PDA

View Full Version : Celtic

SMAXXA
18-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Is it just me or are they signing players for fun these days, they must have a massive squad, I see they just signed another ghuy a Nigerian whop was on trial. They must have to start offloading players at some point, any chance of Paddy McCourt now there would be a winger that would improve us :greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-01-2012, 07:07 PM
No doubt they will do their usual act of throwing out a big name towards the end of the window to keep the fans onside, he will then fail to materialise and then another name will be mentioned in the summer and so on and so forth.

Would definitely take McCourt of their hands though.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2012, 07:20 PM
No doubt they will do their usual act of throwing out a big name towards the end of the window to keep the fans onside, he will then fail to materialise and then another name will be mentioned in the summer and so on and so forth.

Would definitely take McCourt of their hands though.

Quite like mc court but couldn't do without my swimming pool.

Hibstrooper
18-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I struggle to name half the Celtic team these days. They seem to go for a policy of quantity over quality with the hope that they'll find some talent on the relative cheap.

SMAXXA
18-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I struggle to name half the Celtic team these days. They seem to go for a policy of quantity over quality with the hope that they'll find some talent on the relative cheap.

I agree, it seems to me that they have a convayerbelt of trialists in at Darkheid these days and really struggle to see why they sign some of these if they arnt gettin rid of some of the existing squad

I'm_cabbaged
18-01-2012, 07:33 PM

:thumbsup:

I'm hearing you Bob. :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
18-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Between Lennon and John Park, they've scouted and bought more successes than duds from down south and abroad. Celtic will cash in a tidy profit on a number of them - however the minions at Parkheid are restless for a title so he better serve one up this year for them.

Agree on one thing though - the days of being able to name the Celtic XI are long gone but then I could say the same of most SPL clubs.

SMAXXA
18-01-2012, 07:40 PM

Shhhhhh the Pun police are on duty today you dont want this thread launched :greengrin

:fishin:

Spike Mandela
18-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Hard to see anything other than a Celtic treble this year.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2012, 08:46 PM
The Celtc way seems to be if they have an injury, or someone has a bad game, the knee-jerk reaction is to go out and by another player. The leagues in England seem to be littered with players on loan from them. I see that they sent that big centre-half Thomson out on loan to Chesterfield and then later brought in an East European on a three or four year deal. Not a lot of inclination to look to to their own youth system. Makes me wonder what the Celtc fans mean when they say that players have to know what it means to be a Celtc player. A league cup game now and again and five or ten minutes in the second half when they are 5-0 up at home?

Green and white
18-01-2012, 09:11 PM
You need a big squad if you want to win the league I suppose. I notice they like signing Asian players to try get some money in. That's why Ki has been linked with Liverpool and Man United because the shirts he will sell in Asia will be massive.

NOLA
18-01-2012, 09:20 PM
if we get in McCourt will the fans sing "Paddy McCourts Fenian Army" :wink:

LancashireHibby
18-01-2012, 10:59 PM
They're also signing Jaroslaw Fojut in the summer from Wraclaw in Poland - he used to play for Bolton as a youngster and I was speaking to the fella who put him up in his house when he first joined the academy.