PDA

View Full Version : Yams Mad Vlad on Reporting Scotland Tomorrow (Tuesday) Night

Paisley Hibby
16-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Just heard it. Sorry if posted elsewhere, Should be fun!

Nando™
16-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Are they showing it at the Lothian Road Odeon?

Hibercelona
16-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Who's he going boxing with this time? :take that

Paisley Hibby
16-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Who's he going boxing with this time? :take that

They said that he will be giving an interview. Like I said, should be fun :wink:

Spike Mandela
16-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Wonder if the words monkey or mafia will get mentioned.:greengrin

Eyrie
16-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Live from The Stand?

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 08:16 PM
He's taken over the Queen production at the dominion theatre London, and renamed it We will **** you.

blaikie
16-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Its the mowgil ...

Saorsa
16-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Live from The Stand?Nah! They've no built that yet :greengrin

It's still at the planning stage :hilarious

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/lol.jpg

Jack
16-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Sergio was on Sportscene, the mad ones on the news tomorrow?

What happened to the media blackout?

I'm confused, or missed the climb down.

Sergy Pie
16-01-2012, 08:19 PM
The guys a flange

hibbymac
16-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Thought the Club didn't deal with the Media Monkeys.

Sergio on Sportscene, now Vlad on reporting Scotland, hmmmm ....... have they got something to sell?

Edit, oops, you just beat me to it Jack :wink:

PatHead
16-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Call it a co-incidence but he is appearing on Reporting Scotland on the day he is paying his wages a day late. Wonder if he is hoping they get a fine so he can have a mega rant.

Bostonhibby
16-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Probably doing the weather forecast, in a frogman suit.

killie-hibby
16-01-2012, 11:54 PM
If he is interviewed by any of the usual Sportsound/Sportscene pundits/presenters/commentators dont bother watching. None of them have the ability to challenge interviewees or formulate searching questions. The interview will have a good news for Hearts spin.

PaulSmith
17-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Vlad to stay now at hearts.

Www1875hfc
17-01-2012, 06:53 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16587999.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Part/Time Supporter
17-01-2012, 07:14 AM

He's probably saying this now because he hasn't received what he would call a serious offer. All the chat from various well-to-do Yams has been along the lines of "Vlad would need to write off almost all the debt and give us the club", rather than him getting any money for it.

It's like with the players (now we're in the transfer window), he now thinks that he has to portray an image of being okay financially to get a decent offer. Whereas for the last few months they have been giving the impression they were on their last legs and would let everyone go (if they didn't walk first).

It's probably got more to do with what the finances are (or aren't) of Ukio Bankas / UBIG. A couple of months ago they were in real trouble as investors thought there was a risk they could go bust, as another Lithuanian bank (Snoras) did. Judging by the share price, Ukio seems to have stabilised since then. I think it will have access to funding from the stability fund (which was downgraded yesterday) since mid-December.

Spike Mandela
17-01-2012, 09:09 AM
He makes it up as he goes along! Fatty Foulkes won't know what to say in an interview from one day to the next:faf:

bighairyfaeleith
17-01-2012, 09:26 AM
quality keep on racking up the debt vlad:greengrin

HFC 0-7
17-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Did he not really have to come out and say that he will still provide backing for the club? If he kept the 'I wont be putting another penny in' they are no longer a going concern and are trading illegally? Something like that anyway. Caversham would clear it up though.

Jones28
17-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Luckily for us the SPL will not change to suit Vlad :agree:

Twa Cairpets
17-01-2012, 10:30 AM
He told BBC Scotland he wants changes to the structure of the game and how the media portray him and the club.

Ah, the old "stop being mean to me and I'll play" ploy.

Stop being a completely insane, ranting, insulting plum who gives safe haven to the likes of Craig Thomson and you might find you dont get treated as a megalomaniacal ethic-free screwball.

Caversham Green
17-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Did he not really have to come out and say that he will still provide backing for the club? If he kept the 'I wont be putting another penny in' they are no longer a going concern and are trading illegally? Something like that anyway. Caversham would clear it up though.

Quite right. Auditors have to make a judgement on whether the company they're auditing is a going concern or not - that is, whether it is likely to be able to meet its financial obligations for the 12 months following the signing of the audit report. In the past few years they've said that HoMFC depends on funding from its parents for this, but because UBIG's accounts were withheld from them they couldn't make a judgement on UBIG's ability to support them. Mr Romanov made a statement recently that funding was no longer being provided, so the uncertainty fudge was no longer available to the auditors - they would be forced to conclude that the club was no longer a going concern. If they're not a going concern, they cannot legally incur any sort of liability including wages - they have no legal choice but to close down.

Even now, I'll be interested to see what the auditors will have to say when the accounts are finally issued - many firms would have considered resigning the moment Mr Romanov made his statement.

Scouse Hibee
17-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I do hope his English is good enough for everyone!

Andy74
17-01-2012, 12:20 PM
His bank branch finally opened in Edinburgh today. This might have a littke something to do with all this.

bighairyfaeleith
17-01-2012, 12:28 PM
His bank branch finally opened in Edinburgh today. This might have a littke something to do with all this.

:greengrin no way I would bank with them!!

Gatecrasher
17-01-2012, 12:34 PM
My question is, if Hearts finish 3rd, will they be allowed into Europe with the new financial fair play rules?

doddsy
17-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Couldnt care less if mad vlad stays or goes, as long as he gets no access to public council funds or favours from the sfa, im soooo boooooooord of mad vlad, gaun the cabbage and ribs a really tasty football club that is magic to be a part of.

nribs
17-01-2012, 12:45 PM
So bored you have to start a new thread about him? :confused:

Dinkydoo
17-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I knew it. :wink:

doddsy
17-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Quite a boring reply with no real point to it nribs

nribs
17-01-2012, 12:49 PM
:yawn:
Quite a boring reply with no real point to it nribs

Spike Mandela
17-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Vlad's recent financial cash flow problems are a good advert for a bank after all.:rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
17-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Quite right. Auditors have to make a judgement on whether the company they're auditing is a going concern or not - that is, whether it is likely to be able to meet its financial obligations for the 12 months following the signing of the audit report. In the past few years they've said that HoMFC depends on funding from its parents for this, but because UBIG's accounts were withheld from them they couldn't make a judgement on UBIG's ability to support them. Mr Romanov made a statement recently that funding was no longer being provided, so the uncertainty fudge was no longer available to the auditors - they would be forced to conclude that the club was no longer a going concern. If they're not a going concern, they cannot legally incur any sort of liability including wages - they have no legal choice but to close down.

Even now, I'll be interested to see what the auditors will have to say when the accounts are finally issued - many firms would have considered resigning the moment Mr Romanov made his statement.

I did think Vlad was being a bit stupid when he publicly withdrew his funding as this would mean the club would have difficulty buying anything from businesses unless paying up front. If UBIG's accounts are bad what does that mean for the auditors signing off on Hearts accounts?

jonty
17-01-2012, 01:47 PM
SPL board meeting tonight too. Wonder if he'll have a rant at the monkeys :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2012, 02:25 PM
No, entertaining Vlad.

He's not paid those muppets again, and now he's flying in to be on Reporting Scotland tonight.

C'mon, be fair, what more can the man do?

Caversham Green
17-01-2012, 03:46 PM
I did think Vlad was being a bit stupid when he publicly withdrew his funding as this would mean the club would have difficulty buying anything from businesses unless paying up front. If UBIG's accounts are bad what does that mean for the auditors signing off on Hearts accounts?

If UBIG's accounts are bad then they don't have the means to support HoMFC, so that also means HoMFC are not a going concern. That could be why the accounts were withheld in previous years. It also puts the auditors in a difficult ethical position regarding their own fees because they know the client is not a going concern, so they shouldn't incur costs unless they are underwritten by a third party.

Greentinted
17-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I do hope his English is good enough for everyone!

:tee hee:

Lofarl
17-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I heard he cycled through a red light to get there on time.

Cropley10
17-01-2012, 04:52 PM

Really?! I thought he'd been denied a license. Surely to goodness the tiny wee Bank of Ukio isn't going to be allowed to accept deposits of cash.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Really?! I thought he'd been denied a license. Surely to goodness the tiny wee Bank of Ukio isn't going to be allowed to accept deposits of cash.

Who would be daft enough to deposit money in that bank, apart from :jamboclow:jamboclow:vladsheep::vladsheep:

MSK
17-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Who would be daft enough to deposit money in that bank, apart from :jamboclow:jamboclow:vladsheep::vladsheep:Can see all the yammy Vlad bum boys gathering outside Lith bank hq wi their piggy banks & giro's....SUCKERS ..

GreenCastle
17-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Surely it will just be this interview - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16587999.stm which was covered in today's news ?

Since it was recorded and the BBC used the story today.

greenlex
17-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Surely it will just be this interview - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16587999.stm which was covered in today's news ?

Since it was recorded and the BBC used the story today.

Almost certainly.
Deluded leader for the deluded. I bet he is beating all the buyers off with a big syick.

Paisley Hibby
17-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Just heard it. Sorry if posted elsewhere, Should be fun!

What a total waste of TV Licence payers' money that exclusive "interview" was :rolleyes:

I guess the fat bloke that did the "interview" just fancied a wee all expenses paid trip to Lithuania to meet his idol.

tamsonsbairn
17-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Wait a minuite, he has paid diddly squat taxes to the hmrc. That money is deducted from the players salary, therefore it is the players that have paid the taxes, all romanoff has done is collect it on behalf of the players and staff and sent it on to the hmrc. This guy's arrogance is unbelievable. :confused: :agree:.

CropleyWasGod
17-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Wait a minuite, he has paid diddly squat taxes to the hmrc. That money is deducted from the players salary, therefore it is the players that have paid the taxes, all romanoff has done is collect it on behalf of the players and staff and sent it on to the hmrc. This guy's arrogance is unbelievable. :confused: :agree:.

Employer's National Insurance :wink:

Eyrie
17-01-2012, 08:51 PM
If UBIG's accounts are bad then they don't have the means to support HoMFC, so that also means HoMFC are not a going concern. That could be why the accounts were withheld in previous years. It also puts the auditors in a difficult ethical position regarding their own fees because they know the client is not a going concern, so they shouldn't incur costs unless they are underwritten by a third party.
If the auditors were denied access to the UBIG accounts then why would they accept that UBIG is able to financially support Hearts? Or did they qualify their audit report on Hearts each year due to the uncertainty?

wpj
17-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Who would be daft enough to deposit money in that bank, apart from :jamboclow:jamboclow:vladsheep::vladsheep:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120116/our-official-credit-card_2241384_2578830

:hmmm:

The_Todd
17-01-2012, 09:03 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120116/our-official-credit-card_2241384_2578830

It's not Ukio: "The Heart of Midlothian credit card is issued by MBNA Europe Bank Limited, a Bank of America company. Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England number 2783251."

So the official HMFC credit card doesn't even come from Vlads bank.

nonshinyfinish
17-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I bet he is beating all the buyers off

:eek:

And still they won't cough up £50m, what more can he do?

PapillonVert
17-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Quite. Exactly the thought which went through my mind.

And then I remembered that Vlad is the archetypal megalomaniac and so he will in his mind consider that it is "his" money he is handing over to HMRC!

tamsonsbairn
17-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Employer's National Insurance :wink:

So does that mean he has paid £30 million in employers contributions since he took over. The way i read it, i thought it was referring to income tax. :rolleyes:

greenlex
17-01-2012, 11:27 PM
So does that mean he has paid £30 million in employers contributions since he took over. The way i read it, i thought it was referring to income tax. :rolleyes:
Nae wonder he cannae afford their wages. :greengrin

PatHead
17-01-2012, 11:34 PM
At the risk of being seen defending him he will also have VAT

Topographic Hibby
17-01-2012, 11:43 PM
At the risk of being seen defending him he will also have VAT...but once again, he is merely collecting it from someone else, ie purchases from the club, then forwarding the net figure to HMRC. Given the nature of a football club, most VAT will be on ticket and merchandising sales, so its the supporters that have paid the VAT, not Vlad. A football club wont buy too many things with VAT on them, so the VAT due to HMRC is largely made up of the fans money. As is the case with most business, you could argue that Vlad is simply acting as HMRCs collector/banker for VAT money due to them.

As a tax-payer, and an employee of the Public Service that is sorely dependant on tax receipts, that prospect fills me with a certain amount of horror.....

greenginger
18-01-2012, 12:11 AM
What a total waste of TV Licence payers' money that exclusive "interview" was :rolleyes:

I guess the fat bloke that did the "interview" just fancied a wee all expenses paid trip to Lithuania to meet his idol.

I wonder if the reporter had the brains to take a taxi down to U B I G 's head office in Kaunus. Its at Number 60 Donelaicio Str.

It looks like a tin hut on Google Earth. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
18-01-2012, 02:11 AM
I wonder if the reporter had the brains to take a taxi down to U B I G 's head office in Kaunus. Its at Number 60 Donelaicio Str.

Tin! Eee, that were luxury, that were.

Jack
18-01-2012, 07:35 AM

Surely it would be an aluminum hut?

Barney McGrew
18-01-2012, 07:44 AM

I wonder how they'd react if you were late with your payments to it every month. Could you use the Hertz excuse of 'the cheque's in the post'? Clearly any action the took against you for being late would be part of a media/SPL/SFA/Hibs conspiracy.

But no doubt we wouldn't understand since that's how supporters of all big clubs will operate :agree:

The Falcon
18-01-2012, 07:49 AM
At the risk of being seen defending him he will also have VAT

By this reckoning how much will Tom Farmer have paid in all taxes over his tears in business? Be a sight more than £30m I would wager.

Anybody else think that Vlad's gonna do a Kaunus with the Yams?

Jack
18-01-2012, 08:00 AM
By this reckoncing how much will Tom Farmer have paid in all taxes over his tears in business? Be a sight more than £30m I would wager.

I think that's exactly what he's upto.

I typed something up yesterday along these lines but it was a bit more waffley than usual so didn't post.

It's very much along the lines of I'll torpedo the yams unless I get more say in running the SPL.

I'm_cabbaged
18-01-2012, 08:02 AM
By this reckoning how much will Tom Farmer have paid in all taxes over his tears in business? Be a sight more than £30m I would wager.

Aye, did he not start demanding that the "corrupt" Lithuanian FA change rulings or he was going to withdraw the team from the league, which he duly did............

I'm_cabbaged
18-01-2012, 08:05 AM
I think that's exactly what he's upto.

I typed something up yesterday along these lines but it was a bit more waffley than usual so didn't post.

It's very much along the lines of I'll torpedo the yams unless I get more say in running the SPL.

This wasn't up when I was posting, agree 100%. :agree:

bingo70
18-01-2012, 08:05 AM
all the dumbos bleating about maffias and conspiracies is really grating on me, you'd think i'd be used to it by now but why exactly do they think they should be immune from punishment when it's their own players that have made the complaint?

To cater for their ego's for a second, hertz are one of the biggest clubs in the country so the last thing the SPL want to be doing is highlighting the fact even one of our big clubs is struggling, i'm sure if they could brush it under the carpet they would.

that lot are totally bonkers.

Kato
18-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Aye, did he not start demanding that the "corrupt" Lithuanian FA change rulings or he was going to withdraw the team from the league, which he duly did............

He wanted to select referees for games in the Lithuanian League.

It's not Monkey's and Mafia's he's against only Monkey's and Mafia's that don't include him. If it's his Monkey's and his Mafia then he's perfectly happy.

Caversham Green
18-01-2012, 08:25 AM
If the auditors were denied access to the UBIG accounts then why would they accept that UBIG is able to financially support Hearts? Or did they qualify their audit report on Hearts each year due to the uncertainty?

Yes to the second bit. They can't say for certain that UBIG was unable to support the yams, all they can say is that they don't know whether they are or not. Seeing a 'bad' set of UBIG accounts would remove the uncertainty and they would have to give a more heavily qualified report.

greenginger
18-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes to the second bit. They can't say for certain that UBIG was unable to support the yams, all they can say is that they don't know whether they are or not. Seeing a 'bad' set of UBIG accounts would remove the uncertainty and they would have to give a more heavily qualified report.

There was a post on here about a week ago, from Truehiberian I think, saying he had information on some seriously bad news for the Yams but could not reveal it.

Nothing of apocalyptic has happened yet, and I'm just wondering if he'd heard through the business community that the Yams accountants were not willing to sign off any accounts after Vlad's statement that he was not going to provide anymore funds for the Club.

Que, BBC summoned to Kaunus to report a half -hearted statement from Vlad that he might change his mind and invest more money in the Club.

Did anyone else think Vlad was looking a bit old and tired in the interview. Time to step aside old man, and let young Roman loose on those Yam shareholders who he has a score to settle with. :aok:

PatHead
18-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Think I'll phone Hearts, tell them I want a ticket for the derby but won't give them the money until the Tuesday or Wednesday after the game due to the length of time it takes for it to clear the Bank. See how they like it!

Caversham Green
18-01-2012, 01:07 PM
There was a post on here about a week ago, from Truehiberian I think, saying he had information on some seriously bad news for the Yams but could not reveal it.

Nothing of apocalyptic has happened yet, and I'm just wondering if he'd heard through the business community that the Yams accountants were not willing to sign off any accounts after Vlad's statement that he was not going to provide anymore funds for the Club.

Que, BBC summoned to Kaunus to report a half -hearted statement from Vlad that he might change his mind and invest more money in the Club.

Did anyone else think Vlad was looking a bit old and tired in the interview. Time to step aside old man, and let young Roman loose on those Yam shareholders who he has a score to settle with. :aok:

That's a distinct possibility. A 'not a going concern' qualification gives the auditor massive technical and ethical problems, to the extent that you're unlikely to ever see one. HoMFC's auditors would IMO have to have given serious thought to resigning after Vlad's statement.

Caversham Green
18-01-2012, 01:11 PM
all the dumbos bleating about maffias and conspiracies is really grating on me, you'd think i'd be used to it by now but why exactly do they think they should be immune from punishment when it's their own players that have made the complaint?

To cater for their ego's for a second, hertz are one of the biggest clubs in the country so the last thing the SPL want to be doing is highlighting the fact even one of our big clubs is struggling, i'm sure if they could brush it under the carpet they would.

that lot are totally bonkers.

What gets me is the air of smug triumphalism because their club just about managed to carry out a task that every other club in Scotland treats as routine.

It's high sixes all round down Gorgie way because HoMFC managed to pay their players nearly on time for the first time in four months.

JimBHibees
18-01-2012, 01:14 PM
What gets me is the air of smug triumphalism because their club just about managed to carry out a task that every other club in Scotland treats as routine.

It's high sixes all round down Gorgie way because HoMFC managed to pay their players nearly on time for the first time in four months.

:greengrin :faf:

allezsauzee
18-01-2012, 01:21 PM
It's a pity the wages have been paid, I've got a bedroom needing painted and i've heard that Blackie's rates are very reasonable.

Bostonhibby
18-01-2012, 09:43 PM
He wanted to select referees for games in the Lithuanian League.

It's not Monkey's and Mafia's he's against only Monkey's and Mafia's that don't include him. If it's his Monkey's and his Mafia then he's perfectly happy.

Surely the answers got to be a Subbuteo box for xmas? he can put all the players where he wants, he can move the wee ref aboot, he can even be the refs voice and whistle. If he disnae like anything thats happening he can just snap the ref at the ankles and throw his base away, You get to win giant trophies as well, the are about 20 times bigger than the players and he can keep all the wee men in his pocket:greengrin oh wait a minute, he's done that already.

Green and white
18-01-2012, 10:05 PM
wouldn't watch the muck if they were at the bottom of the garden, never mind that idiotic moron.