PDA

View Full Version : Rhys murphy

Mark79
17-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Just looking at George francombs twitter and says he was in sports world getting winter training gear with. He tagged Rhys murphy (21 yr old arsenal striker who plays for republic of Ireland).

Could be nothing in it but his wiki page says he had a trial at the Huns in August so maybe he is available on a free or loan. From George's tweets he is now back in Edinburgh so why else would Rhys be here?

greenlex
17-01-2012, 05:02 PM
A Welsh mother and Irish father. He certainly has a Celtic Connection.

PeterboroHibee
17-01-2012, 05:41 PM
I follow him on twitter as well, was he not away back home for a few days?

Mark79
17-01-2012, 05:45 PM

Nah yesterday he was tweeting all day about the drive to Edinburgh.

johnbc70
17-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Saw that as well and thought the same thing, maybe on trial?

Pretty Boy
17-01-2012, 05:58 PM
I suppose the guy could always just have a few days off and be up visiting his mate.

Sounds like he'd be a no bad signing though if there is anything in it.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2012, 06:01 PM
When it comes to George tweet and Hibs players there's always a possibility ;)

Where do the yams apart from Clum drink?

Bayern Bru
17-01-2012, 11:29 PM

They don't. Can't afford it. :wink:

frazeHFC
17-01-2012, 11:52 PM

:agree:

He left his house at 9am and arrived around 5pm. :agree: Maybe he drove up with Murphy and they went to Sports World to get him boots for his trial. :hmmm:

hibeeleicester
18-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Murphy is on trial, i'd imagine it's going to be him or twigg....

Or paddy fancies 4 upfront.

SteveHFC
18-01-2012, 12:14 AM

Would rather have Murphy than Twigg :agree:

Bayern Bru
18-01-2012, 12:15 AM

Ross County sniffing around Twigg. I imagine PF has become aware of Murphy's availability and has thought 'yes please!'

Maybe.

hibeeleicester
18-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Now thinking about it maybe he is after both?

Can't imagine Twigg costing much on wages.

We have lost Agogo and Probably Sodje!

That leaves us with 3 strikers and 2 possibly leaving in the summer!

I would be VERY happy with a strikeforce of O'Connor, Griffiths, Doyle, Twigg, Murphy. :agree:

GreenCastle
18-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Like Saturday Doyle can also sometimes play out wide - so may put him right wing ?

Would be happy with Twigg or Murphy :agree: but we need some defenders / central midfielders ideally who are leaders

johnrebus
18-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Just looking at George francombs twitter and says he was in sports world getting winter training gear with. He tagged Rhys murphy (21 yr old arsenal striker who plays for republic of Ireland).

Could be nothing in it but his wiki page says he had a trial at the Huns in August so maybe he is available on a free or loan. From George's tweets he is now back in Edinburgh so why else would Rhys be here?

Twenty one year old Arsenal striker?

At that age he should be a veteran with over 200 appearances under Wenger.

Must be crap.

:rolleyes:

Jim44
18-01-2012, 04:39 PM
What was the name of the young guy who joined us from down south (Blackpool?) a few months ago. He was famous/infamous for the amount of tweeting he was doing at the time? How's he getting on?

AL-Qaholik
18-01-2012, 04:44 PM
What was the name of the young guy who joined us from down south (Blackpool?) a few months ago. He was famous/infamous for the amount of tweeting he was doing at the time? How's he getting on?

Adam Mitter, or summat like that.. 19 year old centre half?

Pretty Boy
18-01-2012, 04:57 PM

Adam Mitter.

Doing ok for the 19s I believe. One for the future.

KWJ
19-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Read this thread then turned on my FM where in 2020 I'm up against the Current Buns in the cup at Ibrox. Whose up front for them but Rhys Murphy.

2 goals in 16 starts for them btw. Not Hibs class.

6-0 win for the Hibees btw. 5.7 for Murphy. NEXT!

:wink:

frazeHFC
19-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Francombe is going out for dinner with Doyle, Towell, Rhys Murphy and Murphy's mate :agree:

No point in this post, just saying really. :greengrin

R'Albin
19-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Francombe is going out for dinner with Doyle, Towell, Rhys Murphy and Murphy's mate :agree:

Hope it's somewhere healthy :grr: :wink:

I hope Hibs weren't trying to keep Murphy being on trial quiet, if so Francombe has sorta given it away :greengrin

hibsboy90
19-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Nah Murphy is dining with Kyle Bartley tonight... Wotherspoon struggling to choose a film for tonight.

Hibs player tweets rarely get too exciting!

PeterboroHibee
19-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Hope it's somewhere healthy :grr: :wink:

I hope Hibs weren't trying to keep Murphy being on trial quiet, if so Francombe has sorta given it away :greengrin

Nothings ever kept quiet these days, as soon as anybody heres anything its up on twitter or facebook.

As for the meal thing, I follow quite a few of the Hibs players and it seems like they spend all of their time outside training in Nandos!

Aldo
19-01-2012, 05:24 PM
PF on STV sport saying he was hoping to keep that one quiet . Training with 1st team and bounce game V Partick on Mon.

Also confirmed Goodwin interest?

Brebners Bookie
19-01-2012, 05:43 PM

They all love George St too. Dave Obua is part of the furniture at shanghai. They're just more low profile than certain past hibs players when "p*ssing their talent up the wall" :wink: