PDA

View Full Version : Transfer update - McPake/Soares Confirmed

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Sir David Gray
23-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Keep them coming, Pat.

I just want as many of the players that have been playing for us over the past few months to be as far away from the first team as possible.

Team for Rangers then;

Brown

Francomb
McPake
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Osbourne
Soares
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths (if not suspended)

SUBS

Stack
Hart
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Smith
Galbraith
Caldwell

Practically no-one that I would want to see coming on as a substitute but the first XI is beginning to look a lot better.

Another two players over the next week will do the trick. :aok:

Spike Mandela
23-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Do you think blockbuster signings are queing up to sign for Hibs like, cmon you need to get real here, I bet it took all the convincing in the world to even get these guys to come to us. Who would be your idea of a blocbuster signing then? A realistic one at that

There are hundreds of players out there that would be better than the players we have. Sifting through them all looking at their strengths and weaknesses will have been an arduous task. PF must see something in Soares that overrides the fact he has only played a handful of games in the last two years.

Speedway
23-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Any chance we could put in a cheeky wee bid for a lad they've got a newcastle who scores a barrowload, Phil ... something or other.

Surely wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to come up the A1, could be a cracking addition.

Alfred E Newman
23-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Hart jesus what are you on and Stephens had a mare on saturday.

Must be

Brown

Francombe O'Hanlon McPake Booth

Sproule Soares Osbourne Doyle

O,connor Griffiths

Griffiths needs to screw the nut though
Stephens needs work done on him.
Hanlon needs work as well
Goodwin would be a bonus
Rlease Hart
Send Towell back
Keep Stevenson at present
Keep Scott
Keep Wotherspoon

If Hart had a mare on Sat , what did Sproule have?

Hibbyradge
23-01-2012, 08:30 PM
If you think McPake and Soares are Roy of the Rovers stuff great, I hope they are.

I think they're better than we've got, that they'll do well in the SPL and they're just what we need.

You need a reality check, young fella.

Niffy
23-01-2012, 08:35 PM
I know we've had a few managers, but didn't know I'd started to forget some of them... this from the BBC...

"Striker Leigh Griffiths was brought to Hibs by previous manager Jimmy Calderwood, while defender George Francomb has arrived this month from Norwich City."

SMAXXA
23-01-2012, 08:37 PM
There are hundreds of players out there that would be better than the players we have. Sifting through them all looking at their strengths and weaknesses will have been an arduous task. PF must see something in Soares that overrides the fact he has only played a handful of games in the last two years.

I agree there are plenty out there better than our current players, I have no doubt this is the quality of player he was saying in his interview that he was working hard to get and if true the Tonge link then fair play to him. a premiership player who once went for 1.5m and a Championship player that a few of our rivals in the SPL were linked with also, I dont think thats bad and on paper I see it as progress.

Of course time will tell if they work out or not, just sick of people moaning even when we do sign guys, I think we need to try being a bit positve in this very trying of times.

SMAXXA
23-01-2012, 08:38 PM
I know we've had a few managers, but didn't know I'd started to forget some of them... this from the BBC...

"Striker Leigh Griffiths was brought to Hibs by previous manager Jimmy Calderwood, while defender George Francomb has arrived this month from Norwich City."

:faf:

jdships
23-01-2012, 08:43 PM
I do not care what fringes he is on, on paper and I know the game isnt played on paper I do not see players that have done anything of note recently. I do not know what budget is but for me it had to be blockbuter signings on loan not folk on the fringes of the fringes in Soares case anyway.

If you think McPake and Soares are Roy of the Rovers stuff great, I hope they are.

I don't normally quote rumors that my two lads at EM tell me about, but this one has a bit of credence about it.
They say PF is quite happy to sign " loans" in this window as the players he his looking for are not /may not be available until June .

Makes some sense as I suppose the main thing is survival :greengrin

R'Albin
23-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Any chance we could put in a cheeky wee bid for a lad they've got a newcastle who scores a barrowload, Phil ... something or other.

Surely wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to come up the A1, could be a cracking addition.

:greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
23-01-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't normally quote rumors that my two lads at EM tell me about, but this one has a bit of credence about it.
They say PF is quite happy to sign " loans" in this window as the players he his looking for are not /may not be available until June .

Makes some sense as I suppose the main thing is survival :greengrin

Well as long as we get them on per-contract NOW. Not wait until the summer and see the yams or someone else sign them.

Cropley10
23-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Hart jesus what are you on and Stephens had a mare on saturday.

Must be

Brown

Francombe O'Hanlon McPake Booth

Sproule Soares Osbourne Doyle

O,connor Griffiths

Jeezo, glad you're not in charge!!:greengrin

smurf
23-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Appears to be a good days business. Let's hope they settle quickly and do the business. GGTTH.

Captain Trips
23-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I think they're better than we've got, that they'll do well in the SPL and they're just what we need.

You need a reality check, young fella.

I do not need any reality check young man. I happen to think the loans we have seem to be not good enough from their records over last 12mths, surely there is some cause if you see how often played therefore I think that is a legitimate concern in a relegation battle if these are the guys to help. Soares does not appear to have played for a while, we are in relegation struggle and you suggest a reality check needed that I show a concern. McPake has hardly played this season and has had injury worries in career and this guy is going into a key area, you not think again concerns are acceptable or am I so wrong being concerened that our new signings havent played much football of late?

You think better than we have based on? I think nothing special based on their records, happy to be wrong and need to be wrong.

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I do not need any reality check young man. I happen to think the loans we have seem to be not good enough from their records over last 12mths, surely there is some cause if you see how often played therefore I think that is a legitimate concern in a relegation battle if these are the guys to help.

You think better than we have based on? I think nothing special based on their records, happy to be wrong and need to be wrong.

If you guys are through issuing reality checks, what about sorting out Bobby here with a fantasy check? Cause the reality checks I've been having for the last three years have been she-ite.

Winston Ingram
23-01-2012, 10:15 PM
From Goal.com

23:07 GMT Last bit of transfer news from me tonight, Barnsley are in conversation with Stoke City to sign midfielder Michael Tonge on loan for the rest of the season. A statement reads: "Barnsley football club are in talks with both Stoke City and midfielder Michael Tonge in order to bring him to Oakwell on loan until the end of the season.

brydekirk
23-01-2012, 10:46 PM

What u up to now, hope this is the goods.

SteveHFC
23-01-2012, 11:39 PM
I can't imagine it'll be too warm up there this time of the year. Apparently a dog got on the pitch last week and ran off with the ball.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=184038&page=2#ixzz1kKbxApi4

Prick :aok:

SteveHFC
23-01-2012, 11:40 PM
does anyone know how long they have left on their contracts at cov/ stoke?

Soares contract ends in the summer.

dmc1875
24-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Confirmed by the Scotsman :hnet:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hibs_bring_in_james_mcpake_and_tom_soares_on_loan_ 1_2073598

Craig_in_Prague
24-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Any signings expected today :cb

Jim44
24-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Time will tell if the loan signing of this calibre of player will pay off but it pains me to say it that the phrases 'beggars can't be choosers' and 'any port in a storm' are beginning to fit the bill as far as Hibs are concerned. Fingers crossed, 'cos relegation is an odds on certainty without a few changes in midfield and defence.

Speedway
24-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Keep them coming, Pat.

I just want as many of the players that have been playing for us over the past few months to be as far away from the first team as possible.

Team for Rangers then;

Brown

Francomb
McPake
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Osbourne
Soares
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths (if not suspended)

SUBS

Stack
Hart
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Smith
Galbraith
Caldwell

Practically no-one that I would want to see coming on as a substitute but the first XI is beginning to look a lot better.

Another two players over the next week will do the trick. :aok:

See I'd go very different:

Stack

Hart
O'Hanlon
McPake
Stevenson

Spoon
Ozzy
Soares
Scott

Doyle
O'Connor

Well as long as we get them on per-contract NOW. Not wait until the summer and see the yams or someone else sign them.

The other reason for loan deals is that Hibs are offering SPL standard deals which they may struggle to honour in the first division.

Benny Brazil
24-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Stack

Hart
O'Hanlon
McPake
Stevenson

Spoon
Ozzy
Soares
Scott

Doyle
O'Connor

The other reason for loan deals is that Hibs are offering SPL standard deals which they may struggle to honour in the first division.

I was thinking this morning about Lewis moving back to left back could be a better option than what we currently have - my only change to that team would be Booth at left mid instead of Scott

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Stack

Hart
O'Hanlon
McPake
Stevenson

Spoon
Ozzy
Soares
Scott

Doyle
O'Connor

GOC is suspended.

I reckon we will go with a 5 man in midfield with our only available striker Doyle up front.

Stack

Hart
McPake
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Spoony
Ozzy
Stevenson
Soares
Galbraith

Doyle

Speedway
24-01-2012, 09:21 AM
GOC is suspended.

I reckon we will go with a 5 man in midfield with our only available striker Doyle up front.

Stack

Hart
McPake
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Spoony
Ozzy
Stevenson
Soares
Galbraith

Doyle

That was my side for the rest of the season as opposed to Saturday.

I wonder if any more players will come in this week. It would be a good win for us to get another addition or two but as to who those players might be is anyone's guess, Rod weaves a tangled web...er...and anyone could be on the hit list.

HibeeMG
24-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Stack

Hart
O'Hanlon
McPake
Stevenson

Spoon
Ozzy
Soares
Scott

Doyle
O'Connor

No..... well, just no.

Brown has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped. I also wouldn't bring Stack back given his hesitancy against the Gers at ER.

Hart is an accident waiting to happen. Just because he's not made any clangers in the last couple of games only means he's got a big one around the corner. Again, going back to the ER game against them, Hart's 'performance' was up there with anything Zibby and PC Murdoch ever 'produced'.

Taking Lewis out of midfield, where he's been arguably our best player this season, would be a mistake. We're going to be doing a lot of chasing in this game and if there's one thing he's got it's energy.

O'Connor is suspended so that's a no.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 09:25 AM
If that it as far as signings go then I think we are in a lot of trouble. We needed 3 defenders and have only brought in one. If mcpake picks up an injury then we are back where we started. Let's hope we are still looking at 3/4 players before the window closes.

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2012, 09:27 AM
If that it as far as signings go then I think we are in a lot of trouble. We needed 3 defenders and have only brought in one. If mcpake picks up an injury then we are back where we started. Let's hope we are still looking at 3/4 players before the window closes.

We've brought in 2. Francomb & McPake. Francomb is more of a RB than anything else according to PF.

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 09:30 AM
That was my side for the rest of the season as opposed to Saturday.

I wonder if any more players will come in this week. It would be a good win for us to get another addition or two but as to who those players might be is anyone's guess, Rod weaves a tangled web...er...and anyone could be on the hit list.

Fair enough. I think he will persevere with Griffiths however I think we need a wide midfielder (someone like Tonge) who can go past someone and get a cross in. Also a left back/striker/centre back are needed also IMO.

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 09:32 AM
We've brought in 2. Francomb & McPake. Francomb is more of a RB than anything else according to PF.

So why wasn't he RB on Saturday?.

AlbertK86
24-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Any signings expected today :cb

I really hope so but cannae see it. Maybe Rhys Murphy dependant on yestereday's showing

I seriously think we will get 1 possibly 2 more before end of Jan.

Think he will be waiting to see if Goodwin will sign pre contract and maybe try to get him early.

If we take these two I think that will be us for the window.

In my opinion that aint enough.............Definately need another experienced no nonsense CH alongside McPake. Also 2 reliable full backs but there aint no way we will get all that.

Hopefully going to try Francomb at RB but so far he has had him at RM. If he sticks with him there then I think we will have to settle for Hart/Spoon at RB and Hanlon/Smith at LB with Booth in LM

Happy with what we've got in so far but will re-iterate -

RELEGATION IS STARING US IN THE FACE...... WE NEED AT LEAST 4 MORE QUALITY SIGNINGS TO SURVIVE

over to you ROD & STF... let's see if you really care

Speedway
24-01-2012, 09:33 AM
No..... well, just no.

Brown has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped. I also wouldn't bring Stack back given his hesitancy against the Gers at ER.

Hart is an accident waiting to happen. Just because he's not made any clangers in the last couple of games only means he's got a big one around the corner. Again, going back to the ER game against them, Hart's 'performance' was up there with anything Zibby and PC Murdoch ever 'produced'.

Taking Lewis out of midfield, where he's been arguably our best player this season, would be a mistake. We're going to be doing a lot of chasing in this game and if there's one thing he's got it's energy.

O'Connor is suspended so that's a no.

Again this wasn't saturday's team, it was the best 11 as I see it.

Lewis is muslims in midfield. He offers less than a Santander savings account. He is marginally less crap at LB. I've got lots of energy and would also be ineffective in our midfield at Ibrox. Hart is the only semi leader we've got, he shouts he cajouls, he tries to organise and I think we need as much experience in defence as we have available to us.

Brown is vanilla. He's ok. Stack has the heart of a lion and should play. Let's get every experienced, semi psycho we've got to harrass the Ibrox attacking strike threat talisman marksmen and whilst my chosen back four are skillfully challenged let's at least not watch a couple of 20 year olds fanny about in the centre of defence with an almost audible benny hill theme playing in the background.

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 09:37 AM
By getting Goodwin we are weakening St.mirren massively by taking there club captain and arguably there best player therefore sucking them right into the relegation battle.

2 Birds with 1 stane and all that.

stokesmessiah
24-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Fair enough. I think he will persevere with Griffiths however I think we need a wide midfielder (someone like Tonge) who can go past someone and get a cross in. Also a left back/striker/centre back are needed also IMO.

I read that Soares has been played as a winger.

AlbertK86
24-01-2012, 09:39 AM
GOC is suspended.

Stack

Hart
McPake
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Spoony
Ozzy
Stevenson
Soares
Galbraith

Doyle

Changes from this for me

Galbraith ... no way ... waste of a jersey.... get Booth in LM
Hart .... Rather see Francomb
Stack... Prefer Brown although neither great at coming off their line
O'Hanlon..... No sure but Stephens and Hanlon just as bad in there so hopefully someone new.

Steve20
24-01-2012, 09:43 AM
I really hope so but cannae see it. Maybe Rhys Murphy dependant on yestereday's showing

Think he will be waiting to see if Goodwin will sign pre contract and maybe try to get him early.

In my opinion that aint enough.............Definately need another experienced no nonsense CH alongside McPake. Also 2 reliable full backs but there aint no way we will get all that.

Hopefully going to try Francomb at RB but so far he has had him at RM. If he sticks with him there then I think we will have to settle for Hart/Spoon at RB and Hanlon/Smith at LB with Booth in LM

RELEGATION IS STARING US IN THE FACE...... WE NEED AT LEAST 4 MORE QUALITY SIGNINGS TO SURVIVE

We won't get 4 more signings imo. Another centre half definitely needed though.

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 09:45 AM
So why wasn't he RB on Saturday?.

Personally think he didnt want to play another young player at the back given the rest of the back 4. I thought Hart looked steadier than he has for a while though it may have been different if Croft was against him. I think Francomb is more likely to play right back with McPake in the team.

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Changes from this for me

Galbraith ... no way ... waste of a jersey.... get Booth in LM
Hart .... Rather see Francomb
Stack... Prefer Brown although neither great at coming off their line
O'Hanlon..... No sure but Stephens and Hanlon just as bad in there so hopefully someone new.

I hear what you are saying however it is his more natural position and not convinced Booth can/has the pace to play there. Galbraith had a decent game at Parkhead in a 5 so hence why i would put him there.

Hear about Brown / Stack argument out of the 2 Stack however would prefer someone better than both.

Wouldnt have an issue with Francomb playing there now that McPake is in the team.

AlbertK86
24-01-2012, 09:50 AM
We won't get 4 more signings imo. Another centre half definitely needed though.

Yep I know... as i said above ma bit in bold we will only get 1 maybe 2 Murphy and Goodwin or if not them PF will re-assess. Totally agree another CH would be my priority if we are only getting 1

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 09:51 AM
By getting Goodwin we are weakening St.mirren massively by taking there club captain and arguably there best player therefore sucking them right into the relegation battle.

2 Birds with 1 stane and all that.

Couldnt agree more. Not sure it will happen get the impression the best we will get is hearing he will sign a pre-contract and get him in the summer.

DC_Hibs
24-01-2012, 09:57 AM

Time for a reality check I think. When I see the likes of Stephens, Hanlon, Sproule, Hart etc etc still appearing under fans suggested teams you realise we still need a good few more players but people have to appreciate that 4 new signings so far and extending Griffiths loan is a lot more than other clubs have managed. Yes our need is greater but every one of the last 4 or 5 windows we have signed an average of around 8 players and still we have a pile of cr@p there. A loss of 900k in the last financial year will probably worsen next time round based on recent crowds unless we get income from a good cup run.

There's no point now apportioning blame for our current position either. The board have once again backed the manager - loan players still count here - so hopefully this manager has got us a higher quality of player and can get a lot more out of them.

HibeeMG
24-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Lewis is muslims in midfield. He offers less than a Santander savings account. He is marginally less crap at LB. I've got lots of energy and would also be ineffective in our midfield at Ibrox. Hart is the only semi leader we've got, he shouts he cajouls, he tries to organise and I think we need as much experience in defence as we have available to us.

Brown is vanilla. He's ok. Stack has the heart of a lion and should play. Let's get every experienced, semi psycho we've got to harrass the Ibrox attacking strike threat talisman marksmen and whilst my chosen back four are skillfully challenged let's at least not watch a couple of 20 year olds fanny about in the centre of defence with an almost audible benny hill theme playing in the background.

Ah, okay, I thought you were going for Saturday's team.

For me Brown is a better keeper. The sheer indecision in the defence when they are trying to figure out whether Stack is coming for a ball makes my mind up on it. There's been numerous examples of Stack being like a statue on his line so he can shout and have a heart of a lion all he wants but if he 'causes us to lose goals then he's a 'no' from me.

We used to have a laddie (who's name escapes me, I'm sure someone will be along to remind me) who was the best in the league at pointing and shouting. The fact he was a pile of mince meant it was all for nowt. I don't want someone in defence who knows what everyone else should be doing but ultimately gets ripped a new one himself by any winger with an ounce of pace.

Also, I'd have Garry O'Connor in my team every day of the week IF it's the GO'C from the start of the season. If it's the one from recent weeks then he wouldn't even get on the bench. For me, he was more to blame than the comical defending for the defeat on Saturday. The game would have played out a hell of a lot differently if he had brought his first touch with him.

I agree with the deficiencies that you're pointing out. My problem is how you're suggesting we fix them by moving people about or playing people that shouldn't get in a Sunday league team.

BEEJ
24-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Time for a reality check I think.

There's no point now apportioning blame for our current position either. The board have once again backed the manager - loan players still count here - so hopefully this manager has got us a higher quality of player and can get a lot more out of them.
Four players out so far, with Sodje expected to be a fifth. Four players in so far.

So to date the Board have only spent the budget. Unless you're suggesting that there was a possible scenario under which the Board might have withheld some of the player budget from PF?

The separate spend on early contract termination fees for departing players should be carried elsewhere in the club's budget for this season and deemed an extraordinary expense as a result of yet further transition and turmoil in the coaching and playing staff.

It should not under our current circumstances be deducted from the player salary budget available to PF.

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Ah, okay, I thought you were going for Saturday's team.

For me Brown is a better keeper. The sheer indecision in the defence when they are trying to figure out whether Stack is coming for a ball makes my mind up on it. There's been numerous examples of Stack being like a statue on his line so he can shout and have a heart of a lion all he wants but if he 'causes us to lose goals then he's a 'no' from me.

We used to have a laddie (who's name escapes me, I'm sure someone will be along to remind me) who was the best in the league at pointing and shouting. The fact he was a pile of mince meant it was all for nowt. I don't want someone in defence who knows what everyone else should be doing but ultimately gets ripped a new one himself by any winger with an ounce of pace.

Also, I'd have Garry O'Connor in my team every day of the week IF it's the GO'C from the start of the season. If it's the one from recent weeks then he wouldn't even get on the bench. For me, he was more to blame than the comical defending for the defeat on Saturday. The game would have played out a hell of a lot differently if he had brought his first touch with him.

I agree with the deficiencies that you're pointing out. My problem is how you're suggesting we fix them by moving people about or playing people that shouldn't get in a Sunday league team.

Ross Chisolm.

Hamish
24-01-2012, 10:37 AM
:agree:and who looked not too bad for Dundee against Killie in the Cup at Dens.

brydekirk
24-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Yep I know... as i said above ma bit in bold we will only get 1 maybe 2 Murphy and Goodwin or if not them PF will re-assess. Totally agree another CH would be my priority if we are only getting 1

Im sure I read somewhere Murphy was'nt up to ssscratch and will be heading back down the road.

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Im sure I read somewhere Murphy was'nt up to ssscratch and will be heading back down the road.

I heard exactly the opposite.

Andy74
24-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Four players out so far, with Sodje expected to be a fifth. Four players in so far.

So to date the Board have only spent the budget. Unless you're suggesting that there was a possible scenario under which the Board might have withheld some of the player budget from PF?

The separate spend on early contract termination fees for departing players should be carried elsewhere in the club's budget for this season and deemed an extraordinary expense as a result of yet further transition and turmoil in the coaching and playing staff.

It should not under our current circumstances be deducted from the player salary budget available to PF.

Well, we only have the budget to spend so that's fine. A budget better than most of the teams ahead of us.

Hopefully this manager has spent it better so far.

bighairyfaeleith
24-01-2012, 11:01 AM

That depends if the new players are getting paid the same as those that have left surely?

le bill
24-01-2012, 11:12 AM
I heard exactly the opposite.

I heard somewhere in between! :greengrin

Speedway
24-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I heard somewhere in between! :greengrin

I heard nothing whatsoever.

Newry Hibs
24-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Lewis is muslims in midfield.

Is that a good thing???

greenlex
24-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Is that a good thing???

Depends if he is Sonny or not.

Newry Hibs
24-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Depends if he is Sonny or not.

Thanks for 'Cher'ing that. Though I'm not sure it has 100% cleared up the meaning.

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 11:52 AM
I heard nothing whatsoever.

I heard a whisper.

Speedway
24-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for 'Cher'ing that. Though I'm not sure it has 100% cleared up the meaning.

What Lex is saaying is that if you're not a sunni muslim, what other kind might you be?

Peevemor
24-01-2012, 11:57 AM
What Lex is saaying is that if you're not a sunni muslim, what other kind might you be?

Not as shi'ite as some would have you believe? :dunno:

Newry Hibs
24-01-2012, 11:58 AM

Aha. Excuse me while I pick up the penny that's just dropped.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Couldnt agree more. Not sure it will happen get the impression the best we will get is hearing he will sign a pre-contract and get him in the summer.

That's my understanding too. I suppose if this happens St Mirren might be tempted by the fee just before the close of the window, but the possible twin blows of losing Goodwin and signing AOB would be almost certain to drag them into the relegation battle so they might hold until summer.

BEEJ
24-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Well, we only have the budget to spend so that's fine. A budget better than most of the teams ahead of us.

Hopefully this manager has spent it better so far.
But that is not the same as saying that:

"The Board have once again backed the Manager."

There is no evidence to suggest at this stage that they have done anything other than fulfil their operational responsibility to the Manager in making squad changes. Not to have fulfilled that responsibility in our current circumstances would be deemed negligent.

Only at midnight on 31 January will we be able to make educated guesses as to whether the Board have weighed in with additional backing for PF.

Speedway
24-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Aha. Excuse me while I pick up the penny that's just dropped.

There we are. So for me, Lewis in midfield is muslims of the non sunni persuasion (I hate having to explain the punchlines)

--------
24-01-2012, 12:07 PM
That's my understanding too. I suppose if this happens St Mirren might be tempted by the fee just before the close of the window, but the possible twin blows of losing Goodwin and signing AOB would be almost certain to drag them into the relegation battle so they might hold until summer.

:agree: For the time left on his contract, I doubt our board would offer much more than peanuts to get him now.

And the St Mirren board appear to have grasped the principle that staying in the SPL actually matters. :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
24-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I wonder if it was necesssary for the Club to make severance payments to the Players who left the Club this month?

If so, the expenditure incurred may have had an impact on the available spend for incoming players.

:hmmm:

Newry Hibs
24-01-2012, 12:13 PM
There we are. So for me, Lewis in midfield is muslims of the non sunni persuasion (I hate having to explain the punchlines)

Sounds like you come over all Alan Partridge when you do that! And I know what I mean.

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I wonder if it was necesssary for the Club to make severance payments to the Players who left the Club this month?

If so, the expenditure incurred may have had an impact on the available spend for incoming players.

:hmmm:

They wouldnt have left otherwise.

BEEJ
24-01-2012, 12:23 PM

Undoubtedly, for those that have left to date. Sodje may be different if he can agree a deal with this Belgian team, Westerlo.

That's where one fervently hopes that in exceptional times, our Board takes exceptional steps to do what it can to ensure our SPL survival.

jdships
24-01-2012, 12:26 PM
They wouldnt have left otherwise.

Agree
Know of a lad who left a club not a million miles away from ER last year and was paid three months wages as severence pay.
Don't know if this equates to the " ninety days" redundancy payment in " normal jobs"

dirtydirk
24-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Tonge has signed for Barnsley on loan. Shame would have been a quality signing

HibeeMG
24-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Ross Chisolm.

That's the one. Cheers. :aok:

Craig_in_Prague
24-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Really hope there's another CH being lined up; Doesn't appear so.
If signing 1 injury prone defender, is the answer to all our troubles, then great - but I fear we'll continue to ship goals.

I suppose if we improve the team in other positions, get more support from midfield / defend as a team better, then we might survive.

But it is has never ever felt so real that we are heading to the 1st Division.

Need Motherwell to win tonight!

AlbertK86
24-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Time for a reality check I think. When I see the likes of Stephens, Hanlon, Sproule, Hart etc etc still appearing under fans suggested teams you realise we still need a good few more players but people have to appreciate that 4 new signings so far and extending Griffiths loan is a lot more than other clubs have managed. Yes our need is greater but every one of the last 4 or 5 windows we have signed an average of around 8 players and still we have a pile of cr@p there. A loss of 900k in the last financial year will probably worsen next time round based on recent crowds unless we get income from a good cup run.

DC
I have no need for a reality check. If you read it properly you would see I am aware we will only get one or two more

Point is we do need more moved on and better brought in

declan macmanus
24-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Anyone notice that Soares has gone out on loan twice since joining Stoke and both times the team he was loaned to got relegated. Let's hope it's third time lucky and we stay up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hughio
24-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Anyone notice that Soares has gone out on loan twice since joining Stoke and both times the team he was loaned to got relegated. Let's hope it's third time lucky and we stay up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:stirrer::stirrer::stirrer::stirrer::titanic::tita nic::titanic:

HibsMax
24-01-2012, 01:46 PM

With respect to the last bit, what's that all about? Have the board not supported their managers over the past few years? It's more the quality than the quantity that has been the issue. I firmly believe they care.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Really hope there's another CH being lined up; Doesn't appear so.
If signing 1 injury prone defender, is the answer to all our troubles, then great - but I fear we'll continue to ship goals.

I suppose if we improve the team in other positions, get more support from midfield / defend as a team better, then we might survive.

But it is has never ever felt so real that we are heading to the 1st Division.

Need Motherwell to win tonight!

That is the crux of the matter for me, we need to start collecting points pronto, but we are also looking at other teams doing us a turn and beating Dunfermline......Not ideal!!!!!!!!

dmc1875
24-01-2012, 02:16 PM
That is the crux of the matter for me, we need to start collecting points pronto, but we are also looking at other teams doing us a turn and beating Dunfermline......Not ideal!!!!!!!!

I am bricking myself a bit about tonight....

I hope Dunfermline haven't found a wee second wind or we will be in deep, deep trouble.

Seeing Hibs sitting 12th at the end of tonight would surely bring EVERYONE down to earth and stop this 'we are too good to go down' stuff some people still believe...:worried:

tanfield
24-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Seeing Hibs sitting 12th at the end of tonight would surely bring EVERYONE down to earth and stop this 'we are too good to go down' stuff some people still believe...:worried:

Does anyone actually think we are too good to go down? We've surely proved that we aren't.

Lucius Apuleius
24-01-2012, 02:21 PM

Surely that is the position of every team in the league? Celtc will probably win the league but they will have been helped because der hun have dropped points. Same scenario. :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I am bricking myself a bit about tonight....

I hope Dunfermline haven't found a wee second wind or we will be in deep, deep trouble.

I am the same, but I can't believe anyone who has seen us consistenly lose cheap goals, would think we are too good to go down......Nail biting times ahead

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Surely that is the position of every team in the league? Celtc will probably win the league but they will have been helped because der hun have dropped points. Same scenario. :confused:

Thats as maybe but I am not concerned with other teams........

greenlex
24-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Not fussed what happens tonight. We cannot affect that. WE have to start picking up points. I believe we will pick up more than Dunfermline.
Yes we might not but thats where I am. Yes of course we can go down but I believe we wont.

Steve20
24-01-2012, 02:27 PM

No one surely believes that we are too good to go down.

Motherwell winning tonight is vital as two of our next three league games are against the Old Firm so we won't be picking up many points in the next few weeks ourselves.

Lee
24-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Confirmed that Tonge has just signed for Barnsley....ah well, if it means the wages will be spent on a CH or full-back, I'll no complain too much:cb

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2091134/Michael-Tonge-joins-Barnsley-loan-Stoke.html

dazza
24-01-2012, 02:45 PM
No one surely believes that we are too good to go down.

two of our next three league games are against the Old Firm so we won't be picking up many points in the next few weeks ourselves.

I'll get ripped for this but i believe we will pick up min 4 points against the old firm, and go on a wee run Feb-Mar that will see us overtake ICT, Sheep and St Mirren. :flag: GGTTH

dmc1875
24-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I am the same, but I can't believe anyone who has seen us consistenly lose cheap goals, would think we are too good to go down......Nail biting times ahead

There are still a few who believe we are too good. I think its more heart over head thats controlling them however...

Lee
24-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I'll get ripped for this but i believe we will pick up min 4 points against the old firm, and go on a wee run Feb-Mar that will see us overtake ICT, Sheep and St Mirren. :flag: GGTTH

I hope so - loving your optimism, I'll have one of what you've had to drink please:wink:

HibeeMassive
24-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't get all this talk about relegation .. we're only 9 points off the top 6, with a game in hand :greengrin :wink:

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Not fussed what happens tonight. We cannot affect that. WE have to start picking up points. I believe we will pick up more than Dunfermline.
Yes we might not but thats where I am. Yes of course we can go down but I believe we wont.

That was my view, but now i'm not sure at all? It could go down to the last game of the season if we carry on like this?

I hope our new signings make a big difference, if not we are in deep doo doo.

Steve20
24-01-2012, 03:11 PM

I have no idea where you get that confidence from, but I wish I had some.

Can't see us getting a point against either one of them.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2012, 03:17 PM

I agree completely. I think as we've been concentrating on the Scottish Cup we've perhaps become a tad complacent in the league.

Time to rectify that and start moving up the table.

HH81
24-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Read in local paper William Grogan ex Huddersfield Town is been looked at.

Bostonhibby
24-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I read that Soares has been played as a winger.

Tin hat firmly on.

Working in Bromley Kent today, Palace territory and am with a guy who is a serious Palace fan - view of Soares -

"lots of fans thought he was good, others thought he got a bit lazy. very quick but clueless with it, dipped in and out of games, to be honest I was delighted when he got a surprise England u21 cap as it boosted his value when we needed the cash the most, we haven't missed him. Could do well up there but not sure he will fancy it if defenders are physical"

Just passing on info and I hope Tom does well with us.

Bostonhibby
24-01-2012, 03:27 PM

:agree: I can feel a wee Champions league win coming on, right after we split the OF, and we will never ever lose by 5 goals to anyone. Ultimately we will use all the money this run generates to build a Megasuperhotelstadium, either that or a 5th stand. There might be money left over linking us with a possible light bulb purchase as well.:wink:

lucky
24-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Mcpake has come to Hibs to get games and get himself in the shop window. A lot of players go out on loan to get match fit. As fans we constanly moan about lack of decent players being signed but the only way we will get EPL or championship players is on loan.

Captain Trips
24-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Mcpake has come to Hibs to get games and get himself in the shop window. A lot of players go out on loan to get match fit. As fans we constanly moan about lack of decent players being signed but the only way we will get EPL or championship players is on loan.

Tough as it is Hibs really need to do better than signing folk for the shop window who judging by their carrer should be delighted if we signed them long term.We might only be able to get decent players on loan from EPL but I have doubts how decent they are.

Davy Mac
24-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I don't get all this talk about relegation .. we're only 9 points off the top 6, with a game in hand :greengrin :wink:

Stop it Rod, just stop it please. :greengrin

AlbertK86
24-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Stop it Rod, just stop it please. :greengrin

:not worth
:top marks

:greengrin:thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
24-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Does anyone actually think we are too good to go down? We've surely proved that we aren't.

No way we're too good to down. Regrettably, i think we're proving we're good candidates for the drop ....,

I'll still support the guys every week and cheer them on hopefully to picking up a shedload of points and get out of this.

Glory Glory

random sub
24-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Tough as it is Hibs really need to do better than signing folk for the shop window who judging by their carrer should be delighted if we signed them long term.We might only be able to get decent players on loan from EPL but I have doubts how decent they are.

Agree with that completely. When you see the sort of players we were signing 10 or 20 years ago, and with transfer fees, it makes you realise how the game has changed and how far down the running order we (and many other Scottish clubs) are.

As someone else has mentioned it is radge times when we are delighted at signing on loan a guy who doesn't even get a game with a side who is near the bottom of the championship....but good luck to him, he's a (short term shop window) Hibee now!!:greengrin:pfgwa

Winston Ingram
24-01-2012, 07:16 PM
James Harper has signed for Wycombe

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11719/7452599/Harper-loaned-to-Chairboys

eastmainsmsh
24-01-2012, 11:14 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7452159/Pools-show-Wright-the-door

Very Good player Had a few injurys hindered his progress could be in our range and do a job

BT58
25-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Troublesome achilles injury,,,,,,
Nah

dirtydirk
25-01-2012, 07:01 AM
In papers today saying Chris McGuire is being allowed to go on loan. Wonder if we will go back in for him. I know it's another striker but we could do with it with griffiths being suspended and also the risk of losing o'connor to a club before the window shuts

CallumLaidlaw
25-01-2012, 07:18 AM
In papers today saying Chris McGuire is being allowed to go on loan. Wonder if we will go back in for him. I know it's another striker but we could do with it with griffiths being suspended and also the risk of losing o'connor to a club before the window shuts

His club were allowing him to come to us. It was him that turned down the move apparently.

truehibernian
25-01-2012, 08:27 AM
I see the guy/girl who does the BBC Gossip column online must be a Rangers fan.......James Forrest valued at £10 by Celtic......come on Rod, even you're not that tight to break out a £20 note.....you'll get change (or maybe Paddy McCourt for a fiver too) :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
25-01-2012, 10:20 AM

His scoring rate is pretty awful in terms of club football, something like 20 goals in 150 league games. Was really good for the U21s but not sure about him. Also, if he has turned us down then not much else we can do.

brog
25-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Tin hat firmly on.

Working in Bromley Kent today, Palace territory and am with a guy who is a serious Palace fan - view of Soares -

"lots of fans thought he was good, others thought he got a bit lazy. very quick but clueless with it, dipped in and out of games, to be honest I was delighted when he got a surprise England u21 cap as it boosted his value when we needed the cash the most, we haven't missed him. Could do well up there but not sure he will fancy it if defenders are physical"

Just passing on info and I hope Tom does well with us.

I live in Bromley, as you say big Palace territory. I think your informant's views have probably changed with hindsight. Every Palace game I went to he was the next big thing, both with fans & media & very akin to Zaha now. Personally & unfortunately I subscribed more to the viewpoint bolded above though clueless is a bit strong. His main weakness was his final ball, now where have I heard that before!! Anyway, lets hope he does the biz for us!!

CallumLaidlaw
25-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Kilmarnock have signed Belgian striker Dieter van Tornhou on an 18 month contract with a years option

CallumLaidlaw
25-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Michael Stewart training with killie according to sky

Speedway
25-01-2012, 03:22 PM

What are the SPL rules on each team's allowed quota of Ginger?

Would we have room for him bearing in mind we already have Doyle?

Mikey
25-01-2012, 03:34 PM
What are the SPL rules on each team's allowed quota of Ginger?

Would we have room for him bearing in mind we already have Doyle?

I think if they're Scottish there's no limit, for obvious reasons. They need a permit to play European games in hot countries though. That's why UEFA regionalised the early stages of their competitions :agree:

They were going to places like Malta and coming back looking like a well skelped Michael Stewart.

Non Scots are limited to two per city so we'd need to see if Hearts have any.

J-C
25-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Kilmarnock have signed Belgian striker Dieter van Tornhou on an 18 month contract with a years option

Killie just make that debt bigger and bigger eh

SteveHFC
25-01-2012, 04:08 PM
We have pa saikou kujabi on trial according to SSN.

greenlex
25-01-2012, 04:11 PM
We have pa saikou kujabi on trial according to SSN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycqAEBqVghc :cb

brydekirk
25-01-2012, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=greenlex;3087423]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycqAEBqVghc :cb[/QUOT

Some free kick, a fair distance aswell.

Hibspirational
25-01-2012, 09:23 PM
What happened to the Arsenal striker (Murphy?) that we had on trial?

nonshinyfinish
25-01-2012, 09:27 PM

The .net sages said he was *****e, so he's been punted.

At The Edge
25-01-2012, 09:31 PM
just had a look at his twitter, it seems hes still shacked up in a hotel.........:wink:
Murphy that is

graemegyle
25-01-2012, 09:39 PM

He is still at East Main as Fenlon has not made his mind up yet.

R'Albin
25-01-2012, 09:43 PM
He is still at East Main as Fenlon has not made his mind up yet.

And why would I believe you? You got the amount of caps wrong in your last rumour :rolleyes:

Only joking, good work :wink:

SMAXXA
25-01-2012, 09:50 PM
just had a look at his twitter, it seems hes still shacked up in a hotel.........:wink:
Murphy that is

Whats the hotel, The George, Le Monde or Tiger lilly :greengrin

Edinburgh Green
25-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Murphy that is

He's also been out for dinner with another Arsenal youngster Conor Henderson according to his twitter. Wonder if he's on trial with us as well?? :hmmm:

CallumLaidlaw
25-01-2012, 10:53 PM
He's also been out for dinner with another Arsenal youngster Conor Henderson according to his twitter. Wonder if he's on trial with us as well?? :hmmm:

Was trying to work that out as well, although he seems to just be returning from a long term injury

Mikey_1875
25-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Getting a bit impatient with this Murphy business, would really like to get him signed up if he's good enough or move on too another striker especially in light of the Griffiths incident and o Connor, not a clue if there are other irons in the fire striker wise, but was/am quite hopeful for Murphy.

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2012, 12:11 AM
I live in Bromley, as you say big Palace territory. I think your informant's views have probably changed with hindsight. Every Palace game I went to he was the next big thing, both with fans & media & very akin to Zaha now. Personally & unfortunately I subscribed more to the viewpoint bolded above though clueless is a bit strong. His main weakness was his final ball, now where have I heard that before!! Anyway, lets hope he does the biz for us!!

well impressed with the young guy against cardiff :agree:

sundo1875
26-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Says in the sun that we and Aberdeen are after Gavin Rae

Joe
26-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Record to http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/aberdeen/2012/01/26/kari-arnason-set-to-quit-aberdeen-after-dons-reject-his-5k-a-week-demands-86908-23720536/

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 08:27 AM
I think we will see 1 maybe 2 players unveiled today and Goodwin tomorrow, c'mon Hibs give us something to get excited about :greengrin

Baker9
26-01-2012, 09:23 AM
The manager on HTV on transfer update.

No mention or even hint of imminent signings and Goodwin not referred to. He repeatedly talks of possible signings 'over the next few weeks' - not sure how that would work outside the official window.

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2012, 09:25 AM
#stoke throw out loan enquiry from #celtic for Kenwyne Jones.

Spike Mandela
26-01-2012, 09:43 AM

No mention or even hint of imminent signings and Goodwin not referred to. He repeatedly talks of possible signings 'over the next few weeks' - not sure how that would work outside the official window.

Hibs always pick up one or two pieces of debris that are left without a contract after the window shuts.

Speedway
26-01-2012, 09:44 AM

1 week is quite 'few'.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 10:13 AM
In other thread there is mention of Gavin Rae, that for me would be a useful player who brings some ability and experience with some games under belt. I just think the 2 guys we have brought in are the type of players you bring in when things are going well and you want a look at a few options to perhaps improve things without so much of a risk.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 10:21 AM
In other thread there is mention of Gavin Rae, that for me would be a useful player who brings some ability and experience with some games under belt. I just think the 2 guys we have brought in are the type of players you bring in when things are going well and you want a look at a few options to perhaps improve things.

What Mcpake and Soares?

keep the faith
26-01-2012, 10:24 AM

a far better bet than gavin rae IMO

Andy74
26-01-2012, 10:27 AM

Aye, if we want to continue with somewhat talented but lightweight and mentally weak footballers.

Not what we need just now.

Andy74
26-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Hibs always pick up one or two pieces of debris that are left without a contract after the window shuts.

Like who?

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 10:31 AM
What Mcpake and Soares?

Yes, they are for me players you look at when you are going well and thinking about giving them a go as they have not played a lot of football of late and hoping they can maybe add something at a later date. I whave concerns that I believe are 100% founded when we are in a tight spot and a major part of the solution are 2 players whom have hardly played at all this seaon and fail to hold down a regular place, it does not say to me thank **** we now have these 2 guys in.

Rae has played of late is doing well and has experience, for me if you are looking at a short deal he ticks far more boxes than the other 2 at this juncture.

Andy74
26-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, they are for me players you look at when you are going well and thinking about giving them a go as they have not played a lot of football of late and hoping they can maybe add something at a later date. I whave concerns that I believe are 100% founded when we are in a tight spot and a major part of the solution are 2 players whom have hardly played at all this seaon and fail to hold down a regular place, it does not say to me thank **** we now have these 2 guys in.

Rae has played of late is doing well and has experience, for me if you are looking at short deal he ticks far more boxes than the other 2 at this juncture.

Your concerns would only be 100% founded if they play and from the first couple of games we can see that they are well short of match fitness.

If they come in and play well then what we have is two better players than we had in positions we need it, as well as by all accounts being the type of characters the manager is looking for as well.

In the position we are in I don't think Fenlon would have bothered with them if he felt they couldn't come straight in.

For example the Lithuanian winger that he likes and has played for him before was knocked back just now because it would have taken him too long to get fit enough.

JimBHibees
26-01-2012, 10:38 AM

Rae has played of late is doing well and has experience, for me if you are looking at short deal he ticks far more boxes than the other 2 at this juncture.

Rae hasnt played much football in last few years also is much older than the other two players so not exactly risk free. Personally think mentioning Hibs with Rae is to try and put a little pressure on Goodwin to come to Hibs.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 10:39 AM

I think he is a decent player but this team needs changed right away, Michael I think has not plsyed much of late or much in last year, for me you might be talking 3 or 4 games to get into things and I do not think we have that, the same goes for the 2 new guys I am concerned more so with Soares in terms of matches.

Rae could probably give us 90mins right away so based on that and his battling style would certainly think he would be a good piece of business.

Baker9
26-01-2012, 10:43 AM

Could Brown have some Tynecastle fallout lined up?

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Your concerns would only be 100% founded if they play and from the first couple of games we can see that they are well short of match fitness.

If they come in and play well then what we have is two better players than we had in positions we need it, as well as by all accounts being the type of characters the manager is looking for as well.

In the position we are in I don't think Fenlon would have bothered with them if he felt they couldn't come straight in.

For example the Lithuanian winger that he likes and has played for him before was knocked back just now because it would have taken him too long to get fit enough.

Yes Andy and we all comment on our signings without seeing them play thinking they will do well which has as much founding as thinking won't. We call things how we see them at time and for me I am concerned over these 2 additions. Everyones concerns can only be proved after the fact but Andy you have had an opinion of lots of things on how they may go before they happen this is why we have posts on here.

If they play well great I hope they do.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Rae hasnt played much football in last few years also is much older than the other two players so not exactly risk free. Personally think mentioning Hibs with Rae is to try and put a little pressure on Goodwin to come to Hibs.

Really? if we use stats on Wiki he has played more times in last few yrs than Mcpake and Soares combined and then some. If age is a concern then McPakes injury hit past should be of equal. Still for me Rae ticks just about all the boxes for a loan to a team in relegation battle if it is part of trying to get Goodwin then excellent as either or is required.

Hibs7
26-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Goodwin signed a 2 year extention to his contract at St Mirren.

no great loss ......

Mikey
26-01-2012, 11:30 AM

no great loss ......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16743201.stm

PaulSmith
26-01-2012, 11:31 AM

no great loss ......

So you don't back the managers judgement of players then?

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 11:34 AM

no great loss ......

I would disagree on that, for me when I have seen him play I have saw a good player whom would have helped us in our plight and then added something once we start to rebuild.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I think we will see 1 maybe 2 players unveiled today and Goodwin tomorrow, c'mon Hibs give us something to get excited about :greengrin

What a phanny, im no commenting on what I think about signings anymore, Goodwin would have been decent but hey he choose to stay put so fair play and good luck to him.

Im not bitter.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-01-2012, 11:38 AM

Caused by one of the Bomb Scares we also usually sign? :greengrin

scoopyboy
26-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Like who?

Liam Miller is one I would argue.

Not everyone's cup of tea bit I thought he was a good player for us, especially in his first season.

PaulSmith
26-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Rhys Murhpy has returned home and will not be back at Hibs.

Hibs90
26-01-2012, 11:56 AM
That is depressing. Murphy is a good player.

truehibernian
26-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Rhys Murhpy has returned home and will not be back at Hibs.

I may be wrong but I am sure that his agent was trying to arrange a deal with Partizan Belgrade......can't recall where I saw it (I think someone sent me a link) - those in the know seem to think he showed promise too.

carnoustiehibee
26-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Worrying times ahead if fenlon doesn't bring in another defender.

JimBHibees
26-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Really? if we use stats on Wiki he has played more times in last few yrs than Mcpake and Soares combined and then some. If age is a concern then McPakes injury hit past should be of equal. Still for me Rae ticks just about all the boxes for a loan to a team in relegation battle if it is part of trying to get Goodwin then excellent as either or is required.

Rae played 7 times in 10/11 and is 35 in November. Soares is 25 and hasnt played last season because he cant get into the Stoke first team. He played 25 games on loan the season before for Sheff Wed. McPake is 27 has had injuries but is now apparently fit and has played recently for Coventry in the Championship.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Rae played 7 times in 10/11 and is 35 in November. Soares is 25 and hasnt played last season because he cant get into the Stoke first team. He played 25 games on loan the season before for Sheff Wed. McPake is 27 has had injuries but is now apparently fit and has played recently for Coventry in the Championship.

So you can see why the 2 we signed there is a cause for concern that these are the stats needed to come in to help us with our relegation? Rae has been in a team of late and his age IMO is of no concern.

Speedway
26-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Worrying times ahead if fenlon doesn't bring in another defender.

Fenlon is bringing in another defender.

stokesmessiah
26-01-2012, 12:21 PM

This LB ??

Aldo
26-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Fullback is it Speeders. If it is wonder if we will play with 3 CH's with wingbacks

3-5-2??

Spike Mandela
26-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Like who?

Off the top of my head Canning, Miller, Benjelloun and indeed Vaz Te last year but I am sure there were many others of less note.

Steve20
26-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Fullback is it Speeders. If it is wonder if we will play with 3 CH's with wingbacks

3-5-2??

We'd need to bring in at least another centre half as well then. Stephens and O'Hanlon are not good enough.

BEEJ
26-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Off the top of my head Canning, Miller, Benjelloun and indeed Vaz Te last year but I am sure there were many others of less note.
Zarabi (Feb 2008) and Showumni (Feb 2007, from memory)

Trakys was after the end of the summer window in 2010, as I recall.

Aldo
26-01-2012, 12:31 PM
We'd need to bring in at least another centre half as well then. Stephens and O'Hanlon are not good enough.

Steve

Maybe he'll play OHanlon McPake and one if Hanlon and Stephens??

We are running out if time but fingers crossed!!

Steve20
26-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Steve

Maybe he'll play OHanlon McPake and one if Hanlon and Stephens??

We are running out if time but fingers crossed!!

He might do that, but I have no confidence that playing the likes of O'Hanlon and Stephens will keep us up.

Aldo
26-01-2012, 12:35 PM
He might do that, but I have no confidence that playing the likes of O'Hanlon and Stephens will keep us up.

I know was just thinking out allowed. God only knows what's going to happen. I will say this however if we don't get a few in by Tues then this place will go into meltdown.

A few on here will have to be sedated and kept away from everything sharp. ;-)

JimBHibees
26-01-2012, 12:37 PM
So you can see why the 2 we signed there is a cause for concern that these are the stats needed to come in to help us with our relegation? Rae has been in a team of late and his age IMO is of no concern.

I think Rae's age is a concern he is playing in centre midfield and will be more prone to injury IMO. McPake is exactly what we need and has played recently at a higher level and knows the SPL. Soares is young and has something to prove and appears to have decent talent. Dont buy how the 2 guys in are any more of a risk than anyone else especially 34 year old midfielders. Every signing is a risk to some degree or other lets see how these guys go before shooting them down.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I think Rae's age is a concern he is playing in centre midfield and will be more prone to injury IMO. McPake is exactly what we need and has played recently at a higher level and knows the SPL. Soares is young and has something to prove and appears to have decent talent. Dont buy how the 2 guys in are any more of a risk than anyone else especially 34 year old midfielders. Every signing is a risk to some degree or other lets see how these guys go before shooting them down.

Well we can disagree I think McPake and Soares are a massive gamble and are everything we dont need and Rae is everything we do. You also then have to see them play to have think they are what we need also then surely? Why do I need to see them play to think not what is required but if it is thinking they will be ok you dont have to see them play?

Steve20
26-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I know was just thinking out allowed. God only knows what's going to happen. I will say this however if we don't get a few in by Tues then this place will go into meltdown.

A few on here will have to be sedated and kept away from everything sharp. ;-)

:agree:

Fingers crossed we bring in another 2 or 3 players or we will be in trouble.

However, only if they are the right players. No point in Fenlon just scraping the barrel looking for players, just for the sake of bringing them in. I hope he has a list of players he feels are good enough and will be working on them until Tuesday.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Well we can disagree I think McPake and Soares are a massive gamble and are everything we dont need and Rae is everything we do. You also then have to see them play to have think they are what we need also then surely? Why do I need to see them play to think not what is required but if it is thinking they will be ok you dont have to see them play?

Aye ok, a 34 year old from Dundee who is in the twilight of his career is exactly what we need over 28 & 25 year old Premiership and Championship players. Even playing for Stoke reserves and a crap Championship team will be much tougher ask than going to Morton and Partick Thistle IMO which would suggest these 2 may be better options no?

My mate who is a sheff wed fan says they could do with Soares now, hes an attacking midfielder, best played behind a striker or behind the 2 up front with a holding midfielder behind him. He says we should be playing him on the wing as hes better in the middle.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Aye ok, a 34 year old from Dundee who is in the twilight of his career is exactly what we need over 28 & 25 year old Premiership and Championship players. Even playing for Stoke reserves and a crap Championship team will be much tougher ask than going to Morton and Partick Thistle IMO which would suggest these 2 may be better options no?

My mate who is a sheff wed fan says they could do with Soares now, hes an attacking midfielder, best played behind a striker or behind the 2 up front with a holding midfielder behind him. He says we should be playing him on the wing as hes better in the middle.

Big deal they are 25 and 28 has fa to do with it, what premiership players? Soares last played an EPL what since 2008? We can just disagree I would have Rae well before these 2 and Goodwin before them also. Mcpake has barely even played for that crap team.

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 01:03 PM
:agree:

Fingers crossed we bring in another 2 or 3 players or we will be in trouble.

However, only if they are the right players. No point in Fenlon just scraping the barrel looking for players, just for the sake of bringing them in. I hope he has a list of players he feels are good enough and will be working on them until Tuesday.

I'd love to know how Pat Fenlon is feeling about all this right now, having to deal with the amateurs 'upstairs' at Hibs. Probably thinking he never had these issues in the LOI.

I'm sure he does have a list, just SL or is it RP are getting closer to the bottom of it now I'd guess.

Andy74
26-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Big deal they are 25 and 28 has fa to do with it, what premiership players? Soares last played an EPL what since 2008? We can just disagree I would have Rae well before these 2 and Goodwin before them also. Mcpake has barely even played for that crap team.

2006–2011 Aston Villa 19 (0)
2009 → Nottingham Forest (loan) 8 (0)
2009–2010 → Middlesbrough (loan) 9 (0)
2011 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan)

These were Osbourne's stats before joining us. Any better than Soars? Has Osbourne got any under 21 caps?

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 01:06 PM

Completely agree; underwhelmed with all of them, simply on the basis that once again we're playing 'lucky dip' and will be, once again, looking for more players in June.

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 01:07 PM

These were Osbourne's stats before joining us. Any better than Soars? Has Osbourne got any under 21 caps?

Osbourne?? Completely and utterly anonymous on Saturday - never got in to the game. So we're expecting Soares to be better than Ozzy, which ain't setting the bar too high.

Andy74
26-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I'd love to know how Pat Fenlon is feeling about all this right now, having to deal with the amateurs 'upstairs' at Hibs. Probably thinking he never had these issues in the LOI.

I'm sure he does have a list, just SL or is it RP are getting closer to the bottom of it now I'd guess.

Presumably enjoying the fact he's been able to secure 3 EPL players this window and a proven centre half at this level as well as one of the top scorers in the LoI? And still has room to bring in a couple more. Hopefully looking forward to rebuilding in the summer with simular backing.

Probably beats his 250k per annum total budget he had last year.

Seriously, why make up issues with Fenlon now?

Andy74
26-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Osbourne?? Completely and utterly anonymous on Saturday - never got in to the game. So we're expecting Soares to be better than Ozzy, which ain't setting the bar too high.

Having been out for 5 weeks or so and playing almost the full game a week earlier having trained for 2 days.

You could have pointed out he was possibly man of the match against Dunfermline and our one player of any sort of class in the team currently.

Aldo
26-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Completely agree; underwhelmed with all of them, simply on the basis that once again we're playing 'lucky dip' and will be, once again, looking for more players in June.

Aye but crops there is a 50/50 chance we could be in Div 1 next season and there will be a totally different budget for that. Even harder to get players in then IMHO.

I hope RP realises he needs to get things right in the next week in respect of transfers etc or we are in even bigger doo.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 01:12 PM

Dont understand why your so quick to display your displeasure about 2 signings who I bet you have never seen play. Some people are just never happy, you would rather bum up some other player who probably wont even end up coming to Hibs rather than 2 players who have committed to Hibs to try get us out this situation, where I bet it would have been alot less hasstle for them to stay put where they were or go to another team in a more favourable position than ours.

I do disagree with your comments yes.

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Having been out for 5 weeks or so and playing almost the full game a week earlier having trained for 2 days.

You could have pointed out he was possibly man of the match against Dunfermline and our one player of any sort of class in the team currently.

You are absolutely right he is "our one player of any sort of class in the team currently"... who looks good against the rank rotten Pars, unable to even feature vs the Saintees.

And that tell's you ALL you need to know about the way our 'club' (using the term loosely) goes about player acquisition....

JimBHibees
26-01-2012, 01:14 PM

McPake played a couple of weeks ago in a 1-0 defeat v Derby. He as a commanding centre half and exactly what we need. Soares is obviously a talented guy who needs to play after struggling to get into a very good Stoke team. Where is the gamble beyond any other signings and what parallel universe says Gavin Rae 35 in November having played 7 games last season isnt a risk

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 01:16 PM

Right and if I had checked that I would have had concerns and been wrong so big deal, doesnt mean everytime we bring in players with these types of records I will not say I am concerned depending on our situation.

Soares is a doing well signing not a relegation one, and will be delighted if wrong. I am not excited about him joining and please stop this EPL rubbish, Nade played in EPL so whats the big deal.

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Presumably enjoying the fact he's been able to secure 3 EPL players this window and a proven centre half at this level as well as one of the top scorers in the LoI? And still has room to bring in a couple more. Hopefully looking forward to rebuilding in the summer with simular backing.

Probably beats his 250k per annum total budget he had last year.

Seriously, why make up issues with Fenlon now?

I'm not making up any issues with Fenlon:confused:

Looking forward to rebuilding in the summer... :faf:

Andy74
26-01-2012, 01:21 PM
You are absolutely right he is "our one player of any sort of class in the team currently"... who looks good against the rank rotten Pars, unable to even feature vs the Saintees.

And that tell's you ALL you need to know about the way our 'club' (using the term loosely) goes about player acquisition....

So we should be signing better than Osbourne now then eh? :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Dont understand why your so quick to display your displeasure about 2 signings who I bet you have never seen play. Some people are just never happy, you would rather bum up some other player who probably wont even end up coming to Hibs rather than 2 players who have committed to Hibs to try get us out this situation, where I bet it would have been alot less hasstle for them to stay put where they were or go to another team in a more favourable position than ours.

I do disagree with your comments yes.

My point is why is it ok so be so quick to think ok if havent seen? as its not deemed negative thats ok? Just about everyone on here is judging then on paper we may have some Stoke fans whom have seen but by and large we are looking at stats. I happen to not be impressed as we are in a relegation battle and at this time would prefer Rae. In better times I would prefer seeing these 2 come off bench or start odd game in hope good and we can offer deal and I would take over Rae in those circumstances. I would rather bring in these 2 to a team doing well to see what they offer and I would do that in front of Rae.

Hopefully PF has them in and it works.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 01:25 PM

So who wouldnt be an underwhelming (Realistic) signing then?

Osborne was poor on Saturday yes, he also got an assist with Booths goal and you choose to forget he was outsatanding against Dufermline. So are your saying hes not good enough aswell? Some people are just never happy IMO, find something to moan about players they have never or hardly seen. I am happy to go with PF's choice of player and think they are or will be good signings.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 01:29 PM
My point is why is it ok so be so quick to think ok if havent seen? as its not deemed negative thats ok? Just about everyone on here is judging then on paper we may have some Stoke fans whom have seen but by and large we are looking at stats. I happen to not be impressed as we are in a relegation battle and at this time would prefer Rae. In better times I would prefer seeing these 2 come off bench or start odd game in hope good and we can offer deal and I would take over Rae in those circumstances. I would rather bring in these 2 to a team doing well to see what they offer and I would do that in front of Rae.

When do you ever sign a CH playing in a better league to bring him of the bench the odd game regardless of the teams league position? :confused:. What other CH would you have liked us to sign that you would be happier seeing with us being in a relegation battle?

Andy74
26-01-2012, 01:29 PM

Althugh you are making a negative judgment and being critical whilst others, me included are saying wait and see.

We don't know if they will be good or not but you have been using their signings as a criticism for the past few days.

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Hibs NOT pursuing Rhys murphy any further

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 01:31 PM
So who wouldnt be an underwhelming (Realistic) signing then?

Osborne was poor on Saturday yes, he also got an assist with Booths goal and you choose to forget he was outsatanding against Dufermline. So are your saying hes not good enough aswell? Some people are just never happy IMO, find something to moan about players they have never or hardly seen. I am happy to go with PF's choice of player and think they are or will be good signings.

'Outstanding'? Only on here was he 'outstanding'. He's average, but looks good due to the dross around him most of the time. Soares hasn't got to do much has he do be 'amazing' on this basis.

We have a team with zero quality. This isn't an accident. We've now signed players on loan, so even if they are quality they'll be away in May and we're back to playing lucky dip.

It's OK though, we've got the 4th biggest budget in the SPL.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 01:31 PM
When do you ever sign a CH playing in a better league to bring him of the bench the odd game regardless of the teams league position? :confused:. What other CH would you have liked us to sign that you would be happier seeing with us being in a relegation battle?

Puyol

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Good news.

Lets us move on to other targets:aok:

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 01:37 PM
'Outstanding'? Only on here was he 'outstanding'. He's average, but looks good due to the dross around him most of the time. Soares hasn't got to do much has he do be 'amazing' on this basis.

We have a team with zero quality. This isn't an accident. We've now signed players on loan, so even if they are quality they'll be away in May and we're back to playing lucky dip.

Well as average as you think he is I think this will be the level of player we should expect at Hibs and for me I think he is better than average I think he is a good player.

So what if we have signed loan players till May as long as we are in the SPL I couldnt care.

As far as I see it you arnt happy with the players signed and your also not happy with the fact they are loans, unbelievable. :confused:.

Who would you like us to sign then you never said?

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Althugh you are making a negative judgment and being critical whilst others, me included are saying wait and see.

We don't know if they will be good or not but you have been using their signings as a criticism for the past few days.

Yes Andy but some think are good but are you saying wait and see? My points are as valid as positive views they have their reasons and I have mine. I am concerned about these players yes.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 01:43 PM

What has his league to do with it? If we were in a better position I would understand us bringing in the likes of McPake to see what they offer. It appears he has come in to do a job right away and I do not know if he can, time will tell I guess, The basic premise is these 2 guys are playing well signings not we are in a relegation battle type signings.

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Well as average as you think he is I think this will be the level of player we should expect at Hibs and for me I think he is better than average I think he is a good player.

So what if we have signed loan players till May as long as we are in the SPL I couldnt care.

As far as I see it you arnt happy with the players signed and your also not happy with the fact they are loans, unbelievable. :confused:.

Who would you like us to sign then you never said?

sorry but i don't care what you think about Osbourne - i think he's average for this League. I'd much rather have Ian Black for example.

In May those loan players will disappear, whichever League we're in. Putting us right back in the same situation, hoping and waiting we can sign some decent players, just as we have in every recent window.

I will wait and see how good these players are, so for now, no, not happy. Glad you are though.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 02:01 PM
What has his league to do with it? If we were in a better position I would understand us bringing in the likes of McPake to see what they offer. It appears he has come in to do a job right away and I do not know if he can, time will tell I guess, The basic premise is these 2 guys are playing well signings not we are in a relegation battle type signings.

To see what they have to offer? Surley PF knows what they have to offer hence him chasing them for weeks on end, and I will trust his informed view over yours.

I still dont get or a gree with your playing well signings but we are not going to agree on this, your entitled to your opinon as I am mine.

Captain Trips
26-01-2012, 02:06 PM
To see what they have to offer? Surley PF knows what they have to offer hence him chasing them for weeks on end, and I will trust his informed view over yours.

I still dont get or a gree with your playing well signings but we are not going to agree on this, your entitled to your opinon as I am mine.

Happy with that.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 02:07 PM
sorry but i don't care what you think about Osbourne - i think he's average for this League. I'd much rather have Ian Black for example.

In May those loan players will disappear, whichever League we're in. Putting us right back in the same situation, hoping and waiting we can sign some decent players, just as we have in every recent window.

I will wait and see how good these players are, so for now, no, not happy. Glad you are though.

I dont care that you dont care what I think I am expressing my opinion on the matter wether you care or not. I dont think he is average, and IB isnt a realistic signing, and your yet to state who you think would be that you would be happy with, im intrested to know?

Yes im happy, no reason not to be IMO. Easier to be negative and critizise though eh.

Andy74
26-01-2012, 02:09 PM

Seems to have failed to impress at a few places now so seems a good sign that we are hoping for better.

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I dont care that you dont care what I think I am expressing my opinion on the matter wether you care or not. I dont think he is average, and IB isnt a realistic signing, and your yet to state who you think would be that you would be happy with, im intrested to know?

Yes im happy, no reason not to be IMO. Easier to be negative and critizise though eh.

Calm down dear, it's a message board - we should be able to agree to disagree.:greengrin

I don't think IB is an unrealistic target. We missed out on him when he was at ICT. Why not make an offer at 9pm 31.1 as the Fire Sale ramps up.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Calm down dear, it's a message board - we should be able to agree to disagree.:greengrin

I don't think IB is an unrealistic target. We missed out on him when he was at ICT. Why not make an offer at 9pm 31.1 as the Fire Sale ramps up.

Im very clam my friend and your right we can disagree and I respect your view, just diny like it :greengrin

The reason it is unrealistic is he is at Hearts and he is also someone I know very well and he wont be coming to us. I diny want him anyway, much prefer hating him when he plays for them :agree:

PatHead
26-01-2012, 02:53 PM
First things first, would have liked Jim Goodwin but he isn't coming so move on.

Before the transfer window every supporter said we desperately need at least.

1 or 2 centre halves

A right back

A commanding midfielder with a bit of dig.

Anyone else who was up for a fight to get us out of this mess and take us onto the next level, so medium term contracts.

We have so far recruited, a 20 year old centre forward with LOI experience and potential, re-signed a forward who is suspended for the next month, obtained on loan a 20 year old right back with next to no 1st team experience, an experienced centre back and winger from England who haven't been playing much for the last 6 months and achieved much in the last 18 months.

I hope to be proved wrong but this isn't the transfer window I was hoping for and I would defy anyone to say they are delighted at the window so far.

Finally, there is something wrong with our signing policy if we struggle to attract players when we have the best infrastructure outwith the old firm in the league. It needs to be reviewed urgently if smaller SPL clubs can attract players over us.

PeterboroHibee
26-01-2012, 03:22 PM
a 20 year old centre forward with LOI experience and potential

Doyle is nearly 24 :confused:?

ancient hibee
26-01-2012, 03:32 PM

Surely you don't expect lack of knowledge to affect criticism?:greengrin

greenlex
26-01-2012, 03:35 PM
First things first, would have liked Jim Goodwin but he isn't coming so move on.

1 or 2 centre halves

A right back

Anyone else who was up for a fight to get us out of this mess and take us onto the next level, so medium term contracts.

We have so far recruited, a 20 year old centre forward with LOI experience and potential, re-signed a forward who is suspended for the next month, obtained on loan a 20 year old right back with next to no 1st team experience, an experienced centre back and winger from England who haven't been playing much for the last 6 months and achieved much in the last 18 months.

I hope to be proved wrong but this isn't the transfer window I was hoping for and I would defy anyone to say they are delighted at the window so far.

Finally, there is something wrong with our signing policy if we struggle to attract players when we have the best infrastructure outwith the old firm in the league. It needs to be reviewed urgently if smaller SPL clubs can attract players over us.
Just to undo a bit of your concern here. When we resigned Griffiths he wasn't suspended at the time. He did that subsequently. Thanks.
No argument with the rest of your post but happy to let Fenlon get on with what he is doing.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Surely you don't expect lack of knowledge to affect criticism?:greengrin

:faf:

Andy74
26-01-2012, 04:26 PM

1 or 2 centre halves

A right back

Or you could say that we've signed the centre half that we needed, also signed a talented right back and a 6'2" midfielder with a bit of dig who is also pacy and creative and was capped for England Under 21s.

On top of that we've extended the loan of an EPL striker who has now scored 8 goals recently for us and signed another 23 year old striker who was one of the top scorers in his league last year and scored on his debut.

And we've still been promised another player or two.

We've also got rid of a few players who it was felt were detracting from the team spirit.

It's all in the way you tell it I suppose.

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Im very clam my friend and your right we can disagree and I respect your view, just diny like it :greengrin

The reason it is unrealistic is he is at Hearts and he is also someone I know very well and he wont be coming to us. I diny want him anyway, much prefer hating him when he plays for them :agree:

:aok:

stubru59
26-01-2012, 04:37 PM

1 or 2 centre halves

A
right back

Is there any SPL team supporters delighted with their team's player acquisition(s) so far?

mcfly
26-01-2012, 04:40 PM

Do you ever submit anything remotely positive about hibs? We won't get out this mess moaning at each other. Why don't we use this energy to get behind the team!

Cropley10
26-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Do you ever submit anything remotely positive about hibs? We won't get out this mess moaning at each other. Why don't we use this energy to get behind the team!

I always get behind the team at ER or anywhere else, doesnt mean I can't make comments on here.

Ozyhibby
26-01-2012, 08:50 PM
So far this has been a very depressing transfer window for Hibs. With only 5days to go I'm not hopeful it will improve.

PeterboroHibee
26-01-2012, 09:00 PM
So far this has been a very depressing transfer window for Hibs. With only 5days to go I'm not hopeful it will improve.

It has been a bit rubbish. Fair enough Fenlon has said hes had trouble attracting players to the club, but just feel that if we had maybe gone for it a bit more in terms of what we were offering players it might have happened. We are still horribly short in key areas...

I also hope we arent just going to see a lot of rubbish brought in as a panic at the last minute like usual.

PatHead
26-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Is there any SPL team supporters delighted with their team's player acquisition(s) so far?

St Mirren with new signing Imrie and St Johnstone with their signings

PatHead
26-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Or you could say that we've signed the centre half that we needed, also signed a talented right back and a 6'2" midfielder with a bit of dig who is also pacy and creative and was capped for England Under 21s. Have you seen the new players yet before saying they are our saviours?

On top of that we've extended the loan of an EPL striker who has now scored 8 goals recently for us and signed another 23 year old striker who was one of the top scorers in his league last year and scored on his debut. Has Griffiths has ever played in the EPL? (Serious question by the way) and he is unavailable for next 4 weeks.

And we've still been promised another player or two. Promises will only come to fruition if we can close the deal.
We've also got rid of a few players who it was felt were detracting from the team spirit.

It's all in the way you tell it I suppose. The facts as they are

All in all still a poor transfer window to date or can you tell me otherwise.

PatHead
26-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Sorry, means he has taken longer to mature than I thought

PeterboroHibee
26-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Sorry, means he has taken longer to mature than I thought

Mature to what? Hes still a fairly young guy with his best years ahead of him, and thats after 2 pretty successful years where he won 3 cups and was his clubs top scorer last season. Dont think hes a quick fix as he might need time to settle in, but he could be a very good signing for us.

Your dismissal of our other signings is ridiculous as well, 2 of them are just in the door and havent had a chance yet. I dont think we are there yet, still a couple players short, but given the situation we are in, Im fairly happy with who has come in so far. Its the players we are still missing that worries me.

PatHead
26-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Mature to what? Hes still a fairly young guy with his best years ahead of him, and thats after 2 pretty successful years where he won 3 cups and was his clubs top scorer last season. Dont think hes a quick fix as he might need time to settle in, but he could be a very good signing for us.

Your dismissal of our other signings is ridiculous as well, 2 of them are just in the door and havent had a chance yet. I haven't dismissed the players. Read my original post. The point I am making is that this is not what I was hoping for in this window/ I dont think we are there yet, still a couple players short, but given the situation we are in, Im fairly happy with who has come in so far. In the recent past all these players are recently unproven. We could have another vas Te on our hands where other clubs get the benefit whilst we are in the 1st division. Its the players we are still missing that worries me Agreed..

Spike Mandela
26-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Guy on Scotsman forum saying Chris Macguire on loan announced tomorrow and Championship midfielder on Monday.:dunno:

SteveHFC
26-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Guy on Scotsman forum saying Chris Macguire on loan announced tomorrow and Championship midfielder on Monday.:dunno:

We were linked with Paul Keegan according to someone on the bounce a few weeks ago. :dunno:

jdships
27-01-2012, 08:07 AM

Agree with your comments which cover more than one poster :rolleyes:.
I console myself with the fact that they are expressing purely their opinions ( which they are entitled to do) and thankfully have no influence in how PF , the board etal run the club .

:greengrin:wink::flag:

bingo70
27-01-2012, 08:18 AM
We were linked with Paul Keegan according to someone on the bounce a few weeks ago. :dunno:

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/keegans-keen-to-fight-for-doncaster-2997581.html?

Working his way back from fitness and out of contract in the summer so you might be right as it sounds like they've brought in a few players since he got injured.

PaulSmith
27-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Agree with your comments which cover more than one poster :rolleyes:.
I console myself with the fact that they are expressing purely their opinions ( which they are entitled to do) and thankfully have no influence in how PF , the board etal run the club .

:greengrin:wink::flag:

And you believe that they are actually doing a good job at present? Edit - Not PF but the Board.

Captain Trips
27-01-2012, 08:25 AM
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/keegans-keen-to-fight-for-doncaster-2997581.html?

Working his way back from fitness and out of contract in the summer so you might be right as it sounds like they've brought in a few players since he got injured.

As long as it is in summer, I wouldnt really be keen on another player whom has played hardly any games this season coming in as a cure to our relegation, however Hibs appear to be becoming the Betty Ford for folk not playing.

Andy74
27-01-2012, 08:37 AM
As long as it is in summer, I wouldnt really be keen on another player whom has played hardly any games this season coming in as a cure to our relegation, however Hibs appear to be becoming the Betty Ford for folk not playing.

Well, hunker down because Fenlon has said again yesterday that he is looking at a couple of more loans to get us through to the end of the season and start the proper rebuild then once we are safe.

He's also said that Soares and McPake are fit and ready to go and sent Murphy away because he said we didn't have the time to get people fit, so he's not really trying to fill the team with people that don't ever play.

I think its fair to say that players that don't play for EPL or Championship teams are still better than the ones we have that play every week.

Captain Trips
27-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Well, hunker down because Fenlon has said again yesterday that he is looking at a couple of more loans to get us through to the end of the season and start the proper rebuild then once we are safe.

He's also said that Soares and McPake are fit and ready to go and sent Murphy away because he said we didn't have the time to get people fit, so he's not really trying to fill the team with people that don't ever play.

I think its fair to say that players that don't play for EPL or Championship teams are still better than the ones we have that play every week.

How is it? you just see EPL next to a player and that he is automatically better than what we have.

Where did we get Alan Obrien? What about the fantastic Nade? he played in EPL.

A player is a player whom they come from is irrelevant, we have signed guff from bigger clubs and some good from smaller ones, I give no credence that Soares once played in EPL and that McPake comes from a better league.

I am not saying he is filling team with folk that never play but the 2 players have so far this season played 3 first team games with 3 sub appearances between them, but of course I should show not one piece of concern over that not one as they come from a better league so not getting a game is fine as they must be better by default due to whom they play for.

Cabbage East
27-01-2012, 09:04 AM
The type of signing the fans are looking for does not fit within the wage structure at the club so people are bound to be disappointed unless we break that structure to get the type of quality we want/need. That in itself causes its own problems as its not sustainable long-term, and the board is committed to our long-term security.

Basically, we have to hope we unearth a hidden gem, which doesn't happen often.

I'm concerned.

Andy74
27-01-2012, 09:08 AM
How is it? you just see EPL next to a player and that he is automatically better than what we have.

Where did we get Alan Obrien? What about the fantastic Nade? he played in EPL.

A player is a player whom they come from is irrelevant, we have signed guff from bigger clubs and some good from smaller ones, I give no credence that Soares once played in EPL and that McPake comes from a better league.

I am not saying he is filling team with folk that never play but the 2 players have so far this season played 3 first team games with 3 sub appearances between them, but of course I should show not one piece of concern over that not one as they come from a better league so not getting a game is fine as they must be better be default due to whom they play for.

Aye, just about, there are some exceptions of course of players that get to play in the EPL and they are useless, however, with our current squad and the way they have proven time and again that they can't perform, it's quite fair to expect players from EPL squads, even Championship squads, to be better than what we have.

I also presume we haven't just picked random names out a hat and ther manager has seen things in those players that he needs just now.

Captain Trips
27-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Aye, just about, there are some exceptions of course of players that get to play in the EPL and they are useless, however, with our current squad and the way they have proven time and again that they can't perform, it's quite fair to expect players from EPL squads, even Championship squads, to be better than what we have.

I also presume we haven't just picked random names out a hat and ther manager has seen things in those players that he needs just now.

It will be fair to expect ones whom play a lot Andy however they havent played much at all, of course he has not picked them out hat I am sure he knows them but I can still think hold on relegation battle and we bring in folk whom basically do not get games for their clubs, there is at least a point in what I am saying.

These guys might turn out to be great and they need to but we discuss stuff on here real time and until I see they are ok then I will say I have concerns.

I do not get this need to mention their league, as stated guff has been signed direct from EPL not just by us so it is totally irrelevant.

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Stephen Hughes signed 2.5 yr deal at the Dons.

SMAXXA
27-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Stephen Hughes signed 2.5 yr deal at the Dons.

Really surprised at the length of his contract, I thought he would get an end of season job or year - year and a half.

PeterboroHibee
27-01-2012, 11:55 AM

If its as definite as that, why wouldnt we just announce Maguire today, given that we have a game tomorrow (and presumably he would need clearance?)?

I also realise hes struggling to get players in but thats potentially 6 players on loan who could be key players for us, and we will lose them all at the end of the season and be back to square one... Bit annoying.

jonty
27-01-2012, 12:01 PM
If its as definite as that, why wouldnt we just announce Maguire today, given that we have a game tomorrow (and presumably he would need clearance?)?

I also realise hes struggling to get players in but thats potentially 6 players on loan who could be key players for us, and we will lose them all at the end of the season and be back to square one... Bit annoying.

Maybe he's uncomfortable with the players he's got/getting and is just looking to survive this season.
Given the rumours about certain loan players acting the big shot, maybe he wants to get rid as soon as they've done a job.

Maybe we can't afford the instant quality of player we need?
Maybe he's teaching the board a lesson in loosening the purse strings and showing the results possible (more expensive players, better results)?
Maybe he's proving he has an eye for a player?

maybe maybe maybe... who knows :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
27-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Might be a bit annoying but if these guys can keep us up instead of going down that "bit annoying" saves being "Hugely Annoying" if we get relegated by not signing these guys on loan and persevering with the ***** we currently have..

stokesmessiah
27-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Might be a bit annoying but if these guys can keep us up instead of going down that "bit annoying" saves being "Hugely Annoying" if we get relegated by not signing these guys on loan and persevering with the ***** we currently have..

:aok:

stubru59
27-01-2012, 12:20 PM
I couldn't care less if the whole team are loans, as long as it gets us out the relegation mire. I'm only miffed that nobody wants to take our duds on loan.:greengrin

brog
27-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Does laying on the 2nd goal not count then? Personally I thought Oz was our best player behind LG on Saturday but it's all about opinions.

Captain Trips
29-01-2012, 11:06 AM
So both guys have played in a match that I certainly would have thought anything would have been a bonus so I didnt put this down for pts, so difficult to judge but does anyone think that these 2 players are the ones to prevent our slipping out SPL?

greenlex
29-01-2012, 11:12 AM
So both guys have played in a match that I certainly would have thought anything would have been a bonus so I didnt put this down for pts, so difficult to judge but does anyone think that these 2 players are the ones to prevent our slipping out SPL?
Its a bit difficult to judge and daft to even ask the question based on yesterdays game.

Captain Trips
29-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Aye it is daft afer a match but ok to say will be good signings before a match? Just a question is all mate

SMAXXA
29-01-2012, 11:18 AM

You know what, when I seen you were last to post on this thread, I knew that it would be along the lines of exactly your above post. There are plenty other threads commenting on how these guys did yesterday. I suspect "I told you so" is really what your wanting to see proved, you wont admit if of course but I have seen enough of your previous posts to think thats exactly what your doing.

Also I dont think anyone at any point ever stated these 2 players alone are to prevent is getting relegated.

jdships
29-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Its a bit difficult to judge and daft to even ask the question based on yesterdays game.

Absolutely :agree:
Almost like saying " guilty without a trial " :rolleyes:

hibs0666
29-01-2012, 01:13 PM

Teams win and lose games not individuals. Time will tell whether the five signings we have made, plus two more this week, will be enough to create a winning team.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-01-2012, 01:48 PM

Does anyone know anything about this?

Sounds like it would be promising

And another centre back

Desperate times and hope is all we have. Time for the board to give PF some real backing. I think he can do the job.

Spike Mandela
29-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know anything about this?

Sounds like it would be promising

And another centre back

Desperate times and hope is all we have. Time for the board to give PF some real backing. I think he can do the job.

Well he was wrong about Macguire so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Captain Trips
29-01-2012, 02:35 PM
You know what, when I seen you were last to post on this thread, I knew that it would be along the lines of exactly your above post. There are plenty other threads commenting on how these guys did yesterday. I suspect "I told you so" is really what your wanting to see proved, you wont admit if of course but I have seen enough of your previous posts to think thats exactly what your doing.

Also I dont think anyone at any point ever stated these 2 players alone are to prevent is getting relegated.

Please do not tell me what I meant when I wrote it, it is a genuine point in a thread about 2 players simple as that asking a genuine question. If you know my posts I am direct in my views not meaning one thing but saying another. So settle.

These players are here to help stop us being relegated hence the fact they are here for rest of season they are not here to sing a chorus of "happy days are here again" or anything else, hence why I asked do they look like they are going to be part or able to as has been discussed in this thread before so 100% relevant to post here. Fine if after 1 game is early? I have not came on and criticsed them have I? I came on to see if they look like they are going to help.

sesoim
29-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I couldn't care less if the whole team are loans, as long as it gets us out the relegation mire. I'm only miffed that nobody wants to take our duds on loan.:greengrin

:agree: I'd rather get loans just now as the type of players we need to finish 3rd next season wont be available until the Summer. I say that with tongue slightly in cheek although, really, 3rd SHOULD be our aim next season considering we still have the 4th biggest support in the SPL and the 2nd and 3rd best supported teams will be playing skeleton teams by next season.

Dunfermline are awful, and really about 7 or 8 other SPL sides are quite poor as well. We are only in the position we are in because of our own (and particular Petrie's) mistakes. It still shouldn't be that hard to get out of this mess if we can start making some decent signings for a change.

RickyS
29-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Alan Smith joined MK Dons on loan fi Newcatle. good signing for them, wonder if he would have came here had CC still been in charge