PDA

View Full Version : Hibs crowd today

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 06:46 PM
It was rather unusual seeing a Hibs crowd supporting the players today for a change.

Credit to all who travelled as it clearly boosted the players:agree:

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 06:48 PM
It was a fantastic travelling support today, it must have been close to being the kind of number that we're getting at Easter Road at the moment.

Keith_M
14-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Anybody got photos?

Preferably after everybody finally managed to get in :wink:

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 06:49 PM
It was a fantastic travelling support today, it must have been close to being the kind of number that we're getting at Easter Road at the moment.
I think I saw the crowd was 6278 or something an there were more Hibbys there than Dunfermline fans:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Much better today when support was given, beats booing and I think actually spurred them on, full time showed just what it meant to players, especially LG and GOC

Bobo
14-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I think I saw the crowd was 6278 or something an there were more Hibbys there than Dunfermline fans:agree:

6780 according to the BBC so a very health Hibs support then. :aok:

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 06:58 PM
http://img181.imagevenue.com/loc375/th_67515_Hibsbeforeko_122_375lo.jpg (http://img181.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67515_Hibsbeforeko_122_375lo.jpg)

http://img168.imagevenue.com/loc1032/th_67516_HibsFT_122_1032lo.jpg (http://img168.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67516_HibsFT_122_1032lo.jpg)

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 07:11 PM
The players probably prefer playing away from home at the minute. Get a much better backing from the crowd.

forthhibby
14-01-2012, 07:12 PM
players coming over to acknowledge support pre match at the end of their warm up helped get fans behind the team

john18722
14-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Video from end of game today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVUy-sGe1ec&feature=plcp&context=C3a2628bUDOEgsToPDskJ0s5PyVZ0ST4KbH2vLcwwD

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-01-2012, 07:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVUy-sGe1ec&feature=plcp&context=C3a2628bUDOEgsToPDskJ0s5PyVZ0ST4KbH2vLcwwD

:thumbsup:

Saorsa
14-01-2012, 07:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVUy-sGe1ec&feature=plcp&context=C3a2628bUDOEgsToPDskJ0s5PyVZ0ST4KbH2vLcwwD :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lyonhibs
14-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Would it be safe to assume that we also had the wee stand to the right?

Great turnout, matched by a great result :flag:

yorkshire hib
14-01-2012, 07:25 PM
http://img181.imagevenue.com/loc375/th_67515_Hibsbeforeko_122_375lo.jpg (http://img181.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67515_Hibsbeforeko_122_375lo.jpg)

http://img168.imagevenue.com/loc1032/th_67516_HibsFT_122_1032lo.jpg (http://img168.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67516_HibsFT_122_1032lo.jpg)
great turn out. well done to all that went:not worth

andy1875
14-01-2012, 07:26 PM

Cracking video that! That type o singing puts the hairs on the back o your neck stand up watching that and is what makes me love our club. That feeling I'm afraid has been somewhat disappearing for most over the last couple o years. Good to have it back tonight!Long may it continue.

Hail Hail

col02
14-01-2012, 07:29 PM
The passion shown by the players on the pitch and the fans in the stands is what supporting Hibernian is all about for me.

Dinkydoo
14-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Must of been my positive influence :wink:

What a day though, great crowd and great result :flag:

GGTTH

CallumHibs07
14-01-2012, 07:33 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/20963rk.jpg

:not worth

Leithenhibby
14-01-2012, 07:36 PM
The passion shown by the players on the pitch and the fans in the stands is what supporting Hibernian is all about for me.

:top marks And me, and I think for most of us :agree: :wink:

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 07:39 PM
players coming over to acknowledge support pre match at the end of their warm up helped get fans behind the team

I think they were stunned how many people bothered there erse to turn up:agree:

leither17
14-01-2012, 07:41 PM
who was the player doing the wee dance to the fans singing there :thumbsup:

FastEddieFelson
14-01-2012, 07:47 PM
who was the player doing the wee dance to the fans singing there :thumbsup:

griffiths

Crab apple
14-01-2012, 07:49 PM
First time I've come back hoarse from a game in ages. Fantastic support today. Still far from the finished article but we should give big praise to the players for effort. I thought for a young guy Stevens was immense and I actually prefer him there to O'Hanlon. Osbourne is one of the few positive legacies from CC's time. Leigh G was also much better today. Fenlon seems to know what he's doing and that for me is the biggest positive from today. Well done everyone.

GGTTH

Albion Hibs
14-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Was a great turnout and a support that was right behind the team. Shows what we can be as a football team and a fan base when we want to be.

Fingers crossed we get a similar increase in turnout at home next week, and the mentality of support carries on. If nothing else it will give the club a few more quid to pass on to Pat to throw into the transfer fund.

Billy Whizz
14-01-2012, 07:53 PM
I think next week is a Hibs kid game, so hopefully a few more turn out

Docker
14-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Would it be safe to assume that we also had the wee stand to the right?

Great turnout, matched by a great result :flag:

Wee stand was the over-flow from behind the goals..........and don't forget the few hundred of us that were in the Main Stand!!!

Great support today.....

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Fab day out and well worth it despite the likely banning order and prison sentence for my unprovoked attack on shoppers in the Kingsgate Centre after the game. All down to following PF's philosophy. Think I got away with it when I told the arresting officers 'who wants some then?' was an attempt to attract shoppers to the bargains on offer.

Before the next derby I'm having a square go with Shaun Lawson on the steps of the Norwich Union building.

Seriously, great to see Hibs fans acting like Hibs fans, backing the team and enjoying a big green fun day out, instead of all this dreary whinging we've sadly become used to.

I blame Nutsy. Let's get CC back so we can have a damn good moan.

BroxburnHibee
14-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Fab day out and well worth it despite the likely banning order and prison sentence for my unprovoked attack on shoppers in the Kingsgate Centre after the game. All down to following PF's philosophy. Think I got away with it when I told the arresting officers 'who wants some then?' was an attempt to attract shoppers to the bargains on offer.

Before the next derby I'm having a square go with Shaun Lawson on the steps of the Norwich Union building.

Seriously, great to see Hibs fans acting like Hibs fans, backing the team and enjoying a big green fun day out, instead of all this dreary whinging we've sadly become used to.

:top marks

frazeHFC
14-01-2012, 09:01 PM
That was brilliant. :thumbsup: The crowd was absolutely terrific and never seen so much passion from the team. When they came over in their pre-match warm-up it got everyone on their feet. :thumbsup:

My throat is killing me now but what a support, the singing especially after goals and FT was immense. :thumbsup:

Bohemian_Hibee
14-01-2012, 09:17 PM

Surely not the same Nutsy who you argued long and hard with me about over the years? Nah, didn't think so...

jdships
14-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Wasn't at the game but have just spoken with a friend, Sergeant in Fife police, and their estimate of Hibs supporters was 3200/3400 Would that appear correct to those who were there ?

JIm
14-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Wasn't at the game but have just spoken with a friend, Sergeant in Fife police, and their estimate of Hibs supporters was 3200/3400 Would that appear correct to those who were there ?

Closer to 4000 IMO

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 09:29 PM

The stand behind the goal (which, according to this (http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/dunfermline.htm) site holds just over 3,000 fans) was completely full and I reckon there were a couple of hundred moved into the side stand so that estimate is probably about right.

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Amen

Winston Ingram
14-01-2012, 09:48 PM

No far off

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Surely not the same Nutsy who you argued long and hard with me about over the years? Nah, didn't think so...

Yes HD, and I got fed up defending the man against your unprovoked and uncalled for attacks. The proof of the pudding is in the eating: he left Dublin to get away from your bitterness and came to Edinburgh under Bobby here's nurturing wing.

Hibeesmad
14-01-2012, 10:52 PM
That was a brilliant support today but we need to keep on turning up for these games and supporting the team! Starting with st Johnstone next week! :flag:

Ferryhibby
15-01-2012, 12:53 AM
It was an absolute pleasure being a hibs fan there today altho the team gave us an unbelieveable nerve shattering 90 mins the support were brilliant and the team responded, mustv been great for them to play infront of a support like that lets hope we can all keep it going

ALF TUPPER
15-01-2012, 02:27 AM
It was an absolute pleasure being a hibs fan there today altho the team gave us an unbelieveable nerve shattering 90 mins the support were brilliant and the team responded, mustv been great for them to play infront of a support like that lets hope we can all keep it going

Support was fantastic and the players and coaches really appreciated it. ( I think they were all quite surprised at our numbers and vocal support.

The performance for the majority was not good for my dicky ticker ! But 3 points - job done !!...

Sammy7nil
15-01-2012, 02:47 AM

I agree.

But Leigh got the 1st at the right time there were murmurs of discontent.

I thought for such a large support we never got right behind the team until the 2nd half when the fans were GREAT.

I do think the players have a duty to nget the fans going and when the played well the fans responed long may it continue.

RIP
15-01-2012, 07:49 AM
I was disappointed to have to sit the whole game, normally we have a standing area at the back where the singing starts. The crowd behind the goal was very quiet other than after the goals and at the end.

weonlywon6-2
15-01-2012, 07:59 AM
First time I've come back hoarse from a game in ages. Fantastic support today. Still far from the finished article but we should give big praise to the players for effort. I thought for a young guy Stevens was immense and I actually prefer him there to O'Hanlon. Osbourne is one of the few positive legacies from CC's time. Leigh G was also much better today. Fenlon seems to know what he's doing and that for me is the biggest positive from today. Well done everyone.

GGTTH

agree with you about stevens and ozzy,thought griffiths worked his socks of,as they all did be he stood out for me.

the big things to come out the game was to come back from going behind and scoring the third after just conceeding

francom really looked when he came on as well

well done hibs:thumbsup:

well done the great support:top marks

hibiedude
15-01-2012, 08:19 AM
It was rather unusual seeing a Hibs crowd supporting the players today for a change.

might have something to do with players giving the fans something to cheer about - and yes I was at the game.

Baker9
15-01-2012, 08:37 AM

Fabulous atmosphere. Judging by the crowd around where I was there were a good few non-regular attenders (Turnbull era) who had turned out for a relegation battle in the same way they would for a cup final. A higher than normal percentage of over-60s attracted by the £12 concession age? The players loved it and I bet Pat Fenlon slept like a top last night for the first time since he came.
:pfgwa

lucky
15-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Good day out and good result. Big support, I thought there was more Hibs fans there than Pars as such I would have the support around the 4000 leaving 2700 home supporters. But it does not matter we got 3 points.

Bohemian_Hibee
15-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Yes HD, and I got fed up defending the man against your unprovoked and uncalled for attacks. The proof of the pudding is in the eating: he left Dublin to get away from your bitterness and came to Edinburgh under Bobby here's nurturing wing.

Not to worry DBS, we all get it wrong sometime.:na na: I hope you're still eating humble pie for many years to come with Fenlon at the summit

Iggy Pope
15-01-2012, 08:43 PM
The stand behind the goal (which, according to this (http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/dunfermline.htm) site holds just over 3,000 fans) was completely full and I reckon there were a couple of hundred moved into the side stand so that estimate is probably about right.

Seemed more than a couple of hundred in there to me. I think there was three hundred queuing for the bog at half time.
Thought at times that the contingent in the Shed (I ended up there even though I had a ticket for the Stand) was more vocal at times as well.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 08:58 PM
I was disappointed to have to sit the whole game, normally we have a standing area at the back where the singing starts. The crowd behind the goal was very quiet other than after the goals and at the end.

Why did you sit? There was plenty standing down the front on left hand side behind the goal.

RIP
15-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Seemed more than a couple of hundred in there to me. I think there was three hundred queuing for the bog at half time.
Thought at times that the contingent in the Shed (I ended up there even though I had a ticket for the Stand) was more vocal at times as well.

Why did you sit? There was plenty standing down the front on left hand side behind the goal.

Yeh. The Baby Crew from Sect43 were doon the front having a wee party of their own. Hats off to them - they certainly connected with the players. The only problem was they weren't singing that the crowd could hear - I guess the acoustics are non-existent at the front wall whereas the side shed had good acoustics. On the rare occasions the fans at the top behind our goal sang, the noise was quite loud.

I always reckon singing is best standing up and that it's heard best at the top of a stand under a roof. No coincidence that the Dunfy Singing Section were standing high up in their own stand

Shrekko
15-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Yeh. The Baby Crew from Sect43 were doon the front having a wee party of their own. Hats off to them - they certainly connected with the players. The only problem was they weren't singing that the crowd could hear

Only time I heard your baby crew was when they were singing something to someone in the Dunfermline end- surprise surprise it was 'paedo' related. Can you not have a word with them about all these paedo songs? It's starting
to get a bit creepy.

I thought it was overall a very positive support yesterday. Good singing and proper Hibs songs. The boo's after Griffith's 3 bad corners were the only negative.

Actually one of the most enjoyable away games for many a year IMO.

PatHead
15-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Thought the crowd was excellent yesterday. Only downer for me were 2 twats in the shed who insisted on giving Hart in the first half and Sproule in the second half the benefit of their highly honed football knowledge. One of the guys who was right at the front, aged about 50 was called Malcolm. He moved at half time thank god. Other one 2 rows behind him, must have been about 30, bit hefty, next to a pillar kept his verbals up for the whole game. Can these guys either shut up and stop ruining it for everyone around them or go and follow Hearts? You don't help the players or the atmosphere in any way.

Funny how our 2 best performances under PF have been at Mwell and Dunfermline when backed by the big away support.

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Only time I heard your baby crew was when they were singing something to someone in the Dunfermline end- surprise surprise it was 'paedo' related. Can you not have a word with them about all these paedo songs? It's starting to get a bit creepy.I thought it was overall a very positive support yesterday. Good singing and proper Hibs songs. The boo's after Griffith's 3 bad corners were the only negative.Actually one of the most enjoyable away games for many a year IMO.i've been trying to figure that one out as well :dunno: i thought it was just banter with the guy at first, but cant fathom out wtf the peado stuff was all about.

p.s. and as said above, the young dunfy guys up in the top right-hand corner gave them a good bit of support(when they weren't slaggin leigh griffiths that is) but were vastly outsung by the away support :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 11:53 PM
]i've been trying to figure that one out as well :dunno: i thought it was just banter with the guy at first, but cant fathom out wtf the peado stuff was all about.[/B]

p.s. and as said above, the young dunfy guys up in the top right-hand corner gave them a good bit of support(when they weren't slaggin leigh griffiths that is) but were vastly outsung by the away support :greengrin

I asked one of them why they were singing about a paedo, answer: it was because the Dunfy fan giving them grief when Dunfy scored had a kid with him!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I asked one of them why they were singing about a paedo, answer: it was because the Dunfy fan giving them grief when Dunfy scored had a kid with him!!!!

oh dear :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Not to worry DBS, we all get it wrong sometime.:na na: I hope you're still eating humble pie for many years to come with Fenlon at the summit

I hope so too HD. And I hope that you chaps can get Dalymount out off the hands of those horrible Zurich people.

Shrekko
16-01-2012, 12:06 AM

That is rank rotten banter and as I say it's become a bit perplexing the amount of chants about paedos that have been sung by sect43 (or whatever they're called at present) in the past year or 2. Maybe Gogs43 can enlighten at some point.

Of course, we'll no doubt getting folk giving the usual arguments about how you used to be able to sing much worse than that before the 'pc brigade' came to the fore and it's just having fun, creating atmosphere, everyone else is boring etc etc.

basehibby
16-01-2012, 12:40 AM

:blushie: Dear o Dear - someone needs to tell them to shut the **** up about paedos - not witty at all - just moronic.

NB - no probs with them apart from that - made a load of noise and got behind the team.

RIP
16-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Only time I heard your baby crew was when they were singing something to someone in the Dunfermline end- surprise surprise it was 'paedo' related. Can you not have a word with them about all these paedo songs? It's starting
to get a bit creepy.

I thought it was overall a very positive support yesterday. Good singing and proper Hibs songs. The boo's after Griffith's 3 bad corners were the only negative.

Actually one of the most enjoyable away games for many a year IMO.

The Sect43 laddies are young (between 13 and 21) so they are bound to make a few mis-judgements. They have a meeting after the St Johnstone game so I'm happy to bring it up. However some of them post on here so it's probably best that they read comments from fellow supporters for themselves, rather than hearing it second hand from me.

I applaud their enthusiasm and the flag making is terrific. I'm confused by their need to set themselves apart because at the last game at East End park in September the singing was loud and long with them stood in the main crowd. Nobody could hear them down the front. It's critical we keep the singing flowing in one group at Easter Road

Sammy7nil
16-01-2012, 12:10 PM
The Sect43 laddies are young (between 13 and 21) so they are bound to make a few mis-judgements. They have a meeting after the St Johnstone game so I'm happy to bring it up. However some of them post on here so it's probably best that they read comments from fellow supporters for themselves, rather than hearing it second hand from me.

I applaud their enthusiasm and the flag making is terrific. I'm confused by their need to set themselves apart because at the last game at East End park in September the singing was loud and long with them stood in the main crowd. Nobody could hear them down the front. It's critical we keep the singing flowing in one group at Easter Road

Tell them to put some green on the white flags it looked like we were surrendering before ko with all the white flag waving. :wink::wink::wink:

vercol36
16-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeh. The Baby Crew from Sect43 were doon the front having a wee party of their own. Hats off to them - they certainly connected with the players. The only problem was they weren't singing that the crowd could hear - I guess the acoustics are non-existent at the front wall whereas the side shed had good acoustics. On the rare occasions the fans at the top behind our goal sang, the noise was quite loud.

I always reckon singing is best standing up and that it's heard best at the top of a stand under a roof. No coincidence that the Dunfy Singing Section were standing high up in their own stand

Uh oh, are we associating Sect43 with the CCS now?

Thomson1875
16-01-2012, 12:34 PM
To be fair I never seen a wee laddie with the guy that was getting some stick, what I remember there was only 1 maybe 2 peedo shouts/song towards him because he was doing some 'sexual' type gestures and when there's a bunch of wee laddies with sect43 then its a bit wrong that he was directing it towards our younger laddies.

Please don't go into sect43 bashing mode as half us are trying our bests, we didn't have to try so hard with the excellent hibs crowd there cheering the team on. In all honesty I'm no sure where a few are getting that we sing the peedo songs a lot when we don't.

SquashedFrogg
16-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Have to say that whilst some of the songs may be questionable the section 43 crowd bring back memories of my younger years in the east. Refreshing to see the return of a bit of Hibby mentalness that has sadly declined over the last few years.

I for one hope that this group grow and grow because they bring a bit of colour to the proceedings.

We need this demographic following our team. The next generation.

As a 36 year old dad taking my son to the games now can only look on with a bit of nostalgia as they bounce up and down singing and dancing.

I'm sure I sung a few 'non pc' songs on the east in my younger days and went a bit mental. Bring those days back I say!!

....we are the mental HFC...

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Have to say that whilst some of the songs may be questionable the section 43 crowd bring back memories of my younger years in the east. Refreshing to see the return of a bit of Hibby mentalness that has sadly declined over the last few years.

I for one hope that this group grow and grow because they bring a bit of colour to the proceedings.

We need this demographic following our team. The next generation.

As a 36 year old dad taking my son to the games now can only look on with a bit of nostalgia as they bounce up and down singing and dancing.

I'm sure I sung a few 'non pc' songs on the east in my younger days and went a bit mental. Bring those days back I say!!

....we are the mental HFC...

I agree 100%, :top marks i think we all have said or chanted or sung something we all know to be wrong, and sometimes in my older years i cringe at whats sung these days, but its all part of growing up.

We as a support need to join in more, join in with the songs we all agree with. If those that are starting the chanting hear this, then those songs will get sung more, everyones a winner.:thumbsup:

Shrekko
16-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree 100%, :top marks i think we all have said or chanted or sung something we all know to be wrong, and sometimes in my older years i cringe at whats sung these days, but its all part of growing up.

We as a support need to join in more, join in with the songs we all agree with. If those that are starting the chanting hear this, then those songs will get sung more, everyones a winner.:thumbsup:

I think, if I'm not mistaken that Gogs43 has said himself that the big problem in this respect is that a lot of the songs this group sings just don't get people around them joining in- for obvious reasons.

I'm sure that a lot of folk would be more than willing to singalong- even the non PC stuff, but there are limits.

I also think, these boys need to be in the middle of the East to have the desired effect. They seem isolated in a fairly sparsely populated bit of the ground to me.

The idea is there- I hope we do see a return to louder and more frequent singing in the ground. I enjoyed it on Saturday.

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Utter bollocks. I am more than happy to meet you at the next home game and get you to point out who said this. 18 of us travelled I do not believe any of the people I travelled with would have said this. What row were you sitting in at Dunfy? It could have been another Hibs fan just sitting there but I do not believe any of S43 would have said this.

As I stated, more than happy to meet up at the next game and have you point them out as everyone I travelled with sit together in the East.

Anything to shoot the group down I suppose.

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 06:24 PM

We tried something different. Gathered at the front of the stand to see if the noise would spread better. Was the exact same as the back IMO. Wherever we sit we will be amoungst the Hibs support? So either way, people should join in if they want to.

Wherer were the main crowd in the stand? The whole stand was packed, not one section, so it was all the "main crowd".

Hibs07p
16-01-2012, 07:10 PM
We tried something different. Gathered at the front of the stand to see if the noise would spread better. Was the exact same as the back IMO. Wherever we sit we will be amoungst the Hibs support? So either way, people should join in if they want to.

Wherer were the main crowd in the stand? The whole stand was packed, not one section, so it was all the "main crowd".

Nostalgia time. In my day, at Tynecastle, the natives used to congregate under the cameras in the Westfield and to populate the whole shed to generate the most noise. This was the only covered area in the ground apart from the Asbestos Stand. At this time there was no segregation, and it wasn't unusual for the Hibs support to arrive early and "claim" that spot for themselves, or even turn up late and "claim" it also. If my memory serves me right, there was a good proportion of that terrace claimed by the Hibbies on 01/01/1973. The point I'm trying to make, is that if the singing section is in the centre of any stand, home or away, it will probably have more impact, by attracting people on the fringes to join in. If you are in the corner or down the front, it might be a bit more difficult. Every initiative is important to make our support noisier, good or bad.

:pfgwa

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Utter bollocks. I am more than happy to meet you at the next home game and get you to point out who said this. 18 of us travelled I do not believe any of the people I travelled with would have said this. What row were you sitting in at Dunfy? It could have been another Hibs fan just sitting there but I do not believe any of S43 would have said this.

As I stated, more than happy to meet up at the next game and have you point them out as everyone I travelled with sit together in the East.

Anything to shoot the group down I suppose.

Whoa steady, I asked one lad who was about 18 and was in the section at the front down to the left the question and that was the answer I got so it wasn't utter bollocks from me at all!!! There was certainly more than 18 in that section at the time, I don't know if he was the so called S43 at all how would I (do you have S43 tattooed on yer foreheads or summit)? Not trying to shoot down your group at all, the question was asked on here why the song about a paedo so I gave the answer I was given from someone in that area.

I don't think there will be any need for an identity parade do you?

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Whoa steady, I asked one lad who was about 18 and was in the section at the front down to the left the question and that was the answer I got so it wasn't utter bollocks from me at all!!! There was certainly more than 18 in that section at the time, I don't know if he was the so called S43 at all how would I (do you have S43 tattooed on yer foreheads or summit)? Not trying to shoot down your group at all, the question was asked on here why the song about a paedo so I gave the answer I was given from someone in that area.

I don't think there will be any need for an identity parade do you?

Exactly. So you asked a Hibs fan why he was singing it. I didn't sing it although people to the left of us certainly did. You assumed he was part of the group and saying that S43 are singing about paedos is making a wild assumption. No wonder we get shot down and a bad name for ourselves at times.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Exactly. So you asked a Hibs fan why he was singing it. I didn't sing it although people to the left of us certainly did. You assumed he was part of the group and saying that S43 are singing about paedos is making a wild assumption. No wonder we get shot down and a bad name for ourselves at times.

Did I say that? I've already explained that I was referring to the group at the front to the left and have no idea who was S43 or not. So go away dry your eyes and carry on singing!

greenlex
16-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Scouse Hibee inarguement shocker.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Scouse Hibee inarguement shocker.

Just a heated discussion, nothing more :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 08:48 PM
"I asked one of them"

Who are them? Considering all previous references were made to S43, it would be a sensible guess that you meant one of us.

We are trying our best to keep a bit of atmosphere going at what has been a dreadful time for us all as Hibs fans. It get on my nerves seeing constant digs and negative posts about the group when all we have done is tried to install a bit of atmosphere again, add colour, have displays and create new songs.

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, just the general concensus across this board.

SquashedFrogg
16-01-2012, 08:48 PM

I thought down the front worked well :agree: Watching you guys bouncing and singing from row x was great to see! Not sure if it was coincidence but it was interesting to see Garry and Lee head towards you guys after the 3rd goal. It must have some sort of effect on the players seeing that madness?

Ideally, I'd love to see the entire famous 5 stand turned into an 'ultras' kind of section. Imagine 3500 with flags and banners bouncing up and down, that would be awesome!

Keep up the good work guys :pfgwa

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Did I say that? I've already explained that I was referring to the group at the front to the left and have no idea who was S43 or not. So go away dry your eyes and carry on singing!

Eyes are all dried up after reading your posts:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 08:51 PM
I thought down the front worked well :agree: Watching you guys bouncing and singing from row x was great to see! Not sure if it was coincidence but it was interesting to see Garry and Lee head towards you guys after the 3rd goal. It must have some sort of effect on the players seeing that madness?

Ideally, I'd love to see the entire famous 5 stand turned into an 'ultras' kind of section. Imagine 3500 with flags and banners bouncing up and down, that would be awesome!

Work in progress, watch this space :aok:

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 08:54 PM
"I asked one of them"

Who are them? Considering all previous references were made to S43, it would be a sensible guess that you meant one of us.

We are trying our best to keep a bit of atmosphere going at what has been a dreadful time for us all as Hibs fans. It get on my nerves seeing constant digs and negative posts about the group when all we have done is tried to install a bit of atmosphere again, add colour, have displays and create new songs.

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, just the general concensus across this board.

:brickwall FFS FOR THE LAST TIME THE SECTION AT THE FRONT TO THE LEFT NUMBERING MORE THAN YOUR 18...................STOP CRYING :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 08:56 PM
:brickwall FFS FOR THE LAST TIME THE SECTION AT THE FRONT TO THE LEFT NUMBERING MORE THAN YOUR 18...................STOP CRYING

:fishin:

SquashedFrogg
16-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Work in progress, watch this space :aok:

Honestly mate, I've nothing but support for you guys. As you state, you are work in progress but we've missed having that wee bit of mentalness/atmosphere.

As much as it pains me to say it we've lacked in this department for a few years now. We need the next generation bringing back a bit of oomph to proceedings.

Saturdays atmosphere (albeit winning helps) was as good as I've experienced in a long time :agree: I'm aware away games generally seem to create a more tribal feel amongst fans but I genuinely feel it had an impact on the players.

That's why a more realistic starting point of the ff stand would be an idea. I know for a fact I'd buy my season ticket in there if the atmosphere was like Saturday :agree:

Getting a bit carried away here but get someone with a mega phone in there as well starting the chants and the place would explode!

For the record it was the entire support how done us proud on Sat..

:aok:

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Discussions are taking place about piloting the FF for a few games. The FF lower would certainly be easier to do displays.

SquashedFrogg
16-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Discussions are taking place about piloting the FF for a few games. The FF lower would certainly be easier to do displays.

Great news :agree: Defo worth a try.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 09:08 PM

Brilliant, i think it will go well. :top marks

Thomson1875
16-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Pre match around 40 or so minutes pre match we where singing some support towards most of the team, mainly griffiths who seemed to appreciate it quite a bit. We decided it would be good to be down the front to give them a wee bit vocal backing prior to kickoff, was good seeing them interact with us and all the rest of the hibees that made up our wonderful support on saturday. Hope it continues.

Famous Five would be a good shout, i'm not the biggest fan of where we are at the moment. We are gradually getting better, trying to drop most of the 'silly' type songs. Alot of younger laddies joining onto us now so we hope to guide them to 100 percent back the team and step away from the anti hearts songs.

Celebrations from saturday left a few of our members injured one of the wee lads basically crowd surfed to the front over several rows great scenes though.

RIP
16-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Might be worth writing to John Boag. At the moment the only approved standing area is Section43. You will need the OK from Hibs otherwise it will be a sit-down affair

It will be good to see singing in 2 parts of the ground - boy sopranos in the FF - male voice choir in the East :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
16-01-2012, 10:13 PM
You'd be lifted within minutes for singing some of the chants we sang in the 70's/ 80's :hide:

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2012, 10:17 PM
You'd be lifted within minutes for singing some of the chants we sang in the 70's/ 80's :hide:

Exactly! I pulled a few of the boys up for constantly trying to start Hearts songs. Had a word and said support the team, forget about those ding a lings. Only Hibs songs from there on. We will get there. The 7/8 at the heart of this have now had a good 4/5 months together discussing future plans etc and we are all self motivated and extremely determined to make this work. We will not give up.