PDA

View Full Version : Davie Weir leaves Rangers

Milandinho
17-01-2012, 02:22 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/294001-david-weir-to-leave-rangers/

Not sure if this has been posted already?

JimBHibees
17-01-2012, 02:27 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/294001-david-weir-to-leave-rangers/

Not sure if this has been posted already?

Can see him taking up some coaching role at Everton.

IWasThere2016
17-01-2012, 03:35 PM

DW stays in Lymm, Cheshire (lovely there), and will be looking for exactly that kind of role/location..

Bostonhibby
17-01-2012, 05:17 PM
DW stays in Lymm, Cheshire (lovely there), and will be looking for exactly that kind of role/location..

Either that or a cameo part in Still Game :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-01-2012, 05:20 PM
STV saying he will continue his career nearer to his home in England.

HibbyAndy
17-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Cheating hun barsteward.

KiddA
17-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Cheating hun barsteward.

:agree:

jdships
17-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Think you are correct , in fact was it not mentioned a few months ago he had approached David moyes asking to be considered for any job which came up ?

Always felt he was somewhat overated but full marks to the guy for playing so long .

weecounty hibby
17-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Think you are correct , in fact was it not mentioned a few months ago he had approached David moyes asking to be considered for any job which came up ?

Always felt he was somewhat overated but full marks to the guy for playing so long .

I think it was the other way round. I seem to remember Moyes mentioning him as a future coach at Everton. Either way I'm sure he will end up there.

Scouse Hibee
17-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I think it was the other way round. I seem to remember Moyes mentioning him as a future coach at Everton. Either way I'm sure he will end up there.

I hope he does, whatever folk think of him on the pitch, off it he is a nice guy to talk to and a model professional. I wish him well if he ends up at Everton except when against Liverpool :greengrin

Pretty Boy
17-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I hope he does, whatever folk think of him on the pitch, off it he is a nice guy to talk to and a model professional. I wish him well if he ends up at Everton except when against Liverpool :greengrin

This. Absolute dick on the park but a decent guy off it.

Got his break in the game the long way round after getting a scholarship in the US before a good while at Falkirk and Hearts before finally getting a.move to a big club.

Done well for himself and must be a good pro to still be playing at his age.

blueisthecolour
17-01-2012, 09:41 PM
231 games, 8 trophies and a European final.

Not bad for a guy who was a stop gap for 6 months.

HibbyAndy
17-01-2012, 09:44 PM
231 games, 8 trophies and a European final.

Not bad for a guy who was a stop gap for 6 months.

Aye but how many times has he grabbed an opponent by the neck right under the refs nose and got away with it?

blueisthecolour
17-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Aye but how many times has he grabbed an opponent by the neck right under the refs nose and got away with it?

You would take him in your team in a minute.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-01-2012, 09:52 PM
This. Absolute dick on the park but a decent guy off it.

Got his break in the game the long way round after getting a scholarship in the US before a good while at Falkirk and Hearts before finally getting a.move to a big club.

Done well for himself and must be a good pro to still be playing at his age.

Alex Miller had all but signed him for hibs, until Fat Jim Knew step in and hijacked the deal, old pals act from Falkirk.

HibbyAndy
17-01-2012, 09:54 PM

:hilarious

Vermaelhan and Kompany id have in my team.Not an ageing cheating hun bassa.

blueisthecolour
17-01-2012, 09:57 PM
:hilarious

Vermaelhan and Kompany id have in my team.Not an ageing cheating hun bassa.

Would you pick hibs regular c/b or drop one for DW?

HibbyAndy
17-01-2012, 09:59 PM

Id have DS in ahead of SOH to partner PH.

HibbyAndy
17-01-2012, 10:00 PM

Weir hasnae kicked a baw aw season so he wouldnae be getting anywhere near a hibs 11.

blueisthecolour
17-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Weir hasnae kicked a baw aw season so he wouldnae be getting anywhere near a hibs 11.

Hibs players haven't kicked a ball all season, he would walk in top to the team imo, his experience would be invaluable to the hibs team at the moment, I don't think Wilson, Cuellar, or Bougherra would have made Rangers the amount of money they did without the help of Davie weir.

HibbyAndy
17-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Hibs players haven't kicked a ball all season, he would walk in top to the team imo, his experience would be invaluable to the hibs team at the moment, I don't think Wilson, Cuellar, or Bougherra would have made Rangers the amount of money they did without the help of Davie weir.

And your lot havent kicked a baw since Jelavic couldnae keep his big trap shut aboot having the league in the bag when 12 points clear.

blueisthecolour
18-01-2012, 04:25 PM
And your lot havent kicked a baw since Jelavic couldnae keep his big trap shut aboot having the league in the bag when 12 points clear.

This is true, but we are grinding out results most weeks, and are only 2 pts off top spot.

frazeHFC
18-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Who cares?

Sooner i forget that cheating little hun the better.

lyonhibs
18-01-2012, 05:12 PM

Interesting assertion, but no I wouldn't.

The man is 41 years old for god sake, he's slower than a week in jail and this saying that one could apply to Sauzee, Bobby Moore, Ronald Koeman of "he makes up for that yard (or in Weir's case, 5) with his brain" simply doesn't apply.

The past season or 2, when he was playing relatively regularly, watching him against decent opposition, even top 6 SPL teams on occasion was like watching a racehorse try to complete The Grand National with three legs and chronic myopia. Now he has played all of once this season - I'd be surprised if he doesn't have to inject castor oil directly into his joints just to avoid falling to bits when he breaks out into a run.

A model pro and great defender in his day, but a cheating, ancient Hun bassa nowadays.

Thanks, but no thanks.