PDA

View Full Version : GOC's booking yesterday

forthhibby
15-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Just watched motd and was interesting to hear Alan shearers comments about the Torres booking 'ref has to be 100% sure the player has dived before issuing a yellow card'. I think it's time hibs made an issue of this at the weekly press conference as Mick McCarthy recently did using tv evidance otherwise everytime Gary gets fouled in box he's going to get booked.

macca70
15-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Just watched motd and was interesting to hear Alan shearers comments about the Torres booking 'ref has to be 100% sure the player has dived before issuing a yellow card'. I think it's time hibs made an issue of this at the weekly press conference as Mick McCarthy recently did using tv evidance otherwise everytime Gary gets fouled in box he's going to get booked.

And it now means he's suspended for our trip to Ibrox.

Absolute joke!!

Peevemor
15-01-2012, 08:34 AM

:agree: Something has to be done. If they can ban players for stuff that the referee missed, then surely they should put in place a mechanism to annul wrongly issued bookings. It should work both ways.

Eyrie
15-01-2012, 10:30 AM
And it now means he's suspended for our trip to Ibrox.

Absolute joke!!

Depends who he's playing for in that game :wink:

H18sry
15-01-2012, 10:46 AM
:agree: Something has to be done. If they can ban players for stuff that the referee missed, then surely they should put in place a mechanism to annul wrongly issued bookings. It should work both ways.

PF has alluded to that in his post match interview on Hibs TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BawxTIYwixQ

macca70
15-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Depends who he's playing for in that game :wink:

If he signs for Rangers, he will have had it rescinded so he can play!!

Sas_The_Hibby
15-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Some referees now seem to think that if a player goes down in the box then he has to give either a penalty or a booking for diving. Unless he's almost certain (it can rarely be 100% IMO) it's one or the other, he should give neither. This option, however, doesn't seem to occur to some refs - or, indeed, to some fans and pundits ("if he didn't give a penalty, why didn't he book the player for diving").

nonshinyfinish
15-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Some referees now seem to think that if a player goes down in the box then he has to give either a penalty or a booking for diving. Unless he's almost certain (it can rarely be 100% IMO) it's one or the other, he should give neither. This option, however, doesn't seem to occur to some refs - or, indeed, to some fans and pundits ("if he didn't a penalty, why didn't he book the player for diving").

:agree: I absolutely detest the phrase in bold.

Sas_The_Hibby
15-01-2012, 11:13 AM
:agree: I absolutely detest the phrase in bold.

Because it was grammatically incorrect? :greengrin

Saorsa
15-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Some referees now seem to think that if a player goes down in the box then he has to give either a penalty or a booking for diving. Unless he's almost certain (it can rarely be 100% IMO) it's one or the other, he should give neither. This option, however, doesn't seem to occur to some refs - or, indeed, to some fans and pundits ("if he didn't give a penalty, why didn't he book the player for diving").Totally agree, I said exactly the same thing when GOC got booked for diving in the recent 1-1 game at Easter Road against ICT, another ridiculous decision. For my money it was a penalty but it certainly wisnae a dive or a booking. Referees are just very poor these days. :agree:

nonshinyfinish
15-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Because it was grammatically incorrect? :greengrin

Excellent, now I have two reasons to hate it. :wink: