PDA

View Full Version : Yams Fire sale not going too well

Hibbyradge
17-01-2012, 11:25 PM
I was told tonight that threats and innuendo are the order of the day across the city.

Certain of Hearts' higher earners are not at all keen to walk away from their lucrative contracts because, although, they do have suitors, they aren't being offered anything like similar terms and the owner is none too happy.

Either Hearts are going to have to stump up heavy compensation payments to get rid of these players or their wage bill isn't going to reduce by anywhere as much as they need or as quickly.

This might be good for their squad in the short term, but it will mean even more severe restrictions in future.

Expect Vlad to announce that he has changed his strategy and that he now wants to retain a stronger squad than originally suggested. The believers will lap it up.

However, after the wages complaints and now this, it seems the monkey(s) and the organ grinder may have changed position.

jdships
18-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I was told tonight that threats and innuendo are the order of the day across the city.

Certain of Hearts' higher earners are not at all keen to walk away from their lucrative contracts because, although, they do have suitors, they aren't being offered anything like similar terms and the owner is none too happy.

Either Hearts are going to have to stump up heavy compensation payments to get rid of these players or their wage bill isn't going to reduce by anywhere as much as they need or as quickly.

This might be good for their squad in the short term, but it will mean even more severe restrictions in future.

Expect Vlad to announce that he has changed his strategy and that he now wants to retain a stronger squad than originally suggested. The believers will lap it up.

However, after the wages complaints and now this, it seems the monkey(s) and the organ grinder may have changed position.

I am friends with a Scot who is manager of an English League One side and we had a chat about football and the " Slum dwellers" last week.
He feels that they will end up " taking what they are offered" for players they want to sell,
" Down here we all know of their financial situation which makes it very much a buyers market, My own thoughts are many of the players will just sit out their contract , walk away, and pick up a nice signing on fee with a new club "

As I have said before the big problem comes in May when the season ends and "cash at the gate " ceases and they are faced with cash flow issues

Sure they will survive but as a totally different financially run club .

lapsedhibee
18-01-2012, 09:25 AM
As I have said before the big problem comes in May when the season ends and "cash at the gate " ceases and they are faced with cash flow issues.

Unless the hotel complex is built and generating revenue by then.

DC_Hibs
18-01-2012, 09:27 AM
This was always a cert as they paid inflated wages that nobody will match unless its for their few better players that could attract a fee. Those that are worth a fee are minimal and two of them (Stevenson and Kello) are out of contract in the summer so worth 100-200k probably. Templeton and Driver will go for more but not £1m+ and for some reason Vlad must think a loan deal for Driver is best as his value will increase after he does the business on loan??

Hearts can't afford to pay their normal wages so they won't be able to pay players off.....unless Templeton or Driver are sold for 500k+.

Barr, Black, Hamill, Taouil, Elliott etc etc - these guys would need to go hope a wealthier club in League one (or Crawley) for example were interested as there will be no comparable wage offers from Scotland and I cant see a clamour for their services from the championship where clubs could easily afford them.

It means they will remain a fairly strong squad till the end of the season but their financial situation will not be improving....which is nice!

Andy74
18-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Yep, we may have to put up with another half season of them being relatively strong on the pitch.

For all the public posturing about improving fiances they weill be absolutley desperate to get cash in for players and are trying their best to llok now like they don't need to accept anyhting which doesn'r mett their valuations.

That might chane at the end of the month or the players might just push them closer to death by staying put.

truehibernian
18-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I am friends with a Scot who is manager of an English League One side and we had a chat about football and the " Slum dwellers" last week.
He feels that they will end up " taking what they are offered" for players they want to sell,
" Down here we all know of their financial situation which makes it very much a buyers market, My own thoughts are many of the players will just sit out their contract , walk away, and pick up a nice signing on fee with a new club "

As I have said before the big problem comes in May when the season ends and "cash at the gate " ceases and they are faced with cash flow issues

Sure they will survive but as a totally different financially run club .

Jdships, would that be PD ?

jdships
18-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Jdships, would that be PD ?

I " plead the fifth amendment" :wink:
Aint saying yes aint saying no :greengrin

Hillsidehibby
18-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Paul Daniels?

jdships
18-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Paul Daniels?

Hey ! That's a good one
Being a " Magician" he should make a good football manager :greengrin:wink:

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Heard they tried to punt Susan to Barca. They might have to 'wait' a while for that one to go through.

aljo7-0
19-01-2012, 12:34 PM
The BBC Gossip for the SPL is saying they have approached Rangers to say they will accept £100,000 less on the fee for Lee Wallace if they are paid £700,000 cash now. Now if Rangers were not bankrupt and agreed then the firesale could be put off to May. Shame really :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
19-01-2012, 12:39 PM
The BBC Gossip for the SPL is saying they have approached Rangers to say they will accept £100,000 less on the fee for Lee Wallace if they are paid £700,000 cash now. Now if Rangers were not bankrupt and agreed then the firesale could be put off to May. Shame really :greengrin

cause for a treble celebration then, some anniversary already takes place in may each year, something to do with a league/cup double win in 1986 i think it was :dunno:

Dibben
19-01-2012, 01:11 PM

I love the Record quote

Hearts have demanded that Rangers settle their £800,000 bill for Lee Wallace immediately, and have offered them a discount of more than £100,000 off the original price tag to get the cash up front. (Record)

so according to this, the Yams agree a deal, then demand it to be changed!!!

Embarrassing!!! :thumbsup:

Saorsa
19-01-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.klassiskgitar.net/Kemm, Robert (19th century) - Alms for the Poor, Private collection.jpeg

Leithenhibby
19-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I love the Record quote

so according to this, the Yams agree a deal, then demand it to be changed!!!

Embarrassing!!! :thumbsup:

Not so sure they demand it be changed, just DR trying to put a spin on the story.

My understanding is that HMFC are trying to claw in money, and this is one avenue they are trying.

Offer better terms and see if they, (The Huns) bite. I don't see anything wrong with this in today's financial market.. :wink:

Dibben
19-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Not so sure they demand it be changed, just DR trying to put a spin on the story.

My understanding is that HMFC are trying to claw in money, and this is one avenue they are trying.

Offer better terms and see if they, (The Huns) bite. I don't see anything wrong with this in today's financial market.. :wink:

I actually meant to use the word IF in my post above... :wink:

Agree that if they are just saking (begging), then thats OK!!

:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
19-01-2012, 03:23 PM
I actually meant to use the word IF in my post above... :wink:

Agree that if they are just saking (begging), then thats OK!!

:thumbsup:

But you didn't :greengrin

All in all it's good reading as the Huns don't appear to have the cash any way. And should they end up in administration it's a win win situation :greengrin

BurghHibby
19-01-2012, 03:50 PM
But you didn't :greengrin

All in all it's good reading as the Huns don't appear to have the cash any way. And should they end up in administration it's a win win situation :greengrin

When are the Huns due to be told by HMRC that their tea is oot?

stokesmessiah
19-01-2012, 03:59 PM

I am pretty sure i read it was next week that its back up.

I really get the feeling with the noises coming out of Ibrox that they already know they are pretty goosed though.

EDIT: I just realised that my landmark 1000th post is about the possible demise of Der Hun, this makes me happy.

Andy74
19-01-2012, 04:04 PM
One of the strange things to emerge rom the last few days is Hearts fans demanding that the SPL do something about Rangers' debt.

Okay, so firstly that's a bit bizarre because they have quite hapily themselves been sittring at around £40 million debt and they have never seen it is anyone else's business.

Secondly, Rangers haven't yet begun to default on any of their payment obligations to players or other member clubs as far as I am aware.

Taken as a percentage of turnover, even if Ranger get hit with the tax bill, Hearts debt is still way in excess of anyting seen at Ibrox!

As for the instalments - Hearts barely pay people themselves when they are meant to, and they expect someone else to agree to an earlier date than what had previously been agreed!!

Leithenhibby
19-01-2012, 04:08 PM

Am sure I read somewhere that it will be announced in a month or two :wink:

Only around 50 sleeps :greengrin

stokesmessiah
19-01-2012, 04:12 PM
One of the strange things to emerge rom the last few days is Hearts fans demanding that the SPL do something about Rangers' debt.

Okay, so firstly that's a bit bizarre because they have quite hapily themselves been sittring at around £40 million debt and they have never seen it is anyone else's business.

Secondly, Rangers haven't yet begun to default on any of their payment obligations to players or other member clubs as far as I am aware.

Taken as a percentage of turnover, even if Ranger get hit with the tax bill, Hearts debt is still way in excess of anyting seen at Ibrox!

As for the instalments - Hearts barely pay people themselves when they are meant to, and they expect someone else to agree to an earlier date than what had previously been agreed!!

Andy74 you are being very naive and your lack of football knowledge is dumbfounding, you clearly don't know that this is how all big clubs operate. :aok:

On a serious note, i dont know why anyone is surprised by the crap that goes on at Tynecastle anymore as you just couldnt write it. I just noticed on bbc (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16631375.stm) that Paulo Sergio reckons a point deduction would only be harmful to a squad already being hurt by late payments. Paulo ya muppet if the club you worked for conducted themselves and their business then none of this would be happening !!!!

itchy07
19-01-2012, 04:14 PM
It can be as little as 2 months but there is no fixed date. The decision will be announced when they've made it. Could be a year in extreme cases. Still, sooner the better.

Cropley10
19-01-2012, 04:20 PM

The First Tier Tribunal (Tax) has now concluded (yesterday I think, maybe Wednesday).

Their fate now rests in the hands of the Establishment, who will need to decide whether they do owe HMRC money and if they do, how much.

Suggestions that a decision could be as late as April, as there is no deadline or time-limit, some cases take more than 12 months, though this one is not expected to take so long.

The far bigger question is how little will the SPL/SFA do about Der Hun IF Craigy-it-will-be-all-Whyte-on-the-night has to liquidate them (to avoid giving HMRC circa £45m).

Of course we have the scenario where the Scottish Mainstream Media has adopted a News and Comment blackout. Expect that to change were Rangers liquidated - the SMM would then rise as one to DEMAND their reinstatement, immediately (for the good of the game/league etc etc).

ancient hibee
19-01-2012, 04:25 PM
As Rangers will appeal any adverse finding it'll drag on.The main date for them is 31st March-the date they must have audited accounts to be allowed a certificate to play Euro football next season.

Why did Hearts not demand cash on delivery of the Wallace transfer?

greenginger
19-01-2012, 04:36 PM
As Rangers will appeal any adverse finding it'll drag on.The main date for them is 31st March-the date they must have audited accounts to be allowed a certificate to play Euro football next season.

Must have believed the press stories at the time. There was no problem and if there was it would be Murray International who would be responsible for any money due to HMRC.

More fool them :agree:

Bostonhibby
19-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Coz their big brother wouldnae gi them it :greengrin

Cropley10
19-01-2012, 05:18 PM

This is the appeal AH. The end of the road.

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2012, 05:50 PM
This is the appeal AH. The end of the road.

Was just about to post that this is the appeal stage of the investigation. So sad to see such great institutions as Rangers and Hearts suffering so much.

s.a.m
19-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Was just about to post that this is the appeal stage of the investigation. Do sad to see such great institutions as Rangers and Hearts suffering so much.

Ah'm pure greetin' so ah am.

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Ah'm pure greetin' so ah am.

In some ways it's better they go as they are too good for this world.

Nailrod
20-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Aye. Well that's the way things often go in this unfair world.

If they had been willing to accept the forty poond that Rodders offered for Wallace, they would have had cash on the nail.

Instead, they go for the 'big prize' of 800k from Rangers, and could end up with nothing... :hmmm:

mjhibby
20-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Am sure I read somewhere that it will be announced in a month or two :wink:

Only around 50 sleeps :greengrin

According to the esteemed chick young it will be six more weeks at least then rangers will appeal so it will probably be the end of the season before they find out of they are royally goosed or not.No rush as far as im concerned as the just desserts with come to rangers and hertz and ill smile and enjoy the moment.

mjhibby
20-01-2012, 07:10 AM

Its so laughable that a club who have had numerous winding up orders go right to the wire for late payments should try this stunt.It just makes them look even more ridiculous,if that is possible.

JeMeSouviens
20-01-2012, 08:27 AM
According to the esteemed chick young it will be six more weeks at least then rangers will appeal so it will probably be the end of the season before they find out of they are royally goosed or not.No rush as far as im concerned as the just desserts with come to rangers and hertz and ill smile and enjoy the moment.

It's true that the Hun can appeal, but if the current tribunal finds against them, the debt will be immediately collectable. Mon the HMRC. :wink:

Seveno
20-01-2012, 12:23 PM
The football authorities should act now to help these clubs generate revenue. I suggest that they inaugurate the Administration Cup with the winners of Rangers v Hearts playing the winners of Darlington v Portsmouth. Perhaps the winners of the final get to go forward into the Receivership Cup. :cb

Dashing Bob S
20-01-2012, 12:36 PM
The football authorities should act now to help these clubs generate revenue. I suggest that they inaugurate the Administration Cup with the winners of Rangers v Hearts playing the winners of Darlington v Portsmouth. Perhaps the winners of the final get to go forward into the Receivership Cup. :cb

Great idea. It would take the Huns one step closer to their dream of playing in England.

PatHead
20-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Great idea. It would take the Huns one step closer to their dream of playing in England.

Only if they beat Hearts

lapsedhibee
21-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Only if they beat Hearts

Hearts aren't interested in playing in England. They've left all that behind. Their natural rivals are Real, Barca, etc. Haven't you been paying attention these last five years? They will deliberately lose to Rongers as early as they can in this new tournament, just as they do every season in The Diddy Cup, to be able to better concentrate on the bigger things.

Springbank
23-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Just saw this on Twitter…

@TwistedTartan
HMRC tell HMFC they'll be henceforth known as The Wee Team.
It's a Winding Up Order

PaulSmith
23-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Just saw this on Twitter…

@TwistedTartan
HMRC tell HMFC they'll be henceforth known as The Wee Team.
It's a Winding Up Order

I'm lost here, what does this mean!?

Part/Time Supporter
23-01-2012, 08:52 PM

I guess it means that HMRC have issued Hertz with (yet another) winding up order. They seem to be doing that automatically each time Hertz miss a payment date now, then Hertz pay up at the last possible moment before there would be more serious consequences.

I'm_cabbaged
23-01-2012, 08:56 PM

Not meant to be a joke ;)

Greentinted
23-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Whenever I've been browsing internet stories/anecdotes/lies/tales of mafioso monkeys pertaining to the honourable HoMFC, I get these customised adverts appealing to people faced with winding up orders. (Not a joke, does t'internet know stuff us mere mortals don't?)

greenginger
23-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Whenever I've been browsing internet stories/anecdotes/lies/tales of mafioso monkeys pertaining to the honourable HoMFC, I get these customised adverts appealing to people faced with winding up orders. (Not a joke, does t'internet know stuff us mere mortals don't?)

Too True, A couple of weeks ago I was trying to get a price for a telescopic ladder. The ones that can fit in the boot of a car and extend to about 20 feet.

I looked up the various prices on different sites and now I get these pop-up adds for ladders appearing all over the place. The worrying thing is the NET seems to know I hav'nt bought one yet. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
23-01-2012, 09:50 PM

It's a joke.

You're the Wee team.

A winding up order. Winding up.

Geddit? :wink:

Greentinted
23-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Too True, A couple of weeks ago I was trying to get a price for a telescopic ladder. The ones that can fit in the boot of a car and extend to about 20 feet.

I looked up the various prices on different sites and now I get these pop-up adds for ladders appearing all over the place. The worrying thing is the NET seems to know I hav'nt bought one yet. :greengrin

Could be worse, could be an advert for a service offering to assist you in your quest to 'find hot, sexy girls/guys in Edinburgh' - that one captured a former potential brother-in-law (the sister went radge :greengrin )

Apols for hijack...

CentreLine
24-01-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/stevenson_the_exile_can_go_for_100k_1_2072732

It seems the sale is just not working at all.

HibbingtonHibs
24-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Paul Daniels?

I like this.

Not a lot. But I like it.

Keith_M
24-01-2012, 02:16 PM
As there seems to be little to support the theory of an imminent fire sale at Hearts, is this a sign that people on here have just been talking b*ll*x again?

Where's the mass exodus of players we were supposed to have seen, with the first team being replace by the under-19s?

Could it be that it was just wishful thinking...

:dunno:

greenlex
24-01-2012, 02:28 PM
As there seems to be little to support the theory of an imminent fire sale at Hearts, is this a sign that people on here have just been talking b*ll*x again?

Where's the mass exodus of players we were supposed to have seen, with the first team being replace by the under-19s?

More likely the mad one is asking too much for them. As the rest of the month winds on I reckon they will start to go.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 02:35 PM

It's more a case of the players sitting tight as they can't get better deals elsewhere and hearts can't afford to pay out the rest of their contracts.

Mikey
24-01-2012, 02:44 PM
It's more a case of the players sitting tight as they can't get better deals elsewhere and hearts can't afford to pay out the rest of their contracts.

Obua is a classic example of that. He knows fine well he won't get the ridiculous amount of money he gets from Hearts anywhere else so there's no way he'll accept a reduced pay off.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2012, 03:21 PM

You should have seen the stuff that was popping up when the Macar scandal cropped up a while back? I had to hide the screen at times when people were in the room. :greengrin

Caversham Green
24-01-2012, 03:26 PM

Hearts themselves have been saying for several months that they needed to get players off their payroll. They have also demonstrated that they are either unwilling or unable to pay their wages on time. If press reports are to be believed they have circulated most senior clubs in the UK with a price list of players they want to sell and have tried to get Rangers to pay a debt early by knocking £100,000 off. Their accounts have shown for years that they are not a viable business.

Do you really think that's all a bluff?

Jack
24-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Hearts themselves have been saying for several months that they needed to get players off their payroll. They have also demonstrated that they are either unwilling or unable to pay their wages on time. If press reports are to be believed they have circulated most senior clubs in the UK with a price list of players they want to sell and have tried to get Rangers to pay a debt early by knocking £100,000 off. Their accounts have shown for years that they are not a viable business.

How come no one on here managed to get a hold of that list?

(open question)

DC_Hibs
24-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Suits me if they continue to pay money they dont have as their financial situ can only worsen and if they didnt sell Templeton or Driver in this window then there will be more wage problems short term.

I think they are also praying that Gordon plays the required number of games for Sunderland to trigger a fee but there's no sign of that happening yet thankfully.

Keith_M
24-01-2012, 03:38 PM

If I saw the list, or the press reports had actual sources, I'd be more convinced.

I just hear so many times that Hearts are falling off the face of the earth, having to get rid of all their best players, etc, but they seem to carry on regardless... beating Hibs in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted for Hearts to be taken down a peg or two and having to cut their cloth accordingly, and Hibs to get out of the merde we're currently in, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Caversham Green
24-01-2012, 03:51 PM
If I saw the list, or the press reports had actual sources, I'd be more convinced.

I just hear so many times that Hearts are falling off the face of the earth, having to get rid of all their best players, etc, but they seem to carry on regardless... beating Hibs in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted for Hearts to be taken down a peg or two and having to cut their cloth accordingly, and Hibs to get out of the merde we're currently in, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The list may or may not exist - I've heard from other sources that it does - but what about the rest of the factors? Have they been lying on their website? Did they just withhold their players' wages for a laugh? Are they fiddling their accounts and conning the auditors? To what end?

You said there was little support for the theory of an imminent fire sale, I would argue the opposite and say that all the evidence suggests they will have to lose a lot of players pdq. Any alternative theory seems a lot more fanciful than that, and it is certainly not wishful thinking, but a rational assessment of the available evidence.

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 03:56 PM

It came from Hearts, not here.

renato
24-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Obua is a classic example of that. He knows fine well he won't get the ridiculous amount of money he gets from Hearts anywhere else so there's no way he'll accept a reduced pay off.

Exactly, his wage is astronomical for a team like hearts, you cannae blame him for sitting tight.

Re the rest of the squad - there'll be movement as we near the window ending, and not at the figures vlad is expecting.

johnrebus
24-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I reckon the poor souls tasked with carrying out Vlad's wishes will be starting to panic at the lack of action as regards departures.

Things will speed up in the next day or two.

But, as has been previously said, there will be a number of players - such as Oboua - who would rather sit tight and (hopefully) pick up their wedge till the end of the season.

There may be some half decent players at the PBS, but they have no chance of matching their current wages anywhere else.

It will be a bumpy ride to the end of the season.

Er..., not that we can talk........,

:rolleyes:

Jim44
24-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Fire sale not going too well

Depends on your point of view. We would enjoy the idea of a depleted Jambo side and some have been wringing their hands at the prospect. The Jambo support ,however, are enjoying the fact that the wind has been blown out of our sails on this one and I'm quite sure they'll see the transfer window out with little or no change in their squad ( if any thing they might possibly add to it). The bottom line is that Vlad will see them through this so-called crisis and it seems it has been a mountain out of a molehill.

Twa Cairpets
24-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Depends on your point of view. We would enjoy the idea of a depleted Jambo side and some have been wringing their hands at the prospect. The Jambo support ,however, are enjoying the fact that the wind has been blown out of our sails on this one and I'm quite sure they'll see the transfer window out with little or no change in their squad ( if any thing they might possibly add to it). The bottom line is that Vlad will see them through this so-called crisis and it seems it has been a mountain out of a molehill.

How can you possibly think this?

Seriously, at some point, and there are all the signs that it a pointthat is accelerating closer, real world facts and economics will hit. It is an inevitability unless something really, really spectacular happens from left field.

Wishful thinking is sometimes backed by circumnstance, I just wish it was quicker.

easty
24-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Exactly, his wage is astronomical for a team like hearts, you cannae blame him for sitting tight.

Re the rest of the squad - there'll be movement as we near the window ending, and not at the figures vlad is expecting.

What's he, apparently, paid at the yams like?

easty
24-01-2012, 04:29 PM

Seriously, at some point, and there are all the signs that it a pointthat is accelerating closer, real world facts and economics will hit. It is an inevitability unless something really, really spectacular happens from left field.

Wishful thinking is sometimes backed by circumnstance, I just wish it was quicker.

Aye, but this is the same as we've been saying for how many years now? I'll believe the ****s hit the fan when I see it.

Andy74
24-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Appearances can be a bit deceiving though.

What they have done so far is give the impression during January that everything is okay. To do otherwise would have been a bit self defeating as they would have lost a whole squad for nothing.

They have cobbled together some cash from a couple of home games and selling a player. I'm sure they have also had to go to Ubig and explain that they need a bit up front again or they are essentially dead with no way to minimise losses. Even then they couldn't hit the SPL deadline for getting the wages in.

You'd have to assume that the problems with cash flow will continue and pretty soon there is no way to sell a player.

It all ads up to last minute cut price sales followed by a few players released to minmise the wage bill for th rest of the year.

If players refuse to go then that's a bit of a win win too as they will continue to bleed the club dry.

I expected January to be like this to be honest. I pity them for being lulled into the sense that things are sorting themsleves out. They aren't. They are advertising a player in the Scotand squad for £100k in the Evening News!

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 04:34 PM

Why would any club buy a player at Vlad's current asking price?

Every club in the UK knows they are in a financial mess so any potential buyers will wait till the last minute before offering Hearts small fees.

It's not like they have world reknowned superstar players who everyone wants in their team.

As I understand it, so far they have received a fee for the Icelandic boy, an offer of £20k for Stevenson from Crawley and a request for Skacel to go on loan.

for example, Hibs are reportedly interested in Stevenson and Sutton. We can't pay the asking price, but we can wait till the transfer deadline and try our luck then.

Jim44
24-01-2012, 05:19 PM

Appearances can be a bit deceiving though.

What they have done so far is give the impression during January that everything is okay. To do otherwise would have been a bit self defeating as they would have lost a whole squad for nothing.

They have cobbled together some cash from a couple of home games and selling a player. I'm sure they have also had to go to Ubig and explain that they need a bit up front again or they are essentially dead with no way to minimise losses. Even then they couldn't hit the SPL deadline for getting the wages in.

You'd have to assume that the problems with cash flow will continue and pretty soon there is no way to sell a player.

It all ads up to last minute cut price sales followed by a few players released to minmise the wage bill for th rest of the year.

If players refuse to go then that's a bit of a win win too as they will continue to bleed the club dry.

I expected January to be like this to be honest. I pity them for being lulled into the sense that things are sorting themsleves out. They aren't. They are advertising a player in the Scotand squad for £100k in the Evening News!

I'd like to share your optimism here and what you are saying makes sense but I just get vibes that they are going to come out of this relatively unscathed. I don't hear wailing and gnashing of teeth from their purportedly unhappy players and in fact the little we do hear is about their getting behind the club and some even looking to extend their contracts. I also read somewhere that Stevenson may return to the club, take his punishment and carry on as usual. And again I say that when push comes to shove Romanov will bale them out of the messy situation they seem to be in. I hope I am drastically wrong.

007 Mickey Weir
24-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah I can see not a lot happening. We will all be on here on deadline day hoping for a fire sale and all we will see is one or two players leave. Probably squad players that don't effect the team as a whole.

I do think if Hibs had some balls we could put in a £50k offer for Stevenson/Hamill on deadline day and see what comes of it. Punt O'Connor to anyone that will have him. Release Sodje and Towell. Sign Goodwin (40k) and Murphy. Leaving a team like this after spending only £90k. If we can get that for O'Connor then great we end up spending nothing. With wage bill around the same!

Team

Stack

Hamill McPake Stephens Hanlon

Goodwin

Stevenson(Ryan) Osbourne Soares

Doyle Griffiths

Subs
Brown
Francomb
O'Hanlon
Booth
Sproule
Stevenson(Lewis)
Murphy

Greentinted
24-01-2012, 06:22 PM

Reports vary, I've heard £10k p/w mooted to £56k per month (I make no claims to be 'in the know' though!).

And they wonder why they're boracic?

whereswallace?
24-01-2012, 06:37 PM

From a reliable source, i believe it to be around 12k a week. Unbelievable such a limited footballer is on money like that.

Twa Cairpets
24-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I'd like to share your optimism here and what you are saying makes sense but I just get vibes that they are going to come out of this relatively unscathed. I don't hear wailing and gnashing of teeth from their purportedly unhappy players and in fact the little we do hear is about their getting behind the club and some even looking to extend their contracts. I also read somewhere that Stevenson may return to the club, take his punishment and carry on as usual. And again I say that when push comes to shove Romanov will bale them out of the messy situation they seem to be in. I hope I am drastically wrong.

There has been the real world equivalent of "wailing and gnashing of teeth" though. How many other clubs have complained to their Association about not being paid. Spouting in public is only going to get you cast as trouble maker or loose cannon or whatever. Also, why would you as a player jeapordise what they must realise is a good wedge, even if it is late.

With the exception of stevenson who did what he did on the basis of his wifes condition during pregnancy (and for whom I therefore have some respect), the rest would appear to be bunkering down and accepting the cash from the dark side. At some point, that cash WILL run out.

Romanov just doesnt give a flying one about them now.

They will go, whether its days, weeks, months or a year or two, it will happen and the whole rotting edifice of pus filled corruption and vileness will collapse under the weight of its own conceit and vanity.

CentreLine
24-01-2012, 06:50 PM

Could it be that the mad bloke knows he is in a mess and has been playing a game of brinkmanship trying to flush out someone daft enough to buy the sorry mess from him. No takers of course so now he has to keep paying the wages until he decides what to do with this toxic asset? Just a thought

Caversham Green
25-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Could it be that the mad bloke knows he is in a mess and has been playing a game of brinkmanship trying to flush out someone daft enough to buy the sorry mess from him. No takers of course so now he has to keep paying the wages until he decides what to do with this toxic asset? Just a thought

Hard to say what his strategy is - if indeed he has one - but it seems pretty clear that he is trying very hard to reduce the wages bill and will see this transfer window as a failure if he hasn't offloaded a bunch of his highest earners when it slams shut.

Keith_M
25-01-2012, 09:36 AM
I think I'll come back to this thread again next Wednesday, by which time we'll know for sure.

Hopefully some positive news by then.

Springbank
25-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I think I'll come back to this thread again next Wednesday, by which time we'll know for sure.

Hopefully some positive news by then.

i want the beeb to put allan preston live at the pbs for the final 2 hours of the window. He's already high pitched, but when the panic sales begin I predict he'll reach a soprano high 'b'

stokesmessiah
25-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't in my heart think it is going to happen the way that we are all dreaming about.

Unfortunately i think if we all visit this thread on Tue at midnight the great fire sale will have been drizzled on and fizzled out in quite an uneventful fashion.

matty_f
25-01-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't in my heart think it is going to happen the way that we are all dreaming about.

Unfortunately i think if we all visit this thread on Tue at midnight the great fire sale will have been drizzled on and fizzled out in quite an uneventful fashion.

To be honest, it'll probably be better in the long run if they don't shift folk as it'll cause them more problems with money than they're having just now.

We'll either see folk leave, or they'll be rooked for ages. Win/Win IMHO.

HibbyAndy
25-01-2012, 11:33 AM
To be honest, it'll probably be better in the long run if they don't shift folk as it'll cause them more problems with money than they're having just now.

We'll either see folk leave, or they'll be rooked for ages. Win/Win IMHO.

Thats my view on it too Matty.

Cropley10
25-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Dundee Utd apparently interested in the R. Stevenson. Makes you wonder how they could afford him.

Over at Declinecastle I agree with others that the 'fire sale' ain't going to happen, but it will be a game of poker right enough on the evening of 31.1 as Vlad has to decide whether to accept any low-ball bids for some of their better players. My view is he won't.

matty_f
25-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Dundee Utd apparently interested in the R. Stevenson. Makes you wonder how they could afford him.

Over at Declinecastle I agree with others that the 'fire sale' ain't going to happen, but it will be a game of poker right enough on the evening of 31.1 as Vlad has to decide whether to accept any low-ball bids for some of their better players. My view is he won't.

Would be surprised if Utd could afford him considering they couldn't go past £25k for the boy that St Mirren signed (sorry, I cannae mind his name!)

hibees59
25-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Would be surprised if Utd could afford him considering they couldn't go past £25k for the boy that St Mirren signed (sorry, I cannae mind his name!)

Alan O'Brien :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
25-01-2012, 12:06 PM

dougie imrie ?

greenginger
25-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Yep, if they are not going to disappear altogether then the bigger the debt the better.

Vlad himself has suggested a consortium of Yams could take over the Club and run the football side of the business whilst he retained the PBS and rented it to the consortium who would also have to service the balance of the debt.

Quick Calculation - PBS his value £ 20 million Rent, business rates, maintenance 10% - £ 2 million per year

Servicing debt balance of £ 20 million at Ukio Bankas preference
rate of 8% - £ 1.6 million per year

That would leave about £ 1 million a year for players wages :greengrin

There would obviously be the odd visit or fax from Vlad and the inevitable bust-up amongst the moroon cardigens

Plenty to look forward to ,if only we had a half decent team life would be oh so good ! :greengrin

ballengeich
25-01-2012, 12:22 PM
maintenance 10% - £ 2 million per year

Maintenance? It's been about £4.50 a year from what I've seen of the place recently. If Vlad retains ownership of the stadium the question which arises is who's going to pay to bring it up to a modern standard.

Speedway
25-01-2012, 12:39 PM

Never, that's not happened before. It's not as if we were smugly tick tocking at the sale of Tiny to Cala Homes.

At Hearts, something always happens from left field. They will survive sadly.

Aye, but this is the same as we've been saying for how many years now? I'll believe the ****s hit the fan when I see it.

Exactement.

Hard to say what his strategy is - if indeed he has one - but it seems pretty clear that he is trying very hard to reduce the wages bill and will see this transfer window as a failure if he hasn't offloaded a bunch of his highest earners when it slams shut.

And it will SLAM shut!!

Www1875hfc
27-01-2012, 11:21 PM
STV understands Ipswich have agreed fee of £50,000 with Hearts for Ryan Stevenson. Set to sign 3 year deal with Tractor Boys.

Barney McGrew
28-01-2012, 01:21 PM
STV understands Ipswich have agreed fee of £50,000 with Hearts for Ryan Stevenson. Set to sign 3 year deal with Tractor Boys.

He's agreed an 18 month deal and is having a medical today.

The_Todd
28-01-2012, 01:30 PM

So much for £100k or bust. Looks like the sale is now with an extra 50% off.

greenlex
28-01-2012, 01:35 PM
So much for £100k or bust. Looks like the sale is now with an extra 50% off.
Its maybe BOGOF. Obua to go too for 100K the pair? :greengrin

jdships
28-01-2012, 01:37 PM

Two questions there
1. Is that Ipswich final offer and they had to take it to pay next months wages ? :greengrin
2 Is that his true worth on the open market :devil:

Either way could be the pattern for the next few days - take what's on offer for cash flow sake !!!!

Remember a number of players can walk away for nothing come the summer :wink: