PDA

View Full Version : U19's v Airdire

007 Mickey Weir
16-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Just read on hibess Bounce that the youg guns beat Airdrie's 1st team 4-3 through there.

Team -

horne, donaldson, mitter, verth, lancaster, monaghan, gold, horribine, stanton, handling, caldwell Subs addison, smith, doris

Goals - Caldwell 2, Addision and Smith

:flag:

Hibby cal
16-01-2012, 09:43 PM
The boy Caldwell seems a good prospect
Maybe worth a wee run in the first team.
:pfgwa

Mixu62
16-01-2012, 11:18 PM
A young Hibs line-up with a Stanton in it? That's a good omen!! :greengrin

since90plustwo
17-01-2012, 12:08 AM
dougie horne, 5 years time hibs keeper. no doubt about it

lapsedhibee
17-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Luvin the typo in the title - it's how I've always thought of that whole club.

RIP
17-01-2012, 06:05 AM
They played Alloa recently - no?

Have they always played SFL teams at points in the season or is this a new development to fast track the young players?

007 Mickey Weir
17-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Hee hee mistake but works

Future17
17-01-2012, 01:33 PM
I hope PF was there to have a look at the young players and AU's Ryan Donnelly.

JimBHibees
17-01-2012, 01:38 PM
The boy Caldwell seems a good prospect
Maybe worth a wee run in the first team.
:pfgwa

Was there any truth in the rumour that Caldwell has signed a pre-contract with Rangers, think I saw it mentioned on the Bounce site.

oconnors_strip
17-01-2012, 08:37 PM
They played Alloa recently - no?

Have they always played SFL teams at points in the season or is this a new development to fast track the young players?

yes they played alloa last weekend and beat them 5-1. no they havent always played SFL teams during their winter break but to keep their match fitness up and stop the players getting bored james mcdonagh has arranged these games. but it could also fast track the players into the first team or also let other managers see them and perhaps get them on loan for rest of season.

i was there last night and they played well but lacked concentration at times to leak in 2 of the goals. could have easily stepped up a gear aswell

the lads play edinburgh city next wednesday evening, kick off tbc.

BEEJ
17-01-2012, 08:54 PM
yes they played alloa last weekend and beat them 5-1. no they havent always played SFL teams during their winter break but to keep their match fitness up and stop the players getting bored james mcdonagh has arranged these games. but it could also fast track the players into the first team or also let other managers see them and perhaps get them on loan for rest of season.

i was there last night and they played well but lacked concentration at times to leak in 2 of the goals. could have easily stepped up a gear aswell

the lads play edinburgh city next wednesday evening, kick off tbc.
Nicky, were the Alloa and Airdrie sides in these friendlies near enough first team line-ups?

oconnors_strip
17-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Nicky, were the Alloa and Airdrie sides in these friendlies near enough first team line-ups?

alloa had a couple of trialists but apart from that was first team. airdrie had a few young looking lads but their squad is young anyway