PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Jones28
14-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Didn't see any so here's mine from today:

Brown - 6, dealt very poorly with the first goal, thought he could've come for it from my seat behind the goal. Much better second half

Hart - 5, OK but still not the answer, would've been lower but for his goal line clearance
Stephens - 7, absolute rock in the air
Hanlon - 6, again he was ok, his best position is CH for me
Booth - 6, he was great going forward

Wotherspoon - 5, can see why he was taken off. Wasn't really performing. Was better than most in the first half I thought
Osbourne - 9, MOTM, outstanding going forward and solid in the tackle. He made the first goal
Stevenson - 6, not seen him as poor as that for a while, wasn't as good as he has been previously
Sproule - 5, VERY FRUSTRATING, why does he always cut inside instead of doing what he can do which is use his pace to beat full-backs and put a cross in? Had 2 or 3 good chances today

Griffiths - 8, well done for the 2 goals Leigh, thought he was great and took his first goal especially very well
Doyle - 6, some good movement and runs, perhaps needs a bit more time to adjust

Subs:
O'Connor - 7, great finish for his goal, showed loads of passion aswell which makes me think he'll be staying
Francomb - 6, looks good, great touches and good going forward
Galbraith - not enough time

REF - Absolute bollocks

john18722
14-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Didn't see any so here's mine from today:

Brown - 6, dealt very poorly with the first goal, thought he could've come for it from my seat behind the goal. Much better second half

Hart - 5, OK but still not the answer, would've been lower but for his goal line clearance
Stephens - 7, absolute rock in the air
Hanlon - 6, again he was ok, his best position is CH for me
Booth - 6, he was great going forward

Wotherspoon - 5, can see why he was taken off. Wasn't really performing. Was better than most in the first half I thought
Osbourne - 9, MOTM, outstanding going forward and solid in the tackle. He made the first goal
Stevenson - 6, not seen him as poor as that for a while, wasn't as good as he has been previously
Sproule - 5, VERY FRUSTRATING, why does he always cut inside instead of doing what he can do which is use his pace to beat full-backs and put a cross in? Had 2 or 3 good chances today

Griffiths - 8, well done for the 2 goals Leigh, thought he was great and took his first goal especially very well
Doyle - 6, some good movement and runs, perhaps needs a bit more time to adjust

Subs:
O'Connor - 7, great finish for his goal, showed loads of passion aswell which makes me think he'll be staying
Francomb - 6, looks good, great touches and good going forward

REF - Absolute bollocks

Definitely agree about the ref!

Albion Hibs
14-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Brown - 6 - Terrible for first goal, was much better second half, a couple of decent saves.

Hart - 5 - Played well, got up and down the pitch, tracked back and defended well.
Stephens - 7 - Poor in the air at times considering how tall he is, but generally defended well.
Hanlon - 6 - Defended well, got dragged about a lot half way through the second which unsettled things a bit.
Booth - 6 - Good to see him attacking, did excellent on that front and had the dunfermline boys standing off him for much of the game. Defending still very suspect, but hope he takes a lot of confidence from todays performance and result.

Wotherspoon - 4 - A couple of decent touches but s$at out of pretty much every 50/50.
Osbourne - 7 - Passing and touch was a little slack in the 1st but ran much of the game in the 2nd. great to see him back.
Stevenson - 6 - some decent passes and as committed as always.
Sproule - 6 - Track back, pulled players wide and helped out booth for much of the game on the defensive side. thought he was pretty decent today.

Griffiths - 8 - seems to want to try the hard thing every time, keeping it simple would help his game. But took both his goals well and was a constant threat. To score two he has to get my MOM.
Doyle - 4 - Was surprised to see him come out in the second half. Worked hard. More time needed to judge.

Subs
O'Connor 6 - Took his goal really well, won a couple of balls in the air.
Francomb 4 - looked lively, energetic and wanted the ball the whole time he was on the pitch. Came on to play at right mid and ended up the in centre, so pretty adaptive already even by Hibs defenders standards. Fingers crossed he will be a good player for us.
Galbraith - No time - But worked hard and actually won a couple of balls in the air and one / maybe two important challenges.

All in all well done to the team.

The support was as good as I have seen in a long, long time. I think this shows how big a support we can be as a team. Quite at times in the first, but right behind the team for the whole of the 2nd especially the last 20 mins.

BSEJVT
14-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Brown - 4 - Terrible for first goal, thank god Hart was there to clear one off the line after it went through him in 2nd half

Hart - 6 - Never been a fan but played okay today, got up and down the pitch, tracked back and defended well. painfully slow
Stephens - 7 - defended well attacked the ball well late in the game
Hanlon - 6 - Worry for Hanlon. Not big enough, strong enough or aggressive enough
Booth - 6 - Good to see him attacking, did excellent on that front and had the dunfermline boys standing off him for much of the game. Defending still could be improved, but hope he takes a lot of confidence from todays performance and result.

Wotherspoon - 5 - On todays performance will be the player most worried about keeping his place in next weeks team.
Osbourne - 8 - Great touch and awareness, good to see him back. Might me my imagination but he looked much quicker breaking forward than tracking back and for me its all about waht desire he has to push himself on, he certainly has ability
Stevenson - 6 - some decent passes and as committed as always.
Sproule - 6 - Track back, pulled players wide and helped out booth for much of the game on the defensive side. thought he was pretty decent today.
Griffiths - 8 - Wants to try the hard thing every time, keeping it simple would help his game. But took both his goals well and was a constant threat. To score two he has to get my MOM. He needs to get the head up sometimes and become more of a team player.
Doyle - 6- Very good movement, maade lots of good runs, but colleagues never tried to play him in and ball didnt run for him today

Subs
O'Connor 6 - Took his goal really well, won a couple of balls in the air. Lost stonewall penalty by his theatrical dive
Francomb 6 - looked lively, pacy, energetic and wanted the ball the whole time he was on the pitch. Came on to play at right mid and ended up the in centre, so pretty adaptive already even by Hibs defenders standards. Used the ball well
Galbraith - No time - But worked hard and actually won a couple of balls in the air and one / maybe two important challenges.

Ref - Complete homer whose ability to give them everything whilst refusing to give us equal treatment on same decisions was dreadful

Squad

I completely agree with letting the dross that has gone go and would maybe add another couple to the pile.

However for a game as important as this we were shamefully light in cover for defence and defensive midfield and a couple of eraly injuries could have really screwed us.

We need to get more bodies in who can compete to get in the side and soon.

[/QUOTE]

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Brown - 6 at fault for the 1st but no complaints after

Hart - 6 one of his better games
Stephens - 7 no nonsense today
Hanlon - 7 decent
Booth - 7 Did really well for the 2nd

Wotherspoon - 6 used the ball well
Osbourne - 8 Vieira like performance
Stevenson - 8 in a season of few bright spots he has been excellent.
Sproule - 6 worked really hard

Griffiths - 8 worked really hard
Doyle - 6 looks very good technically but a bit off the pace

Subs:
O'Connor - 7 changed the game and should have had a pen
Francomb - 7 couple of really good runs

REF - WTF:confused: What an idiot

R'Albin
14-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Brown 5 - Never fills me with confidence, doesn't communicate nearly enough. Good save off the freekick and late in the second half near post.

Hart 6 - Had a good game today, agree that he isn't the answer but was fine enough today, he actually had one cracking run in the first half... and when he skinned the boy at the end :greengrin

Stephens 7 - Was very good in the air, so composed at the back, think he will become a cracking player.

Hanlon 6 - Was okay. Never seemed to find a Hibs shirt though when he was in possession.

Booth 7 - Was fine. Great run for the second goal :agree:

Spoony 5 - Was okay, didn't really do much though.

Osbourne 8 - He is a quality player. Such great awareness, he is thinking of what he is going to do with the ball before he receives it, never panics on the ball.

Stevenson 6- Was okay, got stuck in and passing was good.

Sproule 6 - Better today, ran at defenders a bit more which is what he should be doing more. Put loads of effort in as always.

Griffiths 8 - MOM, took the first well, second keeper maybe should have saved but still a good hit. Really hope we manage to get him permanently because he could turn out to be a very good player. Needs to stop being silly though.

Doyle 6 - Think he looks a player. Like how he follows in on shots, puts more pressure on the keeper to catch the ball.

Subs

Gaz 7 - Put in a good shift today, great finish. If he keeps showing that attitude every game then hopefully we can get him signed up for a longer deal. Needs to lose the gut though.

Francombe 7 - Looks like he could be a good player, couple of good runs and looks quite skillful.

Galbraith - Not enough time, had one good challenge though once he came on I think.

Ref- Pish.

Good to see us battle to the end. We easily could have folded when they scored the second but they kept fighting and we got a goal. This win will be great for confidence. Confident we will stay up now and I think Fenlon could be the man to take us forward.

Fans - 10 Great support, didn'tt get on the players backs and sang throughout. Great numbers as well.

:flag::pfgwa

Hiber-nation
14-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Agree pretty much with almost everything that's been said except that Stephens was awful in the first half, was never near his man.

Just seen the first goal again and I cannot believe Brown was rooted to his line, diabolical goalkeeping.

But on the positive side, Booth's best game for ages, Ozzy made a huge difference in midfield, Francomb looks a proper player and Griffiths was superb second half. Plenty of work to do defensively (or preferably sign a decent centre half) but great to see the lads battling back to get the 3 points.

stanton10
14-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Brown 5 - Never fills me with confidence, doesn't communicate nearly enough. Good save off the freekick and late in the second half near post.

Hart 6 - Had a good game today, agree that he isn't the answer but was fine enough today, he actually had one cracking run in the first half... and when he skinned the boy at the end :greengrin

Stephens 7 - Was very good in the air, so composed at the back, think he will become a cracking player.

Hanlon 6 - Was okay. Never seemed to find a Hibs shirt though when he was in possession.

Booth 7 - Was fine. Great run for the second goal :agree:

Spoony 5 - Was okay, didn't really do much though.

Osbourne 8 - He is a quality player. Such great awareness, he is thinking of what he is going to do with the ball before he receives it, never panics on the ball.

Stevenson 6- Was okay, got stuck in and passing was good.

Sproule 6 - Better today, ran at defenders a bit more which is what he should be doing more. Put loads of effort in as always.

Griffiths 8 - MOM, took the first well, second keeper maybe should have saved but still a good hit. Really hope we manage to get him permanently because he could turn out to be a very good player. Needs to stop being silly though.

Doyle 6 - Think he looks a player. Like how he follows in on shots, puts more pressure on the keeper to catch the ball.

Subs

Gaz 7 - Put in a good shift today, great finish. If he keeps showing that attitude every game then hopefully we can get him signed up for a longer deal. Needs to lose the gut though.

Francombe 7 - Looks like he could be a good player, couple of good runs and looks quite skillful.

Galbraith - Not enough time, had one good challenge though once he came on I think.

Ref- Pish.

Good to see us battle to the end. We easily could have folded when they scored the second but they kept fighting and we got a goal. This win will be great for confidence. Confident we will stay up now and I think Fenlon could be the man to take us forward.

Fans - 10 Great support, didn'tt get on the players backs and sang throughout. Great numbers as well.

:flag::pfgwa

why is it wotherspoon is going by marks week in week out start every week come on surely needs replaced.

dmc1875
14-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Brown- 5 Not seen replays of the first goal yet but he looked v suspect but so did the static defence. Poor save in second half that thankfully was cleared but a couple of good saves (free kick especially)

Booth- 6 Good going forward, great with ball to feet and when taking players on. Suspect in defence but particularly with balls over the top.

Hanlon- 5 A bit dodgy for me. Out muscled most of the game and caught with balls over the top a couple of times in the second half.

Stephens- 7 Poor first half but after his booking hardly put a foot wrong. Strong and some great clearing headers. Could be a really good defender with someone experienced playing beside him

Hart- 6 Slow and cumbersome but best game that I've seen from him for a while. Still not the answer but did a couple of good things but was posted missing several times in the second half.

Stevenson- 5 Not convinced today. Cant question his determination, commitment and spirit but cant help but think we need a better midfielder to compliment Osbourne. Good drive, but a bit lightweight and Dunfermline midfielders ghosted past him at times.

Osbourne- 8 So composed, great to see him back. He will be a VERY important player between now and the end of the season. A class apart from anything else on offer today.

Wotherspoon- 5 Not a great game, wasn't really in it for large spells.

Sproule- 6 Frustrated me in the first half, much better second with a couple trade mark runs. Good defensive help to Booth, but I do wonder about his effectiveness on the left as when he got in positions to cross he doesnt have a good enough left foot to do so, therefore kept cutting back onto his right foot...

Griffiths- 8 Took his first goal well and dealt well enough with the treatment being dished out to him by Dunfermline players and fans alike. Stupid booking though. Never gave up and has the quality to score goals for fun if he can just keep his head in the right place and stop always trying the hard things.

Doyle- 6 Like the guys movement, theres a football brain in there! Followed up every shot, harrassed and chased the Dunfermline back line and made some decent runs, lacked the service in the first half.

Subs:

O'Connor- 6 Took his goal really well and was a nuisance. Needs to stop making a meal of penalty claims as he managed to get a stone wall penalty turned into a free-kick the other way.

Francomb- 6 Looks a player. Sharp, always wanting the ball and adapted well to both RM and CM.

Galbraith- No time

Ref- ABSOLUTELY HOPELESS. A homer who somehow didnt become wise to the Dunfy strikers ploy of not jumping for any ball pumped up to them all game, giving foul after foul against our CB's for merely jumping to head the ball. Penalty (dive or not) was a stonewaller, the 'drop ball' at the end was a clear advantage to Dunfermline, and lots of other minor decisions made no sense whatsoever.

The big thing I've taken from today is that, while our defence is still lacking severely, when we stop humping balls up the pitch and pass it around we actually look like a bit of a football team. As soon as we started passing it around Dunfermline couldnt deal with us.

Onwards and upwards! :flag:

muzzhfc
14-01-2012, 10:08 PM
why is it wotherspoon is going by marks week in week out start every week come on surely needs replaced.

send him out on loan to a first division team to get his confidence back. was a good player under yogi (braces for abuse about to recieve) then was jerked about by jerkerwood

The Harp Awakes
15-01-2012, 12:43 AM
send him out on loan to a first division team to get his confidence back. was a good player under yogi (braces for abuse about to recieve) then was jerked about by jerkerwood

Spoony is a decent young player but has gone completely of the rails on the park. I totally agree with you about Calderwood. Spoony should have been farmed him out on loan last season when his form collapsed but Calderwood persisted on him and his confidence was ripped apart.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Brown - 4 at fault for the 1st and very very lucky not to concede a 3rd like him better than stack and hope he can build on this win.

Hart - 6 one of his better games
Stephens - 7 no nonsense today immense in the 2nd half
Hanlon - 6 Played well no complaints
Booth - 6 This boy is a midfielder all day long being forced to play LB when he can't defend

Wotherspoon - 4 really lacking confidence.
Osbourne - 8 Best player but looked off the pace on occasion and will get better. (I know that comment is contradicting itself)
Stevenson - 6 a really tryer not the best footballer but did his job.
Sproule - 6 worked really hard silly booking but overall decent performance

Griffiths - 7 It would have been 10 if he could take a corner and was not such a greedy twat when Doyle was making great runs.
Doyle - 6 looks very good off the ball makes great runs and works hard. On the ball he needs better service and a bit more luck.

Subs:
O'Connor - 7 Great finish but should have stayed on his feet for the weak challange and slammed the ball in the net may have been a pen but massive swan dive did not help
Franomb - 7 Very very good debut held the ball passed to Hibs players and with more confidence could have been in 1 on 1 on the keeper.
Galbraith - 4 not enough time for me will never be good enough prove me wrong.

Ref - Just poor never let the game flow and seemed to be homer.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
15-01-2012, 01:32 AM
The only 3 players I thought we really bad today were Stevenson, Stephens and Sproule. The rest put in a decent shift. Regardless we won and that all that counts !

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 01:47 AM
The only 3 players I thought we really bad today were Stevenson, Stephens and Sproule. The rest put in a decent shift. Regardless we won and that all that counts !

Surely some mistake in 2nd half he was immense

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2012, 01:51 AM

Really? Myself and many others thought Stephens was pushing for MOM today

forthhibby
15-01-2012, 07:42 AM
What's the betting that in papers match report will say 'referee 7, got all big decisions correct'

SneakersO'Toole
15-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Stephens, Osbourne and Griffiths were best for us.

Booth and Sproule had their best games for ages, although still not fantastic.

Brown was stinking for their 1st goal but made some decent saves. Stack is the better goalie IMO.

Wotherspoon would give Galbraith a run for his money in a 'heart of a mouse' contest. He was very poor and needs either a farmed out on loan or a serious rest from the 1st team.