PDA

View Full Version : Just back....thoughts from the game

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Was scrappy but a win is a win and we never gave up.

Great turnout of fans - Why the Pars never sort the ticketing out ? Some tickets with numbers on - other people no tickets - solution - just give everyone a ticket when they enter with a seat number - not the carry on with fans missing parts of the games.

Anyway - the game...

Far too many free kicks given away in our own half - we can't defend high balls very well and Brown should have delt with the first one - I think Stack stays on his line but Brown should have delt with it better I feel. He did make a few good saves and spilled one 2nd half which was cleared off the line I think - was hard to see from other end.

After going behind again - LG took 1st goal well - Ozzy was offside but left it and LG finished well.

2nd goal - Brown finally plays it short and quick out wide to Booth - who made a great run -60 yards and passed to LG who passes to GOC -GOC took it very well - looked like a stonewall penalty instead of a yellow for diving - GOC has been diving this season but this was a pen - ref was shocking all day for both teams.

Pars 2nd goal - unmarked player again at back post - we had a scare 2 mins earlier and when we left a player wide open - 2nd time they took the chance and made it 2v2.

Our winner - Turner the Pars keeper should have saved it as it was a weak shot - but we were due some luck.

Overall team put in a pretty good shift - young players did pretty well at back - we need to get a settled back 4 though(back 5 with a better keeper). Hart still worries me 1v1 but he did ok 2nd half - Booth, Hanlon and Stevens did better today - but need experience alongside them to help them.

Thought Ivan did well today - especially 2nd half - I like how he's encouraging players and getting the fans behind the team - we still need a real captain though.

Ozzy in midfield started slow but got better and better - build the team around him - made some strong runs today and was off the pace a little as expected having been out for several weeks but he's decent.

Stevenson - same as always - effort and tries always to pass the ball.

Doyle - great movement and did fine - just ball didn't get to him much.

LG - stupid yellow (kicking ball over the stand?!) - but took his goals well - reminds me of Deek.

George came on and did well - looks like he can play right back, right midfield and ended up center midfield.

Great to see players come over and celebrate with the fans - delighted we won - hopefully more confidence and we will stay up but need to get away from the Pars and get safe ASAP.

Fenlon is making us better and in short space of time so far - long may it continue!

:thumbsup:

Thoughts ?

Jones28
14-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Agree with all that :agree:
Fans made it for me, sang the whole game and really spurred the team on:flag:

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 06:22 PM

Going to add the subs were made at the right time and Felon is really trying to get the fans behind him :agree:

Dunfermline is a good away day - but the crowds they are getting are shocking - shame as it's a nice little stadium.

I really hope we can keep hold onto LG and GOC going for next season - they have goals in them - just need some more steel in midfield - and a few defenders and a leader and we will do ok in the league :agree:

stoneyburn hibs
14-01-2012, 06:26 PM

We must have given them a lot of encouragement , it was great to be a hibby today , i am a happy clapper tonight

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 06:34 PM
We must have given them a lot of encouragement , it was great to be a hibby today , i am a happy clapper tonight

Was a much more positive attitude from the fans - maybe the Hibs.net threads are working :greengrin

The only shouts today were when players made bad choices - which if a u15 team did you would be thinking why do that - these guys are pro's and should be better at making decisions - when to pass forward - play one /two touch etc.

Cropley10
14-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Was a much more positive attitude from the fans - maybe the Hibs.net threads are working :greengrin

The only shouts today were when players made bad choices - which if a u15 team did you would be thinking why do that - these guys are pro's and should be better at making decisions - when to pass forward - play one /two touch etc.

Totally agree with the last part you can't blame folk for getting upset at the really really basic stuff.

Should add great summary and a great afternoon out with the wee man and two of his pals at their first away game!

stoneyburn hibs
14-01-2012, 06:45 PM

It was a much more enjoyable experience being in a crowd that were for the most part positive, personally be it good or bad i dont have much to say during a game whatever is happening , and i would put todays hibs crowd as the best so far this season, just above the abandoned well game , hopefully it continues.

Planet Hibs
14-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Have to agree with much of this, great turnout and good vibe even after they scored. Some schoolboy stuff still evident especially in defence and much work is required to sort this out which im sure Fenlon is working on. George came on an immediately you could tell the lad had composure and a good touch..lets hope this is seen alot in the next few months. Main guys for me today were Stevens/Osborne/Griffiths. Attitude and desire was good to see and great mutual applause at the end of what was a poor in quality but nonetheless an entertaining game. 2 or 3 new signings required to see us I think to end of season for a complete rehaul

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Best atmosphere at a game since st Johnstone at home last February.

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Michael Hart cleared one off the line at a crucial time in the game - couldn't see who it was at the time but well done to him. Still think we need a better right back though :agree:

coco22
14-01-2012, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=NJ Hibee;3074684]Was scrappy but a win is a win and we never gave up.

Thought Ivan did well today - especially 2nd half - I like how he's encouraging players and getting the fans behind the team - we still need a real captain though.

agree with all of your points except the one about ivan. think that boothy and sproule look vulnerable on the left (as they did last time at EEP).

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=NJ Hibee;3074684]Was scrappy but a win is a win and we never gave up.

agree with all of your points except the one about ivan. think that boothy and sproule look vulnerable on the left (as they did last time at EEP).

I thought Booth did ok - maybe midfield may suit him more ?

Linked up well with Ivan in first half at one point.

Ivan got past his man several times in 2nd half - final ball or forwards movement was lacking though.

Heard Ivan is having a very positive influence around the dressing room getting players up for the game which is great to hear :thumbsup:

dmc1875
14-01-2012, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=coco22;3074837]

I thought Booth did ok - maybe midfield may suit him more ?

Linked up well with Ivan in first half at one point.

Ivan got past his man several times in 2nd half - final ball or forwards movement was lacking though.

Heard Ivan is having a very positive influence around the dressing room getting players up for the game which is great to hear :thumbsup:

I have heard similar. Regardless of his performances he bleeds green and is really 'one of our own' so to speak and I think Fenlon has noticed that (hence the captaincy).

I noticed he was talking to the players a lot more today, seemed really up for it and was constantly trying to lift them which was pleasing to see.

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=NJ Hibee;3074909]

I have heard similar. Regardless of his performances he bleeds green and is really 'one of our own' so to speak and I think Fenlon has noticed that (hence the captaincy).

I noticed he was talking to the players a lot more today, seemed really up for it and was constantly trying to lift them which was pleasing to see.

His gestures to the crowd at the 3rd goal suggested "I love this club".
Never a bad thing

Liberal Hibby
14-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Going to add the subs were made at the right time and Felon is really trying to get the fans behind him :agree:

It would be criminal if he wasn't...

IWasThere2016
14-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Best atmosphere at a game since st Johnstone at home last February.

Great support today - get behind the team .. It makes ALL the difference! :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Great support today - get behind the team .. It makes ALL the difference! :thumbsup:

It SO does. I know I have mentioned the st Johnstone game last February a few times on this message board, but I genuinely believe that the crowd played a HUGE part in the result that game. As we did today!!

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 11:28 PM
It SO does. I know I have mentioned the st Johnstone game last February a few times on this message board, but I genuinely believe that the crowd played a HUGE part in the result that game. As we did today!!

What about the St Mirren game? :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9384278.stm

monktonharp
14-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Great support today - get behind the team .. It makes ALL the difference! :thumbsup: I thought that all the plaudits for the singing etc went to the guys that were sheperded out of the big stand we were in, into the wee side section. they started most of the singing, although there was a good noise fae the young team down to our left near the front. overall, the supporters gave fantastic encouragement throughout the game.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I thought that all the plaudits for the singing etc went to the guys that were sheperded out of the big stand we were in, into the wee side section. they started most of the singing, although there was a good noise fae the young team down to our left near the front. overall, the supporters gave fantastic encouragement throughout the game.

Don't disagree .. we must get behind the team .. always, Slag them here - not the game. At the game be as one - it will make a difference.

GreenCastle
15-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Don't disagree .. we must get behind the team .. always, Slag them here - not the game. At the game be as one - it will make a difference.

:agree::thumbsup:

Pars have 3 tough away games coming up - we have St J at home, Huns away and then Scottish Cup game and Dons home - 3 home wins possible :agree: But all will be tough games - but could open up a gap at the bottom of the league.

Sas_The_Hibby
15-01-2012, 10:06 AM
It would be criminal if he wasn't...

:greengrin:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2012, 10:09 AM
What about the St Mirren game? :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9384278.stm

Well, saint something. I was close enough :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
15-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Michael Hart cleared one off the line at a crucial time in the game - couldn't see who it was at the time but well done to him. Still think we need a better right back though :agree:

Play him but just leave him on the goal line all the time. He wouldn't be playing opposition players onside either, if we keep our keeper in the centre circle............... :wink:

GreenCastle
15-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Play him but just leave him on the goal line all the time. He wouldn't be playing opposition players onside either, if we keep our keeper in the centre circle............... :wink:

:faf:

Our goalie on the centre circle would mean coming off their line - our keepers rarely come off their lines :wink::wink:

SquashedFrogg
15-01-2012, 10:26 AM

On the subject of Hart, loved it (and nearly sh*t myself) when in stoppage time in our half he tapped the ball past their winger and gathered the ball in one movement.

Probably not the best impression of Daniel Alves but demonstrated an unseen confidence in the guy :top marks

I'm in the tricky process of convincing my boy that Hibs are his future and yesterday (albeit one game) went along way in my quest. He loved it! :flag:

Sas_The_Hibby
15-01-2012, 11:52 AM
:faf:

Our goalie on the centre circle would mean coming off their line - our keepers rarely come off their lines :wink::wink:

:thumbsup: