PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray-Darts

18/03/07
16-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Not seen any posts about yesterday's event,I could not make it,but would like to hear people's comments/posts on it

machibby
16-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Great afternoon, we drank the corn exchange out of lager. The only down side was having that complete and utter jambo f*** ewan cameron there. that and being stuck on a table with a blue nose darts fan.

.Sean.
16-01-2012, 01:08 PM
From what I remember, it was outstanding! :greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
16-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Great day was had. Ewan Cameron did what was expected. Turned up with Hearts top and scarf and slagged off Hibs. I think we could have given him more back but didn't effect my enjoyment of a great day out.

IFONLY
16-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Excellent day, great laugh and a good opportunity to meet the dart players and the contingent of Hibs players.

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Great day was had. Ewan Cameron did what was expected. Turned up
with Hearts top and scarf and slagged off Hibs. I think we could have given him more back but didn't effect my enjoyment of a great day out.

ffs, he looks dippit enough without wearing a horrible dark pink top with a stupid looking turquoise box on it

Thecat23
16-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Did Lewis turn up? Wish i could have gone sounds like it was a good day/night.

jodjam
16-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Did Lewis turn up? Wish i could have gone sounds like it was a good day/night.

Aye Adrian Lewis turned up. Seems a decent lad and happy to pose for photos.

hibbymac
16-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Great day was had. Ewan Cameron did what was expected. Turned up with Hearts top and scarf and slagged off Hibs. I think we could have given him more back but didn't effect my enjoyment of a great day out.

:agree: Great day, surprised Cameron never had a beer bottle bounce off his napper, there's banter, but his closing speech was nothing to do with Ian and the reason we were all there, more just a GIRUY hibs and enjoy the 1st div. :jamboclow

Thecat23
16-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Aye Adrian Lewis turned up. Seems a decent lad and happy to pose for photos.

Cheers bud, I actually like Lewis. A lot of folk can't stand him but he seems alright.

.Sean.
16-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Cheers bud, I actually like Lewis. A lot of folk can't stand him but he seems alright.
I managed to get backstage and I was chatting away with him a good 5 minutes. Really nice guy and had time for everyone :agree:

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Did Murray, Hart and O'Hanlon manage to get from oche to dartboard in a reasonable time for the purposes of arrow retrieval, or did the afternoon drag on forever?

RoxburghHibs
16-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Was a great afternoon! I actually thought Ewan was a good sport turning up as the bad guy - took all the abuse on the chin :-D

Spoke to Graeme Stack (briefly) and have to say he seemed like a decent fella!

Albion Hibs
16-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Was a great day, well organised and run. It would be fair to say that I was delighted at my choice to take today off work, dont think there is any chance I could have managed. Left me plenty of time today to get on with a bit of housework to try and get back in the mrs good books following my auction expenditure which pleased her very little!

Thought that Ewan Cameron was actually quite good, took plenty of abuse and got the crowd going, fair play to him.

Well done to Ian and the testimonial committee.

18/03/07
16-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Did Roughie beat Cameron? Also did Anderson beat Lewis?

machibby
16-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Sadly Roughie lost 2-1 to Cameron and Lewis destroyed Anderson.

Green7
16-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Great Afternoon overall, they ran out of carling but good to see the legends including Bristow. That twat Cameron got off lightly imo, from what I could see nobody really gave him a hard time.....

macca70
16-01-2012, 07:07 PM

I thought Roughie won, although I can barely remember getting home never mind any of the darts.

Capt Mainwaring
16-01-2012, 07:47 PM

Are you sure -I thought Roughie won!

A great day and a well run event with a great turnout.

Thought Cameron turned out to be the unfunny, ungracious tit that we knew he was.

Not once did he use the opportunity to mention Ian Murray or thank everyone for supporting the event -he just rambled on thinking he was being funny and providing us with "banter".

I did think he was in danger of being pulled into the crowd or having a bottle lobbed in his direction!

machibby
16-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Are you sure -I thought Roughie won!

A great day and a well run event with a great turnout.

Thought Cameron turned out to be the unfunny, ungracious tit that we knew he was.

Not once did he use the opportunity to mention Ian Murray or thank everyone for supporting the event -he just rambled on thinking he was being funny and providing us with "banter".

I did think he was in danger of being pulled into the crowd or having a bottle lobbed in his direction!

You could be right, perhaps it was that smug grin on camerons face that stuck in my mind and left me with the memory he'd won. It's been a while since I've drunk to that sort of excess. Fantastic day, although as you say Cameron's so called banter was poor, would imagine one of the player considered lamping him one after his jibes about only being good enough for the 1st div. Anyhow well done to the guys who organised a brilliant event.

Thecat23
16-01-2012, 09:25 PM
I managed to get backstage and I was chatting away with him a good 5 minutes. Really nice guy and had time for everyone :agree:

Really wish i had gone now. Sounds like everyone had a good time and the players were really sound.

big-mo
16-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Glad everyone enjoyed the day, Lewis, Anderson and Bristow all mentioned how much they enjoyed themselves. Graham Stack and Ivan Sproule also had a great time (see Stack's FaceBook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001392520274 ).
The crowd of over 500 that turned up also made it a great day. The MC was also a top bloke and got the crowd going and helped generate a tremendous atmosphere.
The only down side was Cameron going a bit over the top, but well done to him for putting himself in the dragons den. You may have heard him on the Real Radio breakfast show this morning talking about the day, they also played a number of clips recorded on the day, including the bit where he was introduced to the crowd, the Real Radio's buzzer was working overtime with the 500 Hibees shouting something like 'You Hearts xxxxxxx, You Hearts xxxxxxxx". The second part of his report on the day will be played around about 8:45 tomorrow.

Luke Chanley also managed to get some good coverage and footage on last night Sky Sports News. Well done Luke

One of the winners of the Sun's competition paid £600 in the auction to play World Champion Adrian Lewis, the lad who was a farm worker, went on to beat Lewis 2-1 (301 v 501) but well done to the lad.

The_Famous_HFC
17-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a good day.

.Sean.
17-01-2012, 07:45 PM
They're talking about the darts on the Real Radio phone in. At the time I was rather merry so never thought much of what Cameron said - Listening to it back, what an ungracious Hearts bawbag. Wish i'd not now shook his hand backstage, i'll be dipping it in a bathtub of Dettol.

'You Hertz Bassa, You Hertz bassa!'