PDA

View Full Version : Italian/Finn

sadtom
15-01-2012, 01:24 PM
I dont often get much in the way of goss but i hear, from what i believe to be a good source (friend of the agent involved), that from tomorrow we will be looking at a 20yr (ish) old Italian left back (but can play anywhere across the back) from Genoa.
Also that a similar aged Finnish midfielder, who has also trained recently wi hertz and Livy, will be on trial too.
Anyone heard similar?

bingo70
15-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I dont often get much in the way of goss but i hear, from what i believe to be a good source (friend of the agent involved), that from tomorrow we will be looking at a 20yr (ish) old Italian left back (but can play anywhere across the back) from Genoa.
Also that a similar aged Finnish midfielder, who has also trained recently wi hertz and Livy, will be on trial too.
Anyone heard similar?

Sounds interesting, hopefully the boy from Genoa contributes more than Steven Pinau did (just checked his wiki page out of curiosity to see what he's up to and apparently he's still awaiting his first goal)

PeterboroHibee
15-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Sounds interesting, hopefully the boy from Genoa contributes more than Steven Pinau did (just checked his wiki page out of curiosity to see what he's up to and apparently he's still awaiting his first goal)

Tbf Pinau didnt exactly play much for us. Just another example of a bizarre loan signing in recent years where the player has done **** all.

Are the two players we are looking at on permanent deals (presume the Finnish boy will be)?

bingo70
15-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Tbf Pinau didnt exactly play much for us. Just another example of a bizarre loan signing in recent years where the player has done **** all.

Are the two players we are looking at on permanent deals (presume the Finnish boy will be)?

No, i totally agree, i thought he was worth giving more of a chance to than he got, thats why i said he contributed little rather than saying he was pish or anything, he might have been a good player but i don't think anyone could argue he made a good contribution to us.

Getting back to these guys, i'll be a bit dissapointed if we go for a left back as i was hoping Booth might make that position his own and i'd rather we brought through our own young players, that said though we've been absolutely awful for ages so no player can complain if we try and improve any area of the squad

Dibben
15-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Plan may be to play Booth further forward!

andy1875
15-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Is the Finnish trialist the lad Rippa that played for us at Tynie? Big centre midfielder if I remember correctly? It was one of my first times at the PBS back when we had the Gorgie Road end in open air. If my memory serves me correctly it was 0-0?

Anyhow back on topic, I would welcome a new left back, Booth doesn't fill me with any confidence at all but do rate him going forward. Perhaps worth a shot at LM as he also has the energy to track back and support the LB.

GGTTH

sadtom
15-01-2012, 01:47 PM

Didnt get told any names but i think the left back is in the reserves at Genoa but is well thought of.
Due to the state of the itaian fitba/economy even the wages at Hibs would be appealing to many, i'm told.

bingo70
15-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Plan may be to play Booth further forward!

Hope so, suppose the challenge may also bring out the best in him as if he's going to have a succesfull career he'll need to deal with competition and prove he's the best option to the manager.

sadtom
15-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Is the Finnish trialist the lad Rippa that played for us at Tynie? Big centre midfielder if I remember correctly? It was one of my first times at the PBS back when we had the Gorgie Road end in open air. If my memory serves me correctly it was 0-0?

Anyhow back on topic, I would welcome a new left back, Booth doesn't fill me with any confidence at all but do rate him going forward. Perhaps worth a shot at LM as he also has the energy to track back and support the LB.

GGTTH

Could be. The only thing i was told was that he was quite a tall laddie. About 20 and played midfield. Supposedly a bit of a handsome - beckhamesque type, so that may be of interest to all you ladies (and some laddies) out there.

soupy
15-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Anyone heard similar?

Just out of interest, is the agent an ex yam and French????

sadtom
15-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Just out of interest, is the agent an ex yam and French????

Could be. :greengrin (italian?)

grunt
15-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Anyhow back on topic, I would welcome a new left back...
From twitter:

AgentScotland (http://www.hibs.net/#!/AgentScotland)Agent Football
Hibs have offered Derry City left back Daniel Lafferty a contract, he came through ranks at Celtic and nearly signed for Hibs in 2010

Feed McGraw
15-01-2012, 02:23 PM

GGTTH

What on earth makes you think it might be Juha Rippa ? I thought to myself he must be in his forties by now. Checked it out and sure enough he`s 44 this year. :confused:

andy1875
15-01-2012, 02:30 PM
I was at the wind up, I didn't for a minute think it was him.

If the trialist is Finnish, it could be Mixu? :greengrin

bingo70
15-01-2012, 02:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuomas_Rannankari

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-first/morton/287325-morton-take-spaniard-and-finn-on-trial/

This boy was on trial at morton last month so if he's being offered around scottish clubs it might be him?

Edit:- just noticed he's a 6 fitter as well so reckon he probably is the same guy

Feed McGraw
15-01-2012, 02:34 PM

Well him and Mixu would certainly fill the bill as a couple of auld heids that we seem to require. :greengrin

Virginia Hibs
15-01-2012, 02:45 PM

Naw he's only just started, a young laddie!

Sorry, couldnae resist! :tee hee::tee hee:

BSEJVT
15-01-2012, 02:58 PM
What on earth makes you think it might be Juha Rippa ? I thought to myself he must be in his forties by now. Checked it out and sure enough he`s 44 this year. :confused:

What's up

He's clearly Finish(ed) then?

soupy
15-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Could be. :greengrin (italian?)

Ah yes French/Italian much the same :-)

He's touting a good few players about the UK is tStefano (sp) including a wee Moroccan guy at Falkirk :-)

sadtom
15-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Ah yes French/Italian much the same :-)

He's touting a good few players about the UK is tStefano (sp) including a wee Moroccan guy at Falkirk :-)

Yep. Thats what i was told. Seems to be quite connected wi falkirk and livvy. I believe the forward at falkirk, who's been scoring and looks like moving on came through same 'route'.

andy1875
15-01-2012, 04:12 PM
If only we could get a player in that could Finnish his chances as good as Mixu eh
:greengrin

I know it's bad but ah well hahaha

SteveHFC
15-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Jarkko Wiss anyone. :greengrin

andy1875
15-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Jarkko Wiss anyone. :greengrin

Ah yes mind him eh, sure it was his then manager, Carlton Palmer at Stockport? I might be wrong but whoever his manager was, said he was the unfittest player he'd ever worked with! But then we come along and snap him up. They must have been gutted
:wink:

Ferryhibby
15-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Fenlons already stated he sees Booths future at further forward than LB so he would naturally be looking to fill that position quite quickly,

Paisley Hibby
15-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Fenlons already stated he sees Booths future at further forward than LB so he would naturally be looking to fill that position quite quickly,

He certainly looked good going forward yesterday! Wonder where that would leave Ivan though?

soupy
15-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Yep. Thats what i was told. Seems to be quite connected wi falkirk and livvy. I believe the forward at falkirk, who's been scoring and looks like moving on came through same 'route'.

I don't know anything about the other two guys you've mentioned, but I do know that Stefan couldn't believe some of the clubs mentioned that are trailing him, he's getting excited about the .£ signs for himself.

Jones28
15-01-2012, 10:21 PM
He certainly looked good going forward yesterday! Wonder where that would leave Ivan though?

Left Back...on the bus :devil:

Paisley Hibby
16-01-2012, 10:46 AM
[/B]
Left Back...on the bus :devil:

Brebners Bookie
16-01-2012, 10:59 AM

His natural right side?

Paisley Hibby
16-01-2012, 11:11 AM
His natural right side?

Good shout now I think about it. Who would you play behind him?

Brebners Bookie
16-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Good shout now I think about it. Who would you play behind him?

The new boy Francombe. Having said that though as much as i love Ivan i'm just not sure he's good enough for a regular start and may be more effective coming off the bench like under Mowbray.

brydekirk
16-01-2012, 11:57 AM
The new boy Francombe. Having said that though as much as i love Ivan i'm just not sure he's good enough for a regular start and may be more effective coming off the bench like under Mowbray.

Must agree, although Ivan has some passion it does'nt last the 90 mins.

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2012, 12:00 PM

He might not be happy with that sort of role but some players are better coming off the bench. He has slowed down a bit but he is still quick, and bringing him on at the end of the game when full backs are tired would be more effective than how hes playing just now.

seven nowt
16-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Maybe his first league goal but Pinau scored a brilliant goal for Hibs in a 4-3 defeat to Genoa under Paateleinen.

Iggy Pope
16-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Maybe his first league goal but Pinau scored a brilliant goal for Hibs in a 4-3 defeat to Genoa under Paateleinen.

Greenock Genoa?