PDA

View Full Version : Scott and Sodje

Billy Whizz
14-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Not even on the bench today. Do you think they are negotiating a sevence package?

Bob Box Fish
14-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Disappointed with sodje he had a good goals / game ratio last season. Would have liked to have seen him get a few starts to see if he could re-kindle that form.

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I'd have thought so.

stubru59
14-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Paying off Scott could be quite costly. He signed a three year contract and, if memory serves, we paid a fee for him.

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Hope not. I rate Scott:agree:

bingo70
14-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I think Scott has been quite good recently so i'd be disappointed if he was to go.

I wouldn't want him as a first pick but IMO there's definately a place for Scott in our squad.

horseflesh
14-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Sodje is just one of the many reasons that CC's reign came to an end - Ricardo Vaz Te or Sodje? It should be a no brainer but he always seemed to make the wrong choice

col02
14-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Sodje last season was very good for us but I think I am correct in saying he was injured pre season and never seems to have recovered his sharpness. Since then he has only had fleeting opportunities to impress and he is a different type player to Griffiths, O'Connor and Doyle. Given his age I would not be surprised if he is looking for a new club to get first team football. When he leaves Hibs he goes with my thanks for his goals last season that were vital!

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Sodje saved us last season - very erratic but always gave 100 % and scored goals - not going to bad mouth the guy - maybe PF just doesn't rate him ?

Scott - was surprised he wasn't on the bench - maybe it's a sign he's not wanted ? Think he would be a decent sub.

I trust Fenlon if he's made a decision about this if they are to leave.

DaveF
14-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Maybe Scott picked up a knock in training?

lyonhibs
14-01-2012, 07:03 PM
I think to get rid of Scott would be 1 cut too far, IMO.

He's not a massively technically talented footballer, but he's got great drive and energy, and doesn't shirk a tackle or 2. Can also hit a shot from distance with relative accuracy.

stoneyburn hibs
14-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Sodje would quite rightly just now not get a start for hibs, but his goals contribution were very good last season, a wee bit unlucky for him in his time here

SMAXXA
14-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I would say the latter yes the former no, hope thats the case tho.

Judas Iscariot
14-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Hope not. I rate Scott:agree:

But you don't rate Riordan and constantly slate him on here..

That says it all about you :aok:

smurf
14-01-2012, 08:48 PM
But you don't rate Riordan and constantly slate him on here..

That says it all about you :aok:

Indeed eh do da.

I hope Scott and Sodje are off. Both not good enough.

DH1875
14-01-2012, 09:22 PM
If it wasn't for Sodje last season we would have been in deep deep do-do :agree:.

Sergeant Hibs
14-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I think Scott has been quite good recently so i'd be disappointed if he was to go.

I wouldn't want him as a first pick but IMO there's definately a place for Scott in our squad.

This
:agree:

silverhibee
14-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Heard today that Sodge has left the club.

PeterboroHibee
14-01-2012, 10:05 PM
With a run in the team, Sodje could find some sort of form again and get in amongst the goals, but with the likes of Griffiths and O'Connor scoring, hes going to find chances limited. Youd think he would be more suited to the game we seem to be trying to play though.

Ive always found Scott a bit of a strange one. Think theres ability there and definitely up for the fight, but I still dont really know what would be considered his best position? Think Fenlons been pretty open about whos not required and cant remember Scotts name being mentioned, think hes a valuable squad member so wouldnt be looking to shift him.

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Heard today that Sodge has left the club.

Good luck to the guy if true.

How many players do we have left - 18?

Surely signs we will be bringing more in before the end of January :agree:

silverhibee
14-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Good luck to the guy if true.

How many players do we have left - 18?

Surely signs we will be bringing more in before the end of January :agree:

We seem to be spending more money on getting rid of players than bringing players in, :greengrin.

Hopefully see a couple of players in this week.

Northernhibee
14-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Wondering if this is Fenlon flushing out the attitude problem once and for all.

Either way, always lked big Sodje, wish him and his sixteen incher all the best at whatever club he goes to.

BEEJ
15-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I think to get rid of Scott would be 1 cut too far, IMO.

He's not a massively technically talented footballer, but he's got great drive and energy, and doesn't shirk a tackle or 2. Can also hit a shot from distance with relative accuracy.
:agree: Indeed.

I'd certainly put him on the bench before Towell.

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2012, 12:45 PM
:agree: Indeed.

I'd certainly put him on the bench before Towell.

Sodje can go but I'd keep Scott. I'd love to see him in the current Barca midfield. I think he'd thrive with those players around him.

Feed McGraw
15-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Either way, always lked big Sodje, wish him and his sixteen incher all the best at whatever club he goes to.

With a sixteen incher a Hedonism club or something similar could be the way to go. :greengrin

silverhibee
15-01-2012, 02:47 PM

So we can see Griffiths and O'Connor next out the door. :wink: :greengrin

Heckys Wheel
15-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Don't see Scott as a long term answer but for a squad player in the run in of a relegation battle, less skill and more heart is what we need.

Northernhibee
15-01-2012, 04:15 PM
So we can see Griffiths and O'Connor next out the door. :wink: :greengrin

If Leigh doesn't keep his GIRUY's in check then it wouldn't surprise me, thought Nutsy's statement was a real threat.