PDA

View Full Version : Garry ban?

JimBHibees
16-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Anyone know which game he will miss after getting his 5th booking on Saturday.

Golden Bear
16-01-2012, 10:51 AM

Looks like it will be the away fixture against Rangers on the 28th January.

Things might transpire that he's banned from playing against us :wink:

JimBHibees
16-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Looks like it will be the away fixture against Rangers on the 28th January.

Things might transpire that he's banned from playing against us :wink:

Yep might work out for the best. :greengrin

MB62
16-01-2012, 11:11 AM

BTW, it may well have been a abit of theatrical collapse from him but it was still a penalty and NEVER a booking.

scoopyboy
16-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I thought it was 6 bookings for a ban.

They keep shifting the goalposts with bookings / points values / all the same value its hard to keep up.

I thought all bookings were now equal and it is 6 of them for a suspension.

Golden Bear
16-01-2012, 11:20 AM

They keep shifting the goalposts with bookings / points values / all the same value its hard to keep up.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/293824-rangers-now-worst-offenders-13-players-close-to-bans-spl-disciplinary-watch/

Bayern Bru
16-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Watching the penalty back on Sportscene, I'm not so sure it's a theatrical dive. Seen a few others saying this last night, watched it back this morning and the way the Pars defender fouls him, he can't physically keep himself up right. So it's not even as if he throws himself dramatically to the turf.

Hang your head in shame, Muir.

JimBHibees
16-01-2012, 11:43 AM
BTW, it may well have been a abit of theatrical collapse from him but it was still a penalty and NEVER a booking.

Agree completely. An OF player would never have been booked in the same circumstances. No doubt the ref will be bragging about it to Craig Thomson etc at training this week.

JimBHibees
16-01-2012, 11:51 AM

Yep you are right they are all the same now thought it was 5 bookings for a ban though seems he does have 6 and will miss Ibrox. Interesting that Hanlon, Ivan and Ossy are one booking away from a game ban also.

Didnt realise Ossy had so many.

greenginger
16-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Watching the penalty back on Sportscene, I'm not so sure it's a theatrical dive. Seen a few others saying this last night, watched it back this morning and the way the Pars defender fouls him, he can't physically keep himself up right. So it's not even as if he throws himself dramatically to the turf.

Hang your head in shame, Muir.

Can we not get the compliance officer to review the incident and maybe offer the Ref the option of a two match ban for making an offensive gesture ( waving yellow card at player for no legitimate reason ) :greengrin

Sir David Gray
16-01-2012, 12:57 PM
It's definitely 6 bookings for a ban, according to the SFA website.

Which is why I can't understand why Sean O'Hanlon was suspended for Saturday when he had only got 5 bookings this season.

JimBHibees
16-01-2012, 12:59 PM
It's definitely 6 bookings for a ban, according to the SFA website.

Which is why I can't understand why Sean O'Hanlon was suspended for Saturday when he had only got 5 bookings this season.

Says 6 on the stv site.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Says 5 on here.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/search.sd?search=Sean+O%27Hanlon&type=player

Also says 5 here, too, if you look at every single match and check "bookings".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/results/default.stm

The St Johnstone away match from November says that Hanlon was booked but that's a mistake and if you go into the match update thing, you'll see that it was actually O'Hanlon that was booked.

Would be interested to see which matches the STV site is saying that O'Hanlon got his yellow cards in. :confused:

Saorsa
16-01-2012, 01:25 PM
BTW, it may well have been a abit of theatrical collapse from him but it was still a penalty and NEVER a booking.Agree, and that's the 2nd booking he's had for diving when he clearly hasnae. It's ridiculous that we could be without our top scorer (if he's still here that is) because of incompetence and the dreadful standard of refereeing in this country.

Sergeant Hibs
16-01-2012, 10:19 PM
He's had 3 bookings for diving (Aberdeen, Caley, Dunfermline) none of them were dives he got a penalty againsy St Johnstone that was a dive and he wasnt banned the spl officials are a ****ing joke

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2012, 10:30 PM
He's had 3 bookings for diving (Aberdeen, Caley, Dunfermline) none of them were dives he got a penalty againsy St Johnstone that was a dive and he wasnt banned the spl officials are a ****ing joke

was it ?:confused: he was declared innocent by an independent review panel :confused:

500miles
16-01-2012, 10:34 PM
was it ?:confused: he was declared innocent by an independent review panel :confused:

AND the video evidence showed contact. Minimal - but enough to invite the striker to go down if he wants the penalty.