PDA

View Full Version : Transfer update - McPake/Soares Confirmed

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Everton have made an official bid for Jelavic according to SSN

SMAXXA
29-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Please do not tell me what I meant when I wrote it, it is a genuine point in a thread about 2 players simple as that asking a genuine question. If you know my posts I am direct in my views not meaning one thing but saying another. So settle.

These players are here to help stop us being relegated hence the fact they are here for rest of season they are not here to sing a chorus of "happy days are here again" or anything else, hence why I asked do they look like they are going to be part or able to as has been discussed in this thread before so 100% relevant to post here. Fine if after 1 game is early? I have not came on and criticsed them have I? I came on to see if they look like they are going to help.

Im very settled Carlsberg, and I stand by what I said earlier, from someone who has been so negative about these signings since they came on board, I found your initial post as no surprise that you took the opportunity to ask how they did on this thread on the back of yesterdays 4-0 defeat.Yes it could be genuine but I suspect it wasnt, especially since there was various other threads more fitting to answer that question, yet you chose to post it on this thread that you spent this week saying how underwhelming these guys are etc. Hence I felt your post wasnt truley genuine in what you really meant by it, i.e I told you so they aint the answer.

I see you have editied it and added the bottom paragraph, I dont think the bit in bold was actually what you asked, you said "does anyone think that these 2 players are the ones to prevent our slipping out SPL?" After one game, as others have commented on, is just crazy IMO.

If im wrong then fair enough I apologise, thats just how I interprated it.

stantonhibby
29-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Im very settled Carlsberg, and I stand by what I said earlier, from someone who has been so negative about these signings since they came on board, I found your initial post as no surprise that you took the opportunity to ask how they did on this thread on the back of yesterdays 4-0 defeat.Yes it could be genuine but I suspect it wasnt, especially since there was various other threads more fitting to answer that question, yet you chose to post it on this thread that you spent this week saying how underwhelming these guys are etc. Hence I felt your post wasnt truley genuine in what you really meant by it, i.e I told you so they aint the answer.

I see you have editied it and added the bottom paragraph, I dont think the bit in bold was actually what you asked, you said "does anyone think that these 2 players are the ones to prevent our slipping out SPL?" After one game, as others have commented on, is just crazy IMO.

:top marks

Captain Trips
29-01-2012, 10:01 PM

You interpreted it wrong, secondlt absoloutley the right place to ask what I did, 3rdly I said I was concerned about these players lack of games I didnt say they would fail and hoped they would do well. I have discussed these fears for players within this thread so asked in this thread how the look. I see you havent then picked up on anyone whom thought they were good signings after no games? That not more "crazy".

Like it or not they were bought for reasons I stated to help us not get relegated. I was asking if they looked ok crazily enough on a thread about them. As for bit on bold if I wrote it then I meant it, you don't decide if thats what I was asking.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2012, 09:38 AM
We are interested in Celtic left back Andre Blackman again apparently

#dundeeunited sign milos lacny on a year loan from sparta prague

greenlex
30-01-2012, 09:40 AM
#dundeeunited sign milos lacny on a year loan from sparta prague
A loan? GTF:brickwall

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Have Dunfermline actually brought in anyone? they will surely have as much need as us.

greenlex
30-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Have Dunfermline actually brought in anyone? they will surely have as much need as us.

Mark Kerr that I know of.

JimBHibees
30-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Mark Kerr that I know of.

Also the goalie Turner who seems a complete bombscare which is good.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Window closes at 11pm tomorrow night, so less than 36 hours to go.

stokesmessiah
30-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Window closes at 11pm tomorrow night, so less than 36 hours to go.

Is it 11pm here also?

I dont know if its my imagination but i am sure last Jan the window in England closed at 11pm and ours was open until 12??

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Is it 11pm here also?

I dont know if its my imagination but i am sure last Jan the window in England closed at 11pm and ours was open until 12??

Yeah, a BBC journo just confirmed it on twitter

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2012, 10:40 AM
This window when it slums shut, will be like a criminal being locked in his cell and bars slam shut on the 1st night and the realism hits you. In Hibs case, 1st division football next season.

greenlex
30-01-2012, 10:42 AM
This window when it slums shut, will be like a criminal being locked in his cell and bars slam shut on the 1st night and the realism hits you. In Hibs case, Survived!!!!! Now for some work and kick on.

Fixed that for you there Craig. :wink:

Andy74
30-01-2012, 10:57 AM

For me it's a bit like the guy who takes his trainers with him when he goes out on safari tiger spotting with his mate. His mate laughs at him and says that there's no way that those will equip him if they get chased by a tiger. He says, no, I don't have to beat the tiger, I just have to beat you.

At the moment we just have to esnure we are equipped to get better results for the rest of the season than Dunfermline do.

PaulSmith
30-01-2012, 12:17 PM
The injured Rhys Murphy has just joined Preston on loan

stokesmessiah
30-01-2012, 12:19 PM
The injured Rhys Murphy has just joined Preston on loan

In fairness i think what Pat said was that Hibs could not afford to wait for him to be at full fitness.

Judas Iscariot
30-01-2012, 12:46 PM
In fairness i think what Pat said was that Hibs could not afford to wait for him to be at full fitness.

:agree:

I do hope we sign another striker though otherwise letting him return and leaving us no cover will look a bit silly...

SRHibs
30-01-2012, 12:48 PM
We need a marquee signing of some sort. The signings thus far have been underwhelming, to say the least.

sadtom
30-01-2012, 12:55 PM
We need a marquee signing of some sort. The signings thus far have been underwhelming, to say the least.

You mean like Nade? Cause he'll need a big top?! (i'll get me coat) :greengrin

Spike Mandela
30-01-2012, 01:09 PM
For me it's a bit like the guy who takes his trainers with him when he goes out on safari tiger spotting with his mate. His mate laughs at him and says that there's no way that those will equip him if they get chased by a tiger. He says, no, I don't have to beat the tiger, I just have to beat you.

At the moment we just have to esnure we are equipped to get better results for the rest of the season than Dunfermline do.

How do I feel as though somebody has nicked one of the guy's trainers:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2012, 01:44 PM

It would be a statement of inTent

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2012, 02:10 PM
From twitter -

Sol Bamba could be a deadline day move to a premier league club...

#Rangers confirm Juanma Ortiz is heading back to previous club Almeria on loan

Polish goalkeeper Radoslaw Cierzniak has joined Dundee United on trial

Scotland Under-21 goalkeeper Mark Ridgers signs a new deal at hearts

#Sunderland bid for Kevin Davies rejected by #Bolton

In terms of tomorrow's transfer deadline(s): #spl 23:00 #sfl midnight

truehibernian
30-01-2012, 02:14 PM
From twitter -

Sol Bamba could be a deadline day move to a premier league club...

#Rangers confirm Juanma Ortiz is heading back to previous club Almeria on loan

Polish goalkeeper Radoslaw Cierzniak has joined Dundee United on trial

Scotland Under-21 goalkeeper Mark Ridgers signs a new deal at hearts

#Sunderland bid for Kevin Davies rejected by #Bolton

In terms of tomorrow's transfer deadline(s): #spl 23:00 #sfl midnight

Rod and Co will certainly be hoping so.

Golden Bear
30-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Rod and Co will certainly be hoping so.

Sell on clause?

The Voice Of Reason
30-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Bamba could possibly be a target for the Pars, is his wife/partner not from there?

I think he meant an ENGLISH Premier League Club (happy to be corrected though!) :agree:

HibbyAndy
30-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Bamba could possibly be a target for the Pars, is his wife/partner not from there?

I was thinking 'the premier league club' ment the English league as opposed to the Scottish League, No danger Dunfy are getting Sol.

JimBHibees
30-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I think he meant an ENGLISH Premier League Club (happy to be corrected though!) :agree:

Yep just assumed an SPL but that makes more sense. I have now deleted my post so thanks for highlighting my mistake. :greengrin

JimBHibees
30-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I was thinking 'the premier league club' ment the English league as opposed to the Scottish League, No danger Dunfy are getting Sol.

Yep agree I stand corrected. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
30-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Yep agree I stand corrected. :greengrin

:thumbsup:

:greengrin

truehibernian
30-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Sell on clause?

Believe so. Steve Kean noted an interest in him and given Blackburn's Samba being unhappy there, they could come in with a bid. I was under the impression Sol was away on ANC duty though. But with Wes Morgan now going to Leicester there could something in it.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Believe so. Steve Kean noted an interest in him and given Blackburn's Samba being unhappy there, they could come in with a bid. I was under the impression Sol was away on ANC duty though. But with Wes Morgan now going to Leicester there could something in it.

Ivory Coast are playing tonight. They have already qualified for the QF, so he could be there a while yet.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2012, 03:06 PM
#stjohnstone have signed #spurs striker Kudus Oyenuga & #celtic striker James Keatings on loan until the end of the season

JimBHibees
30-01-2012, 03:09 PM
#stjohnstone have signed #spurs striker Kudus Oyenuga & #celtic striker James Keatings on loan until the end of the season

That will be Sandaza away.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Craig Brown is hopeful he will complete the signing of Nigeria trialist Danny Uchechi tomorrow. Has been recommended by Sone Aluko #Aberdeen

Sensational. RT @STV_Andy: Jorge Claros in talks with Hibernian following Rangers trial

SRHibs
30-01-2012, 05:11 PM

Claros would fit the bill nicely.:pray:

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Craig Brown is hopeful he will complete the signing of Nigeria trialist Danny Uchechi tomorrow. Has been recommended by Sone Aluko #Aberdeen

Sensational. RT @STV_Andy: Jorge Claros in talks with Hibernian following Rangers trial

"Claros was shot in the head on June 16, 2011 after car thieves failed to steal his vehicle"

Think he might just be up for the fight.

1875Sean
30-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Intresting to see Rhys Murphy has signed for Preston, so much for that "injury"

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2012, 09:43 PM
So here's how the SPL clubs are doing -

ABERDEEN

In: Mark Reynolds (Sheffield Wednesday, loan), Russell Anderson (free), Gavin Rae (Dundee)

Out: Richard Foster (Bristol City), Jack Grimmer (Fulham)

CELTIC

In: Mikael Lustig (Rosenborg, free), Rabiu Ibrahim (PSV, free), Pawel Brozek (Trabzonspor, loan)

Out: Josh Thompson (Chesterfield, loan), Badr El Kaddouri (end of loan)

DUNDEE UNITED

In: Richie Ryan (Sligo Rovers), Milos Lacny (Sparta Prague, loan)

Out: Scott Allan (West Bromwich Albion)

DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC

In: Iain Turner (Preston North End, loan), Mark Kerr (free)

Out: None

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

In: None

Out: Eggert Jonsson (Wolves), Calum Elliot (released)

HIBERNIAN

In: Eoin Doyle (Sligo Rovers), Leigh Griffiths (Wolves, loan extension), George Francomb (Norwich City, loan), James McPake (Coventry City, loan), Tom Soares (Stoke City, loan)

Out: Matt Thornhill (released), Junior Agogo (released), Victor Palsson (released)

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE

In: Steve Williams (Bradford City, loan), Claude Gnapkpa (Walsall, free), Sam Winnall (Wolves, loan)

Out: David Davis (end of loan)

KILMARNOCK

In: Ben Gordon (Chelsea, loan), Michael Nelson (Scunthorpe United), Dean Shiels (Doncaster Rovers), Dieter van Tornhout (Nea Salamina)

Out: Patrick Ada (released), Ben Hutchinson (Mansfield Town), Billy Berntsson (Hammarby)

MOTHERWELL

In: Henrik Ojamaa (RoPS)

Out: Stephen Hughes (released)

RANGERS

In: Mervan Celik (GAIS)

Out: David Weir (released), Thomas Kind Bendiksen (Tromso), Darren Cole, Kal Naismith (both Partick Thistle, loan)

ST JOHNSTONE

In: Lee Croft (Derby County, loan), Jack Compton (Falkirk, loan)

Out: Graham Gartland (Shamrock Rovers), Sam Parkin (released)

ST MIRREN

In: Dougie Imrie (Hamilton)

Out: Joe McKee (end of loan), Ilias Haddad (released), Jon McShane (Hamilton, loan)

Gmack7
30-01-2012, 09:56 PM
ssn saying fee agreed betweee the stickies and the toffees for jellyfish

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2012, 10:08 PM
#Aberdeen agree 2 and half year deal to sign Danny Uchechi from Fc Dender. Contract and registration completed tomorrow.

Andy74
31-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Seven trialists played yesterday according to Evening News.

Nothing new on Claros, Scunthorpe confirming bid for O'Connor.

Though Evening News also saying another centre half is a priority. I don't know if that's Hibs' view or just everyone else's!

SMAXXA
31-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Seven trialists played yesterday according to Evening News.

Nothing new on Claros, Scunthorpe confirming bid for O'Connor.

Though Evening News also saying another centre half is a priority. I don't know if that's Hibs' view or just everyone else's!

I wonder who the trialists were hmm

Albion Hibs
31-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Dont know if it is on here anywhere else but I heard the Hondurian guy has signed for us. Another decent addition if true.

Sweep
31-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Hearing Burton O'Brian 18 month deal for hibs. Source? Twitter

dmc1875
31-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Hearing Burton O'Brian 18 month deal for hibs. Source? Twitter

Surely no? :confused:

Gmack7
31-01-2012, 12:28 PM
have homfc managed to shove anymore out?

Golden Bear
31-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Rangers have renewed their interest in Fran Sandaza so I presume the Jelavic transfer process is drawing to a conclusion.

Billychaotic182
31-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Rangers have renewed their interest in Fran Sandaza so I presume the Jelavic transfer process is drawing to a conclusion.

Just said on bbc news that he has agreed a 4 and a half year deal at Everton

Andy74
31-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Just said on bbc news that he has agreed a 4 and a half year deal at Everton

I could see them getting Sandaza and Templeton in for little outlay.

JimBHibees
31-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I could see them getting Sandaza and Templeton in for little outlay.

Think Sanadaza is a cert with St J's bringing in two strikers on loan yesterday.