PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene - WTF!

basehibby
15-01-2012, 09:50 PM
WTF is the point of Rob McLean - highlights up from the game vs Pars - does he even mention the controversial penalty incident - does he even ask for comment from Sergio about any of the goals??? NO - total waste of space!

Sas_The_Hibby
15-01-2012, 09:57 PM
WTF is the point of Rob McLean - highlights up from the game vs Pars - does he even mention the controversial penalty incident - does he even ask for comment from Sergio about any of the goals??? NO - total waste of space!

He asked Sergio about the importance of the result for Hibs and Sergio waffled on for ages about the importance of rivalry in football, without mentioning anything about the game, so I suspect they just ran out of time, TBH. Still they certainly would have gone on about it had it been Celtic or Rangers who'd been denied a blatant penalty.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-01-2012, 09:59 PM

Just about to post the same thing!

To summarise, "so, hibs and hearts play in the same city....... That's a kinda talking point"

Bravo, that's the kind of hard hitting journalism that we need to get to the bottom of the big issues in Scottish football.

They didn't even discuss anything to do with the game!

Why is there such a hearts love-in with the BBC right now? Between this show tonight and the radio on saturday it's getting beyond a joke.

R'Albin
15-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Just about to post the same thing!

To summarise, "so, hibs and hearts play in the same city....... That's a kinda talking point"

Bravo, that's the kind of hard hitting journalism that we need to get to the bottom of the big issues in Scottish football.

They didn't even discuss anything to do with the game!

Why is there such a hearts love-in with the BBC right now? Between this show tonight and the radio on saturday it's getting beyond a joke.

:agree:

Every year they pick a team that they love and hate. This year we are definately the ones that they hate, so much bias in the BBC it's unreal!

Jones28
15-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Sportscene is getting worse and worse, why dont they do the same as MOTD, have a fairly regular panel with the occassional guest pundit. IIRC, we've Paolo Sergio, Cilian Sheridan, Jim Goodwin, John Rankin, Cragi Levein and Peter Houstan in the past few weeks. Whats wrong with having Pat Nevin as a regular?

Carheenlea
15-01-2012, 10:12 PM
The two flagship sports shows on BBC Scotland (Sportsound and Sportscene) have deteriorated at an alarming rate over the last few years.

It`s a real shame to have two once decent programmes now reduced to absolute garbage.

Spike Mandela
15-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Interesting to hear Rob MacLean being a salesman for Hearts when Sergio was waffling about people thinking they can pick up Hearts players cheap on last day. Rob says "so you won't get players for free". A real journalist would have asked him "what will you do then if nobody offers big money for your players?". Lightweight.

Bishop Hibee
15-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Sergio makes Csaba seem like a mute. Joke of a program. Only watched it as the computer was in use.

SteveHFC
15-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Sportscene is *****.

Rob McLean is a ****.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Absolute drivel.

MacLean makes a throwaway comment about Hibs and Hearts being "enemies" and Sergio goes on a rant about how they're not enemies, he doesn't have enemies in football and they only have a "rivality" (whatever that is) with Hibs, which is healthy.

Then went on to say that he wants Hearts to beat Hibs because they're stronger, not because Hibs are weaker. :confused:

What is the point in a highlights programme, when they don't debate the big talking points from games, which on Saturday was undoubtedly the decision to book O'Connor for diving?

Very amateurish, but then I suppose it fits in well with the rest of Scottish football.

frazeHFC
15-01-2012, 10:32 PM
It's an utter joke. 35 minutes on the first 2 games and then under 10 minutes on ours. Why can't they learn from MOTD in terms of play the game, analyse key incidents and maybe a good player or tactic, then move on, and spend equal time on each time?

Carheenlea
15-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Absolute drivel.

MacLean makes a throwaway comment about Hibs and Hearts being "enemies" and Sergio goes on a rant about how they're not enemies, he doesn't have enemies in football and they only have a "rivality" (whatever that is) with Hibs, which is healthy.

Then went on to say that he wants Hearts to beat Hibs because they're stronger, not because Hibs are weaker. :confused:

What is the point in a highlights programme, when they don't debate the big talking points from games, which on Saturday was undoubtedly the decision to book O'Connor for diving?

Very amateurish, but then I suppose it fits in well with the rest of Scottish football.

I wouldn't be rushing to criticise Sergio, it`s whoever is dictating the shows format that should be the target for criticism. English is not Sergio`s first language so we can forgive him the odd pronunciation error. Seems like a decent enough fellow.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Sky Sports should just put these programmes down, Amateur doesnae even do them justice! Embarassing would work better! Still wouldnae want that Colin Murray from the beebs football league show, he is a ball hair better than yon Chiles bloke tho!

basehibby
15-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't be rushing to criticise Sergio, it`s whoever is dictating the shows format that should be the target for criticism. English is not Sergio`s first language so we can forgive him the odd pronunciation error. Seems like a decent enough fellow.

:agree: Up to the presenter to direct the discussion - Sergio's comments were sporting enough and he even invented a new word in "rivalities" - just **** all to do with the game that's all :rolleyes:

basehibby
15-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Sky Sports should just put these programmes down, Amateur doesnae even do them justice! Embarassing would work better! Still wouldnae want that Colin Murray from the beebs football league show, he is a ball hair better than yon Chiles bloke tho!

I thought big Grant Stott was doing a good job presenting Scotsport - get him in :aok:

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 11:20 PM

Yes seems like a splendid chap, jolly spiffing of him to appear!

lapsedhibee
15-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Yes seems like a splendid chap, jolly spiffing of him to appear!

:agree: Hurrah for the manager of our rivallers!

Kaiser1962
16-01-2012, 06:54 AM

Didnt see the whole programme but, from what I did see, I though Sergio was ok. Came across with the usual cliche's but, overall, honest enough.

nonshinyfinish
16-01-2012, 07:08 AM
I thought Hertz had moved up a level, and the OF were their rivitas now?

Jack
16-01-2012, 07:24 AM
I didn’t see it but from what's been said on here, here’s what I think.

Sergio can go on about the penalty and booking and be censured by the SPL/SFA or he can talk about being rivals with Hibs who want to beat each other more than any other team instead of enemies with the hatred that goes with that, which IMO is a pretty healthy way of looking at it.

nonshinyfinish
16-01-2012, 08:08 AM
I didn’t see it but from what's been said on here, here’s what I think.

Sergio can go on about the penalty and booking and be censured by the SPL/SFA or he can talk about being rivals with Hibs who want to beat each other more than any other team instead of enemies with the hatred that goes with that, which IMO is a pretty healthy way of looking at it.

When has that ever happened to a pundit discussing an incident not involving their team? I know the Scottish football authorities have a pretty unusual sense of right and wrong, but even they wouldn't try that one.

greenlex
16-01-2012, 09:09 AM
:agree: Hurrah for the manager of our rivallers!
I missed it. Did his eyebrows make an appearance?

cocopops1875
16-01-2012, 09:31 AM

agree with this and I think the point he was making about strength is there is little glory to be had from beating poor opposition however beating a strong Hibs is a feather in his cap and as a competitor that interests him. I hate hearts as much as the next Hibs fan but slagging the boy for basically not speaking English as a 1st language lacks class

TheEastTerrace
16-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Just watch the highlights online - then you don't have to listen to Rob Maclean arse his way through another 45 minutes of amatuer pish. Sportsound used to be a staple part of anyone's Saturday afternoon listening but it's so bad now, I wouldn't even think about tuning into it. That's what you get when you employ former footballers who have vested interests and have the journalistic or reportage capability of a five year old.

And we have to pay for this crud!

ancient hibee
16-01-2012, 09:59 AM
The BBC has lost the plot by having professionals from the game as guests.There is no way any of them is going to say anything critical about a referee or player.Sergio did Ok-speaks better English than half the natives.

Hibernian Verse
16-01-2012, 10:26 AM

Every year they pick a team that they love and hate. This year we are definately the ones that they hate, so much bias in the BBC it's unreal!

Yes of course. It's a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-01-2012, 02:15 PM

old slanty eyes Rob McLean is the best we've got (??) from a very sad bunch of sports journo's. Compare this meek and sad bunch with England's and its a total contrast. I include the radio punters too. They are boring and, week in week out, utterly predictible.:agree:

aunty joyce
16-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I have just emailed the BBC complaining with regards to the standard of presenting in this show. A crucial game for both teams but there was no mention of the game itself or the controvercial alleged diving incident after the highlights were shown - absolutely shocking, if it's not the Old Firm they're not interested :confused:

R'Albin
16-01-2012, 09:00 PM

So your suggesting that there is no form of bias in the BBC? Did you hear open all mics when we play played Cowdenbeath? They obviously wanted us to lose. And the fact that over half of their show consists of speaking about the Old Firm.

Jack
16-01-2012, 09:26 PM
When has that ever happened to a pundit discussing an incident not involving their team? I know the Scottish football authorities have a pretty unusual sense of right and wrong, but even they wouldn't try that one.

What's the difference between that and comments reported at other times by the media that get them in soapie? (no friendly smilie cause I'm on my phone otherwise there would be one :-)

Albion Hibs
16-01-2012, 09:35 PM
To be honest I dont watch it anymore, it is so joke like it is frightening the BBC really need to have a look at how the show is produced.

Regular impartial panel of people that can actually talk and know something about the sport. Structured questions that are not just fly away comments amoungst the boys and a decent time slot to review every game, not the nonsense majority of time on the old firm and then a token review of every other game with some crappy song playing in the background.

It should come down to a bit of personal pride, surely these guys dont want to be involved in some show that no one want to watch and everyone views as a load of rubbish.

killie-hibby
16-01-2012, 11:41 PM

Its not a conspiracy,it is blatant bias, where all that matters is the bigot twins. On the radio 90% of air time will be spent on the bigots. The remaining 10% covers what they call "provincial" clubs. The clowns who are given mikes seem too happy to make fun of other clubs. Preston in particular has been continually encouraged to laugh at or mock Hibernian. I have yet to hear any of them laugh at any of the bigot twins misfortunes,errors or hope that they lose a game. On Friday night I heard Dodds say he wants Dunfermline to win. The presenter that night, Jonathon somebody when referring to managers would say Neil/Ally. When referring to Hibs it was Fenlon. Not even Pat Fenlon. I could go on relating episodes of bias and disrespect but I wont, because the more I think about it the angrier I become. Sportscene equates with Sportsound.

greenlex
17-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Its not a conspiracy,it is blatant bias, where all that matters is the bigot twins. On the radio 90% of air time will be spent on the bigots. The remaining 10% covers what they call "provincial" clubs. The clowns who are given mikes seem too happy to make fun of other clubs. Preston in particular has been continually encouraged to laugh at or mock Hibernian. I have yet to hear any of them laugh at any of the bigot twins misfortunes,errors or hope that they lose a game. On Friday night I heard Dodds say he wants Dunfermline to win. The presenter that night, Jonathon somebody when referring to managers would say Neil/Ally. When referring to Hibs it was Fenlon. Not even Pat Fenlon. I could go on relating episodes of bias and disrespect but I wont, because the more I think about it the angrier I become. Sportscene equates with Sportsound.

They will refer to him as Fenlon because they don't knw him. He's not part ofthe Largs Mafa.
i bet they refer to Jonathan Lomas as Lomas. After a few years of going from club to club up here and various interviews with various pundits they will get their Christian names.

nonshinyfinish
17-01-2012, 09:40 AM
They will refer to him as Fenlon because they don't knw him. He's not part ofthe Largs Mafa.
i bet they refer to Jonathan Lomas as Lomas. After a few years of going from club to club up here and various interviews with various pundits they will get their Christian names.

And after that, how many years of being called Jonathan will Steve Lomas have to endure before he finally gets to be called Steve?

greenlex
17-01-2012, 09:45 AM
And after that, how many years of being called Jonathan will Steve Lomas have to endure before he finally gets to be called Steve?
:faf: What a tit. I even spelt it wrong and corrected it. Still didnt twig. Obviously got my Golf head on this morning.