PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo Vaz Te

The Harp Awakes
15-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Looked good v Leicester. Involved in both goals. We may have lost out on a very decent player although have to say his heart wasn't at THG.

Hibstrooper
15-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Sorry Harp no offence but pretty fed up with these Vaz Te threads. The guy was never going to be here for the long term anyway. Yip he's a decent player, better now he's got a bit of fitness. Can we please move on.

dmc1875
15-01-2012, 12:36 AM
We always knew that he was using us as a way to get fit/match sharpness/stepping stone which I had no problem with at the time.

He is doing well down south but he does have the potential to be a real quality player. We should probably stop talking about him all the time though I'd rather keep talking about Steven Fletcher etc than players who were only with us for 4/5 months.:coffee:

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Sorry Harp no offence but pretty fed up with these Vaz Te threads. The guy was never going to be here for the long term anyway. Yip he's a decent player, better now he's got a bit of fitness. Can we please move on.

careful now, a few will get stroppy/upset if they have to go without the weekly(or whenever he scores) Vaz Te thread :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Vaz te always looked like he'd rather be somewhere else when he played for hibs. Obvious ability but something was missing

Northernhibee
15-01-2012, 12:38 AM
:hijack:

Anyone know what's up with Nishy? Scored a few for Hartlepool at the start of the season, butnot even been appearing on the bench for them.

Injured, or just not Hartlepool quality? Got a soft spot for the big man, always thought he's much better than given credit for.

dmc1875
15-01-2012, 12:43 AM
There was an article in the scotsman about Nish not too long ago. He seemed to be doing ok then got a knee injury?

Was talking about the fact he had unfinished business in SPL and wanted to come back at some stage...

Pedantic_Hibee
15-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Roses are red,
Violets are dead,
I'm crap at gardening.

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/134342/pete-postlethwaite-profile.jpg

I agree with DTS, laptops should have in built breathalysers that automatically shut your s**t down when you've had one too many.

The Harp Awakes
15-01-2012, 12:52 AM

Well have to say I haven't seen or contributed to a Vaz Te thread on here since he left and I'm on here a lot:hide:

Temper your posts a bit mate. If you are not interested in the post don't reply.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2012, 03:04 AM
:hijack:

Anyone know what's up with Nishy? Scored a few for Hartlepool at the start of the season, butnot even been appearing on the bench for them.

Injured, or just not Hartlepool quality? Got a soft spot for the big man, always thought he's much better than given credit for.

There was a Hartlepool fan on one of the Greggs thread re a player of theirs we were being linked with who more or less said we could have the boy as he was pish and it would just about even the score for them taking Nish down there!

tamig
15-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Well have to say I haven't seen or contributed to a Vaz Te thread on here since he left and I'm on here a lot:hide:

Temper your posts a bit mate. If you are not interested in the post don't reply.

Agreed bud. Some on here seem to want to dictate what people can and can't post.

I watched the Football league Show too tonight and was very impressed by him. Unlucky with that one where he ran right through on the keeper. I'm pretty sure there was a thread a few days ago quoting the Barnsley manager who was implying that he did have an attitude problem though. The guy has undoubted talent though.

Iain G
15-01-2012, 04:45 AM
In a similarly irrelevant and generally pointless obsessional vein, does anyone know what Mark McGraw is up to these days?!?! :greengrin

500miles
15-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Vaz Te came to Hibs short term, to get up to speed in terms of fitness (from his point of view) and to give us a bit of creativity (from our point of view).
He worked hard, but naturally lacked sharpness and match fitness due to his spell without training before us.

He knew, however, as did Calderwood, that the skills he possessed and his level of ability, meant that Hibs couldn't offer him a longer deal.
Both player and club saw a short term deal as a beneficial compromise. Nothing to do with a lack of commitment, or his mind being elsewhere - he simply didn't have a decent pre-season or oppertunity to get up to full speed.

hibiedude
15-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Agreed bud. Some on here seem to want to dictate what people can and can't post.

I watched the Football league Show too tonight and was very impressed by him. Unlucky with that one where he ran right through on the keeper. I'm pretty sure there was a thread a few days ago quoting the Barnsley manager who was implying that he did have an attitude problem though. The guy has undoubted talent though.

I love to hear about how ex- players are doing- as for the forum police just laugh at them nothing more than attention seekers :greengrin

Kaiser1962
15-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Looked good v Leicester. Involved in both goals. We may have lost out on a very decent player although have to say his heart wasn't at THG.

I dont think there was ever any doubt about RVT's ability there were certainly reservations about attitude, application and fitness as well as being frustratingly inconsistent.

9 goals in 102 games, prior to Barmsley, did not suggest that he was anything other than ordinary.

Mikey
15-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Vaz Te was written off before he even signed for us. We were repeatedly told how bad he was.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Never ever committed to Hibs long term. Sometimes looked plain un-interested. Bit like Calderwood I suppose.

Hibstrooper
15-01-2012, 09:28 AM

Fair enough. Can't believe you've missed all the Vaz Te stuff though, it's been relentless since he's picked a bit of form.

Think the temper comment was a bit OTT, not as if I came on and had a go, just giving my opinion that we were never in a position to keep him so the now weekly discussions (which they are) on us missing out on him are becoming old.

Temper your posts a bit mate, if you don't agree with what I say don't go telling me when I can and can't post :wink:

Gala Foxes
15-01-2012, 09:59 AM
He had an amazing run in the 2nd half against the Foxes where he ran from box to box and was unlucky to score

Looks a totally different player - when he was with us he seemed to be more interested in posing and preening himself, looks like he has (1) regained his fitness (2) got his confidence back and (3) realised he is in the last chance saloon and upped his workrate

Agree though - we should all move on, otherwise I might get started on A O'Brien again ! (joking)

bingo70
15-01-2012, 10:09 AM
IMO Vaz Te summed up Calderwoods time here, didn't really want to be here so went through the motions, just killing time until he could get a club he actually wanted to be at and knew that no matter what happened at hibs he would be able to get his move based on his CV pre-hibs.

We're well shot of attitudes like that.

degenerated
15-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Vaz Te was written off before he even signed for us. We were repeatedly told how bad he was.

Surely that sort of thing doesn't happen on here. I can't say I've noticed if it has :greengrin

SMAXXA
15-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Fair enough. Can't believe you've missed all the Vaz Te stuff though, it's been relentless since he's picked a bit of form.

Think the temper comment was a bit OTT, not as if I came on and had a go, just giving my opinion that we were never in a position to keep him so the now weekly discussions (which they are) on us missing out on him are becoming old.

Temper your posts a bit mate, if you don't agree with what I say don't go telling me when I can and can't post :wink:

I totally agree with that, I would go as far as saying its a weekly thread on here these days.

Im with you im sick of seeing Vaz Te threads but each to their own I guess, and im not trying to police any thread just giving my opinion on this.

Anyhow see Flether scored again yesterday...............Is there a thread on him yet :greengrin :wink:

tamig
15-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I totally agree with that, I would go as far as saying its a weekly thread on here these days.

Im with you im sick of seeing Vaz Te threads but each to their own I guess, and im not trying to police any thread just giving my opinion on this.

Anyhow see Flether scored again yesterday...............Is there a thread on him yet :greengrin :wink:
No doubt there will be a bit of Fletch debate around the time that the next Scotland squad is announced.

--------
15-01-2012, 02:41 PM
IMO Vaz Te summed up Calderwoods time here, didn't really want to be here so went through the motions, just killing time until he could get a club he actually wanted to be at and knew that no matter what happened at hibs he would be able to get his move based on his CV pre-hibs.

We're well shot of attitudes like that.

Are you referring to Vaz Te, or to Calderwood?

Really doesn't matter - since the boss wasn't interested, it's not surprising the player wasn't either.

As you say - well shot of. :agree:

HH81
31-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Sky Sports news are saying he is on his way to West Ham......

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Sky Sports news are saying he is on his way to West Ham......

I saw a rumour about this yesterday, although he is doing well just now, probably due another injury soon, surely Big Sams scouting system can come up with better than that!

bingo70
31-01-2012, 08:35 AM
I saw a rumour about this yesterday, although he is doing well just now, probably due another injury soon, surely Big Sams scouting system can come up with better than that!

Sums the guy and footballers in general up if you ask me, he's a player that had potential as a youngster but never fulfilled it and was in danger of watching his career drift away, finally though he joins a club where he starts to fulfill that potential and then the first transfer window since then he opts to join a club and sign for a manager where he flopped before and is likely to be a squad player again. Why risk it and not just stay where he's doing well? plenty time to move on and make money in his career but at least have one successfull season somewhere.

Craig_HFC
31-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Pretty sure Allardyce originally signed him for Bolton too.

IanM
31-01-2012, 08:58 AM
0854: BBC Radio Sheffield reporting that Barnsley have accepted an undisclosed offer from West Ham for top scorer Ricardo Vaz Te. He's now discussing terms.

Speedway
31-01-2012, 09:17 AM
When he came to the end of his deal, CC said he was looking for money that we could never have offered him.

So we didn't miss out, we just had a player that we couldn't really afford.

Deano_70
31-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Can we make a deal??

If he signs for west ham can everyone promise never to mention him again!!! I would understand the interest if he actually looked like he wanted to play for Hibs!!!

JohnScott
31-01-2012, 10:03 AM
My only memory of VT was his goal celebration against Hearts. He looked like he'd scored the winner in a world cup final. He's a nob were well shot of! Can you imagine him in the team at the moment? Exactly!

J-C
31-01-2012, 10:42 AM
My only memory of VT was his goal celebration against Hearts. He looked like he'd scored the winner in a world cup final. He's a nob were well shot of! Can you imagine him in the team at the moment? Exactly!

No but can you imagine the £500,000 we could've got if we signed him on a permanent deal, the guy had class.