt left the huns for another pay rise, so do we really see him coming to Hibs on what will probably be 10-20% of his current salary? Sorry just cannot see it happening.

SteveHFC
18-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Don't want him back. He can **** off!

AlbertK86
18-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Ha Ha!

After some of the abuse we hand out to our own, we're hardly in the position to be taking the moral high ground.

He left for more cash, 99% of us would have done the same.

Mistakes were made on both sides.

He'd be a welcome addition - fitness permitting.

100% agree. Exactly what we need if he can stay fit

Those moaners need to ask if they had been offered 3 or 4 times the wages would they have taken it.

Aye thought so ...... yiz would all take the money

Still can't see KT coming back but would be given ma full backing if he does

matty_f
18-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Would be over the moon if he came back.

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I'd take him in a second.

Hes a cracking player when fit and focussed.

Football fans are fickle, Ian Murray was the most hated man in Scotland for Hibs fans for a while, a few commuted performances and he was a hero again. Thomson would be exactly the same.

With all due respect to our current player would.you rather have Kevin Thomson or Lewis Stevenson in the centre of a midfield.probably Lewis. not one of my favourites but he's tried hard recently imo, he's no a patch on Katy, but he disnae slag HFC and tell us how hard it is for his Ma tae make ends meet. then again,I never go on about my Ma takin' us tae the tattie and pea pickin tae make ends meet.so, overall I'd choose wee honest LS.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-01-2012, 08:30 PM
He still loves us remember! (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/kevin_thomson_i_ve_never_lost_my_love_for_hibs_1_1 702268)

:greengrin:greengrin

mentalhibee
18-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Would be a great signing if true, can't see it tho!

Aldo
18-01-2012, 08:34 PM

But he's an astonishing player on his day and one of the best in the SPL when at Rangers, i'd take him back in an instant. We accepted Murray back, Thomson would be received just as well IMO.

Sean spot on.... Can I also say same with Deek??

carnoustiehibee
18-01-2012, 08:35 PM
100% agree. Exactly what we need if he can stay fit

Those moaners need to ask if they had been offered 3 or 4 times the wages would they have taken it.

Aye thought so ...... yiz would all take the money

Still can't see KT coming back but would be given ma full backing if he does

ofcourse everyone would tke the cash, but go about it in a more dignified,respectfull manner.

if KT comes back then hibs would be rhodi to KT's natasha. i.e a crawling little slapper

Aldo
18-01-2012, 08:35 PM

Meant to say same with Deek returning. If fit I'd have him back. It's about the team and he would bring a touch if class IMHO.

Hopefully true.

calumb
18-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Why do we seem to have a thread about an ex player coming back every transfer window. I would have thought we would have learned that none of them are as good second time around.

easty
18-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Unless he's willing to run barefoot up the A1 to join us then he can bolt.

PaulSmith
18-01-2012, 08:39 PM

Can't be ersed reading all the other guff but your bang on there.

Read the same from the same posters about Murray, Riordan and O'Connor. It's boring, a midfielder who keeps the ball and is a Hibs fan but we have views on here telling him to GTF, I hope he's clever enough to realise that if he plays, keeps his head down that the very sane posters after his first appearance will look rather silly.

patlowe
18-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Surely if he was coming back up the road Rangers would be in for him and he'd go there?

Sergeant Hibs
18-01-2012, 08:41 PM
He'd be great to have back I don't understamd why some wouldnt want him back we got money for him (£2million) yet we welcomed back Ian Murray and Deek who left us for next to nothing. Thomson was and still is a great SPL player and would take him back with open arms. Wait changed my mind, would rather we just got someone like Thornhill :rolleyes:.

Sweep
There would be no better signing for us. I can't see boro letting him go but if true it would be a FANTASTIC signing. He certainly didn't behave well when he left but If he regrets this we should all grow up and welcome a Hibs fan and international midfielder back to our club.

Thomson and new contract for garry o complimented by young hungry signings. Carlsberg don't do transfer windows but I'd they did....

:top marks

SMAXXA
probably Lewis. not one of my favourites but he's tried hard recently imo, he's no a patch on Katy, but he disnae slag HFC and tell us how hard it is for his Ma tae make ends meet. then again,I never go on about my Ma takin' us tae the tattie and pea pickin tae make ends meet.so, overall I'd choose wee honest LS.

So when Lewis contributes to us getting relegated you would look back and say "Ach am glad we never signed KT, only cause of what he said when he left about 8 year ago or suimit", I just dont get this mentality.

Some people baffle me, we need to progress as a team and sign better quality players which he definatley is.

DC_Hibs
18-01-2012, 08:46 PM
£2m player for £2-3k a week, we'd be mad to turn the opportunity down.

Not half as mad as Thomson would be of course to give up a starting place at Boro to come back to the SPHell and for a team fighting relegation currently for (I'd guess) a quarter of his wages.

And the usual monkeys on here giving it large saying the Paedo nation across the city are deluded.

Comedy Gold this thread.

ggth
18-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Listening to the Dunfermiline game on Sportsound just now and at half time they were talking about transfers. Someone asked about Goodwin to Hibs and Richard Gordon said that there may be something in that but not necessarily in this window.

Went on to say that Hibs are in for KT from Middlesboro!!

Anyone else pick up on this?? I'm pretty sure I heard correctly but there was no mention of it being a loan or whatever.

I'd be delighted to have him back if fit again and hope that he would get a decent welcome. :thumbsup:

I would have KT back in a jiffy! he is one of us
you can't blame him for wanting to earn more money, we all would do the same, to provide for your family.
says a lot for the man if he wants to come home again
good on him, who is next Fletcher or Broonie, lol

Hibbyradge
18-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Would he improve the team?

givescotlandfreedom
18-01-2012, 08:50 PM
So Kevin Thomson maybe said to much in the press when he left us, hardly the crime of the century.

GGTTH

No, he said too much in the press when he was Hibernian captain.

Monts
18-01-2012, 08:50 PM
This is going to turn into another one of those unrealistic rumours that people start complaining hasnt come off, when in reality it has been started by some random on football rumours website.

Dont get too excited
(or suicidal if your that way inclined :wink:)

SMAXXA
18-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Would he improve the team?

IMO as long as av got a hole in ma bucket he would improve our team :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
Great player when fit, would love to see him back at Hibs.

Given the abject dross we have in midfield (and have had for some time now) and the real danger we are in of going down, I simply cannot believe that some folk don't want him back !!!! :shocked:

If he had done a Craig Thompson (that Hearts cretin) then fair enough........

Come on folks, get over it!

silverhibee
£2m player for £2-3k a week, we'd be mad to turn the opportunity down.

Not half as mad as Thomson would be of course to give up a starting place at Boro to come back to the SPHell and for a team fighting relegation currently for (I'd guess) a quarter of his wages.

And the usual monkeys on here giving it large saying the Paedo nation across the city are deluded.

Comedy Gold this thread.

I cant believe there is folk on here think we have any chance of getting KT coming back to Hibs.

Its not happening folks.

bawheid
18-01-2012, 08:52 PM
He can come back providing he makes a snivelling, grovelling, tearful 30 minute apology on bended knees in front of the East Stand before his first game, which will preferably be against the Huns where he will rip the shirt off Kyle Lafferty's back before stamping it into the turf, spitting on it and setting it on fire while addressing the entire Rangers support with his middle finger.

Nothing less will do.

smurf
18-01-2012, 08:55 PM
He's better than most if not all we've got so without question a non brainer.

We need to get over ourselves... they are professional footballers. IMHO KT made huge mistakes as our captain. However, let's be honest does it matter ultimately in respect of whether a player can improve and enhance our club?

Potty78
18-01-2012, 08:56 PM
I cant believe there is folk on here think we have any chance of getting KT coming back to Hibs.

Its not happening folks.

Just sent a quick text out to a mate who spoke to his old man at the weekend,not going to happen but would happily be proved wrong.we have spoke to borough but about McManus though.

andy1875
18-01-2012, 08:57 PM
No, he said too much in the press when he was Hibernian captain.

And your point is?

He may have said too much either as captain and or after he left us. The point is we all mistakes in life, if he wanted to come back and rectify those mistakes and improve the team greatly then he's forgiven from me already.

GGTTH

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2012, 09:00 PM
And your point is?

He may have said too much either as captain and or after he left us. The point is we all mistakes in life, if he wanted to come back and rectify those mistakes and improve the team greatly then he's forgiven from me already.

GGTTH

Indeed :agree:

I don't think he will sign for us by the way, but I simply cannot believe that folk don't want or wouldn't accept him back.

We have dross in midfield and we are in danger of going down, but see that Thompson chap - he can **** right off ! Hilarious quite frankly ! :faf:

stokesmessiah
18-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Its not happening folks.

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Maybe just me, but maybe more than a few on here feel the same. Kevin Thompson, a no bad fitba' player who was "homesick" in Coventry, in the English midlands,and came from Peebles in the scottish borders decided to take a chance at the Leith based club Hibernian, who he purported to support all his life and get on with his footballing career.he made some sterling performances as a young man,but was wooed by his agent, a known chancer( who later was involved with various court appearances and tax evasion scams) who engineered his move to a larger club,then by making himself availible to all and sundry in the Glasgow based scottish press,insisting that his wages at the previous club were demenal,and not fit for a player of his status, and that being at such a fabulous place as castle greyskull was so great, he managed to deride the very club that gave him his real chance so, at the end of it all he can get tae. end off.

lucky
18-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Would a great signing but think he is out our league

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 09:08 PM
So when Lewis contributes to us getting relegated you would look back and say "Ach am glad we never signed KT, only cause of what he said when he left about 8 year ago or suimit", I just dont get this mentality.

Some people baffle me, we need to progress as a team and sign better quality players which he definatley is. sometimes priciples take precedence. 8 years ago, christ I NEVER REALISED.

Alfred E Newman
18-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Indeed :agree:

I don't think he will sign for us by the way, but I simply cannot believe that folk don't want or wouldn't accept him back.

We have dross in midfield and we are in danger of going down, but see that Thompson chap - he can **** right off ! Hilarious quite frankly ! :faf:

Correct. People are entitled to their opinions but some of the stuff posted on here makes me despair.

Spike Mandela
18-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Never been the same player since he got injured walking over broken glass to Ibrox.:greengrin

Sir David Gray
18-01-2012, 09:12 PM

With regards the bit in bold, I have made mistakes, I have regretted doing various things, however I have never stated that the thought of playing again for the team I said I love, and have supported all my life, made me feel physically sick.

How do we even know that Thomson regrets saying those things when he left us? Has he retracted his statement in the press or made any kind of public apology for his behaviour? If he has then I'm not aware of it.

I don't think he will be coming back but if he does, I for one will not welcome him back to Easter Road.

He may well improve our midfield, in fact I don't doubt that he would. However, there's a countless number of midfielders out there who would improve our current squad.

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=ggth;3078848]I would have KT back in a jiffy! he is one of us
you can't blame him for wanting to earn more money, we all would do the same, to provide for your family.
good on him, who is next Fletcher or Broonie, lol[/QUOTEaye, he's a top bloke. I nearly forgot he's one o' us.:rolleyes:

woody47
18-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I really can't believe the mentality of some people on here. :rolleyes: Cracking midfielder who was brought up supporting the club wants to come back and play for us but some here would turn him away!!!!:bitchy:
FFS, are some of these people the same that now sing "he's one of our own" to Ian Murray - the same guy who gave us the finger at Ipox. The same people who would have taken FJJ as manager?
Maybe they are happy to bring in dross but I really don't care what someone has done in the past as long as when they pull on the green jersey, they make us a better team.

SMAXXA
18-01-2012, 09:16 PM
sometimes priciples take precedence. 8 years ago, christ I NEVER REALISED.

8 was a bitr of an exageration it was more like 5. my bad :greengrin

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Can't be ersed reading all the other guff but your bang on there.

Read the same from the same posters about Murray, Riordan and O'Connor. It's boring, a midfielder who keeps the ball and is a Hibs fan but we have views on here telling him to GTF, I hope he's clever enough to realise that if he plays, keeps his head down that the very sane posters after his first appearance will look rather silly.so, anyone that refuses to tie in with your thoughts on here, is rather silly?

Sir David Gray
18-01-2012, 09:17 PM
I really can't believe the mentality of some people on here. :rolleyes: Cracking midfielder who was brought up supporting the club wants to come back and play for us but some here would turn him away!!!!:bitchy:
FFS, are some of these people the same that now sing "he's one of our own" to Ian Murray - the same guy who gave us the finger at Ipox. The same people who would have taken FJJ as manager?
Maybe they are happy to bring in dross but I really don't care what someone has done in the past as long as when they pull on the green jersey, they make us a better team.

Who said he wants to come back?

iainm1875
18-01-2012, 09:20 PM
He's a cripple with glass knees. He'll be luck of he plays another 20 games in his career.

I'd take the laddie Brown back though!

Hermit Crab
18-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I've heard this rumour too - no ****** way :no way:

:agree: He sold his soul. No thanks.

machibby
18-01-2012, 09:30 PM
He's getting a starting game for Boro who are having their best season for years, so why exactly are they going to let him go? No chance that he'd take the money on offer from us either.

PaulSmith
18-01-2012, 09:31 PM
so, anyone that refuses to tie in with your thoughts on here, is rather silly?

No, they'll look silly when he's back strolling through games and putting in performances that some of our current midfield can only dream off

madabouthibs
18-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Great player when fit,

This is what does it for me, I reckon we'd be lucky to get 8 starts out of him per season. Wonder if it would be a Fenlon signing..... :wink:

Ray_
18-01-2012, 09:40 PM
:agree: He sold his soul. No thanks.

Dear oh dear, a twenty year old falls out with his manager & makes some stupid comments to the press & for that he "sells his soul". :greengrin

We have been that guff in recent years, I'd even have Colin Stein back & he was a real villain, never mind daft words, he kept scoring against us, including a hat-trick just a week after leaving us, in a match that saw us hammered 6-1 & he got the only goal, three months later, which put us out the Scottish Cup & he even got the goal that won the title for Rangers in a league game at ER, Katie, "sold his soul" have a word!

huggie1875
18-01-2012, 09:40 PM

1 cause fan does not want KT to come back
does not mean they all wanted FJK too

2 i dont have any probs with a player moving for a pay rise
but when they rip the pish out of the club and fans after
we kept him and paid him for is 12months out injured
then when you feel its time to go try being more civil
too the fans who backed you not kick us in the balls
on the way out

3 and anyway waste of wages i think hes been fit for about 3 months in his entire career

so **** the little **** hope he breaks another leg soon

Sumner
18-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Time heals all wounds.

"Time wounds all heals" :duck:

Ray_
18-01-2012, 09:45 PM

on the way out

3 and anyway waste of wages i think hes been fit for about 3 months in his entire career

You get this sort of garbage on JKB, doesn't say a lot for hibs fans, getting it on here as well.

Twa Cairpets
18-01-2012, 09:46 PM

Well thats not really true. Van Persie, Messi, Schweinsteiger or the like would probably be better signings... :greengrin:wink:

Benny Brazil
18-01-2012, 09:47 PM

on the way out

:confused:
Jeez the mentality of some people on here - thats a ridiculous comment to make .

Cabbage East
18-01-2012, 09:49 PM
You get this sort of garbage on JKB, doesn't say a lot for hibs fans, getting it on here as well.

Do you understand the concept of opinions?

Not everything you say is right or should be accepted by all.

Benny Brazil
18-01-2012, 09:51 PM

And some things just shouldn't be said at all.

Ray_
18-01-2012, 09:52 PM

Opinions is one thing, making vile comments is another, clearly that is a concept you've yet to understand.

givescotlandfreedom
18-01-2012, 09:57 PM
And your point is?

GGTTH

Don't you see the difference between a player who's trying to get the supporters of his new club onside by talking to the media and a player who is the captain (supposedly a leader and role model) of his club whoring himself, insulting his manager, supporters and embarrassing and unsettling the entire club in his newpapaer column every week? This is someone who has the honour of captaining the club he says he supports.

Stan the Man
18-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Is he a good player and better than what we have - yes.

Did he disrespect our club more than any other ex-player in living memory - yes

Would he swan about east mains with an 'I'm doing you a favour /billy big baws' attitude which would damage the very new mentality Fenton is trying to create - possible

Would his injury record allow him to play over half of the remaining fixtures - who knows

The deciding factor in not getting him back for me would be is that we need to restore a serious amount of pride and let players now what it means to play for our proud club. If he was to return, what message does it send to the squad? You can treat the club like a piece of dirt then swan back in when it suits you.

Shrekko
18-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Absolutely priceless that some Hibs fans feel Thommo should not be allowed back at ER on moral grounds. I'm glad you don't ever read negative comments about Hibs on here or hear them at ER!

Fact is, KT's alleged crimes against the Hibee nation have grown arms and legs over the years... And that's assuming he ever said much in the first place.

I'm glad that his haters obviously have never
said a word out of place in their lives-
especially in their early 20's seeing as you should apparently not be forgiven for that.

The fact that he's taken vile abuse from Hibs fans for years now and still is not shy in telling the media where his heart really lies makes him a bigger man than most IMO.

Mikeystewart
18-01-2012, 10:05 PM
:confused:
Jeez the mentality of some people on here - thats a ridiculous comment to make .

I agree completely over the top, completely classless.

Mikeystewart
18-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Is he a good player and better than what we have - yes.

Did he disrespect our club more than any other ex-player in living memory - yes

Would he swan about east mains with an 'I'm doing you a favour /billy big baws' attitude which would damage the very new mentality Fenton is trying to create - possible

Would his injury record allow him to play over half of the remaining fixtures - who knows

The deciding factor in not getting him back for me would be is that we need to restore a serious amount of pride and let players now what it means to play for our proud club. If he was to return, what message does it send to the squad? You can treat the club like a piece of dirt then swan back in when it suits you.

Points highlighted in bold could be used to describe the possible signing of GOC 7 Months ago,
should we tear up his contract now?

keep the faith
18-01-2012, 10:10 PM

on the way out

Sorry but that is embarrassing. You wish him a broken leg?? I hope your in the minority here mate

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Absolutely priceless that some Hibs fans feel Thommo should not be allowed back at ER on moral grounds. I'm glad you don't ever read negative comments about Hibs on here or hear them at ER!

Fact is, KT's alleged crimes against the Hibee nation have grown arms and legs over the years... And that's assuming he ever said much in the first place.

I'm glad that his haters obviously have never
said a word out of place in their lives-
especially in their early 20's seeing as you should apparently not be forgiven for that.

The fact that he's taken vile abuse from Hibs fans for years now and still is not shy in telling the media where his heart really lies makes him a bigger man than most IMO.tripe has a vile smell,when cooked.

tooley
18-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Time heals all wounds.

He made a bit of a fool of himself at times in the dreaded Rangers top, but, hey, we all make mistakes.

He grew up a Hibee, did really well with us, then let himself down for a while listening to k.nobs like Willie MacKay, but it's water under the bridge for me, and I'd welcome him back

He can walk back over that broken glass on the M8 again and **** off for me like!!!

Kaiser1962
18-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Dear oh dear, a twenty year old falls out with his manager & makes some stupid comments to the press & for that he "sells his soul". :greengrin

We have been that guff in recent years, I'd even have Colin Stein back & he was a real villain, never mind daft words, he kept scoring against us, including a hat-trick just a week after leaving us, in a match that saw us hammered 6-1 & he got the only goal, three months later, which put us out the Scottish Cup & he even got the goal that won the title for Rangers in a league game at ER, Katie, "sold his soul" have a word!

Its arguable whether the comments attributed to him were actually made by him. He denied a good few of them including, from memory, the "walking over glass to Ibrox" comment.

Guy is a hibby who, like many before him and no doubt after him, moved for life changing wages that he could not have got here. I doubt very much we will see him in a Hibs shirt again but I would certainly have no objections if this was to come to pass.

Interview here http://www.scotsman.com/sport/saturday_interview_kevin_thomson_i_would_ve_loved_ to_have_come_away_from_hibs_a_hero_1_820352

" You will remember how, as captain at 21 of his boyhood heroes, he leapt from the transfer window and, if one of our more excitable journals is to be believed, was prepared to "crawl along the M8 on broken glass" to get to Ibrox. "That was the headline but I never said that," he says. "I wasn't trying to get away from Hibs, from Hibs fans, from my mates in the East Stand - I only wanted out of John Collins' sight. We didn't get on, him and me - I don't know why. He loved me for a fortnight, but then . . . "

Mikeystewart
18-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Christ!! this Thomson thread seems to have really touched a nerve with some people.

What did he do again?

Did he defecate on someone's doorstep or pull a scary face at a baby.

Did he do the unthinkable in suggesting that Rangers where a bigger and better club than Hibs.

Or was it when he decided that he had gave up a fair amount of his career playing for Hibs and decided he would try and test himself at his boyhood club. Which considering his unlucky start with injuries it was perfectly understandable for him to want to financially cash in, as one bad injury can take years of the potential lifespan of a players career.

rant over

Shrekko
18-01-2012, 10:22 PM
tripe has a vile smell,when cooked.

Seriously- grow up. The guy made, or is claimed to have made a couple of stupid comments- he didn't kill anyone or rape anyone, it's just a game for FFS. The fact he made a couple of quotes doesn't mean he's not a Hibee, just like those boys that throw their Hibs scarves on the pitch when we're struggling I'm sure will always love the club.

It's typical of the small minded nature of fans these days that we've got comments along the lines of 'id rather Lewis than Thommo cos he's a nice wee boy' on this thread. Maybe we get what we deserve when all's said and done.

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Its arguable whether the comments attributed to him were actually made by him. He denied a good few of them including, from memory, the "walking over glass to Ibrox" comment.

Guy is a hibby who, like many before him and no doubt after him, moved for life changing wages that he could not have got here. I doubt very much we will see him in a Hibs shirt again but I would certainly have no objections if this was to come to pass.some of his comments, in the press were undinably his,the papers paid him so how can he deny them?:confused:I too dont very much we will see him in a Hibs shirt again, and I'd be content with that.

Stan the Man
18-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Points highlighted in bold could be used to describe the possible signing of GOC 7 Months ago,
should we tear up his contract now?

Tearing up the contract of your top goal scorer (who left hibs without dragging the club through the gutter and also donated a chunk of his fee to the youth system) half way through the season is very different to resigning someone who verbally wiped his arse with the badge during and after his exit.

500miles
18-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Was a good player when he still had knees. Wonder how injury would have effected him.

If he is half the player he was, he's twice the player that thug Goodwin is.

Shrekko
Tearing up the contract of your top goal scorer (who left hibs without dragging the club through the gutter and also donated a chunk of his fee to the youth system) half way through the season is very different to resigning someone who verbally wiped his arse with the badge during and after his exit.

You've got selective memory.

Garry was vilified for years by a section of the support for saying he was excited about alleged interest from Rangers when he was 18/19. To be fair he seems to let people know of his excitement in private these days :greengrin

They've all done it- Brown was just as bad, Fletch was greetin when we wouldn't sell to Celtic, Whittaker was desperate to get down the M8, Murray agreed to join the Huns a year before he left, then gave us the middle finger, Deeks etc etc, even Kano was hankering away for years before he got his move and I remember him noising up the Hibs fans when he scored against us at Pittodrie. Yogi liked nothing better than getting it right up us too.

Mikeystewart

It was past-tense and I feel you have missed my point.

As i said points in Bold could be compared to Garry O'Connor's situation Before the signing of a contract

Kaiser1962
18-01-2012, 10:33 PM
some of his comments, in the press were undinably his,the papers paid him so how can he deny them?:confused:I too dont very much we will see him in a Hibs shirt again, and I'd be content with that.

The quote that is oft regurgitated is the "broken glass" one which, as can be seen, he denies. I am not sure what others he alledgedly made that caused such offence?

That said he is a hibby from a hibby family, same as Murray and Deeks, who also took the weegie shilling.

Hibspirational
18-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Was a good player when he still had knees. Wonder how injury would have effected him.

Mikeystewart
18-01-2012, 10:36 PM
I think the bottom line must be from a purely footballing perspective, If he is anywhere near the same player he was before, and a Big If he can stay fit. I'm sure he would walk into this team and do a job.

P.S. can someone link me to a list of these quotes that made Hibs look bad or make him come across as an ungrateful little torag? or at least paraphrase? I honestly cant remember them.

Jones28
18-01-2012, 10:37 PM

on the way out

Dearie me :rolleyes:

£2 million is a hell of a generous kick in the balls...

Shrekko
18-01-2012, 10:42 PM
P.S. can someone link me to a list of these quotes that made Hibs look bad or make him come across as an ungrateful little torag? or at least paraphrase? I honestly cant remember them.

I think you should have restricted that to just then actual quotes as if you let folk churn out the mythical recollections stuff we get into the realms of fantasy and mass exaggeration.

Mikeystewart
18-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I think you should have restricted that to just then actual quotes as if you let folk churn out the mythical recollections stuff we get into the realms of fantasy and mass exaggeration.

I think a part of me was hoping for something outrageous. Your well balanced logic has left me disappointed. :greengrin

yekimevol
18-01-2012, 10:50 PM
YES PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

i have put everything about collins ear bar the cis final and the hearts to the back of my mind. i welcome KT back the easter road.

he can pass, tackle and was great for us.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2012, 10:57 PM

Yes but Goodwin will play more than 5 games a season.

Nothing against Thomson and I'd love to see a player who had his ability back at ER, but it is no longer 2007 and he's another player who has spent the last half-decade on the treatment table.

He is, to all intents and purposes finished as a football player. It's tempting to delude ourselves by saying his injury problems are behind him and he's ready to resume his career, but for somebody with his record IT JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Leave well alone.

macd123
18-01-2012, 11:10 PM
NO THANKS!!!

He's probably the only one I wouldn't welcome back. He just showed the club and fans too much disrespect.

" the thought of staying there (at Hibs) for another four months was making me feel physically sick "

Enough said...

Dunbar Hibee
18-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I'd cheer on any player in a Hibs top.

Doesn't mean I want him back, but if it happened then we would just have to get behind him. Can't see it mind you.

IWasThere2016
18-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Richard Gordon was not refering to this transfer window. I would not rule this out, and IMHO he will be back (injuries permitting).

snooky
18-01-2012, 11:44 PM

Nothing against Thomson and I'd love to see a player who had his ability back at ER, but it is no longer 2007 and he's another player who has spent the last half-decade on the treatment table.

He is, to all intents and purposes finished as a football player. It's tempting to delude ourselves by saying his injury problems are behind him and he's ready to resume his career, but for somebody with his record IT JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Leave well alone.

Seconded.

The old kings are dead - long live the new kings.

Jones28
18-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Seconded.

Aye, like Sir Martin "RadgeJimmy" Scott! :greengrin

brydekirk
18-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Seconded.

Thirded, we cant afford to take any more risks with injury prone players.

huggie1875
19-01-2012, 12:17 AM
You've got selective memory.

Garry was vilified for years by a section of the support for saying he was excited about alleged interest from Rangers when he was 18/19. To be fair he seems to let people know of his excitement in private these days :greengrin

They've all done it- Brown was just as bad, Fletch was greetin when we wouldn't sell to Celtic, Whittaker was desperate to get down the M8, Murray agreed to join the Huns a year before he left, then gave us the middle finger, Deeks etc etc, even Kano was hankering away for years before he got his move and I remember him noising up the Hibs fans when he scored against us at Pittodrie. Yogi liked nothing better than getting it right up us too.

look i dont think anybody has a problem with players leaving
but slagging the fans and club off on yer way out is bang out of orde
If you ok with that then fine SOME of us are not all of us think aye ****
What he daid we all luv you kevin well not me mate my
favorite quote from him which i SAW him make wad

i have always dreamed of scoring the winner for rangers in a cup final
strange for a hibs fan to dream of that yet lm classlesd
ypu can suck the little huns erse if you like but dont demand
that we sll do the same i have a backbone maybe those willing to forgive
would be better served at the PBS where the removal of your
spine is mandetory

Hibby cal
19-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Thompson was a great player first time around
Defo better than scotty , he was the silky one.
Remember game against the Huns at er , he had
Barry the fud in his back pocket the whole game.
If he has the legs/ knees left to put in half as much
As he used to be able to I would take him back.
:pfgwa

sadtom
19-01-2012, 01:48 AM
There seems to be an attempt at rewriting history here.
While i was as disappointed as the next Hibby when so many of our good players left (some with more grace and style than others) i could rationalise it and accept that these guys were professionals and were effectively moving for vast increases in their earnings.
In that respect i can swallow my pride with the prospect of vitually all of them reappearing for the Hibs. KT is the exception.

This chancer was Hibernian captain when he took money from the daily record to talk down our club and talk up one of our rivals. This was done at a time when we were a genuine threat to the old squirm. This is why he was stripped of the armband (something he conveniantly omits). Yes, lots of our former players were guilty of making stupid or disrespectful statements when leaving previously. Most of these can be forgiven, albeit with varying degrees of difficulty.
The difference is that KT was, at the very least, compliant in the obvious and blatant destabilisation of the team and our ambitions while actively promoting one of our rivals and was aware of what he was doing.
Our captain received remuneration to act against our club, and for the benefit of the opposition. In my book that makes him a treacherous scab and sets him apart from the others.
As far as i'm concerned he can find another knackers yard to park his arse. Let someone else pick up his his medical bills and feed his family.

Niffy
19-01-2012, 03:40 AM
So that's a no from Tom :)

Beefster
19-01-2012, 05:26 AM
He's better than most if not all we've got so without question a non brainer.

We need to get over ourselves... they are professional footballers. IMHO KT made huge mistakes as our captain. However, let's be honest does it matter ultimately in respect of whether a player can improve and enhance our club?

Spot on. I can't understand someone being against a signing of Thomson's quality because he "said some stuff". Boo ****ing hoo.

Ian Murray ****ed us over and gave us abuse (which was understandable considering the amount he was getting) yet he's in a testimonial year at Hibs. But we couldn't possibly accept Katie, who is ten times the player....

Beefster
19-01-2012, 05:31 AM
While i was as disappointed as the next Hibby when so many of our good players left (some with more grace and style than others) i could rationalise it and accept that these guys were professionals and were effectively moving for vast increases in their earnings.
In that respect i can swallow my pride with the prospect of vitually all of them reappearing for the Hibs. KT is the exception.

This chancer was Hibernian captain when he took money from the daily record to talk down our club and talk up one of our rivals. This was done at a time when we were a genuine threat to the old squirm. This is why he was stripped of the armband (something he conveniantly omits). Yes, lots of our former players were guilty of making stupid or disrespectful statements when leaving previously. Most of these can be forgiven, albeit with varying degrees of difficulty.
The difference is that KT was, at the very least, compliant in the obvious and blatant destabilisation of the team and our ambitions while actively promoting one of our rivals and was aware of what he was doing.
Our captain received remuneration to act against our club, and for the benefit of the opposition. In my book that makes him a treacherous scab and sets him apart from the others.
As far as i'm concerned he can find another knackers yard to park his arse. Let someone else pick up his his medical bills and feed his family.

Katie brought in £2m. Murray, Caldwell, Riordan and others - nada. They 'harmed' the club far more than Katie did.

We won the League Cup less than two months after Katie left. He was evidently mince at destabilising the club or you're overstating the impact of his childish whining.

hibsbollah
19-01-2012, 05:31 AM

Someone asked earlier if we've rather have Katie or Lewis in the midfield. I know who i'd find it easier to support, thats for sure.

scoopyboy
19-01-2012, 05:55 AM
Someone asked earlier if we've rather have Katie or Lewis in the midfield. I know who i'd find it easier to support, thats for sure.

I understand what you are saying but who is the better player?

The Falcon
19-01-2012, 06:09 AM

Leave well alone.

Goodwin would give us something we dont currently have but need. We get bullied too easy.

TowerHibs
19-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Can't believe how many people would welcome back someone who loves the treatment table and when left the club, treated the manager, fans and teammates like ****. The stuff he said in the press was completely out of order from the guy who was club captain. We stuck by him after 2 injuries and he basically stuck 2 fingers up. Also spent the next 4 months in the press telling Scott Brown what a waste he was at Hibs and to go to OF. KT can bolt, missed the chance to lift a cup for Hibs and feels he can waltz back when he needs a first team place???

Staggered at how many people will take him straight back, yet our record SPL goalscorer can bolt. Fans are fickle indeed!

Nothing against KT as a player, brilliant midfielder. Don't blame him for going to OF, everyone would do it and most do do it. Not sure his billy big time attitude and disrespect for the club when we done nothing but good for him will taint my opinion of him. Never heard a player (never mind a club captain) say that the thought of staying at Hibs made him physically sick - rarely hear a player knocking the club when they leave

TowerHibs
19-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Lots of posts also saying he was a great player - rest assured it is not the same player that would be coming back. 5 years later and about 4 serious injuries???

Don't understand people who just expect him to come back and pick up where he was before Willie McKay became his agent. Would also be taking top dollar

hibbiedon
19-01-2012, 06:31 AM
I'd cheer on any player in a Hibs top.

Doesn't mean I want him back, but if it happened then we would just have to get behind him. Can't see it mind you.

:top marksThat's it players come and players go it's Hibs we support, we all have our preferences but at the end of the day we support the team. put eleven monkey's in a Hibs strip and I will cheer them on. in fact im sure thats has happened :wink:

Keith_M
19-01-2012, 06:31 AM
This *story* is utter B*ll*x. There is no chance of it happening.

If Katie signs for Hibs, I'll sit in a bath of Baked Beans in Marienplatz.........

3pm
19-01-2012, 06:32 AM

If memory serves me right, John Collins suggested it was Lewis at the time of KT's departure!!!

Kaiser1962
19-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Can't believe how many people would welcome back someone who loves the treatment table and when left the club, treated the manager, fans and teammates like ****. The stuff he said in the press was completely out of order from the guy who was club captain. We stuck by him after 2 injuries and he basically stuck 2 fingers up. Also spent the next 4 months in the press telling Scott Brown what a waste he was at Hibs and to go to OF. KT can bolt, missed the chance to lift a cup for Hibs and feels he can waltz back when he needs a first team place???

Staggered at how many people will take him straight back, yet our record SPL goalscorer can bolt. Fans are fickle indeed!

Nothing against KT as a player, brilliant midfielder. Don't blame him for going to OF, everyone would do it and most do do it. Not sure his billy big time attitude and disrespect for the club when we done nothing but good for him will taint my opinion of him. Never heard a player (never mind a club captain) say that the thought of staying at Hibs made him physically sick - rarely hear a player knocking the club when they leave

What he is alleged to have said was that "staying at Hibernian under manager John Collins made him feel "physically sick." "

Most of the quotes were actually from Willie McKay so take from that what you will.

Here http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/rangers/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/01/31/SOCCER_Rangers.html&TEAMHD=rangers

Septimus
19-01-2012, 06:38 AM
There seems to be a collective nostalgia in the Hibs support when it comes to ex players nearly all of whom are much better in retrospect than they probably were in real life. Sproule is a perfect example of this. We should be looking for future prospects rather than arguing over yesterday's heroes.

There was a time quite recently when Hibs were viewed as a nursery for the OF. Much rather that than a repository for their cast offs.

Keith_M
19-01-2012, 06:39 AM
What he is alleged to have said was that "staying at Hibernian under manager John Collins made him feel "physically sick." "

Well I'm certainly no homophobe, each to their own, but TBF that would make me physically sick anaw!

:greengrin

huggie1875
19-01-2012, 06:41 AM

Nothing against KT as a player, brilliant midfielder. Don't blame him for going to OF, everyone would do it and most do do it. Not sure his billy big time attitude and disrespect for the club when we done nothing but good for him will taint my opinion of him. Never heard a player (never mind a club captain) say that the thought of staying at Hibs made him physically sick - rarely hear a player knocking the club when they leave :top marks

Cropley10
19-01-2012, 06:50 AM
This thread is embarrassing.

Suggestions of him loving the treatment table are cringeworthy. The player ruptured both cruciates in the same knee and broke a leg.

1two
19-01-2012, 06:54 AM
KT when fit is a first team player at Middlesbrough. If he's ever coming back to Hibs it will NOT be in this window.

The Sea-gull
19-01-2012, 07:26 AM
We all know stranger things have happened but can't see this one ringing true at this stage.

KT was bought for £2m and is 1.5 years into a 4 year deal. Are Boro just going to give him away? Unless they want to off load his wages but he would surely have options which would pay better than Hibs. Or unless there are concerns over his fitness - this being the case is it worth a gamble.

The only way I can see any truth in this is if it was a loan for him to get fitness.

IMHO KT was a top player for Hibs though did leave under a big cloud, largely his own fault for talking to that Keith Jackson too much. He was arguably destined for the real top of the game. For one reeason or another, mainly injuries it has just not happened for him but if he was fit he'd easily get in the Hibs team and if he performed to his ability and stayed fit it wouldn't be long before he was off again.

Judas Iscariot
19-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Slightly embarrassing that this thread has reached 6 pages...

NO chance will he be back at Hibs anytime soon, if ever!!

scoopyboy
19-01-2012, 07:52 AM
If memory serves me right, John Collins suggested it was Lewis at the time of KT's departure!!!

I can't recall that statement to be honest but I'm quite prepared to believe you.

However if you look at what they have achieved in the game since I would confidently state JC was wrong.

KT has won trophies, played for Scotland and in a European final.

All this despite being injured a lot.

My final comment would be that JC wasn't always correct.

frazeHFC
19-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Well I'm certainly no homophobe, each to their own, but TBF that would make me physically sick anaw!

:greengrin

:tee hee: :sick:

TornadoHibby
19-01-2012, 08:20 AM
This thread is embarrassing.

Suggestions of him loving the treatment table are cringeworthy. The player ruptured both cruciates in the same knee and broke a leg.

Never let the truth get in the way of a "good story" though eh Crops!? :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 08:22 AM
No not for me.

No complaints with players wanting to move and how much was this discussed over the years the way he went about it? For me totally disrespectful in the manner of his leaving some comments were not what you would like from a player no matter if it was Mckay or not he never stopped him or retracted anything said so anything Mckay said was as good as him saying it.

He was no fan of of JC and yeah I am sure JC had his faults but I believe the player revolt will have had some seeds with KT not saying it was him alone that caused it although he was gone I believe some seeds were laid down. I only know the guy from football and he was a good player but came across as a total knob towards end and did nothing really to change my thoughts on that even until now.

I think the KT we had and the one now are very different players, IMO I think he is not as good as he could have been regardless of injury, I do not think he improved at Rangers but rather was turned into a cowardly thug of a player, I saw him on several occasions put in the sort of tackles that would leave players as injured as he has been.

He is better than the midfielders we have now but so are 100s of other players out there, I hope PF can bring one in that will give us 2,3 years I would look elsewhere for players, IMO he is not worth the hassel.

I found and still find Brown, Thompson and McKay a horrid little trio.

Posh Swanny
19-01-2012, 08:29 AM
I've often wondered what Hibs fans would do if offered c.£2,000,000 to swap their Easter Road season ticket for an Ibrox one for three years?

Turn it down on prinicple presumably.

Sudds_1
19-01-2012, 08:43 AM

No we're not...............

...........but then. he's not either is he? Injury prone, knee the consistency of blamanche, his best days behind him by a country mile. Another one who sees Hibs as a pension top up fund. :agree:

Dr Jimmy
19-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I've often wondered what Hibs fans would do if offered c.£2,000,000 to swap their Easter Road season ticket for an Ibrox one for three years?

Absolutely no danger I would give my season ticket up for that mob, but my wife's season ticket.......:wink:

huggie1875
19-01-2012, 09:00 AM

agaion with this no one is saying anything about money or him moving its the way
he went about it that sticks in the craw

PS if you took the 2m would you rip the pish slag of the club and fans you sat with
on your way out?

Posh Swanny
19-01-2012, 09:12 AM
agaion with this no one is saying anything about money or him moving its the way

PS if you took the 2m would you rip the pish slag of the club and fans you sat with
on your way out?

What if you wanted the £2m and Rod Petrie said "No! You must stay and support the Hibs for another six months and hope the offer is still on the table in June"? And all your fellow fans were abusing you for even thinking of accepting the offer.

(before anyone gets too worked up, I am merely playing Devil's advocate on this one!!)

Beefster
19-01-2012, 09:13 AM
No we're not...............

...........but then. he's not either is he? Injury prone, knee the consistency of blamanche, his best days behind him by a country mile. Another one who sees Hibs as a pension top up fund. :agree:

He's just turned twenty-seven and playing for a team in with a shout of promotion to the EPL. Past it though, aye?

What's he said to make you think that he sees us as a pension top-up?

If he's injury-prone, it's, in part, down to injuries that he sustained whilst playing for Hibs.

Shrekko
19-01-2012, 09:34 AM

on your way out?

I see we have another myth developing here- KT now slagged off Hibs fans! Don't think so- unless you have the quotes handy?

I do remember 'Broonaldo' whingeing about the fans when he was trying to engineer his departure but let's forget about that eh?

Hibbylad86
19-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Will never happen! (Although if it did I would be pleasantly surprised). The guy is a first choice pick under a manager (Mowbray) who had him arguably playing his the best football of his career when at Hibs.

The guy obviously had problems with John Collins who we all know was not perfect. A lot of the comments after he left were attributed to his agent rather than him. He is a Hibby, a man who played well for the club and raked in Rodders a hefty transfer fee. Young(ish) guy when he left who I never heard had anything against the fans or club as a whole it was with Collins. I am sure he will have a few regrets (as we all)

An injury free Kevin Thomson would be a first team player in any team in the SPL. Would take him in a heartbeat as he would improve the team no end

Persevere80
19-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Unless he's willing to run barefoot up the A1 to join us then he can bolt.

You beat me to it.

bighairyfaeleith
19-01-2012, 10:00 AM
dinnae want him, no getting him.

Pointless thread

yekimevol
19-01-2012, 10:12 AM
almost everything KT said was to collins not the club. Collins is the hibs version of marmite, you either love him or you hate him.

strange things happened in that period of time that we probably know about 20% of tbh, Im willing to let bygones be bygones. If KT does come home and is fit enough to play a active role on the pitch then i welcome him back, as we probably have one midfielder i would say was of a acceptable level that being ozzy.

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2012, 10:12 AM
dinnae want him, no getting him.

Pointless thread

Agree, he can walk over broken glass to somewhere else.....

Stevie Reid
19-01-2012, 10:31 AM
We are second bottom of the SPL and people are turning their noses up at the hypothetical return of player of Thomson's quality? Insane. Sometimes football players act like @rseholes, as long as they improve Hibs and give 100% when they play for us, I don't care at all. Ian Murray and Andy Webster are but two cases of players returning to clubs after acrimonious incidents with fans/departures.

I can understand some of the comments concerned about his injury problems, but he's still averaged 30 appearances a year since he broke into the Hibs first team. Besides, this does seem pie in the sky, at least at the moment - but should he return to Hibs one day, I'll be happy.

Lago
19-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Lets be honest, if he ever did come back, his life would be made a misery after his first misplace pass. I don't think he will come back & like the rather unhealthy fixation some Hibs fans have with him, Deek & others from that period, it really is, as some have said, time to move on. There is a hard road ahead & looking back won't help at all.

Cropley10
19-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Lets be honest, if he ever did come back, his life would be made a misery after his first misplace pass. I don't think he will come back & like the rather unhealthy fixation some Hibs fans have with him, Deek & others from that period, it really is, as some have said, time to move on. There is a hard road ahead & looking back won't help at all.

Thankfully you're not in charge:aok:

This thread should be locked. It's embarrassing.

ShanksSaidNo
19-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I would have KT back in a jiffy! he is one of us
good on him, who is next Fletcher or Broonie, lol

OMG! Did you just 'lol'? WTF, IMO that shouldnt be allowed. FFS whats next?

lapsedhibee
19-01-2012, 11:46 AM

I can't recall that statement to be honest but I'm quite prepared to believe you.

Don't think JC ever said LS was better than KT. What JC certainly did say was that KT was "replaceable" - whether he meant replaceable from the existing ranks or replaceable by buying another player is not known.

3pm
19-01-2012, 11:47 AM

However if you look at what they have achieved in the game since I would confidently state JC was wrong.

KT has won trophies, played for Scotland and in a European final.

All this despite being injured a lot.

My final comment would be that JC wasn't always correct.

Agreed!

Has this link been posted?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16529945.stm

Speedway
19-01-2012, 11:49 AM
ironic that those who feel this to be an embarassing or pointless thread, post that opinion nevertheless to send the thread back to the top of the messageboard for it to obtain the widest possible attention.

3pm
19-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Don't think JC ever said LS was better than KT. What JC certainly did say was that KT was "replaceable" - whether he meant replaceable from the existing ranks or replaceable by buying another player is not known.

It was more a suggestion rather coming out and saying it...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/collins-convinced-departures-will-be-easily-replaced-1.862454

Still laughing about the bit about Gathuessi! :faf:

Lago
19-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Thankfully you're not in charge:aok:

This thread should be locked. It's embarrassing.

Strange comment, can't see where I said I was in charge, wanted to be in charge, was ever in charge.

happiehibbie
19-01-2012, 11:56 AM
I hope he cuts himself on the broken glass as he crawls on the way up the A1

Quote as he left hibs

"I would have crawled along the M8 on broken glass to join Rangers"

ivan03
19-01-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote as he left hibs

Kev actually had a 2 page read one sunday in the paper saying he never once said that, and that he will always love hibs and hopes he can return one day before he hangs up the boots!

ahibby
19-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I can't see Mowbray letting him go but if he did, I'd be happy to take him back. I don't really pay attention to what papers say players have said and what was reported way back when passed me by with out so much as a comment. I don't think he'll be coming but if he did, I'd be happy that we have brought in some quality but I would be concerned that his style of play will always lead to frequent injuries. When he was at Hibs I was of the opinion that he was the best tackler in the SPL, my view looking back hasn't changed, what he is like now I haven't a clue but based on what I remember, then I'd say he'd be a good acquisition. Don't think it will happen though.

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Guy was a good player however I believe there are 100s of players out there who could do us a turn who may not turn out to be bawbags.

Hibs need to start looking for players to be here for the long run and stop being the Betty Ford or the 6 month shop window for players.

Albion Hibs
19-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I dont see Boro letting a player go that they paid money for and have spent money on wages for a considerable period of time, for nowt / the covering of a portion of his wages. I would also think the Mowbray would want to give him a shot and is probably more than aware of how capable he is of doing a job.

I dont however understand why some people would be so offended by him coming back, he left to join a bigger club, for more money and the chance of winning things. I dont think you can hold that against a player. What he did or did not say seems grey and on that basis I doubt the truth will ever fully be know.

He is a very good player, and we are in no position to turn any midfielder away when you look at the current pool that we have to select from. I dont think it is likely that he will come back but I would love to see him playing for us again, and feel he would make a huge difference to the team.

lapsedhibee
19-01-2012, 12:18 PM
It was more a suggestion rather coming out and saying it...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/collins-convinced-departures-will-be-easily-replaced-1.862454

Still laughing about the bit about Gathuessi! :faf:

Ok thanks for link. :thumbsup:
JC certainly showing much too much faith in McCann, Stevenson and Hong Kong Thierry there.

poolman
19-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Ok thanks for link. :thumbsup:
JC certainly showing much too much faith in McCann, Stevenson and Hong Kong Thierry there.

Especially when he played him at CH against the sheep :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I heard its a done deal.

He'll be at the treatment table for the remainder of this season and the next.

"I'd crawled down the M8 on my hands and knees on broken glass to get to Ibrox."

Big mistake Kev, as the knees have never been quite the same since.

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I dont see Boro letting a player go that they paid money for and have spent money on wages for a considerable period of time, for nowt / the covering of a portion of his wages. I would also think the Mowbray would want to give him a shot and is probably more than aware of how capable he is of doing a job.

I dont however understand why some people would be so offended by him coming back, he left to join a bigger club, for more money and the chance of winning things. I dont think you can hold that against a player. What he did or did not say seems grey and on that basis I doubt the truth will ever fully be know.

He is a very good player, and we are in no position to turn any midfielder away when you look at the current pool that we have to select from. I dont think it is likely that he will come back but I would love to see him playing for us again, and feel he would make a huge difference to the team.

I remember some stuff that was said, I was working in warehouse at time so had real radio on every night and their Agent Willie McKay came on and was interviewd, I remember a few things firstly he came on suggesting the players actually wanted to stay but be paid what they are worth something he and the players knew Hibs could never do once bigger clubs were interested, he made out that Hibs as a club or RP were being unreasonable in the fees we wanted for the players and unreasonable in paying them more. He suggested we shouldnt be able to ask for £1m+ for the players as we were not paying them the money a player worth £1m was on, that for me is a nonsense.

This bollox continued with garbage along the lines of the players want to stay and if they do I will donate my fee to the sick kids hospital in Edinburgh, all in all McKay did everything he could to undermine the manager and the chairmen of Hibs in order for the 2 bawbags to make as much dough asap regardless of what fees Hibs get. Hibs were just seen as an inconvience for the players it appeared.

Now granted McKay did all this but KT just sat back and allowed him to traet Hibs with a lack of respect I havent seen before or since, I do not remeber once KT saying that McKay was out of order or distance himself from comments so for me it was as good as the players saying it.

KT decided to try to shaft the chairmen in public after agreeing a new deal not that long before, just when we needed the players to come together you have this going on. I think we can find good players to fit our budget maybe even better if lucky.

Prawn Sandwich
19-01-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm not convinced how accurate this story is? However, anyone who has been watching Hibs for the past two or three seasons should be delighted if a player of the quality of Kevin Thomson should be brought to Hibs. He is exactly the type of player we need. I would support bringing the devil himself to Easter Road if I thought I would be able to enjoy watching a game again. I don't remember the last time I actually enjoyed a home game?

Beefster
19-01-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote as he left hibs

"You will remember how, as captain at 21 of his boyhood heroes, he leapt from the transfer window and, if one of our more excitable journals is to be believed, was prepared to "crawl along the M8 on broken glass" to get to Ibrox. "That was the headline but I never said that," he says. "I wasn't trying to get away from Hibs, from Hibs fans, from my mates in the East Stand - I only wanted out of John Collins' sight."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/saturday_interview_kevin_thomson_i_would_ve_loved_ to_have_come_away_from_hibs_a_hero_1_820352

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm not convinced how accurate this story is? However, anyone who has been watching Hibs for the past two or three seasons should be delighted if a player of the quality of Kevin Thomson should be brought to Hibs. He is exactly the type of player we need. I would support bringing the devil himself to Easter Road if I thought I would be able to enjoy watching a game again. I don't remember the last time I actually enjoyed a home game?

He may be the sort of player we need but not the sort of person, he has previous for disruption once the big bucks are on table or doesnt like manager, I think PF should look for some of the gems that will be out there, the last thing Hibs need are disruptive influnces if we start to get on track.

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 12:45 PM
"You will remember how, as captain at 21 of his boyhood heroes, he leapt from the transfer window and, if one of our more excitable journals is to be believed, was prepared to "crawl along the M8 on broken glass" to get to Ibrox. "That was the headline but I never said that," he says. "I wasn't trying to get away from Hibs, from Hibs fans, from my mates in the East Stand - I only wanted out of John Collins' sight."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/saturday_interview_kevin_thomson_i_would_ve_loved_ to_have_come_away_from_hibs_a_hero_1_820352

So what do we believe that he never said it and all of that interview is true?, as I said the silence on all comments attributed to him say it all at the time, he comments years later on them when it probablay might suit his agenda. If I had a headline that I did not say I would mention it but of course we have to make sure we do not upset our new fans at Rangers so we will just leave it.

sesoim
19-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Can Hibs afford to sign someone who is only able to play about five games a season? NO.

Everything else about KT is irrelevant.

Golden Bear
19-01-2012, 12:55 PM
So what do we believe that he never said it and all of that interview is true?, as I said the silence on all comments attributed to him say it all at the time, he comments years later on them when it probablay might suit his agenda. If I had a headline that I did not say I would mention it but of course we have to make sure we do not upset our new fans at Rangers so we will just leave it.

Strangely enough the Kevin Thomson column in the Daily ****** was not written by Kevin Thomson and I bet he wouldn't make the same mistake today. OK he should have ensured that he was happy with the content before allowing publication but it was hardly a hanging offence - not in my book anyway.

Life's too short to hold petty grudges and it's time everybody moved on.

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Strangely enough the Kevin Thomson column in the Daily ****** was not written by Kevin Thomson and I bet he wouldn't make the same mistake today. OK he should have ensured that he was happy with the content before allowing publication but it was hardly a hanging offence - not in my book anyway.

Life's too short to hold petty grudges and it's time everybody moved on.

I agree so lets not bother with him at Hibs again, proven good player proven disruptive nature you wont just sign the aspects you like of a player, think we can find others and move on.

Thecat23
19-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I met Kevin in Tiger Lilly and had a chat with him about all the things he was meant to have said. The paper as always changed a lot of his quotes to suit the paper. People must also understand a lot of agents tell the player what to say to sound as if the club they are about to join is the only club they wanted to sign for. It's to please the fans. Kevin said he still watches Hibs but had stopped going to ER because he didn't feel comfy.

He really was a nice guy and spoke very highly of Hibs and how good a team they had. No sure if i'd have him back with the fitness issue but as for him as a person really good lad.

Persevere80
19-01-2012, 01:41 PM

Never read that before, Thanks for the link, come back KT, you may still get your chance to be a Hibs hero.

Thomson stressed: "Being stripped of the captaincy has been like a dagger through the heart for me."
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/thomson_in_confidence_crisis_over_captaincy_loss_1 _1333622

Cropley10
19-01-2012, 01:57 PM
ironic that those who feel this to be an embarassing or pointless thread, post that opinion nevertheless to send the thread back to the top of the messageboard for it to obtain the widest possible attention.

Perhaps in the hope it might be locked. :dunno:

But just so i don't get this wrong, if you don't like a thread, don't comment that you don't like it?

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Never read that before, Thanks for the link, come back KT, you may still get your chance to be a Hibs hero.

Thomson stressed: "Being stripped of the captaincy has been like a dagger through the heart for me."
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/thomson_in_confidence_crisis_over_captaincy_loss_1 _1333622

100% right to take captaincy off him, the audacity of him saying that while in middle of trying to get out at Hibs not what you look for in a captain I would think.

truehibernian
19-01-2012, 02:25 PM
100% right to take captaincy off him, the audacity of him saying that while in middle of trying to get out at Hibs not what you look for in a captain I would think.

I would agree that the captaincy issue is a problem when there is instability in a player's mind and there has been fall-out with the manager.

But I have read with interest people's views on Kevin and have to say I am still surprised how polarised the fanbase is on him.

For me he was a terrific player, on occasion far more important than Scotty or Derek. His midfield attributes were far far superior than he was given credit for at that age and time. Good passer, made intelligent runs, read the game well, good tackler......chipped in now and again with a goal or two.

What those that dislike him I think fail to remember is that he was led by an agent who absolutely no doubt started putting the pounds signs in front of him, a still young, impressionable lad, telling him no doubt that there were players his age with far less talent getting cheques each month with 5 '0's' at the end (some players he was no doubt mixing with socially)........anyone who says that they would not be tempted, no matter how happy you are in the workplace, at getting a wage 6-10 times what you are on at present, for me, is telling a wee fib......we all would. For me he made the mistake of switching agents, and the one he went with is notorious in the game. He also showed great naivity in doing a column, assisted by another, in a red top......that for me was his greatest mistake. You should never sell yourself nor your soul to the gossip columns and journalists, as they will be creative and economical, and write stories according to agenda, relationships in the game with others (clubs and touts) and will sensationalise an otherwise dull piece of news. Tony Mowbray had also left and he was a huge influence on many of the players at Hibs.

For me he is a top lad, always talks highly of Hibs. Was and is a superb footballer. He, as did others, gave money back to the club for the youth set up.....a lot of money too. He also brought in £2 million for us, from a club now on life support financially. The stadium, and East Mains, beautiful as they are, wouldn't be there if it were not for Laursen, De La Cruz, KT, Brown, Whitty, Murphs, GOC and Fletcher sales.

Each and every one of us have made errors in life, some big, some small, some when young and some we would change with the benefit of hindsight. It amazes me the grudges that are kept in football. Ian Murray for example is one of the nicest players and men you will ever meet......yet there are some that call him judas, Rangers this that and the next thing.......he was and is earning a wage to keep him and his now young family comfortable. It was Hibs that couldn't afford to keep him. Rangers could. End of the matter IMHO. Hibs are in all our blood, it never leaves you, again only my opinion. But we have no divine right to expect them to stay for the entireity of their career. Nor does it make someone a 'judas' when they leave for better money, better clubs (in footballing terms/possibility of success) or because family circumstances may dictate they wish a move (foreign club, try their hand in England, change of scene).

Players come and go, the club will always be there. Grudges should be left at the door and never invited in. For me KT will always be welcome at Hibs, whether as a player or a fan.

Stonewall
19-01-2012, 02:30 PM
"KT decided to try to shaft the chairmen in public after agreeing a new deal not that long before, just when we needed the players to come together you have this going on. I think we can find good players to fit our budget maybe even better if lucky."

Carlsberg

You may well have a point to your arguement but would you not acknowledge that KT and SB signed the new contracts on the full understanding that Hibs would not stand in the way of any move. (within reason). It seemed clear at the time that the new contracts meant little more than a wage increase and extended contract was granted and in return it meant that Hibs would get full monetary value for the pair.

Personally I have very low expectations as to the behaviour of footballers so would take him back on a pay as you play basis. Would be very surprised if it happened though.

Mikeystewart
19-01-2012, 02:40 PM
I would agree that the captaincy issue is a problem when there is instability in a player's mind and there has been fall-out with the manager.

But I have read with interest people's views on Kevin and have to say I am still surprised how polarised the fanbase is on him.

For me he was a terrific player, on occasion far more important than Scotty or Derek. His midfield attributes were far far superior than he was given credit for at that age and time. Good passer, made intelligent runs, read the game well, good tackler......chipped in now and again with a goal or two.

What those that dislike him I think fail to remember is that he was led by an agent who absolutely no doubt started putting the pounds signs in front of him, a still young, impressionable lad, telling him no doubt that there were players his age with far less talent getting cheques each month with 5 '0's' at the end (some players he was no doubt mixing with socially)........anyone who says that they would not be tempted, no matter how happy you are in the workplace, at getting a wage 6-10 times what you are on at present, for me, is telling a wee fib......we all would. For me he made the mistake of switching agents, and the one he went with is notorious in the game. He also showed great naivity in doing a column, assisted by another, in a red top......that for me was his greatest mistake. You should never sell yourself nor your soul to the gossip columns and journalists, as they will be creative and economical, and write stories according to agenda, relationships in the game with others (clubs and touts) and will sensationalise an otherwise dull piece of news. Tony Mowbray had also left and he was a huge influence on many of the players at Hibs.

For me he is a top lad, always talks highly of Hibs. Was and is a superb footballer. He, as did others, gave money back to the club for the youth set up.....a lot of money too. He also brought in £2 million for us, from a club now on life support financially. The stadium, and East Mains, beautiful as they are, wouldn't be there if it were not for Laursen, De La Cruz, KT, Brown, Whitty, Murphs, GOC and Fletcher sales.

Each and every one of us have made errors in life, some big, some small, some when young and some we would change with the benefit of hindsight. It amazes me the grudges that are kept in football. Ian Murray for example is one of the nicest players and men you will ever meet......yet there are some that call him judas, Rangers this that and the next thing.......he was and is earning a wage to keep him and his now young family comfortable. It was Hibs that couldn't afford to keep him. Rangers could. End of the matter IMHO. Hibs are in all our blood, it never leaves you, again only my opinion. But we have no divine right to expect them to stay for the entireity of their career. Nor does it make someone a 'judas' when they leave for better money, better clubs (in footballing terms/possibility of success) or because family circumstances may dictate they wish a move (foreign club, try their hand in England, change of scene).

Players come and go, the club will always be there. Grudges should be left at the door and never invited in. For me KT will always be welcome at Hibs, whether as a player or a fan.

:top marks :thumbsup:

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 02:45 PM

Sorry we will just need to disagree, every excuse is made for him being young led by agent, he was old enough to know exactly what he was doing and was happy to go along with it, I think at the time and now I have spent to much time on him, I do not want him to play for Hibs ever again. IMO he acted like a rat and there are 100s if not 1000s of players more than capable of doing a job at Hibs whom deserve it more than he does, IMO of course.

Im out of here on this one, guy remains a bawbag to me.

Ferryhibby
19-01-2012, 02:49 PM

:top marks Heartily agree, when he left he was goaded into an interview to try and sell himself to the hun support, remember they were promised brown and thomson as a packege, so when brown went to the tic he was left as this superstar player and had to get on the right side of them, hence the broken glass comment, which i'm still not convinced he actually said, i for one would welcome him back with open arms.

ivan03
19-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Unless Hibs have won the lotto then this is a no go as Rod couldnt afford Kevs wages. simple as that, end of thread!

truehibernian
19-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Sorry we will just need to disagree, every excuse is made for him being young led by agent, he was old enough to know exactly what he was doing and was happy to go along with it, I think at the time and now I have spent to much time on him, I do not want him to play for Hibs ever again. IMO he acted like a rat and there are 100s if not 1000s of players more than capable of doing a job at Hibs whom deserve it more than he does, IMO of course.

Im out of here on this one, guy remains a bawbag to me.

That's the beauty of football Carlsberg, opinions (thankfully) differ......and you are rightly entitled to yours. My only counter would be, and in purely footballing terms since his departure, would be - Brian Kerr, Ross Chisholm, Victor Palsson, John Rankin, Kevin McBride, Paddy Cregg.......not one comes close to the talent in Kevin's left peg. Not one has brought in a transfer fee to the club either for that matter.

As a club we are there to win football games IMHO and keep personal grudges out of things (unless it is something abhorrent like Craig Thomson of course)....if a player improves the side, and keeps us winning football games, for me that is key. You are 100% correct, stability and team morale is crucial, but I think if KT were ever to return to the club (and I don't see it soon), he would give his all to win games for Hibs. And I love seeing Hibs win football matches.

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 03:05 PM
That's the beauty of football Carlsberg, opinions (thankfully) differ......and you are rightly entitled to yours. My only counter would be, and in purely footballing terms since his departure, would be - Brian Kerr, Ross Chisholm, Victor Palsson, John Rankin, Kevin McBride, Paddy Cregg.......not one comes close to the talent in Kevin's left peg. Not one has brought in a transfer fee to the club either for that matter.

As a club we are there to win football games IMHO and keep personal grudges out of things (unless it is something abhorrent like Craig Thomson of course)....if a player improves the side, and keeps us winning football games, for me that is key. You are 100% correct, stability and team morale is crucial, but I think if KT were ever to return to the club (and I don't see it soon), he would give his all to win games for Hibs. And I love seeing Hibs win football matches.

My grudge is based on the player having a negative effect while at the club once things were not to his liking, so you are signing that sort of person along with the ability. I think we can live without that and we have seen to much of that. Iy is upto PF to sign better than the guys you mention and peaople who are commited to Hibs tough task, the above were not good enough and Thomson attitude was a disgrace so best to leave all well alone.

Milandinho
19-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Fenlon say's he's not in for Thompson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16636171.stm

Jim44
19-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Firstly, I think this rumour has no mileage whatsoever and I'm surprised at the amount of heated opinion being expressed. FWIW, in the event of the rumour having substance, I don't think Fenlon would give a moment's consideration to the feelings, negative or positive, of the fanbase. Dislike him (I admit to having been in this camp at the time) or like him, I would like to think that all fans would get behind any player wearing the green and white. I find the behaviour and habits of a tiny minority of our players dispicable, but it doesn't prevent me from giving them unconditional support when they are on the pitch.

snooky
19-01-2012, 04:29 PM

:aok: In Pat we trust :wink:

Andy74
19-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Fenlon doesn't appear to say anything at all in that article.

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2012, 04:51 PM
:aok: In Pat we trust :wink:

I trust Mr Fenlon, but would have been a funny situation for me if he wanted Katie.....I agree with Carlsberg, KT is a rat, and some of his actions and comments really irked me at the time, and I would find it hard to back any move....Thankfull it ain't occuring :aok:

The_Todd
19-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Katie would need to face up to some of the awful, awful things he'd "written" in his Record column first. Then he'd be forced to sit in a bath of beans outside Easter Road. Then he'd have dye his hair green and white.

Then, because I'm such a reasonable chap I'd allow him back. On a 10 year contract.

Hibby D
19-01-2012, 05:09 PM

:top marksGreat post

Even taking into account that talk of a KT return is all rumours and nonsense, you speak wise words :aok:

Lago
19-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Perhaps in the hope it might be locked. :dunno:

But just so i don't get this wrong, if you don't like a thread, don't comment that you don't like it?

Another strange comment from you.

John_the_angus_hibby
19-01-2012, 06:49 PM
An argument seems to be around the fact his engineering a move was not as bad as Deeks or Ian moving to the Old **** because we got £2.5m for him. That was down to the length of contract he was on and The Tache's negotiating skills, not that ball bag.

I don't wish him ill, but I don't want him near a Hibs top. Yes he was a young laddie being led by a banker of an agent, but he would have screwed us for no/minimum fee if he was in the final year of his contract.

The lad had no class, bloody good footballer that he was.

Move on.

Sent from another universe!

Bad Martini
19-01-2012, 06:50 PM
From all the players who have left hibs, I can't think of anyone id rather never return more than Thomson.

The whole manner in which he left was not accidental and he wasn't so young and daft not to know what he was dong.

H made his bed. He chased the pound note. He can **** off.

He was overrated then and frankly the money we made on him was the only decent part of the whole ****ty affair.

ENDOF

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Some of the attacks on KT on this thread are outrageous. If I were a Jambo I'd say they were bordering on racism.

hibsbollah
19-01-2012, 07:02 PM

Katie, in all likelihood. (Although as he's played only 23 games in two seasons its hard to be 100% sure:greengrin).

He's 27, done both his cruciates and broken a leg already. My guess is his career will be over before he hits 30.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Katie, in all likelihood. (Although as he's played only 23 games in two seasons its hard to be 100% sure:greengrin).

He's 27, done both his cruciates and broken a leg already. My guess is his career will be over before he hits 30.

I had not known this, i was under the impression it was the same one. That being the case, it would not surprise me if one or the other was to go again, or at least have trouble with it. As others have said, we cant afford him so its not going to happen.

If he does come back, i'd imagine it would be when he's finished his current contract at boro, or even after an extension of a year or two.

Or god forbid after another cruciate injury?

hibsbollah
19-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I had not known this, i was under the impression it was the same one. That being the case, it would not surprise me if one or the other was to go again, or at least have trouble with it. As others have said, we cant afford him so its not going to happen.

If he does come back, i'd imagine it would be when he's finished his current contract at boro, or even after an extension of a year or two.

Or god forbid after another cruciate injury?

It was definitely his right knee with Hibs, left knee with Der Hun. Interesting to see if any other player has continued a career for any length after doing both knees...

macd123
19-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Look no other player has said anything nearly as ridiculous as the thought of playing for Hibs for the next four months would make him feel physically sick.

He could have played or even captained Hibs to the CIS cup final then moved on with no hard feelings. There are plenty other decent players available.

Green Cabbage 7
19-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi guys new to this! anyway, can anybody tell me how long kt signed for middlesbrough for

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't want KT back at ER unless we get him on a free transfer and his contract is linked to his appearances. I couldn't care less about all the nonsense surrounding his departure and certainly don't get the supposed absolute hatred of him from some on here. My concerns are the amount of injuries he has suffered and his ability to play a sufficient amount of games per season to prove his worth.

Green Cabbage 7
19-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Don't want KT back at ER unless we get him on a free transfer and his contract is linked to his appearances. I couldn't care less about all the nonsense surrounding his departure and certainly don't get the supposed absolute hatred of him from some on here. My concerns are the amount of injuries he has suffered and his ability to play a sufficient amount of games per season to prove his worth.

Agree with you on all your points no need looking at the past only looking for players and if they are going to make us stronger if kt is or isn't that player so be it

Eyrie
19-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi guys new to this! anyway, can anybody tell me how long kt signed for middlesbrough for

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that he is 18 months into a four year deal.

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 08:01 PM

Why do you not care about his departure but only his ability? If you sign him you don't just sign the good aspects of him you are signing a guy quite prepared to undermine his manager and even the chairman if things are not as he would like so his departure is very much linked to all he is. His ability is only equalled by his terrible attitude towards the club last time he was here and to be honest he is not worth the risk.

I firmly beleive the player revolt seeds were starting to be sown with Thomson or his carry on did not help to what went on after he left.

Golden Bear
19-01-2012, 08:02 PM

He signed a 4 year contract which has probably set him up for life.

Green Cabbage 7
19-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that he is 18 months into a four year deal.

Thanks mate! Well unless there is something wrong ie broken then this won't be happening unless it was a loan deal can't see it myself!

Niffy
19-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Still , no matter what, at least the BBC called it right way back then... glad I got a screen shot of this :)

http://www.scotscoot.com/kt.jpg

Albion Hibs
It seems there is a lot of acknowledgement that a large portion of the media issues related to his agent, it is all fair and well saying he could have stopped him, but lets be honest, he could not gag the guy nor following him round 24/7 to watch what he was saying.

There is also a lot of mention about dressing room revolt, yet Stewart seems to escape crit for that, and many on here have said they would take him back, despite the fact he then went over the other side of the city.

We never seem to hold ourselves / the club in comtempt when we sign a player on a contract then release them, paying them up only a portion of the deal that we offered to them and signed with them. Yet a player that leaves and makes money for the club takes pelters. Palsson is the most recent example, there was more than enough "good riddens" comments for a player that had his contract torn up, so its fine if you leave on the terms of the fans, but you are every name under the sun if a player choses to leave the club.

It is all fair and well saying we can get better players, but lets be honest, can we? for the money that we pay I dont think we can. Players like Liam Miller, and John Rankin would walk back into the current midfield.

Niffy
Ooo I'm a first team regular now after doing that :)

FRes Hibbie
For all of that talented team in the mid noughties, Hibs were a stepping stone. Fine, it's not where we want to be but it's something the majority of us have accepted. Riordan, Caldwell and Murray didn't leave in good circumstances: all to Glasgow and all on bosmans (or for a relatively tiny fee) but nobody was as bad as Thomson. The only saving grace he has in the whole thing was that we got some money for him - which was thanks to RP, really.

For someone that's meant to be a hibbee, to act in the way he did and say some of the things he said, whilst in the privileged position of being club captain no less, was really, really low.

There are rare cases when you shouldn't sign a player for non-footballing reasons. This is one of them.

And that's before we discuss the other big issues of his long-term fitness and wages.

SMAXXA
19-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Has this thread no been done to death yet :greengrin, canny beleive its still growning in size, 9 pages of pretty much the same comments on every page, now wheres that pun thread! :greengrin:greengrin

Green Cabbage 7
19-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Still , no matter what, at least the BBC called it right way back then... glad I got a screen shot of this :)

Sorry buddy but the media will spin anything especially to the old firm and anyway who would not want there mate with them!

givescotlandfreedom
19-01-2012, 08:36 PM

I didn't even know that was his middle name :greengrin

Albion Hibs
19-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Has this thread no been done to death yet :greengrin, canny beleive its still growning in size, 9 pages of pretty much the same comments on every page, now wheres that pun thread! :greengrin:greengrin

It will surely get to 12, especially if people keep replying to the post with a picture in it, you only get about 7 of them to a page.

tamig
19-01-2012, 09:36 PM
For all of that talented team in the mid noughties, Hibs were a stepping stone. Fine, it's not where we want to be but it's something the majority of us have accepted. Riordan, Caldwell and Murray didn't leave in good circumstances: all to Glasgow and all on bosmans (or for a relatively tiny fee) but nobody was as bad as Thomson. The only saving grace he has in the whole thing was that we got some money for him - which was thanks to RP, really.

For someone that's meant to be a hibbee, to act in the way he did and say some of the things he said, whilst in the privileged position of being club captain no less, was really, really low.

There are rare cases when you shouldn't sign a player for non-footballing reasons. This is one of them.

And that's before we discuss the other big issues of his long-term fitness and wages.

We are still a stepping stone and probably will be for a while to come. That's not going to change. Talent will always outgrow Hibs.

And how do you know he said half of the stuff he's been reported as saying? That plank Jackson was like the ventriloquist in relation to a lot of things that were attributed to KT having said.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Why do you not care about his departure but only his ability? If you sign him you don't just sign the good aspects of him you are signing a guy quite prepared to undermine his manager and even the chairman if things are not as he would like so his departure is very much linked to all he is. His ability is only equalled by his terrible attitude towards the club last time he was here and to be honest he is not worth the risk.

I firmly beleive the player revolt seeds were starting to be sown with Thomson or his carry on did not help to what went on after he left.

Because I can't remember the last time I worried about the physcological side of a player when the club I support was intending to sign someone, in fact all I ever really concerned myself with was their track record ON the pitch!

Captain Trips
19-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Because I can't remember the last time I worried about the physcological side of a player when the club I support was intending to sign someone, in fact all I ever really concerned myself with was their track record ON the pitch!

Never have I as it is not something you here about much before you sign a player, however KT is a person whom isnt a new signing we know nothing about he is somebody who could cause trouble as did in past therefore possibly affecting things ON the pitch not just with him but perhaps others.

SaulGoodman
19-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I'd put my principles behind me and take him back, regardless of what I think about him.

If he plays like he played under Mowbray he can only help the team.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Never have I as it is not something you here about much before you sign a player, however KT is a person whom isnt a new signing we know nothing about he is somebody who could cause trouble as did in past therefore possibly affecting things ON the pitch not just with him but perhaps others.

Each to their own mate, I just feel folk get far too hung up with what happened previously and this KT is trouble to me is a load of nonsense, he's now older and wiser and I don't recall him being trouble at his following clubs!

Anyway he aint coming :greengrin

FRes Hibbie
19-01-2012, 10:32 PM
We are still a stepping stone and probably will be for a while to come. That's not going to change. Talent will always outgrow Hibs.

And how do you know he said half of the stuff he's been reported as saying? That plank Jackson was like the ventriloquist in relation to a lot of things that were attributed to KT having said.

I agree, we are a stepping stone in the eyes of talented young players. I acknowledged that in my post. If you want an example of how it SHOULD be done, look at David Murphy: he wanted to leave, the club knew this but he didn't go moaning to the papers, he was a consistently excellent player for us, he won the CIS cup with us, he did it right and he got his move and ended up in the Premiership, not along the m8, and with the blessing of most hibs fans - and he didn't even grow up a hibee.

I wish all of them had acted like that - and I don't just mean Thomson. If the rest decided to return then it would be a case of bygones being bygones IMO but Thomson's situation was the worst. It would send out the wrong message to our youngsters to let him come back.

And if Jackson was the ventriloquist then Thomson was the spineless puppet that let him drag our name through the ***** and never spoke up. Some hibee, some captain. :bitchy:

Edit, I realise that he won't be coming back just now anyway but this'll be my opinion whenever these rumours of a return surface.

Mikeystewart
19-01-2012, 10:43 PM

Windows Vista and Internet Explorer!?!?! :bitchy: :tsk tsk: