PDA

View Full Version : A Refreshing Change

SMAXXA
17-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I know its still very early on in Pat's Hibs career but just been sitting thinking and I am interested in hearing peoples thoughts. I feel that for the first time in a long time the focus is now on bringing in a better quality player and accept that we actually have a proper manager in place now. What I mean with that is previously I got the feeling that no matter who we brought in we had management that wernt competant enough and alot of people didnt have much faith in their abilities and regardless who we brought in we would still struggle. I dont have that feeling with Fenlon, I think he knows what he wants and if he gets them in I am very confident in him taking us in the right direction.

Dont get me wrong this isnt a knee jerk reaction to the last 2 games, just sitting here and it came into my head.

:pfgwa

Reaper
18-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Certainly some of the players we're being linked with, would add weight to your argument. However, until we sign these top targets rather than just be linked with them, I'll reserve judgement. I do agree that Fenlon seems to talk the talk but Hibs have a notoriety for being linked to better class players and then signing dross so here's hoping times change. I do agree that Fenlon seems to have a different aura about him.

Callum_62
18-01-2012, 08:32 AM
2 games doesnt change the massive task Fenlon has to get us resembling a decent side.

However, since day 1, he has the type of personality about him that should endeer him to the fans...certainly has to me.

like his ruthless streak in getting rid of players too....hoping he can get in some decent replacements sharpish though

Spike Mandela
18-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Let's not get carried away. We still haven't done anything to strengthen the least creative midfield in the league and all we have added to the defence is an inexperienced 20 yr old from Norwich reserves.

I like you am optimistic about PF but let's wait till May and see where we are. At the very least wait until we have seen more new signings playing before saying we have turned the corner.

Phil MaGlass
18-01-2012, 08:50 AM
As other folk on here including myself have said, "positivity breeds positivity" wether the team is losing or winning, if the fans and club can stay positive then all will come good, may take a wee while, but I would rather be around positive supporters, makes match day more bearable and provides an all round healthy situation to work in for the players.

Andy74
18-01-2012, 10:46 AM
The key thing for me is that Fenlon will build us a team. He won't care, and I won't care, about whether each individial is a star or not.

I like his background and that he has worked with very little at times and still produced good teams. The players that he will know will also not be used to being handed everything.

Yes, he still has a huge task but I'd rather he was dealing with it than anyone else at the moment.

Springbank
18-01-2012, 10:56 AM
The key thing for me is that Fenlon will build us a team. He won't care, and I won't care, about whether each individial is a star or not.

I like his background and that he has worked with very little at times and still produced good teams. The players that he will know will also not be used to being handed everything.

Yes, he still has a huge task but I'd rather he was dealing with it than anyone else at the moment.

agreed! Good times ahead

SMAXXA
18-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Totally agree, I guess my point is really that we now have a manager that appears capable of managing and its now a matter of getting the right players. Oposed to having a donkey who cant manage and stuggles to sign / identify decent players.

patlowe
18-01-2012, 11:32 AM
While I doubt any Hibs fan would suggest Fenlon has succeeded in making us a decent team yet, the way in which he is going about his business makes me extremely optimistic. Like Mowbray before him, PF seems positive and has a "newness" about him which appears to be getting through to the fans. Going by that Herald interview last week, he also seems to recognise the potential of Hibs and the expectations of the fans. Rather than moan about the situation, he intends to rid the club of negativity and use these factors to galvanise the squad and support.

As an aside, PF comes across as an extremely honest chap in his appraisal of the team, a breath of fresh air after Colin "the squad is perfect" Calderwood, John "we finished 4th so we must be great" Hughes, and Mixu "we didn't deserve to lose despite having about 3% possession" Paatelainen.

Eyrie
18-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Let's not get carried away. We still haven't done anything to strengthen the least creative midfield in the league and all we have added to the defence is an inexperienced 20 yr old from Norwich reserves.

I like you am optimistic about PF but let's wait till May and see where we are. At the very least wait until we have seen more new signings playing before saying we have turned the corner.
If you're going to wait before judging him then it will need to be until August as most transfer business is done on the summer and there will also be more departures.

I'm supportive of how's he's approached our problems and believe that better days are ahead.