PDA

View Full Version : Larkhall Hibs?

Kaiser_Sauzee
18-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Not sure if there are any Hibs fans in deepest darkest Larkhall but there will be from Saturday when I take my woman along to ER for the first time clad in green & white.

Larkhall Hibs SC :greengrin

Keith_M
18-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Not sure if there are any Hibs fans in deepest darkest Larkhall but there will be from Saturday when I take my woman along to ER for the first time clad in green & white.

Larkhall Hibs SC :greengrin

Is that her in your avatar?

If so, has she got a sister? :greengrin

James70
18-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Is Larkhall not bandit country for anyone clad in green and white?

Kaiser_Sauzee
18-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Is that her in your avatar?

If so, has she got a sister? :greengrin

:aok:

Kaiser_Sauzee
18-01-2012, 12:13 PM

Aye - doesn't stop me wearing Hibs stuff though. Up them.

James70
18-01-2012, 12:21 PM
I hear that even the grass in Larkhall is orange! :greengrin

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Aye - doesn't stop me wearing Hibs stuff though. Up them. and do you go to the only blue coloured McDonalds, this side o' the Pecos,what colour's yer dug lead,school'd ye go tae etc etc.

DH1875
18-01-2012, 07:39 PM
I hear that even the grass in Larkhall is orange! :greengrin

Is it true that the Subway shop there is the only one in the world that aint green?

hibbybrian
18-01-2012, 08:42 PM

Birthplace of a player who won 3 League Championship medals with Hibs :wink: maybe he got away with it because of his Surname :greengrin

andudare2
18-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Birthplace of a player who won 3 League Championship medals with Hibs :wink: maybe he got away with it because of his Surname :greengringovan ?

hibbybrian
19-01-2012, 09:08 AM
govan ?

:agree: Jock Govan :not worth

Lago
19-01-2012, 10:42 AM
:agree: Jock Govan :not worth

Great guy had many a pint with him in the Weatsheaf in Dalkeith. His story of how he became a hibbie is something else.

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Great guy had many a pint with him in the Weatsheaf in Dalkeith. His story of how he became a hibbie is something else.

Tell us then, you wicked tease!

Lago
19-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Tell us then, you wicked tease!

As Jock told the story, he had effectively stopped playing football at this particular time, however he was asked on one specific occassion to play for a local Larkhall team as they were short of players. Seems that Hibs were interested in one of the other players & had a scout through to have a look at him. However it was Jock who caught his eye & he asked him at the end of the game if he would fancy coming through to ER for a trial with Hibs. As Jock said to me, at that time the only teams anyone really knew or cared about, were the OF, but he went through had a trial & the rest is history. One of the best full backs to play for Hibs & a real gentleman.
I can remember saying to him it was a bit of a boy's own story, but he just said he never ever expected to be a professional footballer.

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2012, 06:55 PM
As Jock told the story, he had effectively stopped playing football at this particular time, however he was asked on one specific occassion to play for a local Larkhall team as they were short of players. Seems that Hibs were interested in one of the other players & had a scout through to have a look at him. However it was Jock who caught his eye & he asked him at the end of the game if he would fancy coming through to ER for a trial with Hibs. As Jock said to me, at that time the only teams anyone really knew or cared about, were the OF, but he went through had a trial & the rest is history. One of the best full backs to play for Hibs & a real gentleman.
I can remember saying to him it was a bit of a boy's own story, but he just said he never ever expected to be a professional footballer.

Thank you!

Lago
19-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Thank you!

Your welcome

Jonnyboy
19-01-2012, 07:25 PM

Great stuff Lago and thanks for sharing :aok:

WellingtonHibby
20-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Says on wiki that the good folk of Larkhill burned his hibs kit when they found out he had signed for us. Witchhunt style.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Larkhall Hibs ---- I think it's time to fly the Erin go Bragh flag from your house! stir up the locals ;)

Geo_1875
20-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Love the old story (no doubt complete bollolcks) that whenever the council needed to paint railings in Larkhall they only had to put a green undercoat on and the job was mysteriously completed overnight.

Lago
20-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Great stuff Lago and thanks for sharing :aok:

Let me tell you when he was telling me the story I was like a wee laddie absolutely spell bound. He was so modest no boasting or bluster, kind of rounded it up as fate that he played on that day, fate a Hibs scout was there to watch another player fate that he decided to go through to ER when he wasn't sure if he should or not.
Anyway glad to have been able to share.

cabbageandribs1875
23-01-2012, 12:22 PM
just read that Asda are planning to open a new store in larky, will the moronic bigots allow a green sign ? :confused: or will the locals risk losing much needed jobs if asda say GTF then larky :)