PDA

View Full Version : Shambles today

Hibby70
14-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Dear Mr Yorkston

Next time you decide to host our wonderful fans at your stadium
a) dont have a mixture of tickets with seat numbers and pay at the gate without tickets
b) or if you do let the stewards know that they should just tell everyone to sit anywhere and make a tannoy announcement to this effect
c) have a plan B just in case more fans turn up than you expected

Complete shambles from Dunfermline Athletic, G4S Stewards and Fife Constabulary.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2012, 05:26 PM
ALWAYS is mate. Amateur club and keystone cops :agree:

However, I know future away games at EEP will be all ticket.

Hibby Bairn
14-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Surely better just to make it all pay at the gate, no? Makes for bigger potential crowd and takes away all hassle.

Antifa Hibs
14-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Fantastic Hibs support. Was always going to be big so dunno why they never just opened the side stand.

Dunfi are learning though. There was still food available for sale at 3.20pm :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Why not have remaining tickets at turnstiles, the crowds at the front of stand at kick off were large, just glad no accidents happened, tin pot club mentality......They should be reprimanded for today's shambles

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Not the first time this has happened at East End Park.

Looked a complete shambles and for a good 10-15 minutes or so, it appeared to me as if everyone was just looking at each other, waiting on someone else to make a decision.

hibbymark
14-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Total shambles.The game is on its knees in Scotland and fans continue to be treated like s**t. I had a ticket today but upon entry was told to sit

anywhere which I did but it soon became obvious that not everyone was being informed of this and yip guess what happens at 2.55 ? guy arrives

and is severely peed off that im sitting in the seat he has a ticket for. I explained that it was sit anywhere but he really wasnt having it and went to

inform a steward. The steward apparently told him to go and stand infront of me and i would soon move if i couldnt see the match!!!! I blame Dunfermline

for this but cant help feel our own website helps confuse this with tickets advertised as available for x and y game when its realisticaly pay at the gate.

cocopops1875
14-01-2012, 05:50 PM
We were the same sat settled and telt to shift , daft but given the shambles down front if you had a seat number late on why not use it we got seated further back and to the side, actually plenty seats spare while folk were standing down front waiting on a decision

SneakersO'Toole
14-01-2012, 05:50 PM
They should have also delayed KO until all the fans down the front of the east stand were relocated to the north.

Seems common sense can't be applied in these situations.

greenlex
14-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Total shambles.The game is on its knees in Scotland and fans continue to be treated like s**t. I had a ticket today...........

.............. but cant help feel our own website helps confuse this with tickets advertised as available for x and y game when its realisticaly pay at the gate.
You cant blame Hibs for selling tickets they were given by Dunfermline and then Dunfermline make it PATG too.
All ticket at most games these days is not required. Daft decision IMO.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-01-2012, 06:02 PM
EEP and Tannadump are repeat offenders IMO. What really annoys me it that the " stewards" are supposedly there for crowd safety?? Now, when you go to Darkheed, the stewards are openly violent and aggressive, but at least they always like that, so no surprises. But at the two grounds I have noted above, they go from unhelpfull, to picky, to obstructive and then as they lose more and more control of the situation, they get the polis involved when it is their own lack of planning and foresight that are causing the incidents.

Badge
14-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Total shambles.The game is on its knees in Scotland and fans continue to be treated like s**t. I had a ticket today but upon entry was told to sit

anywhere which I did but it soon became obvious that not everyone was being informed of this and yip guess what happens at 2.55 ? guy arrives

and is severely peed off that im sitting in the seat he has a ticket for. I explained that it was sit anywhere but he really wasnt having it and went to

inform a steward. The steward apparently told him to go and stand infront of me and i would soon move if i couldnt see the match!!!! I blame Dunfermline

for this but cant help feel our own website helps confuse this with tickets advertised as available for x and y game when its realisticaly pay at the gate.

If it was row m seat 44 it was me. Why shuld I go to Easter Road, buy a ticket and then find somebody in my seat. Why didn't you go and buy a ticket? I understand what the OP says. It was a shambles. I also agree with your point about the state of the game in Scotland. Today I think the soloution to the prpblem was obvious. If you have bought a ticket take your seat in the stand behind the goals, if not pay at the gate and go into the wee stand opposite where the teams come out. Pretty simple and would have saved all the hassle. Hope you enjoyed the game and don't take my seat again or there will be trouble. :devil:

Andy74
14-01-2012, 06:21 PM
If it was row m seat 44 it was me. Why shuld I go to Easter Road, buy a ticket and then find somebody in my seat. Why didn't you go and buy a ticket? I understand what the OP says. It was a shambles. I also agree with your point about the state of the game in Scotland. Today I think the soloution to the prpblem was obvious. If you have bought a ticket take your seat in the stand behind the goals, if not pay at the gate and go into the wee stand opposite where the teams come out. Pretty simple and would have saved all the hassle. Hope you enjoyed the game and don't take my seat again or there will be trouble. :devil:

I think everyone should have just accepted that it was sit anywhere and got on with it. Your ticket got you into the game. If enough people bought them then you'd have secured your entry.

I don't know why anyone bothered. I don't think there was ever really the suggestion it was going to be ticket only.

Broken Gnome
14-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I paid £20 for a ticket from ER on Wednesday because I knew I'd be struggling for kick off. Bang on 3pm, I was a weeeeee bit peeved that the stand had been bloody shut and I was stuck outside the side enclosure for 15 odd minutes.

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Aye agree it was a shambles, but sorry once in and found a seat I was moving for no-one, I certainly wouldn't have moved to another seat if someone with a ticket had turned up! If DAFC can't organise something simple like tickets at the turnstiles then they have to deal with the fall out.

At The Edge
14-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Most of the folk around me were told as i was, sit anywhere you want.
The shambles that was getting the overspill fans into the other section was a joke, everyone could see what needed to be done but the stewards/police took an age to finally make a decision.
it would have been very easy to just create a line of stewards across the coner section and get the fans across as quick as possible, esp when the ball is up the other end of the park.
folk just wanted to get a seat.

other than that excellent Hibs support!
:thumbsup:
:pfgwa

Crab apple
14-01-2012, 06:44 PM
The shambles was not confined to EEP. Despite hundreds of fans at the station the first train to arrive at Dunf for Edinburgh at 5.30pm was two carriages and already near full. Thankfully Scotrail arranaged for a special which arrived about 15 mins later and took us directly to Haymarket.

givescotlandfreedom
14-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Dundee United are just as bad. They let about 100 folk in too many on christmas eve then took ten minutes to get their head out of the erchies and relocate folk. The had people standing and sitting in the aiskes. Then acted like Nazis harrassing folk who were standing in the back row. Tannadice is a death trap, imagine trying to exit through the tiny corridors in a panic/emergency sitation.

hibbymark
14-01-2012, 07:21 PM

Read the post again. I did go to easter rd and purchase a ticket but when I entered the ground the area that my ticket was for was already full which didn't bother me as I had already been told by the steward that it was sit anywhere. It wasn't row m seat 44 thou! I'm not blaming hibs for selling tickets for the game today I just feel in general it looks like we are selling tickets for away games that isn't nesessary and don't always say clearly that there is pay at the gate. I live out of town and went to get a ticket because up until a couple of days ago it was clear as mud if there was a cash gate and even then I think it said you can buy tickets at the ground.

Greentinted
14-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Not the first time this has happened at East End Park.

Looked a complete shambles and for a good 10-15 minutes or so, it appeared to me as if everyone was just looking at each other, waiting on someone else to make a decision.

:agree:

I was involved with the pre-match safety and security preparations for the match where Sauzee made his managerial debut and advised the match-commander and DAFCs security head that Hibs would travel with around 5000 fans. This assertion was dismissed as wishful thinking (they knew where my allegiances lay) and they stuck to their guns, with plans for the away support to be allocated the East Stand only, to be accessed via 4 of the available 6 turnstiles.

On the day, myself and my colleague were the only visible representation outside the East and were taking pelters (justifiably) from an increasingly growing crowd getting proportionally more angry. We were virtually pleading with Match Control to authorise the opening of the two contingent turnstiles and to prepare for the opening of the North East 'Stand'. We are still waiting on a decision. Eventually, after calming down one massive, hyperventilating, very disgruntled, ginger-haired Hibby who appeared to be in favour of ripping my wee heid oaf, by explaining what we were doing, he turned to the walk-up fans and shouted 'gie the guys a ***** break eh, the boys ur dain thir best' You could taste my relief.

Suffice to say we took the decision ourselves (which was technically not for us to do but as the cops and the club went awol our options were limited) and got it sorted. It really wasn't difficult.

Had they listened in the first place, there would have been no problems.

Not good to see things haven't been addressed in the best part of a decade.

Badge
14-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Read the post again. I did go to easter rd and purchase a ticket but when I entered the ground the area that my ticket was for was already full which didn't bother me as I had already been told by the steward that it was sit anywhere. It wasn't row m seat 44 thou! I'm not blaming hibs for selling tickets for the game today I just feel in general it looks like we are selling tickets for away games that isn't nesessary and don't always say clearly that there is pay at the gate. I live out of town and went to get a ticket because up until a couple of days ago it was clear as mud if there was a cash gate and even then I think it said you can buy tickets at the ground.

Glad it wasn't my seat.

EuanH78
14-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Looked like Dunfermline just kept letting people through the turnstiles even though the East stand was full. Pretty sure it was so they could move them afterwards and not have to open the North stand turnstiles but still collect the coin.. Chancers IMO, could have went badly.

Brilliant hibs support today.

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 08:15 PM
In 2012 - it's a farce a club playing in the SPL can't sort this basic thing out.

Solutions -

1. Make it all ticket before the game - ideally not as crowds are usually bigger for pay at gate.

2. Every person that enters gets a ticket - just like some cinemas - sit in your number on your ticket

3. Sit where you want and as soon as the stand looks like it's filling up open up the other side or sides of the ground.

Common sense really and Hibs felt sorry for the fans who had to suffer - we had people in there early at 2pm and then at 2.55pm having to move as someone had a ticket with seat number - which is fair enough - but these people who had been there for an hour never knew the set up or which seats had been sold.

We should be talking about the game not this nonsense.

Hiber-nation
14-01-2012, 08:16 PM
On a sort of related theme did anyone get served their fabulous steak bridies by that wee bandit that looked about 10 years old? Twice tried to overcharge me and wasnae budging till I counted it out in front of him and the wee bassa tried to rip off a few others as well with change of a tenner when they gave him a twenty!

yorkshire hib
14-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Dear Mr Yorkston

a) dont have a mixture of tickets with seat numbers and pay at the gate without tickets
b) or if you do let the stewards know that they should just tell everyone to sit anywhere and make a tannoy announcement to this effect

Complete shambles from Dunfermline Athletic, G4S Stewards and Fife Constabulary.
dunfermline have always been a tin pot club

Carheenlea
14-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Let's be honest, with the predicted numbers travelling and selling a small number of tickets in advance, it's no surprise there was a shambles. It was to be expected.
I don't understand why fans couldn't have been moved round the track while game was playing? Seen it done before.
If it was strictly all ticket, we would have had half the size of crowd today.

Famous Fiver
14-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Absolute shambles as the OP pointed out.

Lucky there were no incidents or injuries.

I have consoled myself with the point that next year in the first division they will have no problem dealing with the paltry Cowdenbeath support and both clubs are welcome to each other.

That was the best possible argument for a Premier League consisting only of clubs who have mastered crowd control. After Cowdenbeath last week and Dunfermline this week it is obvious that some clubs should be nowhere near the top table.

Dunfermline proved today they are a small town club with a small town mentality and completely unable to deal with any sort of crowd.

LancashireHibby
14-01-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm afraid this sort of scenario doesn't really help the cause of safe standing. There are systems in place to make sure that there is enough space to go round with electronic turnstile counters, leaving 10% of seats unsold in an unreserved stand and having a contingency plan once the stand reaches 80% full with queues still outside. All of those are basic health & safety rules which, if someone puts in a complaint or if there was a 'spot' inspection at the game today, will leave Dunfermline in breach of their safety certificate and down the proverbial creek without a paddle. Staggering in this day and age that there were such problems.

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm afraid this sort of scenario doesn't really help the cause of safe standing. There are systems in place to make sure that there is enough space to go round with electronic turnstile counters, leaving 10% of seats unsold in an unreserved stand and having a contingency plan once the stand reaches 80% full with queues still outside. All of those are basic health & safety rules which, if someone puts in a complaint or if there was a 'spot' inspection at the game today, will leave Dunfermline in breach of their safety certificate and down the proverbial creek without a paddle. Staggering in this day and age that there were such problems.

:agree: Technically no supporters should have been allowed to simply walk around the track to get to the other stand today, all should have been counted in the stand through the turnstiles.

Bristolhibby
14-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Dundee United are just as bad. They let about 100 folk in too many on christmas eve then took ten minutes to get their head out of the erchies and relocate folk. The had people standing and sitting in the aiskes. Then acted like Nazis harrassing folk who were standing in the back row. Tannadice is a death trap, imagine trying to exit through the tiny corridors in a panic/emergency sitation.

I'd be on the pitch. Cook going into that death trap.

J

TheEastTerrace
14-01-2012, 09:42 PM
You couldn't make this shambles up, but then again....

For me it's simple:

- Dunfermline give ticket allocation to Hibs. Hibs sell as much as they can and then return tickets to Dunfermline
- Dunfermline take the remaining tickets and issue one to each person paying at the gate with an allocated seat.

What actually happened was that the numpties on the turnstiles took your £20 from those PATG without giving one of the remaining tickets to allocate fans a seat. This meant they had no idea on the numbers entering and resulted in the east stand being over capacity.

Piss up in a brewery springs to mind

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 09:59 PM
You couldn't make this shambles up, but then again....

For me it's simple:

- Dunfermline give ticket allocation to Hibs. Hibs sell as much as they can and then return tickets to Dunfermline
- Dunfermline take the remaining tickets and issue one to each person paying at the gate with an allocated seat.

What actually happened was that the numpties on the turnstiles took your £20 from those PATG without giving one of the remaining tickets to allocate fans a seat. This meant they had no idea on the numbers entering and resulted in the east stand being over capacity.

Piss up in a brewery springs to mind

Or were Dunfermline just being cheap and not printing tickets for the whole stand - when I paid I didn't see any tickets ready to be handed out? Hibs were probably only given maybe 1000 ? The stand holds just over 3000

Agree with your logic though - not rocket science :rolleyes:

Carheenlea
14-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Car park was a bit of a shambles to exit as well, we got out at 5.25. Whiled the time away tuned into Sportsound to listen to Pat's post match summary. Still waiting... (Old Firm on way up, Old Firm all the way back followed by simpletons phoning in to speak to Jim Traynor and Tom English)

Carheenlea
14-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Or were Dunfermline just being cheap and not printing tickets for the whole stand - when I paid I didn't see any tickets ready to be handed out? Hibs were probably only given maybe 1000 ? The stand holds just over 3000

Sure I read somewhere on here we were allocated 600 tickets to sell in advance?

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 10:09 PM

Was thinking about that number but surely that would make no sense if we had shifted 600 ? Guess we would have asked for more ? :confused:

Agree with your other post about the radio afterwards - who lets some of these callers onto the radio - makes Scotland sound full of muppets.

Broken Gnome
14-01-2012, 10:11 PM

I'd have at least liked for my ticket to guarantee me entry into the stand, even if I wasn't over fussed if it was my allocated seat or not.

Told by stewards it wasn't the first time either. Very reassuring.

TheEastTerrace
14-01-2012, 10:22 PM

Most likely mate

Sir David Gray
14-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Car park was a bit of a shambles to exit as well, we got out at 5.25. Whiled the time away tuned into Sportsound to listen to Pat's post match summary. Still waiting... (Old Firm on way up, Old Firm all the way back followed by simpletons phoning in to speak to Jim Traynor and Tom English)

Likewise.

Think it might even have been a bit later than that for me.

Which, when you consider that the game finished at just before 5pm, is ridiculous. :agree:

Ferryhibby
14-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I was in the same position as hibbymark, i went and bought a ticket coz we were told it was going to be all ticket, then last week find out its also pay at the gate, i got in and seated where i came in and was there about 30 mins before kickoff being told it would be ok to sit wherever you wanted, sure as a hearts player with empty pockets 3pm comes and 4 or 5 guys turn up and shout about us sitting in their seats, i appologised to the guys and told them we were told to sit where we could and with it being kickoff time they should do the same, (in a fewer amount of words) they eventually went to get a steward but didnt return, that got me also thinking what a complete cluster**** of a club they really are, they must have thought if they make it all ticket they wont get as many fans so stop printing tickets and tell everyone its PATG, without really caring bout the consequences. Also why were the fans stopped from going into the stand through the front along the pitch and told to go out the stadium and re-enter through the turnstiles.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Let's be honest, with the predicted numbers travelling and selling a small number of tickets in advance, it's no surprise there was a shambles. It was to be expected.
I don't understand why fans couldn't have been moved round the track while game was playing? Seen it done before.
If it was strictly all ticket, we would have had half the size of crowd today.

Its clear DAFC had no idea of how many had entered the stand, nor had Fife Polis any idea how to deal with a few hundred fans involved in the overspill.

Quite remarkable really given both sets of clowns have had repeated occasions for practise .. it is ALWAYS a shambles there! EFFING IDIOTS THE LOT OF THEM! :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2012, 11:48 PM

Correct. My dad got our tickets midweek and said that the ticket office said Dunfermline sent us 600 tickes then would sell the rest at the gate.

Surely they either send us ALL the tickets, or none. I witnessed so many arguments amongst fellow hibbys today because someone was sitting in THEIR seat, after the stewards had said the seat numbers on tickets were worthless. Then watched hundreds of hibbys waiting to get into the other stand while the game was going on. So unorganised!!!

GreenCastle
14-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Correct. My dad got our tickets midweek and said that the ticket office said Dunfermline sent us 600 tickes then would sell the rest at the gate.

Surely they either send us ALL the tickets, or none. I witnessed so many arguments amongst fellow hibbys today because someone was sitting in THEIR seat, after the stewards had said the seat numbers on tickets were worthless. Then watched hundreds of hibbys waiting to get into the other stand while the game was going on. So unorganised!!!

That was the worst thing I saw - some fans arguing with other fans - when really it's the clubs fault for shocking organisation. We had a father and 2 young ones in front of us today who were in early and had to move as someone had tickets - the guy with kids took it fine but felt sorry as he didn't know what was going on and the poor kids were settled and in a good seat and had to move with not long before kick off.

Chances are Hibs and Pars won't be in the same league next season and have played each other twice at East End Park already this season so won't meet again for a while there - correct me if I am wrong.

Steve-O
14-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Remember this happening at least twice about 5-6 years ago at games I went to at EEP. Crazy to think it is still happening after all this time. Idiots.

Lucius Apuleius
15-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Well I never had a ticket and paid at the gate. Lots of reasons why I did not have a ticket and all pretty much irrelevant to the discussion. I always thought we were going to have a large support yesterday so was through early to get parked near the ground. This meant I was in the stadium before 2 o'clock and was told to sit anywhere. Guy in front of me was going a bit rage at guys who came and sat in the seats beside me. Said his kids had tickets for these seats. The fact that his kids were down bouncing along with the rest of the young team kind of went over his head irony wise. :-) Problem for me though is hibbys arguing amongst themselves when it was the fault of DAFC. Either everyone entering should have been issued a seat or everybody entering should have been told it was sit anywhere. Poor show.

The Falcon
15-01-2012, 08:26 AM
I was in the main stand yesterday and it looked to be getting a bit silly at one point. Its at times like that, when no one has a clue, that accidents happen.

Was on the terracing in 98 when they closed the gates then and they have learned nothing since.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 11:16 AM
People talk about wanting to bring in safe standing areas! FFS judging by yesterdays shambles and the shambles at Motherwell recently, stadium safety is no where near what is required for seated areas let alone standing!!!

lucky
15-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Our seats wee taken, no real drama, but I ask a steward to let us over to the North stand, said could not, I asked him to radio his supervisor, again said he couldn't only supervisors had radios. Eventually the police allowed us over to the other stand just before kick off. But then stopped another 200-300 from getting over. Eventually they had to leave the East stand and re-enter the ground at the North stand. Clearly Dunfermline were not organised for the Hibs support but then again not many of us thought we would take 4000 or so through there. Worrying thing for me was even though the stand was full they kept letting people in. Easily could have led to an incident. It is these reasons that I don't think standing will be allowed back at top flight games

Alfred E Newman
15-01-2012, 11:36 AM

I would imagine the tickets that were sold were sold in a block. Would it not have been easy for Dunfermline to tape off that area prior to opening the gates? We travelled early and paid at the gate as rather than coming in to ER to buy tickets or paying over the odds to get them posted out. Fortunately we were not asked to move.

Twa Cairpets
15-01-2012, 11:57 AM
It was the obstinate stupidity of the police that bugged me.

People sensibly let across the tiny wee corner section of track to the little side stand up until the start of the game, and then immediately, or so it seemed from my seat, "no the games started, we cant possibly allow these people to negotiate about ten yards of perimeter to get to a place where they will be safely housed. What we'll do instead is leave these people to get frustrated and angry by first leaving them to stand across a third of the width of the pitch making the people behind them stand up, and then take them round the outside of the ground". Absolutely ridiculous. They could have formed a little steward/police cordon to allow people to get to the side stand, or they could, perish the thought, have just trusted people to walk safely and quickly and avoid 20 minutes of stupidity.

Treat people like potential criminals and s***bags and you increase the liklihood of people behaving like criminals and s***bags.

Billy Whizz
15-01-2012, 11:58 AM
One of my friends is a Director at Dunfermline. I sent him a text last night. He got back to me and said he would get it sorted

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I cant believe anyone thought their safety was in question, did anyone feel afraid yesterday just because there was a couple of hundred extra people in the stand? :confused:

We do like to get all high and mighty when the slightest thing does not go to plan.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2012, 12:45 PM
It was the obstinate stupidity of the police that bugged me.

People sensibly let across the tiny wee corner section of track to the little side stand up until the start of the game, and then immediately, or so it seemed from my seat, "no the games started, we cant possibly allow these people to negotiate about ten yards of perimeter to get to a place where they will be safely housed. What we'll do instead is leave these people to get frustrated and angry by first leaving them to stand across a third of the width of the pitch making the people behind them stand up, and then take them round the outside of the ground". Absolutely ridiculous. They could have formed a little steward/police cordon to allow people to get to the side stand, or they could, perish the thought, have just trusted people to walk safely and quickly and avoid 20 minutes of stupidity.

Treat people like potential criminals and s***bags and you increase the liklihood of people behaving like criminals and s***bags.

Totally agree.

I don't understand why this couldn't have happened yesterday.

In particular, the bit in bold would surely have been the most sensible solution.

It wasn't as if the fans would have been going from one side of the stadium to the other. As you say, we were talking about people going about 10 yards.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 01:09 PM
I cant believe anyone thought their safety was in question, did anyone feel afraid yesterday just because there was a couple of hundred extra people in the stand? :confused:

We do like to get all high and mighty when the slightest thing does not go to plan.

It's not about feeling afraid yesterday, it's about the total lack of organisation at a large event that is supposed to have procedures in place to ensure spectator safety! Just because there wasn't any incidents yesterday it still doesn't mean all is well. Hopefully lessons will be learned as it's far better they are learnt from a non incident rather than one when people come to harm. It is astonishing that even the basics of organisation were forgotten yesterday!

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2012, 01:26 PM
It's not about feeling afraid yesterday, it's about the total lack of organisation at a large event that is supposed to have procedures in place to ensure spectator safety! Just because there wasn't any incidents yesterday it still doesn't mean all is well. Hopefully lessons will be learned as it's far better they are learnt from a non incident rather than one when people come to harm. It is astonishing that even the basics of organisation were forgotten yesterday!

I know, the mass hysteria yesterday when a few folk had their seats occupied could have resulted in mayhem. It was nearly Hysel all over again.

A few folk were put out a little, no big deal. A seat was taken and its total lack of organisation? Me personally i'd just move along to one thats empty, again thats just me. Some folk need lead by the hand.

lucky
15-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I know, the mass hysteria yesterday when a few folk had their seats occupied could have resulted in mayhem. It was nearly Hysel all over again.

A few folk were put out a little, no big deal. A seat was taken and its total lack of organisation? Me personally i'd just move along to one thats empty, again thats just me. Some folk need lead by the hand.

Not for the first time, you have missed the point. There was not seats left for anyone to sit in. Then farce of stewards and the police. There was litlle chance of an incident but it was another trip to EEP at which the home side failed to manage the crowd correctly.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Not for the first time, you have missed the point. There was not seats left for anyone to sit in. Then farce of stewards and the police. There was litlle chance of an incident but it was another trip to EEP at which the home side failed to manage the crowd correctly.

I understand the point exactly, and agree Dunfermline need to get their act together as its not the first time this has happened with us.

What my point is, we have some folk going way over the top. There was no trouble, its was some folk a little put out. If more Hibs fans attended games in England, they'd know what being put out actually meant.

givescotlandfreedom
15-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I'd be on the pitch. Cook going into that death trap.

J

Problem was worse because it was in the upper tier.

Jones28
15-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Very easy to prevent situations like this happening again. Something very lacking with clubs like Dunfermline and Dundee UTD if they can't organise things properly.

- Either make it all ticket or all PATG (that way everyone has a seat if the PATG numbers are tracked and tickets are sold in order of seats)

- Have a contigency in place for any overspill, everyone outside the stadium looking at the q's could see what was going to happen.

- If things do get out of hand just make a f****** decision instead of waiting for the game to kick off so fans couldn't simply hop the barrier and walk across.

Don't understand how folk couldnt do it quickly

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Problem was worse because it was in the upper tier.

Now that place is a danger to folk, unlike east end park where the stand is good and plenty of space to stand in the concourse and stairs, Tannadice is the opposite. If they let a couple of hundred extra folk in that dump, it could cause problems.

squire
15-01-2012, 02:43 PM
I have to say I prefer PATG, turn up and take a seat you fancy. That's one of the main reasons I went yesterday because there was no way I would have bothered to get a ticket in advance. I knew it would be a large crowd so me and my mate made sure we were in the ground just after 2.30. I did feel sorry for those with tickets though who turned up to find they didnt have a seat. The contingency plan to open the other stand should have been in place a lot earlier

You would think DAFC would be better prepared especially due the historically larger crowd we always bring through. It was the same in a pre-season match under Yogi. That day I was in a huge queue outside the East stand before they opened up the North. I think the game was delayed by 15 mins that day

cocopops1875
15-01-2012, 03:17 PM
There were plenty empty seats ;-) just a lack of people willing to seek them out

Paisley Hibby
15-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Agree with you Blackpool. It was a bit inconvenient but no big deal. My main concern was that our fans in the north stand were denied the chance of getting a DAFC Steak Bridie :)

Frazerbob
15-01-2012, 05:02 PM
There were plenty empty seats ;-) just a lack of people willing to seek them out

Correct. I could see dozens of empty seats around me, mostly singles though to be fair. The stand was NOT at capacity it was just difficult to find seats together.

Having said that, why the the wee stand at the side wasn't open from the start is beyond me. Everyone knew we'd have a big support over.

Baldy Foghorn
15-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Correct. I could see dozens of empty seats around me, mostly singles though to be fair. The stand was NOT at capacity it was just difficult to find seats together.

Having said that, why the the wee stand at the side wasn't open from the start is beyond me. Everyone knew we'd have a big support over.

Everyone apart from DAFC officials.......

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Typical response from you, expected nothing less really :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Typical response from you, expected nothing less really :rolleyes:

:kettle: As i said, some folk need taken by the hand, and cant use the brains they were born with. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 08:43 AM
:kettle: As i said, some folk need taken by the hand, and cant use the brains they were born with. :rolleyes:

Oh dear and another one!!!!

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh dear and another one!!!!

I got on a train from Euston to Preston at xmas, there was nearly as many folk standing ALL the way to Preston that were sitting. I never heard anyone complain during the journey. They moved along the train looking for seats while the train was moving,( i know scary eh) but there were none. As i said, some folk couldn't go shopping without help. I should have been on the virgin rail site starting a shambles thread. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 09:00 AM
I got on a train from Euston to Preston at xmas, there was nearly as many folk standing ALL the way to Preston that were sitting. I never heard anyone complain during the journey. They moved along the train looking for seats while the train was moving,( i know scary eh) but there were none. As i said, some folk couldn't go shopping without help. I should have been on the virgin rail site starting a shambles thread. :rolleyes:

Pish example to use just like your Heysel attempt!

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Pish example to use just like your Heysel attempt!

:faf: Football fan exaggerates, call the police.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 09:19 AM
:faf: Football fan exaggerates, call the police.

Football fan has no answer so reverts to posting nonsense............call the Police...................no wait it's blackpoolhibs he slavers pish aw the time, phew...................panic over. Next!

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Football fan has no answer so reverts to posting nonsense............call the Police...................no wait it's blackpoolhibs he slavers pish aw the time, phew...................panic over. Next!

Well thanks for clearing that up. :faf:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm so glad everyone who went to east end park on saturday, managed to get in and out safely. The stress you had to put yourself through must have been so uncomfortable, some may be seeking help today as we speak.

I'd personally think twice about putting myself through that again, i dont think i could ever get over someone sitting in my seat?

It would scar me for ever. :faf:

RiseAbove
16-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Looking on the brightside, wasnt it a fantastic away crowd, not sure how the Scotsman can say 2000 travelling fans, looked nearer 3500/4000 to me.

Twa Cairpets
16-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm so glad everyone who went to east end park on saturday, managed to get in and out safely. The stress you had to put yourself through must have been so uncomfortable, some may be seeking help today as we speak.

I'd personally think twice about putting myself through that again, i dont think i could ever get over someone sitting in my seat?

It would scar me for ever. :faf:

The points you're making here are ridiculous. Its not much to do with safety, its to do with a club being able to manage an event effectively, and the police/stewarding failing to respond to changing circumstances. That said , if there had ben only maybe a hundred or so more people pitching up it could have started to become a safety issue.but I agree probably not.

Its not an unreasonable expectation to be able to come to a game and take a seat. If you buy a ticket with a seat number in order to sit with some of your mates or family its not unreasonable to expect to be able to actually sit together in those seats is it? Its not the fault of the people who are asked to move, but if youve got kids with you should you be expected to sit far away from them as there are only single seats left? (As I was once told to do by a plukey we fud at Tannadice as Jim McLean pointed and laughed from his Directors box - there is a pattern of incompetence here). Maybe those people should just accept it as you seem to suggest?

Your rather high handed "people need led by the hand" is fine if it was relevant. Its not. People weren't being inept or pathetic or stupid. They were trying to watch a game of football at a football ground, and were met with a blank wall of incompetence. If nothing else, its hugely indicative of the general contempt with which football fans are treated by the police. Nowt wrong with bumping our collective gums about this.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 10:06 AM
The points you're making here are ridiculous. Its not much to do with safety, its to do with a club being able to manage an event effectively, and the police/stewarding failing to respond to changing circumstances. That said , if there had ben only maybe a hundred or so more people pitching up it could have started to become a safety issue.but I agree probably not.

It snot an unreasonable expectation to be able to come to a game and take a seat. If you buy a ticket with a seat number in order to sit with some of your mates or family its not unreasonable to expect to be able to actually sit together in those seats is it? Its not the fault of the people who are asked to move, but if youve got kids with you should you be expected to sit far away from them as there are only single seats left? (As I was once told to do by a plukey we fud at Tannadice as Jim McLean pointed and laughed from his Directors box - there is a pattern of incompetence here). Maybe those people should just accept it as you seem to suggest?

Your rather high handed "people need led by the hand" is fine if it was relevant. Its not. People weren't being inept or pathetic or stupid. They were trying to watch a game of football at a football ground, and were met with a blank wall of incompetence. If nothing else, its hugely indicative of the general contempt with which football fans are treated by the police. Nowt wrong with bumping our collective gums about this.

You put some decent points across, most i actually agree with. Yet all i have heard was a couple of people needed to move seats, family's were not split, just a few folk having to move. Its hardly a catastrophe imo.

We moan because nobody follows the club away, then when we do get a big support, we still moan. And some folk then spout on about how having a couple of hundred extra folk in a stand somehow makes a standing area a non starter??? I know football fans will moan about inept stewarding or policing, yet most folk said it was the best away day in years.

Personally i hope we have to put up with this inept kind of policing for a the foreseeable future.

Keith_M
16-01-2012, 10:20 AM
People talk about wanting to bring in safe standing areas! FFS judging by yesterdays shambles and the shambles at Motherwell recently, stadium safety is no where near what is required for seated areas let alone standing!!!

What exactly has that got to do with what happened on Saturday?

:confused:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Dont you know, christ it was mayhem on saturday. Folk had to move their seat. :wink:

GreenCastle
16-01-2012, 10:38 AM
You put some decent points across, most i actually agree with. Yet all i have heard was a couple of people needed to move seats, family's were not split, just a few folk having to move. Its hardly a catastrophe imo.

We moan because nobody follows the club away, then when we do get a big support, we still moan. And some folk then spout on about how having a couple of hundred extra folk in a stand somehow makes a standing area a non starter??? I know football fans will moan about inept stewarding or policing, yet most folk said it was the best away day in years.

Personally i hope we have to put up with this inept kind of policing for a the foreseeable future.

No one is saying it's a catastrophe :confused:

The thread title is "shambles today" - which is not an over reaction just what it was on Saturday.

The bigger picture is that this is not the 1st time it's happened and with Hibs fans at East End Park. With the game the way it is right now and Scottish Football struggling - the fan / customer should be able to go to a game with minimal hassle / disruption.

I mentioned in this thread earlier - there were families - with 2 or 3 kids (the future of our support) getting there early 2pm - then finding a vacant seat - for some person to turn up at 2.55pm to say they had a ticket for that seat - meaning the dad and 3 kids were walking around missing the start of the game and not knowing what was happening or where they were going to watch the game having been in the ground for an hour already.

Common sense organisation and learning from previous games would have avoided this all - and Hibs supporters arguing with each other which is happening on this thread and happened on Saturday when fans turned up with tickets and others were unaware certain seats had been reserved.

The Gorf
16-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Dear Mr Yorkston

Just out of curiosity, if the attendance was 6300 how many were Hibbys? How many does that stand hold?

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2012, 11:18 AM
just noticed on the dunfy official site that the game on saturday was the last game for PATG, home/away fans will have to purchase tickets at kiosks from now on

Paisley Hibby
16-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Just out of curiosity, if the attendance was 6300 how many were Hibbys? How many does that stand hold?

GGTTH

I've been wondering that too. Just found this http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/dunfermline.htm

says that the capacity of the East Stand is just over 3000 - so I reckon we must have had close to 4000 there on Saturday right enough

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Let me think............I mentioned standing, seating and stadium safety, there that about sums it up. I see it relating if you don't then fine that's fair enough.

Keith_M
16-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Let me think............I mentioned standing, seating and stadium safety, there that about sums it up. I see it relating if you don't then fine that's fair enough.

Nope, sorry, still not with you.

Tickets were sold beforehand for specific seats and then not respected by the stewards. That led to some arguments and fans being moved to the other stand. The organisation was a shambles.

What exactly would have been the difference if the area in question was terracing? (other than the fact there could be no argument over specific seat numbers)

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Nope, sorry, still not with you.

Tickets were sold beforehand for specific seats and then not respected by the stewards. That led to some arguments and fans being moved to the other stand. The organisation was a shambles.

What exactly would have been the difference if the area in question was terracing? (other than the fact there could be no argument over specific seat numbers)

My point was aimed at the argument that safety at stadiums being far superior these days and times have changed, better organistion, policing, stewarding etc. I therefore was pointing out that Saturday's shambles clearly demonstrated this is not the case in all grounds and until we can sort out how to do it properly we shouldn't be considering a change to terracing or standing areas. Again just my take on things, I'm not going to get involved in another standing/seating debate. As someone who works in H&S I was apalled at the lack of organisation on Saturday.

Greentinted
16-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Your rather high handed "people need led by the hand" is fine if it was relevant. Its not. People weren't being inept or pathetic or stupid. They were trying to watch a game of football at a football ground, and were met with a blank wall of incompetence. If nothing else, its hugely indicative of the general contempt with which football fans are treated by the police (and some stewards). Nowt wrong with bumping our collective gums about this.

The above paragraph is closer than you probably think. In the days when Rock Steady Security were the ubiquitous event safety company in Scotland, the basic training (comprising 3 presentations delivered by the 'training team' comprising a former police officer, former firefighter and a pleasant enough wee chap who had his own First-Aid training company) was prefaced by the line - "In this line of work it is imperative that we assume the general public is stupid, and we are there to guide them safely through the day." Highly ironic given the recruitment directive from senior management (who often referred to many stewards as merely 'jacket fillers') to those who conducted the interviews was, "just get as many boadies as ye can"

Obviously I can't pass comment on the company as they operate under the auspices of G4S, but there are still a lot of the same faces involved.

PatHead
16-01-2012, 01:22 PM
We arrived about 2.30 on Saturday and were queueing for about 15 minutes when a steward told us the second stand was opening but there would be no catering facilities. We went round and got in no problem. Initially I thought good job done with kick off slightly delayed. On reading the posts here it appears as though fans were still getting in to the original stand after it was full. Why didn't they simply re-direct everyone to the other stand?

Despite Blackpool Hibs flipant take on things, that is serious. (Forget how Hillsborough started? Too many folk in the same terracing.) I know that we normally won't be in a position like this but for the 3rd time this season Hibs fans have been exposed to potential danger due to incompetent policing/stewarding.

What if there had been a fire at Motherwell? We couldn't make out the announcements and were left standing there. It appeared that the stewards/police didn't know what to do either. There was no leadership at all.

According to fans the steps at Tannadice were getting blocked for a while creating a high risk (I wasn't there so can't comment myself).

Now Saturday's shambles. Once again a lack of leadership was very evident. In addition, another point which no-one has commented on is the fact that no stewards were in front of the Hibs fans in the wee stand. Infact ,there were very few stewards in that stand. In the event of an emergency what would have happened?

A pattern has developed and it is important these problems are addressed before someone gets hurt.

Hibby70
16-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Dont you know, christ it was mayhem on saturday. Folk had to move their seat. :wink:

Which is fine if everyone is level headed, which they're not. Imagine taking a family along then having a heated argument with a couple of guys over the tickets v patg and not being able to see any other groups of seats.

According to you it was just a case of moving along. What and getting the kids to sit on a seat by themselves?

It was a shambles and i was perfectly correct in raising the issue for discussion.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2012, 01:58 PM

And there you have it!

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Which is fine if everyone is level headed, which they're not. Imagine taking a family along then having a heated argument with a couple of guys over the tickets v patg and not being able to see any other groups of seats.

According to you it was just a case of moving along. What and getting the kids to sit on a seat by themselves?

It was a shambles and i was perfectly correct in raising the issue for discussion.

Something i will certainly agree with you on.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Regards seating, I had taken time to go to Easter Road and purchase my ticket, so was not prepared to hunt for an available seat. Someone was in my ticketed seat when I arrived, I asked him politely to move, which he did, no problem.....

El Gubbz
16-01-2012, 07:27 PM
We wont be there for a while anyway. 2 seasons atleast :greengrin

Frazerbob
16-01-2012, 07:28 PM
We arrived about 2.30 on Saturday and were queueing for about 15 minutes when a steward told us the second stand was opening but there would be no catering facilities. We went round and got in no problem. Initially I thought good job done with kick off slightly delayed. On reading the posts here it appears as though fans were still getting in to the original stand after it was full. Why didn't they simply re-direct everyone to the other stand?

Despite Blackpool Hibs flipant take on things, that is serious. (Forget how Hillsborough started? Too many folk in the same terracing.) I know that we normally won't be in a position like this but for the 3rd time this season Hibs fans have been exposed to potential danger due to incompetent policing/stewarding.

What if there had been a fire at Motherwell? We couldn't make out the announcements and were left standing there. It appeared that the stewards/police didn't know what to do either. There was no leadership at all.

According to fans the steps at Tannadice were getting blocked for a while creating a high risk (I wasn't there so can't comment myself).

Now Saturday's shambles. Once again a lack of leadership was very evident. In addition, another point which no-one has commented on is the fact that no stewards were in front of the Hibs fans in the wee stand. Infact ,there were very few stewards in that stand. In the event of an emergency what would have happened?

A pattern has developed and it is important these problems are addressed before someone gets hurt.

The stand was not full. From my seat, which was pretty central, I could see DOZENS of empty seats. If that was replicated throughout the stand there must have been hundreds of free seats. I would estimate around 150 fans moved to the other stand. The problem was that they were mostly single seats so folk didn't want to use them as they'd no be sat with their mates. If the stand had hit capacity, the turnstyles would be closed.

Billy Whizz
16-01-2012, 07:32 PM
We wont be there for a while anyway. 2 seasons atleast :greengrin

Which is a shame. Would rather have Dunfermline in the SPL than Ross County. Can't see us taking 3,000 plus to Dingwall

SteveHFC
16-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Which is a shame. Would rather have Dunfermline in the SPL than Ross County. Can't see us taking 3,000 plus to Dingwall

Would rather have County in the SPL than Dunfermline :agree:

IWasThere2016
16-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Would rather have County in the SPL than Dunfermline :agree:

I'd rather have Dundee :agree:

Hibby70
16-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Regards seating, I had taken time to go to Easter Road and purchase my ticket, so was not prepared to hunt for an available seat. Someone was in my ticketed seat when I arrived, I asked him politely to move, which he did, no problem.....

What would you have done if he'd refused?

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2012, 10:02 PM
What would you have done if he'd refused?

Throw my toys out the pram!!!!!!!!