View Full Version : Player on trial and Gary Twigg/silly pun thread

17-01-2012, 09:24 PM
#Hibs take Premier League youngster on trial and fail in bid to bring player back to SPL - See tomorrow's Express. #hibees (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23hibees) #hfc (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23hfc)

Irish media reporting (unconfirmed) that Gary Twigg could be set for a move to Easter Road as Pat Fenlon looks to bolster the #Hibs (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23Hibs) attack.

From 2 journalists on twitter.

beensaidbefore
17-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Twigg? any good?

hibeemikey21
17-01-2012, 09:37 PM
#Hibs take Premier League youngster on trial and fail in bid to bring player back to SPL - See tomorrow's Express. #hibees (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23hibees) #hfc (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23hfc)

Irish media reporting (unconfirmed) that Gary Twigg could be set for a move to Easter Road as Pat Fenlon looks to bolster the #Hibs (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23Hibs) attack.

From 2 journalists on twitter.

Will the two in bold be the Arsenal younster and McPake I take it? :dunno:

17-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Twigg? any good?

I think we should just leave it.

17-01-2012, 09:38 PM
What Arsenal youngster?

And i have not been too excited by the prospect of Twigg until the last few days. 59 goals in 90 games for Shamrock is very good, and people have said he is very talented. :agree:

17-01-2012, 09:38 PM

Could be a treemendous signing though?

hibeemikey21
17-01-2012, 09:39 PM
What Arsenal youngster?

And i have not been too excited by the prospect of Twigg until the last few days. 59 goals in 90 games for Shamrock is very good, and people have said he is very talented. :agree:

Rhys Murphy; 21 year old Irish striker that was seen with Francomb today

17-01-2012, 09:40 PM

Could well be, Just think we should look further afield.

What Arsenal youngster?

Georgie Francome's mate. FFS keep up Fraze:rolleyes:

Could be a treemendous signing though?We'd be barking no tae take him if we can get him.

17-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Chris maguire was failed loan bid.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/296316

beensaidbefore
17-01-2012, 09:41 PM

is that confirmed or are you going out on a limb??

17-01-2012, 09:43 PM
We'd be barking no tae take him if we can get him.

Why on earth should we sign him??...

17-01-2012, 09:43 PM
We'd be barking no tae take him if we can get him.

We aint half branching out into the Irish market for players these days, id be happy with Twigg though bud!

beensaidbefore
17-01-2012, 09:44 PM

Just heard, were not getting him.

negotiations became too sticky...
il get my coat

beensaidbefore
17-01-2012, 09:45 PM
We aint half branching out into the Irish market for players these days, id be happy with Twigg though bud!

for sure, i tink dat'd be tree boys from ireland we have, so...

hibeemikey21
17-01-2012, 09:46 PM

Meh, no great loss. Unbelievably inconsistent for Aberdeen.

17-01-2012, 09:46 PM
is that confirmed or are you going out on a limb??

Just a wee whisper i heard in the wind:agree:

Apparently he is a sap tae, So yep, Leave him.

17-01-2012, 09:48 PM
He's a blossoming talent. Still growing too.

17-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Just a wee whisper i heard in the wind:agree:

Apparently he is a sap tae, So yep, Leave him.
Listen Bud. No he's knot. Well not Mulch. Ach yer right I wooden touch him.

17-01-2012, 09:49 PM

1 goal every 8 games is pretty grim. Not what we need.

17-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Listen Bud. No he's knot. Well not Mulch. Ach yer right I wooden touch him.

Just passin oan what a heard in the Royal oak Bud.

17-01-2012, 09:53 PM
So Murphy and 2 French players on trial apparently.

Georgie Francome's mate. FFS keep up Fraze:rolleyes:

I don't read the boards any more, it's hard to keep up. :rolleyes:

17-01-2012, 09:54 PM

Am sure a heared the same in th Bunch o Roses mate, duno if I BeLEAVE it tho.

17-01-2012, 09:55 PM
So Murphy and 2 French players on trial apparently.

I don't read the boards any more, it's hard to keep up. :rolleyes:

And Sodje told to bolt, no surpriise there knew he would be next

beensaidbefore
17-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Am sure a heared the same in th Bunch o Roses mate, duno if I BeLEAVE it tho.

think your getting mixed up...hes the young guy, bushy hair, with terrible roots...

17-01-2012, 10:01 PM
think your getting mixed up...hes the young guy, bushy hair, with terrible roots...

And his mum is shaven :hilarious

17-01-2012, 10:02 PM

That the guy whos allegidly got a wee Wood Pecker? Hes good pals with James Forrest I think, thats why hes so intreested in signing

17-01-2012, 10:15 PM
If Twigg signs, we will want him for a while, so I hope that he puts down roots.

17-01-2012, 10:21 PM
All these postings have me stumped.

17-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Do you guys actually think these awful, awful puns are in the slightest bit funny? Jeezo.

Can't we refrain from turning every thread into ***** like this? We get it: almost every player has a name that can be turned into a pun that a 10 year old might find mildly amusing.

It could be a different story if some of the puns were actually a little bit clever...

17-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Do you guys actually think these awful, awful puns are in the slightest bit funny? Jeezo.

Can't we refrain from turning every thread into ***** like this? We get it: almost every player has a name that can be turned into a pun that a 10 year old might find mildly amusing.

It could be a different story if some of the puns were actually a little bit clever...

Ill leave it now then.

17-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Every thread? :rolleyes:

beensaidbefore
17-01-2012, 10:31 PM

your only 23...please lighten up a little, otherwise your going to end up a very boring person. nobody wants to be known as Mr Boring surely?

Ill leave it now then.

Now that's what i call a retort !

Liam89

I love them, I also happen to think they are very clever. :na na:

17-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Every thread? :rolleyes:

Hyperbole mate. OK, not every thread, but a large amount of them - especially those that talk about potential signings. No doubt Rhys Murphy's signing will result in a barrage of hilarious rice-related puns.

17-01-2012, 10:33 PM
your only 23...please lighten up a little, otherwise your going to end up a very boring person. nobody wants to be known as Mr Boring surely?

If not finding these puns at all funny renders me boring, then I'm quite happy to be the most boring person alive.

Twiglet
17-01-2012, 10:34 PM
All these postings have me stumped.

These posts make me kinda :boo hoo::wink: Got to say well done though, not heard some of those before.

17-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Ill leave it now then.

Great, the 3rd time you've used that one. It's 'leaf' by the way.

17-01-2012, 10:36 PM

You are taking this all a little bit personally?

beensaidbefore
17-01-2012, 10:39 PM
If not finding these puns at all funny renders me boring, then I'm quite happy to be the most boring person alive.

if none of them made you smile in the slightest....its ok the title is yours, 'The Most Boring Person Alive 2012' :greengrin

17-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Hyperbole mate. OK, not every thread, but a large amount of them - especially those that talk about potential signings. No doubt Rhys Murphy's signing will result in a barrage of hilarious rice-related puns.

If Paddy fields Rice is good enough for Hibs thats good enough for me.

beensaidbefore
17-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Sadly, I think your mistaken. Hibs are leaf...No??

17-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Oh! Don't you start too! :rolleyes:

17-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Don't mind cynic.

He's just pining for attention.

Mango Man
17-01-2012, 10:47 PM

I agree mate, 1 or 2 puns then fair enough, but it just seems to go on and on and on, annoying when you actually want to find out what's going on on that particular thread. :tin hat:

17-01-2012, 10:49 PM

Calm down bud. Take it from one of the elders on here it could be a lot worse.

17-01-2012, 10:51 PM

I think that your bark is worse than your bite?

17-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Anyone else heard Kevin Thomson's name mentioned in relation to us?

bigkenny
17-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Sunshine on leaf

17-01-2012, 11:11 PM
All this rowan on forum is holly unnecessary.

17-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Well as long as he shoots, I'm happy.

17-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Calm down bud. Take it from one of the elders on here it could be a lot worse.

Yew're not kidding, me old chestnut.

Joking aside, Ross County are looking at Twigg, who has a January get-out clause.

17-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Cynic i agree that the puns are pretty awful but turning the thread into an argumentative one hasn't helped at all and has made it completely lose focus of the point.

EDIT: Normally i am the one arguing so i feel so grown up now. :greengrin

hibeeleicester
17-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Rhys Murphy is on trial :agree:

17-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Cynic i agree that the puns are pretty awful but turning the thread into an argumentative one hasn't helped at all and has made it completely lose focus of the point.

EDIT: Normally i am the one arguing so i feel so grown up now. :greengrin

The focus of the point remains the same as it was when the thread was full of puns. I'm not arguing, but merely stating my opinion.

17-01-2012, 11:48 PM
The focus of the point remains the same as it was when the thread was full of puns. I'm not arguing, but merely stating my opinion.

I am of the same opinion, mainly cos i spent ages trying to come up with one of my own and failed. :rolleyes:

WellingtonHibby
18-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Tree-ding carefully, but acorn't believe people are getting so upset about the puns...

macd123
18-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Must admit I like the puns. You should be glad were not in for Rod Fanni.

CmoantheHibs
18-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Why dont one of the people that enjoy puns start a seperate Gary Twigg/latest rumour pun thread then everyone will be happy.The people that want to use puns can pun until their hearts are content whilst the people that want to get info from the thread can do so without having to endure the puns.Personally in general I dont like the puns.Im going to stop reading this thread as Im sick of more puns.
We could also hold a poll to find out the general consensus on the use of puns although we would have to wait a few months to do it.It would only be fair to hold a May pole.

CmoantheHibs
18-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Does anyone have info on the 2 French trialists mentioned in the article?

18-01-2012, 04:30 AM

Probably best you check the correct definition of the word before trying to sound clever :rolleyes:

18-01-2012, 05:00 AM
Probably best you check the correct definition of the word before trying to sound clever :rolleyes:

Who wood have thought all these tree related puns would get everyone arguing and rowan with each other? Come on buds quit acting like saps and all will be oakay or just chill and go have a nice relaxing day at the beech...

18-01-2012, 05:50 AM

I hear Nottingham Forest are also interested :wink:

18-01-2012, 06:29 AM

He was exaggerating for effect. He used the word correctly.

18-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Why dont one of the people that enjoy puns start a seperate Gary Twigg/latest rumour pun thread then everyone will be happy.The people that want to use puns can pun until their hearts are content whilst the people that want to get info from the thread can do so without having to endure the puns.Personally in general I dont like the puns.Im going to stop reading this thread as Im sick of more puns.
We could also hold a poll to find out the general consensus on the use of puns although we would have to wait a few months to do it.It would only be fair to hold a May pole.

I'm with you, annoying when a decent thread gets hijacked...

18-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Anyone know which kindergarten center he came though?

18-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Could well be, Just think we should look further afield.

like Lithuania or even England? Nah, we've had strikers from both countries and it proves that we should have no qualms about risking Irish talent.

18-01-2012, 06:38 AM
With all respect it is boring as ****. Log on this morning and see 3 pages of new player chat but nut its aw pish.

Yours Nae.T.Yet

18-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Must admit I like the puns. You should be glad were not in for Rod Fanni.

It'd be curtains for the thread if Fanni signed.

18-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Definately finding all these puns boring, just had to sift through 3 pages of nonsense to see if there was actual any updates or info on the players the thread is all about, Twigg was linked to us ages ago and all the puns in this thread have already been done the first time he was mentioned.

As for the players, the boy from Arsenal sounds like a good prospect but based on what i've read about Twigg i'm not overly excited, on another thread he was described as someone that wasn't fast, wasn't particularly good in the air, didn't score spectacular goals and link up play wasn't great but had a nack of being in the right place in the right time, to me that sounds a bit like Colin Nish who i'm sure would also score a lot of goals in the Irish league, never seen the boy play though so if he does get signed i'm happy to give him a chance.

Auckland Hibs
18-01-2012, 07:04 AM
It'd be curtains for the thread if Fanni signed.

Agree - can you imagine how many people on here who would be flapping?

18-01-2012, 07:10 AM

Oh, stop being bitter. :rolleyes:

18-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Agree - can you imagine how many people on here who would be flapping?

Absolute genius. Whatever it is you're doing now is a waste of your comedy gift.

18-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Definately finding all these puns boring, just had to sift through 3 pages of nonsense to see if there was actual any updates or info on the players the thread is all about, Twigg was linked to us ages ago and all the puns in this thread have already been done the first time he was mentioned.

As for the players, the boy from Arsenal sounds like a good prospect but based on what i've read about Twigg i'm not overly excited, on another thread he was described as someone that wasn't fast, wasn't particularly good in the air, didn't score spectacular goals and link up play wasn't great but had a nack of being in the right place in the right time, to me that sounds a bit like Colin Nish who i'm sure would also score a lot of goals in the Irish league, never seen the boy play though so if he does get signed i'm happy to give him a chance.

Are you sure you're not just struggling to grassp the humour?

18-01-2012, 07:45 AM

Why would they?

18-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Oh, stop being bitter. :rolleyes:

I thought we were looking for a more bigger, physical side - heard this guy is pint sized :rolleyes:

SneakersO'Toole
18-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Bar the original post, this thread is a waste of bandwidth.

18-01-2012, 08:00 AM
The last thing we need is another striker in trouble with the police. I've heard special branch have been investigating him.

18-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Bar the original post, this thread is a waste of bandwidth.

You think the whole thing should be axed or get the chop?

18-01-2012, 08:05 AM
The last thing we need is another striker in trouble with the police. I've heard special branch have been investigating him.

Good, they need to root this kinda thing out of football...

18-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Good, they need to root this kinda thing out of football...

I wood agree

18-01-2012, 08:08 AM
I wood agree

It goes against the grain I think...it could be weed mind you!

FastEddieFelson
18-01-2012, 08:16 AM
i'm with cynic on this one. this thread is embarrassing.

18-01-2012, 08:34 AM

Oh dear mate, you really should try to lighten up a bit.

I'll 'stick' another post on the Twigg pun thread just to cheer you up :na na:

18-01-2012, 08:58 AM

I don't think there are any trees on Barra :confused:

19-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Deary deary me..Some folk need to get a grip!... If you dont like the puns then dont read the thread. It really is that simple.

Instead of moaning on here just dont read it. Whats hard to grasp?

Wasnae that when we had the calendar thread eh? Aye exactly.

19-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Deary deary me..Some folk need to get a grip!... If you dont like the puns then dont read the thread. It really is that simple.

Instead of moaning on here just dont read it. Whats hard to grasp?

Wasnae that when we had the calendar thread eh? Aye exactly.